TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

New Vehicle Prices In Trinidad & Tobago

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

User avatar
acesinghit
punchin NOS
Posts: 2736
Joined: May 12th, 2004, 9:09 pm

Re: NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby acesinghit » April 30th, 2012, 8:58 am

mazda does not have a market for SUV's locally. The Tribute failed as well as the CX-7 and CX-9. The CX-7 will soon be discontinued and the CX-5 (the size of a Qashqai and ASX) but priced higher than a X-Trail, CR-V, Tiguan, Outlander, Grand Vitara, Sorento and Santa Fe means it would be yet another classical Mazda failure. The 3 and 6 doesn't even sell like the previous models and the 2 is another over priced small car failure locally. With a very limited line-up I suspect the only vehicle preventing them from sinking is 2wd manual transmission bt-50's.

If LSM, NM or ANSA assumes the Mazda brand they will inject new life into it. SS is killing the brand, their focus is Isuzu, Kia and Audi.

Advertisement
User avatar
Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 9117
Joined: April 20th, 2009, 10:20 pm

Re: NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby Habit7 » April 30th, 2012, 9:05 am

Who is to say that it failing?

They might be meeting the sale targets that they set for themselves for all we know.

User avatar
Stephon.
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 10267
Joined: October 10th, 2009, 4:50 pm

Re: NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby Stephon. » April 30th, 2012, 11:15 am

acesinghit wrote:mazda does not have a market for SUV's locally. The Tribute failed as well as the CX-7 and CX-9. The CX-7 will soon be discontinued and the CX-5 (the size of a Qashqai and ASX) but priced higher than a X-Trail, CR-V, Tiguan, Outlander, Grand Vitara, Sorento and Santa Fe means it would be yet another classical Mazda failure. The 3 and 6 doesn't even sell like the previous models and the 2 is another over priced small car failure locally. With a very limited line-up I suspect the only vehicle preventing them from sinking is 2wd manual transmission bt-50's.

If LSM, NM or ANSA assumes the Mazda brand they will inject new life into it. SS is killing the brand, their focus is Isuzu, Kia and Audi.


OK stop. How many Mazda 6 vehicles do you see on the roads compared to say a Toyota camry, and the new Mazda 3 only came out 2 years ago you can't expect to see them on the roads as much as you would see the older models. Sheesh!

User avatar
Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 9117
Joined: April 20th, 2009, 10:20 pm

Re: NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby Habit7 » April 30th, 2012, 11:43 am

Its like saying the N&M was successful with the Nissan Tiida because the popularity on the nation's roads (not taking into account that 50-80% are RORO)

User avatar
homeboy
Chronic TriniTuner
Posts: 631
Joined: September 29th, 2008, 9:33 pm

Re: NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby homeboy » April 30th, 2012, 8:20 pm

Guys am in the process of buying a Vehicle for my wife....what would be a good choice with a max budget of 250k?

Any info good or bad........

User avatar
Stephon.
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 10267
Joined: October 10th, 2009, 4:50 pm

Re: NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby Stephon. » April 30th, 2012, 9:19 pm

homeboy wrote:Guys am in the process of buying a Vehicle for my wife....what would be a good choice with a max budget of 250k?

Any info good or bad........


SUV or car?

SUV = Grand Vitara
Car = Mazda 3

kkallicharan
Street 2NR
Posts: 36
Joined: January 23rd, 2012, 10:45 pm

Re: NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby kkallicharan » April 30th, 2012, 9:21 pm

Im lookin 4 a car 4 myself under 250 as well. buh in a few mths time so i doin my research. need som prices doh. if i get em b4 any1 here posts dem up, i will. buh if any1 knows d price of d juke, d info will b appreciated. d 2.2 4by2 auto new model ranger is 265k doh if any1 wanted dat info (d 3.2 4by4 auto limited is 325k

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 12797
Joined: May 22nd, 2010, 8:11 pm
Location: Not South

Re: NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby S_2NR » April 30th, 2012, 9:41 pm

homeboy wrote:Guys am in the process of buying a Vehicle for my wife....what would be a good choice with a max budget of 250k?

Any info good or bad........


well first, u need to find out what yuh wife like

User avatar
cinco
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 18224
Joined: January 6th, 2006, 3:21 pm
Location: Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?
Contact:

Re: NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby cinco » May 1st, 2012, 9:55 am

kkallicharan wrote:Im lookin 4 a car 4 myself under 250 as well. buh in a few mths time so i doin my research. need som prices doh. if i get em b4 any1 here posts dem up, i will. buh if any1 knows d price of d juke, d info will b appreciated. d 2.2 4by2 auto new model ranger is 265k doh if any1 wanted dat info (d 3.2 4by4 auto limited is 325k

what?

boods1234
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 120
Joined: April 18th, 2012, 10:47 am
Location: Sando

Re: NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby boods1234 » May 1st, 2012, 11:25 am

whats the average price of a new C class benz in trindad?

