TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Like I buy d wrong car: "Japanese cars most reliable..."

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Like I buy d wrong car: "Japanese cars most reliable..."

Postby cinco » July 26th, 2012, 2:32 pm

i am partial to mazdas i wont lie they arent the fastest but they are the most rewarding to drive at 9/10ths straight out the factory
the most fun i used to have was beating on a kia pride with upgraded tyres and wheels
my OG mini was fun as hell to drive also

nemesis
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby nemesis » July 26th, 2012, 2:40 pm

This isn't news. These ratings are basically the same every year. And it has nothing to do with "more intricate parts". Lexus beats all those euros in reliability and you def can't say they're short on tech.
It's just how it goes. The best you can say sometimes is that FOR THE PRICE you got more features and tech in a euro. And that's still only relevant at low and mid range vehicles.

Mr. Red Sleeper
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mr. Red Sleeper » July 26th, 2012, 2:42 pm

MG Man wrote:I have to say, I was disappointed when my sis 2 year old A4 blew a coil pack........then blew the trunk solenoid, then blew a door window regulator..........granted the parts were not particularly expensive when compared to Toyota, but you'd expect better

We had better luck with the MINI, even though ours is the 2002 'glitchy' model...........we expected power steering failure but it took 8 years to occur........not bad imo.......

Still rather buy a european car............once you drive one, Japanese cars feel like sheit..........

Based on your comments ill add that once you need parts,your pocket feels like a japanese car. no?

christopherwilliams2
Riding on 18's

Postby christopherwilliams2 » July 26th, 2012, 6:03 pm

MG Man wrote:fiat is stress

The local Fiat vehicles ?

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Like I buy d wrong car:

Postby Habit7 » July 26th, 2012, 10:35 pm

No, I know about 5 local Fiat drivers and they have no major problems with reliability. Rentokil using them as fleet vehicles too with no complaints.

In T&T we have a notion that once its not a brand you can buy used and abused from Japan/Singapore and still get a new car smell, it not reliable.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » July 26th, 2012, 11:37 pm

christopherwilliams2 wrote:

The local Fiat vehicles ?

it's common knowledge that FIAT has had lots of quality issues over the years

Mr. Red Sleeper wrote:
MG Man wrote:I have to say, I was disappointed when my sis 2 year old A4 blew a coil pack........then blew the trunk solenoid, then blew a door window regulator..........granted the parts were not particularly expensive when compared to Toyota, but you'd expect better

We had better luck with the MINI, even though ours is the 2002 'glitchy' model...........we expected power steering failure but it took 8 years to occur........not bad imo.......

Still rather buy a european car............once you drive one, Japanese cars feel like sheit..........

Based on your comments ill add that once you need parts,your pocket feels like a japanese car. no?

MINI parts no more expensive than Toyota parts, in many cases, cheaper

Habit7 wrote:

Actually Fiat beat Mini and MG in the same survey

and?
Nobody expects MG / MG Rover to top any lists..........as for MINI, usual stuff u find in all euros

nismoid
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby nismoid » July 27th, 2012, 6:35 am

My experience of reliability has been somewhat in favor of the japanese cars, my dad had a brand new BMW 740il (pbc series back then) and that was very unreliable, alot of petty things went wrong, the last straw was once he went to the supermarket and when he pulled the lever to release the parking brake, it came out in his hand, the car was 6 months old back then, Dad took the lever to bav-auto, handed it to the one of the managers and told them where to go pick up their car he doesn't want it any more.
Since then he has a Toyota Crown Royal Saloon, its over 10 years old and the only thing ever changed was the battery and tyres, never broke down, ten years of worry free driving, now thats reliability.

christopherwilliams2
Riding on 18's

Postby christopherwilliams2 » July 27th, 2012, 6:40 am

Habit7 wrote:No, I know about 5 local Fiat drivers and they have no major problems with reliability. Rentokil using them as fleet vehicles too with no complaints.

In T&T we have a notion that once its not a brand you can buy used and abused from Japan/Singapore and still get a new car smell, it not reliable.

Well fleet vehicles are a bit different I think because they would have a strict maintenance schedule and little expense would be spared to keep them running. I wonder about someone who has a Punto or a bravo to Weigh in on the situation in terms of what they think about the reliability of the local Fiat vehicles.

