Forums

Minister of Sport: No land for motorsport without unity

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

W2J
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Re: Minister of Sport: No land for motorsport without unity

Postby W2J » May 15th, 2012, 9:31 am

I'm FED UP!!!! wasted years and countless dollars with Autosport and TTASA promises and bull crap time for change.

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » May 15th, 2012, 10:03 am

W2J wrote:I'm FED UP!!!! wasted years and countless dollars with Autosport and TTASA promises and bull crap time for change.

Hope you are you referring to MOTORSPORT promises.

crazybalhead
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby crazybalhead » May 15th, 2012, 10:08 am

sMASH wrote:c'mon ttasa, take one for the team.......

relinquish your death grip on NGB status and bestow it on the MSGC

i now watch anil on the cnc interview. is like he knows what goin on, but just playing along verbally, according to the official words of the NGB holder. practically challenging ttasa as to the legitimacy of the numerical value of the non-affiliate motor sport bodies.

to paraphrase:
'if is juss one, one, yuh cyar get one? one alone not affiliated? onnnnneeeee'

just like how countries formulate proposals and vie for the opportunity of hosting olympics, if only mahabir and cadiz could come together with the rest of their peeps and make a faction. they could make a proposal and a presentation of the of the comparative sides. probably woo some of the ttasa support group over.
i sure that some of them affiliated to ttasa just because of the NGB status, and hoping for good treatment in the future. if they see a viable contender they may actually jump ship.

when both sides are sized up on numbers, track record(no pun intended), capability, potential, vision, then we could see who holding back what progress.

btw, what is the basis for bestowing NGB status, nostalgia and convenient nomenclature?

we do not make the land, we make the country. country is just a set of rules, that we make up. and if we make the rules, we can change the rules.
it may not be that easy, but it should be that simple.

Anil knows exactly what's going on.

professor
Trinituner Peong

Postby professor » May 15th, 2012, 10:41 am

AutoSport wrote:
professor wrote:Is the Minister's continued use of the word 'Autosport' instead of 'Motorsport' a subliminal slip ?
Could this be a sign where his heart lies ?

Nothing subliminal here Professor.
Just the brilliance of selecting a proper name 17 years ago!

AutoSport wrote:
W2J wrote:I'm FED UP!!!! wasted years and countless dollars with Autosport and TTASA promises and bull crap time for change.

Autosport, what you crying for, 'Just the brilliance of selecting a proper name 17 years ago!

Could be a subliminal slip!!

On another note; the NGB has to be affilated to the international body (FIA), I am sure TTASA would give it up to the MSC or whatever the group is called for a couple million. Make them an offer they can't refuse.

crazybalhead
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby crazybalhead » May 15th, 2012, 10:42 am

Couple MILLION??? O_O

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » May 15th, 2012, 11:17 am

professor wrote:
AutoSport wrote:
professor wrote:Is the Minister's continued use of the word 'Autosport' instead of 'Motorsport' a subliminal slip ?

AutoSport wrote:

Autosport, what you crying for, 'Just the brilliance of selecting a proper name 17 years ago!

On another note; the NGB has to be affilated to the international body (FIA), I am sure TTASA would give it up to the MSC or whatever the group is called for a couple million. Make them an offer they can't refuse.

Sounds like an incredibly corrupt organisation if you're suggesting that.

professor
Trinituner Peong

Postby professor » May 15th, 2012, 12:10 pm

pete wrote:
professor wrote:
AutoSport wrote:

AutoSport wrote:

Why do you say that, as a business man you should know about Goodwill etc, why Trini want everything free, they can use the money to assist the same Motor Racers who hate them.
Do you think if another person or group wants to take over Solodex or D& W, the current people who run these affairs would give it up for free?

MANIAC
Riding on 16's

Postby MANIAC » May 15th, 2012, 12:19 pm

Maybe this question have been asked in the past but for the benefit of this thread .. What have we gained so far by being affiliated with FIA ?? .. or what do we stand to gain by being affiliated ?? or when would we see the rewards of being affiliated with FIA ??

crazybalhead
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby crazybalhead » May 15th, 2012, 12:23 pm

professor wrote:
pete wrote:
professor wrote:
AutoSport wrote:

AutoSport wrote:

Why do you say that, as a business man you should know about Goodwill etc, why Trini want everything free, they can use the money to assist the same Motor Racers who hate them.
Do you think if another person or group wants to take over Solodex or D& W, the current people who run these affairs would give it up for free?

CARSTT is a NON PROFIT club professor. Please keep that in mind. And with the election of a new executive every year, we do exactly as you describe, except that no money goes into anyone's pocket. In fact, a lot of us SPEND money to get things done.

X2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X2 » May 15th, 2012, 12:24 pm

Duane, you telling a man that he is typing for typing's sake and all his questions have been answered before to others ? Well it must be news to us that EVERYTHING being discussed here has been discussed before and we should all STFU and free up bandwidth.

If the ministry of sport only wants to deal with a large, organized group then it is crystal clear that they should stop dealing with TTASA.

