TTASA Elections on the horizon and things seem quiet

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

FugiTECH
punchin NOS

Re: TTASA Elections on the horizon and things seem quiet

Postby FugiTECH » June 22nd, 2012, 9:56 pm

Computerman wrote:
THE_FUGITIVES wrote:Why Cant They Realize that its over , especially that statement that if you dont Jump on their ship , you will lose out , Sooner Or Later if they do make the wrong choice and these points are advertised to the ones that dont know , the support and participation to their events will drop drastically if not completely.
It's not over, far from it! "The wrong choice" was made many times in the past and ppl were aware of it. The 'support' they have will not drop anytime soon. There are still many, many ppl with the attitude 'me eh care, once I have a place to race.'

No one ever gets up and make it clear to the public whats happening with ads or flyers to show whats going on , so they will think all is fine, theres so much of ways to expose it now , simple as facebook, other ways are like what took place on News , Handouts at events , come one I bet I could Start something on facebook that will spread all about , I actually did a flyer a few weeks ago and got many likes which meant people read and understand it but removed it. Banzai saw it , quite simple but the message was clear.

there was a thread wah day with the signature thing too

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » June 23rd, 2012, 8:51 am

CABINET RESHUFFLE = AWKWARD MOMENT FOR TTASA

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » June 23rd, 2012, 8:59 am

nope

people have changed
ministers have changed
political parties have changed

ttasa remains the same

Computerman
Riding on 18's

Postby Computerman » June 23rd, 2012, 1:15 pm

SR wrote:nope

people have changed
ministers have changed
political parties have changed

ttasa remains the same

Precisely! Status quo ppl, status quo.

THE_FUGITIVES wrote:there was a thread wah day with the signature thing too
Are you unable to view my sig? :lol:

rcadiz
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby rcadiz » June 23rd, 2012, 2:25 pm

Something we all to need to ask ourselves.

If motorsport is still not better than it was 2yrs ago, 4yrs ago, 6yrs ago etc etc, then does this not scream for a complete overhaul of the existing structure. We have seen other organizations achieve some measure of success through the combination of good people, common goals, and drive. Nicky Grist (Colin McRae co-driver) raced here in 2010, and said that we had the opportunity to do whatever we wanted with Rallying locally, the stages are perfect, he says, just decide how big you want to make this. Yet little can be developed any further and Motorsport as a whole still does not have many tools that it needs to become a thriving industry:
- Duty Free concessions on racing parts and safety gear
- Importing of older than 6-yr old cars for racing purposes
- Importing of cars without duty and special purpose licensing
- A facility...duh
- A proper structure and system for juniors - not just a bunch of older heads with the money to race
- An active roll in the rest of Caribbean motorsport
- Public liability insurance long term deals
- A Motorsport Awards program which doesn't try to choose which discipline is better
- A Hall of Fame
I could go on.....

The MSYA has plainly stated that unless there is real unity, they are happy to devote the resources to another sport. Can you really blame them? 'Unite and come back to us' they say. NOT join TTASA and come back to us. UNITE is the word that is used, NOT JOIN (with no voting rights)

Instead the admission price of the next drag meet seems to be the biggest priority.

People the first step is REFORM, then we can strategize as 1 body, delegate responsibility and move forward, knowing that each discipline grows together. The success that Rally enjoys today should be the basic level that all disciplines operate at.

Can we really afford another 2-year term of TTASA vs the rest?

The people and structure need to reflect what is needed in Motorsport TODAY, not how it was 30 years ago which is fast becoming a distant memory. TTASA is the NGB, but of what? drags at Camden? in charge of affiliates that have no real say?

There is so much more to Motorsport than the price of admission at Camden.

illumin@ti
Trinituner Peong

Postby illumin@ti » June 23rd, 2012, 3:12 pm

tr1ad wrote:CABINET RESHUFFLE = AWKWARD MOMENT FOR TTASA

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: lulz

southside crew
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby southside crew » June 23rd, 2012, 4:51 pm

illumin@ti wrote:
tr1ad wrote:CABINET RESHUFFLE = AWKWARD MOMENT FOR TTASA

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: lulz

ROFL... :lol: Wonder who giving them land Now??

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » June 23rd, 2012, 8:03 pm

Mr. Cadiz, you can go on preaching from now til my Kingdom come, as long as the current individuals who appointed themselves sole interpreters of their Constitution, as they say, the status quo will not change.

As long as the so-called affiliates with no voting power are prepared to "enable" the nonsense that passes for a General Council, that status quo will not change.

