Forums

ACCA F5 sbcs,omardeen or SAC? Help!

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

CA6230
Ricer

ACCA F5 sbcs,omardeen or SAC? Help!

Postby CA6230 » December 27th, 2012, 10:21 pm

Hey folks im getting ready to attempt ACCA F5 but im not sure where to go. Ive been at sbcs for most of my papers so idk how the other schools are. Also I know that Wayne Jones is the lecturer at sbcs but his teaching style is not so compatible with my learning capabilities :-( (He does ole talk way too much which makes me zone out and gape)

Anyone has any suggestions? Thanks in advance guys.

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: ACCA F5 sbcs,omardeen or SAC? Help!

Postby *$kїđž!™ » December 27th, 2012, 11:10 pm

OMARDEENS.....no questions about it.........lecturers go outta their way to ensure u are satisfied......

ttblax
Street 2NR

Postby ttblax » December 27th, 2012, 11:32 pm

You also need to take into consideration which branch of these schools you want to go to (POS or Chaguanas) since they have different lectures per course per location. You might want to look into PASS in Chaguanas since I've heard decent reviews on their F5 lecturer.

Omardeen's POS and SAC St James - for F5, lecturers weren't all that great.

In Wayne's defence, he's a good, knowledgeable lecturer who knows the course inside out. But in the end you have to choose the best fit for you. ACCA exams aren't exactly cheap to pass.

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » December 27th, 2012, 11:46 pm

anyone have any reviews on F2 lecturing in OMARDEEN chaguanas branch?

rfari
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rfari » December 28th, 2012, 12:07 am

Whats the total cost to get acca certified?

Sinister_Audio
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Sinister_Audio » December 28th, 2012, 12:31 am

personally i think for F5 & F9 .... wayne jones was one of the best lecturers i've ever had....
i did F5 with a guy @ SBCS before... i got Dengue Fever and couldn't write the exam that sitting, i went to class the next semester with Jones, i passed BOTH F5 & F9 first try... something about his teaching style works for me i guess. and he's not that type of 'scary ACCA lecturer' who can't help... hes very friendly, and works well i guess.... plus he takes us out for drinks after exams lol

ttblax
Street 2NR

Postby ttblax » December 28th, 2012, 12:43 am

F5 is tough paper. For me, one of if not the toughest paper in lvl 2 ACCA. So to pass first try says sumn.

@ rfari - ACCA is made up of 14 papers

Lvl 1 - 3 papers @ £ 71
Lvl 2 - 6 papers @ £ 89
Lvl 3 - 5 papers @ £ 103

That's just the cost for the next sitting in June 2013. The price per paper has been steadily increasing over the years. This doesn't factor in annual membership fees etc

Sinister_Audio
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Sinister_Audio » December 28th, 2012, 6:05 am

ttblax wrote:F5 is tough paper. For me, one of if not the toughest paper in lvl 2 ACCA. So to pass first try says sumn.

@ rfari - ACCA is made up of 14 papers

Lvl 1 - 3 papers @ £ 71 EACH
Lvl 2 - 6 papers @ £ 89 EACH
Lvl 3 - 5 papers @ £ 103 EACH

That's just the cost for the next sitting in June 2013. The price per paper has been steadily increasing over the years. This doesn't factor in annual membership fees etc

*fixed*

CA6230
Ricer

Postby CA6230 » December 28th, 2012, 8:22 am

*$kїđž!™ wrote:OMARDEENS.....no questions about it.........lecturers go outta their way to ensure u are satisfied......

You did F5 at Omardeen's? What's her style like?

CA6230
Ricer

Postby CA6230 » December 28th, 2012, 8:25 am

ttblax wrote:You also need to take into consideration which branch of these schools you want to go to (POS or Chaguanas) since they have different lectures per course per location. You might want to look into PASS in Chaguanas since I've heard decent reviews on their F5 lecturer.

In Wayne's defence, he's a good, knowledgeable lecturer who knows the course inside out. But in the end you have to choose the best fit for you. ACCA exams aren't exactly cheap to pass.

