TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

armour all

Tuning advice, problems and troubleshooting

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Cardo-MR
Sweet on this forum

Postby Cardo-MR » June 5th, 2008, 1:47 pm

USE AH OLD SPONGE & mOTHERS TIRE SHINE...BESSSSS TNG MOTHERS!
sILICONE DOES LEAVE TO MUCH THING ON THE CAR BODY WHEN U DRIVE PLUS IT DOES ATTRACT DUST.

mazda machine
Street 2NR

Postby mazda machine » June 5th, 2008, 2:39 pm

well i guessin mother's tire shine for it as the ppl hav suggested

someone904
3NE 2NR for life

Postby someone904 » June 5th, 2008, 5:03 pm

in my experience with shining tyres,i have tried amour all,dem foam spray,black jack and i can say from trying all.....NONE WORK!!!! wat i use is actually the cheapest of them all......chubby bottle silicone.my technique for getting best results is like this -- make sure your tyres are dry!! i mean it, bone dry!! next take your sponge and apply an arcade token amount of silicone on it wipe the entire wall. then apply double to triple that and dot the tyre at 4 points (e.g top of tyre, bottom and left and right side).then take the sponge and wipe in one direction.dont wipe hard,just enought to spread it.(alya go let me kno :wink: )black jack is too thick.as for amour all on the dash....someone said it does cause your dash to crack,as far as i kno, that's the main reason for puting it there in the first place not to make it shine but to protect it from cracking. i dont use amour all it does not last and is real watery.i use turtlewax f21(green bottle) it is twice as thick and last much longer,its a bit greasier but i havent complained yet.also use it on my black trim on the outside of the car

Cardo-MR
Sweet on this forum

Postby Cardo-MR » June 5th, 2008, 9:46 pm

^^^ I eh no what kinda tyres u use buh that "chubby bottle silicone does leave residue on the car when the tyres geh hot.
I does use mothers & my tyres does stay black for a week unless i drive in som real dusty dirt road.
Chinese proverb:"cheap thing no good & good thing not cheap"! :wink:

THE SYNDICATE
punchin NOS

Postby THE SYNDICATE » June 6th, 2008, 8:19 am

i use turtlewax f21(green bottle)

X2!

mazda machine
Street 2NR

Postby mazda machine » June 6th, 2008, 8:29 am

Chinese proverb:"cheap thing no good & good thing not cheap"!

tru dat eh.
u say the turtlewax f21 but u say its a bit greasy.dat hadda be attractin plenty dust.

someone904
3NE 2NR for life

Postby someone904 » June 6th, 2008, 5:14 pm

cheap thing no good & good thing not cheap???? let me tell ya.....when i first got the car, i went out to get cleaning products for my first wash,i tell d man "give me something to shine d tyres"he handed me a bottle of d chubby bottle silicone,i said "what's this, nah, this looking too cheap,give me something better"so he handed me black jack.took it home tried it, tyre just looked black, nothing special.when that was done i "moved up" to tyre spray( cah remember brand)d tyre looked ok but ah hour after it was dull (mind u, d car aint move eah)after that tried d amour all and even f21 on d tyres...well that was a waste..one day i was waking by a car wash,4 cars finished washed and parked up and all tyres blinging in d sun,just how i wanted mines too look.so i walked up to d washer and asked him "wat u putting on dem tyres" he pull out ah greasy half filled chubby bottle silicone.i could not believe it.so i got one, perfected my technique and have never changed from that ever since. 1 bottle last me like 2 months,somethimes more,tyres stay clean for over a week,real minor dirt,dust collection mainly where the treads are(car driven on d grande stretch 5 to 6 times a week with all dem big trucks,body gets dirty tyres remain reasonable)a time i had no silicone,every 2 days i was with a cloth and water to wipe the tyres,they where really nasty looking,as for silicone flying off the tyres and on to the car body.....never experienced it and on ocassion the car is washed just to go out, with fresh silicone on the tyres. as for f21 with dust...its been like over a year now and i have never onced noticed dust on my dash board to say "wayyyy,my dash board real dusty,this thing like it attracting dust"if u understand what i'm saying.it's a non issue in my case

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » June 6th, 2008, 11:49 pm

black jack aerosol spray.........

talk done!!!

i use it on meh rim, tyre, grill & under de fenders

Hook
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Hook » June 7th, 2008, 5:17 am

Armor All Tire Foam

I doh want shiny tyres, just black and clean looking...so when I pass thru a lil dirt, all I need is a wet cloth
new tyres are never shiny, just clean...there's the "Extreme Tire Shine" one but it just doh interest me..I just keep 'em clean

never had a problem with dust or cracking dash with the Armor All protectant either..and my rides does be in the sun all day when I at the office

turbohead
18 pounds of Boost

Postby turbohead » June 7th, 2008, 3:10 pm

saw that yesterday was tempted 2 buy^^^^

mazda machine
Street 2NR

Postby mazda machine » June 9th, 2008, 3:11 pm

so where u buy this chubby bottle silicone?