UML... no one ever said the government NOR private sector should fund the initiative alone... it would be stupid to assume that would ever happen in any form of sport. Where will the larger portion of the funding to come from ? I would say government due to the cost of land... but nothing is set in stone.

TTASA is essentially trying to play the role of project manager... but the issue is WHO in the world would want a project manager to run their project when they have no idea how to run one ? That would be bad business (and we all know how the government is good at running a business.

Link.. you want to pelt stone ? Why don't you go further into explaining the mystery...nay, the enigma that is TTRC... or do you not want the cat to walk out the bag ?

FIA affiliate eh... does the public need to know that affiliation is not the determining factor in being the NSO/NGB... other clubs can become affiliates.... Maybe someone serious about getting this off the ground should become a new FIA affiliate and petition for NSO status.

X2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X2 » May 15th, 2012, 12:31 pm

btw... professor... ditto on crazybaldhead's comment (a man who isn't crazy or bald).

FIA is also non profit. TTASA should also be as such... if NSA/NSO/NGB/ whatever/ status be relinquished, not one red cent should be paid.

professor
Trinituner Peong

Postby professor » May 15th, 2012, 12:34 pm

MANIAC wrote:Maybe this question have been asked in the past but for the benefit of this thread .. What have we gained so far by being affiliated with FIA ?? .. or what do we stand to gain by being affiliated ?? or when would we see the rewards of being affiliated with FIA ??

Go on the FIA site and find out, ask some of the 'International' Rally, Circuit, Go Kart drivers, ask Barbados, Jamaica etc.

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » May 15th, 2012, 12:35 pm

crazybalhead wrote:
professor wrote:Why do you say that, as a business man you should know about Goodwill etc, why Trini want everything free, they can use the money to assist the same Motor Racers who hate them.

CARSTT is a NON PROFIT club professor. Please keep that in mind. And with the election of a new executive every year, we do exactly as you describe, except that no money goes into anyone's pocket. In fact, a lot of us SPEND money to get things done.

You have to excuse him. He probably cannot comprehend that a motorsport club would allow for anyone who cares about the sport to simply just join and be elected in a democratic way by all the members of the club. Maybe the only way he's accustomed to is for them to be paid off to step down?

professor
Trinituner Peong

Postby professor » May 15th, 2012, 12:43 pm

crazybalhead wrote:CARSTT is a NON PROFIT club professor. Please keep that in mind. And with the election of a new executive every year, we do exactly as you describe, except that no money goes into anyone's pocket. In fact, a lot of us SPEND money to get things done.

I know a lot of people who spend their own money to get things done in TTASA. Even people in a cake sale spend their own money.
I don't know of money going in to anyones pocket in TTASA, if you know, I am sure TTASA auditors would like to know, maybe that's why they asked some former members to meet with them, they refused. So you could be right. As IA would say; It's Alleged.
TTASA have elections also, as per their constitution.

MANIAC
Riding on 16's

Postby MANIAC » May 15th, 2012, 12:48 pm

professor wrote:
MANIAC wrote:Maybe this question have been asked in the past but for the benefit of this thread .. What have we gained so far by being affiliated with FIA ?? .. or what do we stand to gain by being affiliated ?? or when would we see the rewards of being affiliated with FIA ??

Go on the FIA site and find out, ask some of the 'International' Rally, Circuit, Go Kart drivers, ask Barbados, Jamaica etc.

Ok will do, but, basically you are saying only Sheldon Bissessar, Ryan Garcia, John Powell and maybe Daniel Ramoutarsingh to name a few who competing Internationally are benefitting from FIA .. What about the many racers who dont compete internationally and may never compete internationally ?? .. I should probably rephrase the question .. What is FIA doing for Trinidad locally ?? Would we lose alot if we are not affiliated seeing that we dont even have a proper NHRA Certified Drag Racing Track ...

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » May 15th, 2012, 1:07 pm

professor wrote:
crazybalhead wrote:CARSTT is a NON PROFIT club professor. Please keep that in mind. And with the election of a new executive every year, we do exactly as you describe, except that no money goes into anyone's pocket. In fact, a lot of us SPEND money to get things done.

I know a lot of people who spend their own money to get things done in TTASA. Even people in a cake sale spend their own money.
I don't know of money going in to anyones pocket in TTASA, if you know, I am sure TTASA auditors would like to know, maybe that's why they asked some former members to meet with them, they refused. So you could be right. As IA would say; It's Alleged.

Auditors? According to their website they don't even have a Treasurer. (or you missed the many people asking who the treasurer was in this thread?)

I would assume that annually TTASA has an AGM where audited accounts are given out to the members. I'll try to attend a monthly meeting to apply to become a member and hopefully I would qualify for membership to see for myself what really goes on at TTASA to get another perspective.

dragaholic
Riding on 18's

Postby dragaholic » May 15th, 2012, 1:35 pm

professor wrote:

LMFAO WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ you can't be serious.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » May 15th, 2012, 3:42 pm

X2 wrote:Duane, you telling a man that he is typing for typing's sake and all his questions have been answered before to others ? Well it must be news to us that EVERYTHING being discussed here has been discussed before and we should all STFU and free up bandwidth.
not at all! I encourage everyone to post their opinion here

but more than a few times gt4tified asked a question when the answer was posted a few posts up. Like the last post he made in here asking where is Autosport when I posted the acronyms a few posts before showing ARA is Autosport Racing Association.