Gonna look into Pass, who's the F5 lecturer there?

drunkenscorpion
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby drunkenscorpion » December 28th, 2012, 8:45 am

What is F5?......I only know by levels.....not F&P......ahhh....its good to not have to do exams again!

jaceson
Street 2NR

Postby jaceson » December 28th, 2012, 11:33 am

You will only pass if you are willing to do the work. If the lecturer is good well then that's a plus but most times students who fail don't put out the required work to pass.

I have had lecturers ole talk for the whole semester and I still passed when i put out the work.

So in relation to your question, go where you are comfortable. Unless the lecturer is totally use-less.

src1983
18 pounds of Boost

Postby src1983 » December 28th, 2012, 12:21 pm

jaceson wrote:You will only pass if you are willing to do the work. If the lecturer is good well then that's a plus but most times students who fail don't put out the required work to pass.

I have had lecturers ole talk for the whole semester and I still passed when i put out the work.

So in relation to your question, go where you are comfortable. Unless the lecturer is totally use-less.

Correcto

drunkenscorpion
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby drunkenscorpion » December 28th, 2012, 1:06 pm

pffffttt.....lecturers wey,....i did acca on my own.

ttblax
Street 2NR

Postby ttblax » December 29th, 2012, 4:00 pm

CA6230 wrote:
ttblax wrote:You also need to take into consideration which branch of these schools you want to go to (POS or Chaguanas) since they have different lectures per course per location. You might want to look into PASS in Chaguanas since I've heard decent reviews on their F5 lecturer.

Gonna look into Pass, who's the F5 lecturer there?

Khaleed Mohammed. Had a few friends who were in his class for the Dec 2012 sitting. Said he was good.

fay
Street 2NR

Postby fay » December 29th, 2012, 5:40 pm

Passing ACCA all depends in an individual. Certtain lectures are the best but they are in different schools, I will recommend PASS because they are the warmest.

CA6230
Ricer

Postby CA6230 » December 29th, 2012, 6:48 pm

Its definity up to the individual i myself did 4 papers in Cat without a lecturer and was sucessful but when it comes to performance managemnt i definitely need help. Some of my colleagues at work said they prefer jones some say Omardeen's some say Pass. Gonna make some calls and gather more info guys. Anyone also knows a good F7 lecturer?
Last edited by CA6230 on December 30th, 2012, 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

kevinknr
3NE 2NR for life

Postby kevinknr » December 29th, 2012, 8:56 pm

drunkenscorpion wrote:pffffttt.....lecturers wey,....i did acca on my own.

Impressive. :shock:

I work at a tertiary institute which offers ACCA and it's one of the most difficult courses in the school!

On the last ACCA computer based exam I invigilated, only 2 out of 7 students passed.

Up to what paper did you write? Did you make it to F8 or further?

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » December 29th, 2012, 10:00 pm

kevinknr wrote:

I work at a tertiary institute which offers ACCA and it's one of the most difficult courses in the school!

On the last ACCA computer based exam I invigilated, only 2 out of 7 students passed.

where do you work?

kevinknr
3NE 2NR for life

Postby kevinknr » December 29th, 2012, 11:08 pm

*$kїđž!™ wrote:
kevinknr wrote:

where do you work?

SBCS.

love.that.mac
Riding on 13's

Postby love.that.mac » December 30th, 2012, 10:15 pm

OK.. So, I just finished my last two option papers for ACCA, I went to various schools to complete it, so I'm going to break it down for you..

F1- Did on my own
F2- Went to SAC, almost failed, quite frankly, Azeem is an absolute sheit teacher
F3- SAC - Raffina taught me, she is amazing.. Then again, I loved this paper.. I got 73

F4- Did at SAC- Lee taught the course, I learnt nothing from him, read the text and passed
F5- SAC - Raffina again - Great excellent teacher - 77 - So, I definitely recommend her
F6 - SAC - Eddie - HATED HIM - Too damn full of himself, give 'tips' and nothing came - Still passed
F7 - Two attempts in SAC with sheit lecturer Azeem and eventually moved over to PASS for Shaffiat and passed - