TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Do you support Gay Marriage in Trinidad & Tobago?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Yes
27%
No
73%

Total votes: 302

Humes
Shifting into 6th

Re: Do you support Gay Marriage in Trinidad & Tobago?

Postby Humes » May 16th, 2012, 8:09 pm

whyteliver wrote:as of 2012 isnt 95% of all marriages tied to religion????
or yuh jus nit picking to avoid answering?

But 95% of marriages aren't tied to religion. Definitely not in the States between straight couples.

If marriage was "purely" religious, there wouldn't be any nits to pick. Marriage began as a social, irreligious institution, and was later adopted as a sacred institution by major religions. However, there's always been legally-recognised, non-religious marriage.

Those are the facts. They answer the question by debunking the lie it's based upon. If you can't accept the facts, is a hard luck. If you don't understand such a simple explanation, I feel kinda sorry for you.

Humes
Shifting into 6th

Postby Humes » May 16th, 2012, 8:12 pm

shogun wrote:^Even though i agree with marriage rights for the gay and lesbian community. i think it's also the right of the photographer to pick and choose what jobs she accepts.

I agree.

Sky
punchin NOS

Postby Sky » May 16th, 2012, 8:15 pm

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » May 16th, 2012, 8:16 pm

rollingstock wrote:
adriano7910 wrote:you my friends (stephon and darran) seem to be trying very hard to either

1.hide the fact that alyuh is battymen by defending alyuh friends and belief in freedom
or
2. trying to give validation to alyuh already established battyman titles

If that is what you garner from all that they posted, check yuh voltage, bulb eh lighting up bright enough.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:pwned:

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » May 16th, 2012, 8:46 pm

Sky wrote:A pastor marrying a interracial (sic) couple and a pastor marrying a gay couple are different. Those groups just happen to have the same enemies more or less.

I dont see it being different because currently the gay lobby in T&T wants sexual orientation in included the Equal Opportunity Act which protects people from discrimination on the basis of sex, race, geographic origin, religion marital status and disability.

whyteliver
Riding on 16's

Postby whyteliver » May 16th, 2012, 8:57 pm

S_2NR wrote:
whyteliver wrote:@ s_2nr.... no i did not do a survey...did you. You said non- religious marriage exist which i am hopping u know is in the minority,
soooo as you put it fcuk the majority ent. (sorry i refuse to roll my eyes..am a grown ass man..so.. 8-) )

where u get that from, i never said/implied that :?

why cant everyone just co-exist? how is the legalization of gay marriage going to affect u personally (no religious or homophobic crap please)?

you have your piont of view on gay mariage which i respect (i really do) but since i had my son i look at things i expose him to differently although i cant protect him from everything ( he''ll hav to grow up and deal wit it) but as a parent i have to do as much as i could.To me gay mariage is wrong and if i cant teach my son what i believe then in my opinion i dont have the right to teach him anything.

adriano7910
Riding on 17's

Postby adriano7910 » May 16th, 2012, 8:58 pm

S_2NR wrote:
rollingstock wrote:
adriano7910 wrote:you my friends (stephon and darran) seem to be trying very hard to either

1.hide the fact that alyuh is battymen by defending alyuh friends and belief in freedom
or

If that is what you garner from all that they posted, check yuh voltage, bulb eh lighting up bright enough.

you my friend are a blithering teenage idiot.

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » May 16th, 2012, 9:08 pm

whyteliver wrote:
S_2NR wrote:
whyteliver wrote:@ s_2nr.... no i did not do a survey...did you. You said non- religious marriage exist which i am hopping u know is in the minority,
soooo as you put it fcuk the majority ent. (sorry i refuse to roll my eyes..am a grown ass man..so.. 8-) )

why cant everyone just co-exist? how is the legalization of gay marriage going to affect u personally (no religious or homophobic crap please)?

you have your piont of view on gay mariage which i respect (i really do) but since i had my son i look at things i expose him to differently although i cant protect him from everything ( he''ll hav to grow up and deal wit it) but as a parent i have to do as much as i could.To me gay mariage is wrong and if i cant teach my son what i believe then in my opinion i dont have the right to teach him anything.

so i take it you dont plan on going to developed countries where gay marriage is legal (eg. canada) in an attempt to "protect" your son.

