Forums

2010 KIA Cerato Servicing Issue

Sportage, Sorento, Soul, Rio, Cerato, Optima

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Captainzaak
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Re: 2010 KIA Cerato Servicing Issue

Postby Captainzaak » January 8th, 2012, 8:36 pm

kriticalkase wrote:Guys, vehicle is approaching 1 year soon. Has anyone every replaced the stock battery the car came with. Just want a idea as to how long these original battery last.

Zaak, what size tire you will be looking for?

205, 55, 16 (Basic Cerato)

Never had to replace the battery, Mine running on stock 2 1/2 yrs+. You changing yours?

kriticalkase
Sweet on this forum

Postby kriticalkase » January 9th, 2012, 6:56 pm

wow, good service from the battery thus far.

Not changing mine. I just wanted to have an idea of average lifespan.

thanks again for the info.

Dominique
Riding on 13's

Postby Dominique » February 17th, 2012, 12:01 pm

Gentlemen
I have a problem. My 2010 Kia Cerato simply refuses to start. Any ideas why?

DSM_05
Riding on 16's

Postby DSM_05 » February 17th, 2012, 3:14 pm

^^Dead battery?

sweeks
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby sweeks » February 20th, 2012, 3:55 am

Dominique any luck/updates?

nissanboi
Ricer

Postby nissanboi » March 5th, 2012, 5:04 pm

Hi guys, I am interested in the 2012 cerato, never owned a kia before so, i dunno much about it. was wondering what are the general idea of it? I am sure every owner would say its the best car but i want some honest responses, what type of problems are there usually etc? thanks in advance for any info

kriticalkase
Sweet on this forum

Postby kriticalkase » March 5th, 2012, 9:21 pm

hey nissanboi,
BUY IT!!
Just like you, I never owned a kia before and was very sceptical. The car looks attractive & the wivey liked it. I spoke to a couple guys here on the forum and never regret buying one. The car is over q yr old doing approx 25000kms and no issues thus far. Service from the dealer is good, an original oil filter is approx $45 & air filter is approx $100. That is not bad compared to $250.00 for an oil filter at DM. The car perform well for a 1.6 with a 6 speed tranny. Be aware however that the cerato has a sport tuned suspension & this gives a stiff ride with the factory tyres (215/45/17).

Prior to the cerato, I had a mazda 3 (new from the firm) and though the mazda gave a more smooth ride, the cerato perfroms alot better including better fuel economy.

If I had a chance to do it all over again, i will take the cerato again.
If you are from North, ask fro luke @ kia. He is one of the most knowledgeable sales rep out there.

Kia has comea long long way in terms of designs, performance and realiability.

Just go and get it!

nickytoco
Riding on 13's

Postby nickytoco » May 21st, 2012, 5:44 pm

Guys, need to change brake pads on my cerato, but dealership says its 1000 for the front. Anyone have any idea where i could get the original at a cheaper price?

sweeks
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby sweeks » May 23rd, 2012, 5:50 am

You can source it out of the US.

Ask SS for a quote.

Pm for more details.

vin123
Sweet on this forum

Postby vin123 » October 2nd, 2012, 3:26 pm

sweeks wrote:Checked the cabin filter and it was really dirty (vehicle is 2 years old doing 41000km, factory maintained. I guess they never checked the cabin filters... Cause wifey's PCM Sportage cabin filter needs changing as well. Her car is also factory maintained.

Got it for $100 ($600+ per filter in SS). The Cerato and Sportage uses the same filter.

sweeks where did you get the filter to buy if you don't mind me asking ?

Captainzaak wrote:
sweeks wrote:Zaak did they change the tyres yet?

I'm getting to 42 000km.

I thought they were rotating the tyres but then when i realized they weren't it was to late to start.

I bought a new pair of Hankook year before for the front and have been rotating them with the original two in the back, but the back two needs changing soon.

Captainzaak wrote:To the Cerato drivers out there, please note that SS DO NOT rotate your tires, altho i have asked for them to do it every service and they said done, due to this, i have to change tires already, ughhh.

Captainzaak they rotated our tyres in the north service center but it didn't show up on the bill.

Captainzaak wrote:When i bought the Cerato they asked me (north) to come in at 1000K to check up, however i missed that service (forgot the date, they didn't call to remind) so i went in at 5000k and they changed oil etc.

4th service due in Nov, they said they changing pads this time, boy am i gonna be broke for Xmas :|

They also told us this same thing, kept changing the service mileage :(

nickytoco wrote:Guys, need to change brake pads on my cerato, but dealership says its 1000 for the front. Anyone have any idea where i could get the original at a cheaper price?

How long did the original disc pads last? I'm currently having a problem with this.

Advertisement

Return to “KIA”