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby cinco » July 27th, 2012, 7:06 am

Habit7 wrote:No, I know about 5 local Fiat drivers and they have no major problems with reliability. Rentokil using them as fleet vehicles too with no complaints.

its also in numbers
5 fiat cars may be ok but when u start checking problems in 100 of them then u see more issues than the japanese vehicles
also
Fix It Again Tony :lol: :lol:

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » July 27th, 2012, 9:11 am

I do agree Japanese cars are more reliable but I guess your anecdotal/opinionated expression trumps reliability surveys that shows Fiat as one of more reliable euros. But then again, I expect to see u another thread 'oh'ing and 'ah'ing over some Ferrari.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » July 27th, 2012, 9:32 am

lol seriously Habit, FIAT had some serious quality issues over the years, which is partly why it's not the powerhouse it used to be.......they supposed to have improved by now though

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby cinco » July 27th, 2012, 10:15 am

:lol: i like these fellas
one of the more reliable Euros is like saying it is one of the least dead people in the morgue

reliability does not equate fun
and oddity does not equate fun either
we get it you like your FIAT that is fine no one cares that u like your FIAT the point is japanese cars have been proven to be more reliable than the FIAT

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » July 27th, 2012, 11:04 am

MG Man wrote:.......they supposed to have improved by now though
ppl need to get out and appreciate things for what they are worth and not rely "ah hear a partner say...." If not they will be left behind as the world moves on and buys Hyundai, Kia, Chevy, Skoda etc. cars that have some models which outclass their comparable Japanese models in every class.....including reliability.

Stephon.
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Stephon. » July 29th, 2012, 7:29 am

I agree and disagree, I'm still of the belief that if you service your car when you're supposed to and not when it starts to drive slow - you would get the full reliability out of your vehicle. Euro or Jap.

nemesis
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby nemesis » July 29th, 2012, 4:10 pm

That's actually completely wrong Stephon. You just get more problems with Euros vs the Japs. Just how it is. Don't fight it too much. They both have their advantages, and reliability and lack of issues isn't one for the Euros.

whyteliver
Riding on 16's

Postby whyteliver » July 29th, 2012, 4:37 pm

nemesis wrote:That's actually completely wrong Stephon. You just get more problems with Euros vs the Japs. Just how it is. Don't fight it too much. They both have their advantages, and reliability and lack of issues isn't one for the Euros.

talk don..

Stephon.
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Stephon. » July 29th, 2012, 6:11 pm

I wasn't fighting down anything but ok.

DSM_05
Riding on 16's

Postby DSM_05 » July 31st, 2012, 8:41 am

LOL at JDM vs Euro smack talk.

People should buy cars which suit their fancy for looks, performance, m'tce, and whatever else is important to them.

Buy what makes you happy.

Brand loyalty (and by extension JDM vs Euro loyalty) to me, is a farce.

Having to justify why one is better than the other is almost a form of immaturity IMHO.

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » July 31st, 2012, 8:50 am

Aye i JDM/Euro till I dead!!! I want a JDM/Euro hearse too! lol that's what some ppl sounding like...on both sides of the argument.

Death-Row
punchin NOS

Postby Death-Row » July 31st, 2012, 9:02 am

christopherwilliams2 wrote:

Well fleet vehicles are a bit different I think because they would have a strict maintenance schedule and little expense would be spared to keep them running. I wonder about someone who has a Punto or a bravo to Weigh in on the situation in terms of what they think about the reliability of the local Fiat vehicles.

friend of mine bought a punto brand new, within the first month, coolant leaks, battery/alternator probs and something with the head lights, never saw him again after like 2 months tho, left the job.

Conrad
punchin NOS

Postby Conrad » July 31st, 2012, 11:09 am

DSM_05 wrote:LOL at JDM vs Euro smack talk.

People should buy cars which suit their fancy for looks, performance, m'tce, and whatever else is important to them.

Having to justify why one is better than the other is almost a form of immaturity IMHO.

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » July 31st, 2012, 11:37 am

DSM_05 wrote:People should buy cars which suit their fancy for looks, performance, m'tce, and whatever else is important to them.

nemesis
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby nemesis » July 31st, 2012, 1:10 pm

DSM_05 wrote:LOL at JDM vs Euro smack talk.

True. People should buy what they like and prefer. But if every reliability survey ever says the same, there's probably merit to the discussion.

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”