But it will be very interesting to see how they will continue with the delivery of the promise by the former Minister of Tourism…”in ten days we will be making and announcement re lands in Valencia, and Mr. Minister of Sport, I have been in discussions with TTASA, blah, blah, blah”

Seems like the experts at moving the goal-posts just get a red-card.

But back to the main point, the pending elections, should really be fun to see how this unfolds.

FugiTECH
punchin NOS

Postby FugiTECH » June 26th, 2012, 11:29 am

Partner made these not me , just sharing

HondaHo de 1st
Chronic 2NR

Postby HondaHo de 1st » June 26th, 2012, 1:00 pm

THE_FUGITIVES wrote:Partner made these not me , just sharing

supported

olvoGTL
Ricer

Postby olvoGTL » June 27th, 2012, 2:17 pm

TTASA was once awarded Sporting body of the year when it was "successfully" headed by an astute gentleman: Mr Vishnu Mangalsingh. If we can get him to be president again, surely things will change for the better.

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » June 27th, 2012, 2:55 pm

NO
TTASA Policies need to change
doesnt make a difference who is in charge if the policies remain the same

White CZ4A
30 pounds of Boost

Postby White CZ4A » June 28th, 2012, 5:41 pm

this thread getting real quiet too.
Now we are informed. How does the general public get informed? Is there any merit in that?
What is the next step?

rcadiz
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby rcadiz » June 29th, 2012, 10:53 am

Some more information for those of you that have been following this. Hopefully it is informative.

The FIA is divided into 2 parts, on one hand you have Motosport - F1, WRC, etc, which is the world body for all things to do with competitive motorsport. The other side of FIA which is less known it seems to most Trinis is the Motoring / Mobility arm of the FIA. This side is equally as official in terms of rank and deals with everything to do with motoring with a large focus on Road Safety. They deal with everything from policies to deal with border patrols, road blocks, R.V regulations, etc. Their scope is very wide and deals with almost every aspect of road use.

TTASA is the Sporting Authority (i.e. ASN)
TTAA is the Motoring / Mobility Authority

Many of you may know that the President of the FIA is coming for a very short (1 night) in Trinidad in August, and will be attending the 100 year anniversary of the TTAA (yes i said 100 year anniversary). Now ask yourself what does Trinidad and Tobago have to show the President of the FIA.

TTAA - affiliated to Arrive Alive, involves many of the car manufacturers, has a dedicated number of persons with long service, and is actually doing what they are mandated to do.

TTASA - In charge of Drag Racing in Camden and........hmm struggling here....., not responsible for any of the competitive Rallying, Karting, or any other form of Motorsport in the Country, with the vast majority of the competitive groups actually choosing NOT to affiliate.

Is this right that after the so-called '40 years' of Motorsport that TTASA has little to show other than success in circuit and drag racing more than 2 decades ago. The most they can show is faded pictures of what was once considered a successful motorsport program. They can say that Trinis are doing well in foreign lands but i think the powers that be will know better than to believe that this has anything to do with present day TTASA.

Did i mention that the President/Chairman of the TTAA is Rawle Mahabir. At the risk of making a small joke. President of TTAA = slightly awkward moment for TTASA. Just think that all this time Rawle Mahabir has been an equal FIA affiliate in Trinidad and Tobago. Life does have its ironies, what can i say.

Yorkshirelass
CARS Member

TTASA Elections on the horizon and things seem quiet

Postby Yorkshirelass » June 29th, 2012, 9:25 pm

Ok so why then, are we not showing the president of FIA when he is here, how much much we are ALL in disagreement with TTASA. we need to get our voices heard. Where is all of this happening? We need to be present and protest what is going on. (or lack there of it!)

FugiTECH
punchin NOS

Postby FugiTECH » June 30th, 2012, 9:09 am

Is years Im seeing these Tuners balbbering about TTASA this and that never formed a lil meeting or small protest something to show them that we are concerned about their decisions , even if is Ten men outside an even with placards or something when an event is done shouting this and that because I am sure if i count the Users that Blab here , it will be around at least Ten lol , watch how noticed the highway re route protesters got.

Computerman
Riding on 18's

Postby Computerman » June 30th, 2012, 7:11 pm

THE_FUGITIVES wrote:Is years Im seeing these Tuners balbbering about TTASA this and that never formed a lil meeting or small protest something to show them that we are concerned about their decisions , even if is Ten men outside an even with placards or something when an event is done shouting this and that because I am sure if i count the Users that Blab here , it will be around at least Ten lol , watch how noticed the highway re route protesters got.
Over the years many meetings have taken place, some public, some private. In terms of protesting with placards, I am not in support of this activity. IMHO, this would have more negative results than positive. As far as the general population is concerned, they have more important things to worry about than "a bunch of 'privileged' racers" wanting a 'home' for motorsports. Education is they 'key' when engaging the general populous about motorsport.
I agree with Mrs. 'YSL', we need to get our voices heard during this visit.

janfar
punchin NOS

Postby janfar » July 2nd, 2012, 10:16 am

So who's going to the meeting? I would have love to be there.