User avatar
ek4ever
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1731
Joined: March 11th, 2008, 10:51 am
Location: Spot of Pain

Re: NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby ek4ever » May 1st, 2012, 11:50 am

homeboy wrote:Guys am in the process of buying a Vehicle for my wife....what would be a good choice with a max budget of 250k?

Any info good or bad........


For $250k you may be able to get the Octavia 1.8T, this would be my first choice followed by the Jetta 1.4 Twincharged

kkallicharan
Street 2NR
Posts: 36
Joined: January 23rd, 2012, 10:45 pm

Re: NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby kkallicharan » May 1st, 2012, 12:23 pm

cinco wrote:
kkallicharan wrote:Im lookin 4 a car 4 myself under 250 as well. buh in a few mths time so i doin my research. need som prices doh. if i get em b4 any1 here posts dem up, i will. buh if any1 knows d price of d juke, d info will b appreciated. d 2.2 4by2 auto new model ranger is 265k doh if any1 wanted dat info (d 3.2 4by4 auto limited is 325k

what?



not sure if u mean "what?" to the bbm language or to the prices

User avatar
cinco
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 18224
Joined: January 6th, 2006, 3:21 pm
Location: Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?
Contact:

Re: NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby cinco » May 1st, 2012, 12:28 pm

i have no idea what you said

kkallicharan
Street 2NR
Posts: 36
Joined: January 23rd, 2012, 10:45 pm

Re: NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby kkallicharan » May 1st, 2012, 2:38 pm

I'm looking for a car for myself for under $250000 as well. But I'll be actually buying it in a few months time so I'm doing my research now. I need some prices though. If I get them before anyone here posts them up, i will do so myself. If anyone knows the price of the Nissan Juke, the information will be appreciated. The 2.2td 4by2 automatic new model ranger is 265k though if anyone wanted that information (the 3.2td 4by4 auto limited edition new model ranger is 325k)

I got the price of the Juke today already. It's $215000 for the 1.6 cvt and the 1.6 manual turbo is coming soon for $250000 I think the guy said.

User avatar
noshownogo
punchin NOS
Posts: 4345
Joined: January 6th, 2004, 11:51 am
Location: heavy petting!
Contact:

Re: NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby noshownogo » May 1st, 2012, 2:41 pm

saw that Juke today on Maraval rd. Ugly no rass...

User avatar
Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 9117
Joined: April 20th, 2009, 10:20 pm

Re: NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby Habit7 » May 1st, 2012, 8:55 pm

Yip saw the Juke in Bimshire....it seems like Nissan is playing a practical joke on LHD world by seeing how much ppl actually love this car.

IMO for less than $250,000
1. VW Jetta
2. Skoda Octavia
3. Hyundai Elantra

sry Stephon, but as a Mazda 3 driver, it is too overpriced with a horrible gearbox.

User avatar
homeboy
Chronic TriniTuner
Posts: 631
Joined: September 29th, 2008, 9:33 pm

Re: NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby homeboy » May 1st, 2012, 9:23 pm

Stephon. wrote:
homeboy wrote:Guys am in the process of buying a Vehicle for my wife....what would be a good choice with a max budget of 250k?

Any info good or bad........


SUV or car?

SUV = Grand Vitara
Car = Mazda 3


Vitara=240k, 255k and 280k....wife don't like.
Mazda= I don't like....lol...

S_2NR She still have a CS3 and want the new lancer, i think 210k is not really what i would pay for a lancer.......

X-Trail Classic=245k,
Chevy Cruze=190k, 219k.
Navara=262k

What got me sold was the Kia Optima for 295k, really sweet ride....again it's not for me and wife don't like.....I think the X-Trail for 245k might be the best option so far......................never owned a Nissan though!

User avatar
homeboy
Chronic TriniTuner
Posts: 631
Joined: September 29th, 2008, 9:33 pm

Re: NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby homeboy » May 1st, 2012, 9:27 pm

ek4ever wrote:
homeboy wrote:Guys am in the process of buying a Vehicle for my wife....what would be a good choice with a max budget of 250k?

Any info good or bad........