I thought I was posting in vain!

crazybalhead
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby crazybalhead » May 15th, 2012, 4:14 pm

professor wrote:

That's nice, but you said that TTASA may be willing to step down for a couple million, and that the people who run solodex would not give up the ability to host for free, this was in reference to that, changes are made to the people every year, without a "couple million" or any money changing hands. I never said TTASA was putting money in their own pockets.

crazybalhead
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby crazybalhead » May 15th, 2012, 4:17 pm

pete wrote:
professor wrote:

Auditors? According to their website they don't even have a Treasurer. (or you missed the many people asking who the treasurer was in this thread?)

I would assume that annually TTASA has an AGM where audited accounts are given out to the members. I'll try to attend a monthly meeting to apply to become a member and hopefully I would qualify for membership to see for myself what really goes on at TTASA to get another perspective.

As is done at CARSTT.

frustr8ed
Street 2NR

Postby frustr8ed » May 15th, 2012, 4:25 pm

professor wrote: I am sure TTASA auditors would like to know
Who are TTASA's auditors?

Link has been ignoring my question. Professor can you please tell us who is the treasurer of TTASA?

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » May 15th, 2012, 5:07 pm

Didn't TTASA "work" really hard and caused ALL of Motor Sport to lose Wallerfield?

What did TTASA ever do with that $500,000 they received from the gov't when they were evicted from Wallerfield?

And you are saying pay TTASA $3 million dollars for goodwill now?

Goodwill is paid when you have developed something good, and improve its value.

Everyone (except the few TTASA apologists like yourself) thinks TTASA is the one who should be paying for the mess that we are in now. But TTASA can and will never see that.

And as long as the three stooges are in charge, goodwill be worth Zero from the wider motor racing community.
Zero from sponsors .
And a bigger zero from the MSYA.

Why did the TTASA treasurer Roddy Lalman resign in 2011 and why did the Competitions Chairman also leave?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » May 15th, 2012, 7:42 pm

ttasa not having a treasurer is in line with them saying that they don't have money. but, good management would make this a lucrative venture.

who holds the elections for ttasa, Admiral General Aladeen?

and why would duane want bandwidth freed up from tHIS site???? you all just keep on postin'

Computerman
Riding on 18's

Postby Computerman » May 15th, 2012, 8:28 pm

professor wrote:TTASA have elections also, as per their constitution.
Good to know you are familiar with TTASA's constitution. BTW, what is the role of the Trustees in the TTASA constitution?

BTW, the NSO/NGB for Motorsport does not have to be ASN. TTASA is just using that as one of their 'selling points' to the poor souls who don't know better.

X2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X2 » May 15th, 2012, 8:30 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
X2 wrote:Duane, you telling a man that he is typing for typing's sake and all his questions have been answered before to others ? Well it must be news to us that EVERYTHING being discussed here has been discussed before and we should all STFU and free up bandwidth.
not at all! I encourage everyone to post their opinion here

but more than a few times gt4tified asked a question when the answer was posted a few posts up. Like the last post he made in here asking where is Autosport when I posted the acronyms a few posts before showing ARA is Autosport Racing Association.

I thought I was posting in vain!

You just might be...i dont read before posting either....

Rooki3
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rooki3 » May 15th, 2012, 9:03 pm

lo @ "swin, cycle, cricket, football"

professor
Trinituner Peong

Postby professor » May 15th, 2012, 9:18 pm

Maybe we should not pay the MP's and the rest until we get unity in the Goverment, eh Anil?

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » May 15th, 2012, 9:24 pm

professor wrote:Maybe we should not pay the MP's and the rest until we get unity in the Goverment, eh Anil?

you were going good yunno, but now you moving like the green elf.
folks directed questions to you, and that's the response. really??

MANIAC
Riding on 16's

Postby MANIAC » May 16th, 2012, 12:04 am

^ My sentiments exactly .... :?

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » May 16th, 2012, 6:15 am

Computerman wrote:
professor wrote:TTASA have elections also, as per their constitution.
Good to know you are familiar with TTASA's constitution. BTW, what is the role of the Trustees in the TTASA constitution?

BTW, the NSO/NGB for Motorsport does not have to be ASN. TTASA is just using that as one of their 'selling points' to the poor souls who don't know better.

I'm suprised yuh pardners who standing on d side bleating, have not corrected your statement, ESPECIALLY SINCE THEY WERE ALL PRESENT AT THE MEETING (LAST YEAR) WHEN MSYA LEGAL COUNSEL STATED OTHERWISE.
No, I will not post what was said since YOU ARE THE ONE 'SELLIN' SOMETHING...I will let 'yuh pardners' supply that info.
& please don't beat up on professor......ask him to explain his points in a simpler manner...
rgds

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”