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » May 16th, 2012, 9:19 pm

adriano7910 wrote:
S_2NR wrote:
rollingstock wrote:

or

fyi i'm old enough to be your father, in fact i may be, remind me who your moms is again?

adriano7910
Riding on 17's

Postby adriano7910 » May 16th, 2012, 9:27 pm

rollingstock wrote:
adriano7910 wrote:
S_2NR wrote:
rollingstock wrote:

or

fyi i'm old enough to be your father, in fact i may be, remind me who your moms is again?

the last message was by S_2NR therein meaning my reply was intended for him. sigh.

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » May 16th, 2012, 9:29 pm

rollingstock wrote:
adriano7910 wrote:
S_2NR wrote:
rollingstock wrote:

or

wasn't the idiot directed to s 2nr... :?

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » May 16th, 2012, 9:34 pm

adriano7910 wrote:
rollingstock wrote:
adriano7910 wrote:
S_2NR wrote:
rollingstock wrote:If that is what you garner from all that they posted, check yuh voltage, bulb eh lighting up bright enough.

the last message was by S_2NR therein meaning my reply was intended for him. sigh.

Isn't everyone that is in support of gay marriage gay themselves?
Hence i hadda protect mih man.

btw s_2nr really a teenager? 1licklips yummyyyy

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » May 16th, 2012, 9:39 pm

^^^s_2NR

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » May 16th, 2012, 9:42 pm

Sorry to burst ur bubble RS but I'm not a teenager.. :lol:

Sky
punchin NOS

Postby Sky » May 16th, 2012, 9:43 pm

Habit7 wrote:
Sky wrote:A pastor marrying a interracial (sic) couple and a pastor marrying a gay couple are different. Those groups just happen to have the same enemies more or less.

I dont see it being different because currently the gay lobby in T&T wants sexual orientation in included the Equal Opportunity Act which protects people from discrimination on the basis of sex, race, geographic origin, religion marital status and disability.

Is there another equal opportunity act?
Can you choose your sex(easily)? But you can choose your geographical location
Can you choose your disability? But you can choose your religion.
They're all different. The only thing common there is the discrimination. :)
Adding sexual orientation won't make it the same.

Is an old tanty in her local B14 on her way to church different to a bandit in his B14 on his way to commit a crime? In every way, except the B14.

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » May 16th, 2012, 9:51 pm

But in all seriousness i really don't understand why all the hate over gays.

I said it many times, it's their choice.

Marriage is symbolic of a union of 2 persons and the love they share, if their love is true despite what the bible says or our own sense of morals why deny them that?

Now personally i don't understand gays, really can't understand pumping into another guy's ass, or taking it up the sheitter. But this is THEIR choice. If they rot in hell hard luck for them ain't no sweat off my back.

Now lesbians i can understand, a pu-c is a wonderful, mesmerizing, amazing thing and rubbing one on another, well that's just friggin awesome.

I have known many gay persons and the persona that everyone thinks of as they being flambouyant is wrong, yes there are those but many you wouldn't even imagine.

But i have learnt a long time now that persons are conceited and bigoted, and on an online forum where anonymity abounds they allow it to show and are unafraid to voice they stance. This always reminds me of some co-workers. See i look injun, but i'm mixed, grew up with family of both races, many times other indian co-workers will approach me in my office and tell me in confidence "ah like how yuh deal wid tha creole" when my decision wasn't based on that, or 'dem nigg@s feel they run thing here, glad it finally have an indian in charge yes'. And these same people laugh and talk with the same persons as if everything is ok.

And this is typical of the whole of T&T, bunch of blasted bigoted, racial idiots that fail to use their common sense or allow the veil to be lifted from over their eyes.

btw a chi chi man saved my life 3 years ago so all gay haterz fucky'all

pyung99
Trinituner Peong

Postby pyung99 » May 16th, 2012, 9:55 pm

it should be weighed for pros and cons to society, jes like im sure hetero marriage (its legality) evolved.

what are d pros of gay marriage, and d cons of gay marriage. d "more feminine" of d couple would like to has a fair share of estate orwa. they cyar jes ups and wah we approval. make yuh case.

so soon we cud marrid we car too?

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » May 16th, 2012, 9:55 pm

S_2NR wrote:Sorry to burst ur bubble RS but I'm not a teenager.. :lol:

So adriano lied then?

Phoqer and i was kidding about the mammy thing before but now it's serious :x

7910 yuh mammy :|

adriano7910
Riding on 17's

Postby adriano7910 » May 16th, 2012, 10:15 pm

rollingstock wrote:
S_2NR wrote:Sorry to burst ur bubble RS but I'm not a teenager.. :lol:

So adriano lied then?