For $250k you may be able to get the Octavia 1.8T, this would be my first choice followed by the Jetta 1.4 Twincharged


Dumb question as i ask 2 guys and they don't know....where in south can i view the Jetta? saw i picture in this same thread and it looked good.......

User avatar
Allergic2BunnyEars
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6707
Joined: September 15th, 2011, 12:32 am

NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » May 1st, 2012, 9:46 pm

homeboy wrote:
ek4ever wrote:
homeboy wrote:Guys am in the process of buying a Vehicle for my wife....what would be a good choice with a max budget of 250k?

Any info good or bad........


For $250k you may be able to get the Octavia 1.8T, this would be my first choice followed by the Jetta 1.4 Twincharged


Dumb question as i ask 2 guys and they don't know....where in south can i view the Jetta? saw i picture in this same thread and it looked good.......


As far as I know the dealer (Best Auto) has no showroom in south. Give them a call. They might be willing to send a car down who knows.

User avatar
Allergic2BunnyEars
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6707
Joined: September 15th, 2011, 12:32 am

NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » May 1st, 2012, 10:01 pm

mammoo wrote:^^^^^^

As requested, this is the breakdown of the average service cost of a Volkswagen Jetta:

- 1000 Miles - Free!
- 5000 Miles - $1,100
- 10,000 Miles - $1,300
- 15,000 Miles - $1,100
- 20,000 Miles - $3,500 (If front Brakes to be changed +$850)
- 25,000 Miles - $1,100
- 30,000 Miles - $1,300
- 35,000 Miles - $1,100
- 40,000 Miles - $4,000-$5,000

Please note that at every 20,000 Miles Service includes - Replacement of Air, Fuel, Oil and Pollen Filters. Clean & service Throttle Body. Renew all Fluids eg Brakes, radiator etc. Check and Lubricate all contact points. Alignment of Tyres. Change any worn belts.

Also note that our service intervals are in Miles NOT Kilometers as in other our Japanese Brand Competitors.

Glad to be of assistance guys!!!


Just posting for the benefit of other members. Some info was left out.

Image

Thoughts?

In theory servicing for the Jetta could be 7000 dollars per year. I'm surprised at the 3 month schedule when in every other country VW recommends 7500 mile services ( or 6 months) for vehicles doing harsher city miles and 10000 mile servicing (or 1 year) for highway driven vehicles

User avatar
*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 9335
Joined: December 25th, 2006, 2:58 pm
Location: VIP SECTION

Re: NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby *$kїđž!™ » May 1st, 2012, 10:35 pm

Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:
mammoo wrote:^^^^^^

As requested, this is the breakdown of the average service cost of a Volkswagen Jetta:

- 1000 Miles - Free!
- 5000 Miles - $1,100
- 10,000 Miles - $1,300
- 15,000 Miles - $1,100
- 20,000 Miles - $3,500 (If front Brakes to be changed +$850)
- 25,000 Miles - $1,100
- 30,000 Miles - $1,300
- 35,000 Miles - $1,100
- 40,000 Miles - $4,000-$5,000

Please note that at every 20,000 Miles Service includes - Replacement of Air, Fuel, Oil and Pollen Filters. Clean & service Throttle Body. Renew all Fluids eg Brakes, radiator etc. Check and Lubricate all contact points. Alignment of Tyres. Change any worn belts.

Also note that our service intervals are in Miles NOT Kilometers as in other our Japanese Brand Competitors.

Glad to be of assistance guys!!!


mammoo this is just labour fees right?.....replacement of filters, oil etc would be an additional charge???

User avatar
Allergic2BunnyEars
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6707
Joined: September 15th, 2011, 12:32 am

NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » May 1st, 2012, 10:41 pm

*$kїđž!™ wrote:
Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:
mammoo wrote:^^^^^^

As requested, this is the breakdown of the average service cost of a Volkswagen Jetta:

- 1000 Miles - Free!
- 5000 Miles - $1,100
- 10,000 Miles - $1,300
- 15,000 Miles - $1,100
- 20,000 Miles - $3,500 (If front Brakes to be changed +$850)
- 25,000 Miles - $1,100
- 30,000 Miles - $1,300
- 35,000 Miles - $1,100
- 40,000 Miles - $4,000-$5,000

Please note that at every 20,000 Miles Service includes - Replacement of Air, Fuel, Oil and Pollen Filters. Clean & service Throttle Body. Renew all Fluids eg Brakes, radiator etc. Check and Lubricate all contact points. Alignment of Tyres. Change any worn belts.

Also note that our service intervals are in Miles NOT Kilometers as in other our Japanese Brand Competitors.