Now we see how badly we are missing out. Bball just got 10mil for a simple competition from the gov. A few people causing all these problems... if only.

battoo
Riding on 13's

Postby battoo » July 3rd, 2012, 1:17 pm

this is why there will always be races in the streets!

crazybalhead
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby crazybalhead » July 3rd, 2012, 1:24 pm

battoo wrote:this is why there will always be races in the streets!

Why???

battoo
Riding on 13's

Postby battoo » July 4th, 2012, 7:15 am

TTASA Always Disorganise every event i went to thus far! :|

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » July 4th, 2012, 7:07 pm

and yet you still go

HondaHo de 1st
Chronic 2NR

Postby HondaHo de 1st » July 5th, 2012, 8:06 am

rcadiz wrote:Some more information for those of you that have been following this. Hopefully it is informative.

The FIA is divided into 2 parts, on one hand you have Motosport - F1, WRC, etc, which is the world body for all things to do with competitive motorsport. The other side of FIA which is less known it seems to most Trinis is the Motoring / Mobility arm of the FIA. This side is equally as official in terms of rank and deals with everything to do with motoring with a large focus on Road Safety. They deal with everything from policies to deal with border patrols, road blocks, R.V regulations, etc. Their scope is very wide and deals with almost every aspect of road use.

TTASA is the Sporting Authority (i.e. ASN)
TTAA is the Motoring / Mobility Authority

Many of you may know that the President of the FIA is coming for a very short (1 night) in Trinidad in August, and will be attending the 100 year anniversary of the TTAA (yes i said 100 year anniversary). Now ask yourself what does Trinidad and Tobago have to show the President of the FIA.

TTAA - affiliated to Arrive Alive, involves many of the car manufacturers, has a dedicated number of persons with long service, and is actually doing what they are mandated to do.

TTASA - In charge of Drag Racing in Camden and........hmm struggling here....., not responsible for any of the competitive Rallying, Karting, or any other form of Motorsport in the Country, with the vast majority of the competitive groups actually choosing NOT to affiliate.

Is this right that after the so-called '40 years' of Motorsport that TTASA has little to show other than success in circuit and drag racing more than 2 decades ago. The most they can show is faded pictures of what was once considered a successful motorsport program. They can say that Trinis are doing well in foreign lands but i think the powers that be will know better than to believe that this has anything to do with present day TTASA.

Did i mention that the President/Chairman of the TTAA is Rawle Mahabir. At the risk of making a small joke. President of TTAA = slightly awkward moment for TTASA. Just think that all this time Rawle Mahabir has been an equal FIA affiliate in Trinidad and Tobago. Life does have its ironies, what can i say.

de man walking softly, but caring a big stick

dread_2002
Sweet on this forum

Postby dread_2002 » July 5th, 2012, 3:34 pm

I have no affiliation with anyone and i just go from what i see and read.
But in my own personal opinion, i believe:

TTASA will not give up anything because racing as a sport/industry is literally a gold mine.
The amount of money these individuals can make if things are done proper would be astounding.

So with that in mind. Why wouldnt every member of TTASA do whatever they can to ensure that things do not change. If there is change the distribution of wealth would also change.

They are hoping that everything will fall in place someday and they are just waiting on that.
They are holding on because they know whats at stake. MONEY
It always boils down to money

It just sad that money and greed has affected this sport/industry worse than any other sport on the island.

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » July 6th, 2012, 6:31 am

lol like u eh know what does go on in horse racing

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » July 6th, 2012, 9:51 pm

c'mon ttasa, take one for the team.... let the MSGC be the NGB

link, what are your views on the structure of the MSGC as NGB as rcadiz outlined? the one i devised to ensure a fair amount of fairness is very similar.

southside crew
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby southside crew » July 12th, 2012, 7:12 am

what is the update?

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » July 12th, 2012, 7:41 am

southside crew wrote:what is the update?

well........

southside crew
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby southside crew » July 12th, 2012, 7:42 am

Look what just popped up on youtube/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQPuT22 ... r_embedded

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby cinco » July 12th, 2012, 7:43 am

wat d mudda cornhusk!!!!!!