Phoqer and i was kidding about the mammy thing before but now it's serious :x

7910 yuh mammy :|

my mother is quite ill atm so i'd appreciate if her name not be slandered

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » May 16th, 2012, 10:20 pm

^ If you're forkin wid my head i'll burst your tyres, if serious hope she recovers fully soon.

*edit: btw what slander? steups*

guest1
3NE 2NR for life

Postby guest1 » May 17th, 2012, 1:32 am

Last edited by guest1 on December 7th, 2013, 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

whyteliver
Riding on 16's

Postby whyteliver » May 17th, 2012, 1:47 am

S_2NR wrote:
whyteliver wrote:
S_2NR wrote:

so i take it you dont plan on going to developed countries where gay marriage is legal (eg. canada) in an attempt to "protect" your son.

oh canada says its cool :shock: ....well we good to go then.

Stephon.
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Stephon. » May 17th, 2012, 3:12 am

Sky wrote:
Stephon. wrote:your kids won't turn gay (if they do they they were little unicorns all along)

There's still no evidence of this. A pop star saying so doesn't qualify.

Who said that just because Gaga sang about it that I believed it, I always knew that theory and believed it for a very long time.

Red Fraction wrote:
Stephon. wrote:Do any of you realize that if this law passes, the only thing that is going to happenis gays will be getting married? No war is going to happen, your kids won't turn gay (if they do they they were little unicorns all along) and your "god" won't come to Trinidad to kill you.

I beg to differ if that law passes soon after you will see then come knocking again for more rights.

Then they will say "but look they pass this why they can't pass that too"
So a man thinketh in his heart so is he.

Other rights like what?

S_2NR wrote:
pranah wrote:I also have a question- so religion must be left out right, why is it gays are fighting down marriage which is a purely religious thing

i stopped reading here. marriage is not a "purely religious thing"
ever heard of a civil marriage? :roll:

What is also funny is the fact that people are quick to talk about how marriage is a sacred religious thing, yet Kim Kardashian got married for a TV show, Tiger Woods was cheating left right and center, and Britney Spears got married and divorced in Vegas quicker than EDGE takes to load up a Google images page. DAT HYPOCRISY

mitsu_chick941
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby mitsu_chick941 » May 17th, 2012, 7:51 am

Sky wrote:Image

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » May 17th, 2012, 8:46 am

^^^DON'T INCLUDE RELIGION!!!

*Unless it is includes blasphemous effigies meant to insult and denigrate exclusively the Christian religion despite the fact that all major world religious in the least portray homosexuality as being morally wrong. Please include rank misrepresentations of Christian teachings while ignoring that in such vigorous advocacy for sexual orientation to be a human right, one tramples on the already established human right of freedom of religion.*

Sky
punchin NOS

Postby Sky » May 17th, 2012, 9:24 am

^^ While the OP requested no religion talk, it is a basis for personal choices.
Plus I ignored him when I realised he had a weak argument anyway.
Religion is still not a good reason to tell others what to do.
And how did I "trample the already established human right of freedom of religion"? I didn't say to stop being religious.
Do you want to trample my freedom of speech?
It's funny how you said nothing when I called Stephon a flaming homosexual though, because that's ok right?

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » May 17th, 2012, 9:28 am

whyteliver wrote:oh canada says its cool :shock: ....well we good to go then.

what u mean by that?..

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » May 17th, 2012, 9:44 am

Sky wrote:It's funny how you said nothing when I called Stephon a flaming homosexual though, because that's ok right?

Unless you have personal experience, he said it is not true.

But for the state to legalise homosexual marriage, religious institutions must honour it, if not in performing the ceremony, recognising the legitimacy married gay person when it is the requirement for an office in their institution, the use of their facilities for a ceremony and other decisions that will cause the new rights of homosexuals to clash with a establish rights of the religious.

davymaraj
Street 2NR

Postby davymaraj » May 17th, 2012, 9:52 am

man this will open up a new profession called a battycologist

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » May 17th, 2012, 9:57 am

Habit7 wrote:
Sky wrote:It's funny how you said nothing when I called Stephon a flaming homosexual though, because that's ok right?

Unless you have personal experience, he said it is not true.

But for the state to legalise homosexual marriage, religious institutions must honour it, if not in performing the ceremony, recognising the legitimacy married gay person when it is the requirement for an office in their institution, the use of their facilities for a ceremony and other decisions that will cause the new rights of homosexuals to clash with a establish rights of the religious.

wait, what? gays just want to get married and get the benefits that married couples get, they don't care or want a big church wedding with a priest and stuff... a town hall wedding is fine by them...

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”