Glad to be of assistance guys!!!


mammoo this is just labour fees right?.....replacement of filters, oil etc would be an additional charge???


$1100 in labour?

User avatar
*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 9335
Joined: December 25th, 2006, 2:58 pm
Location: VIP SECTION

Re: NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby *$kїđž!™ » May 1st, 2012, 10:44 pm

Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:
*$kїđž!™ wrote:
Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:
mammoo wrote:^^^^^^

As requested, this is the breakdown of the average service cost of a Volkswagen Jetta:

- 1000 Miles - Free!
- 5000 Miles - $1,100
- 10,000 Miles - $1,300
- 15,000 Miles - $1,100
- 20,000 Miles - $3,500 (If front Brakes to be changed +$850)
- 25,000 Miles - $1,100
- 30,000 Miles - $1,300
- 35,000 Miles - $1,100
- 40,000 Miles - $4,000-$5,000

Please note that at every 20,000 Miles Service includes - Replacement of Air, Fuel, Oil and Pollen Filters. Clean & service Throttle Body. Renew all Fluids eg Brakes, radiator etc. Check and Lubricate all contact points. Alignment of Tyres. Change any worn belts.

Also note that our service intervals are in Miles NOT Kilometers as in other our Japanese Brand Competitors.

Glad to be of assistance guys!!!


mammoo this is just labour fees right?.....replacement of filters, oil etc would be an additional charge???


$1100 in labour?


well yeah ....LM charges $600 labour for just changing oil...bro....

User avatar
Allergic2BunnyEars
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6707
Joined: September 15th, 2011, 12:32 am

Re: NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » May 1st, 2012, 10:52 pm

*$kїđž!™ wrote:
Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:
*$kїđž!™ wrote:
Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:
mammoo wrote:^^^^^^

As requested, this is the breakdown of the average service cost of a Volkswagen Jetta:

- 1000 Miles - Free!
- 5000 Miles - $1,100
- 10,000 Miles - $1,300
- 15,000 Miles - $1,100
- 20,000 Miles - $3,500 (If front Brakes to be changed +$850)
- 25,000 Miles - $1,100
- 30,000 Miles - $1,300
- 35,000 Miles - $1,100
- 40,000 Miles - $4,000-$5,000

Please note that at every 20,000 Miles Service includes - Replacement of Air, Fuel, Oil and Pollen Filters. Clean & service Throttle Body. Renew all Fluids eg Brakes, radiator etc. Check and Lubricate all contact points. Alignment of Tyres. Change any worn belts.

Also note that our service intervals are in Miles NOT Kilometers as in other our Japanese Brand Competitors.

Glad to be of assistance guys!!!


mammoo this is just labour fees right?.....replacement of filters, oil etc would be an additional charge???


$1100 in labour?


well yeah ....LM charges $600 labour for just changing oil...bro....


:shock:

Didn't know that.

crazychinee
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 778
Joined: August 5th, 2005, 7:07 am

Re: NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby crazychinee » May 2nd, 2012, 5:27 am

boods1234 wrote:whats the average price of a new C class benz in trindad?

Anywhere from $390,000 and up, depending on specs.
Good midspec without sunroof but with leather etc will run you around $420,000

User avatar
Nasrallah
Sweet on this forum
Posts: 284
Joined: June 27th, 2007, 4:13 pm

Re: NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby Nasrallah » May 3rd, 2012, 11:24 am

Got this in an email today...just thought I'd share

Image


PS

I've got no affiliation with Neal and Massy Automotive.

User avatar
noshownogo
punchin NOS
Posts: 4345
Joined: January 6th, 2004, 11:51 am
Location: heavy petting!
Contact:

Re: NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby noshownogo » May 3rd, 2012, 11:28 am

If that's the fully loaded Qashqai for $238k, that's very competitive.

User avatar
tarzan
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 197
Joined: March 21st, 2007, 6:24 pm
Location: Durka Durka Land, Iraq

Re: NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby tarzan » May 3rd, 2012, 12:26 pm

any idea what the 2013 bluebird would cost???

User avatar
cinco
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 18224
Joined: January 6th, 2006, 3:21 pm
Location: Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?
Contact:

Re: NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby cinco » May 3rd, 2012, 3:27 pm

wow great prices

User avatar
scotty_buttons
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1627
Joined: October 23rd, 2005, 4:21 pm
Location: Point Of No Return
Contact:

Re: NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby scotty_buttons » May 3rd, 2012, 3:58 pm

really? find the legacy and forester kinda pricey and I'm guessing it's the 2.0/2.5 non turbo legacy..no?

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], smell and 3 guests