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Re: armour all

Postby nervewrecker » April 22nd, 2012, 7:01 pm

so whats the best thing to use? I prefer a spray btw.

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » April 22nd, 2012, 8:30 pm

I've used the silicon and sponge method but since I first discovered the aerosol sprays years ago I haven't looked back. Ease of application, cleanliness and laziness were all deciding factors that made me not worry about the cost.

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » April 22nd, 2012, 9:42 pm

Some of the aerosol sprays are silicone based. But I also prefer the aerosol sprays due to ease of use. PriceSmart used to sell a good one, but I don't see it any more. Usually I go for the Amorall tyre foam. That leaves a nice black finish.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » April 22nd, 2012, 10:23 pm

im looking for one of the silicone based spray's, its to keep my rims clean too. (black rims)

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » April 22nd, 2012, 11:12 pm

I've used Turtle Wax, Gunk and Amor-All. Using a tin of Armor-All right now.

The Gunk seems alchohol based. I like that one. I think the Turtle Wax is foam based like the Armor All right?

Personally I have used all and will buy whichever one is available at the time
Last edited by Morpheus on May 6th, 2012, 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

BrotherHood
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Bringing HID & LED to a location near you! 355-3165. 704-5442 (WhatsApp).

Postby BrotherHood » April 23rd, 2012, 12:24 am

I have heard that the silicone in the bottle decreases the life of the tyre. There was a thread about such somewhere on tuner. Can't remember which forum.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » May 5th, 2012, 7:45 pm

so what to use?

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » May 6th, 2012, 12:09 am

nervewrecker wrote:so what to use?

^^ALL do the job. Some seem alcohol based and some are foam.

Never used this but wouldn't doubt it does just as good a job. Seen it selling all over

NR8
Riding on 18's

Re:

Postby NR8 » May 6th, 2012, 10:03 am

ronsin1 wrote:don't use either

I use tyre shine from inter chem just spray on tyre and thats all in 5 mins time tyre looking new :mrgreen: don't even have to scrub the tyre

*note to self all finished need to get some more*

where do you get this?

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » May 6th, 2012, 11:18 am

Morpheus wrote:
nervewrecker wrote:so what to use?

^^ALL do the job. Some seem alcohol based and some are foam.

whats the average prices of them thing so?

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » May 6th, 2012, 7:59 pm

Prices went up to about $45 avg. Lasts for a good few sprays though. Never checked per say. But I'm conservatively guessing 20 washes.

Anyway, I'm sure like me, once you start to use them there's no turning back!LoL

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » May 6th, 2012, 8:06 pm

hmmm....same as the black jack then.

that silicone in the chubby bottle, is there a way to dilute it? I will use that on my rim and something else on my tyre.

evolution91
Sweet on this forum

Postby evolution91 » May 7th, 2012, 2:41 am

the best ting to shine ur dash is ah wet chamos, den ah lil touch ah turtlewax uv protectant spray, and dat gud dey , use d turtle wax lik twice fuh d month not everytime u wash yuh car, and then armor all, if yuh payin 40 to spray dat on yuh tire, yuh wasting money lol buy d stp or some other cheap one and scotch brite is ah $2 wash it off everytime you use it and yuh good to go, dem old sponge does leave dust...

evolution91
Sweet on this forum

Re:

Postby evolution91 » May 7th, 2012, 2:45 am

someone904 wrote:cheap thing no good & good thing not cheap???? let me tell ya.....when i first got the car, i went out to get cleaning products for my first wash,i tell d man "give me something to shine d tyres"he handed me a bottle of d chubby bottle silicone,i said "what's this, nah, this looking too cheap,give me something better"so he handed me black jack.took it home tried it, tyre just looked black, nothing special.when that was done i "moved up" to tyre spray( cah remember brand)d tyre looked ok but ah hour after it was dull (mind u, d car aint move eah)after that tried d amour all and even f21 on d tyres...well that was a waste..one day i was waking by a car wash,4 cars finished washed and parked up and all tyres blinging in d sun,just how i wanted mines too look.so i walked up to d washer and asked him "wat u putting on dem tyres" he pull out ah greasy half filled chubby bottle silicone.i could not believe it.so i got one, perfected my technique and have never changed from that ever since. 1 bottle last me like 2 months,somethimes more,tyres stay clean for over a week,real minor dirt,dust collection mainly where the treads are(car driven on d grande stretch 5 to 6 times a week with all dem big trucks,body gets dirty tyres remain reasonable)a time i had no silicone,every 2 days i was with a cloth and water to wipe the tyres,they where really nasty looking,as for silicone flying off the tyres and on to the car body.....never experienced it and on ocassion the car is washed just to go out, with fresh silicone on the tyres. as for f21 with dust...its been like over a year now and i have never onced noticed dust on my dash board to say "wayyyy,my dash board real dusty,this thing like it attracting dust"if u understand what i'm saying.it's a non issue in my case

note that f21 is not for tire use and works well with just your dashboard once applied in correct amts

Advertisement

Return to “AUTOMOTIVE TECH”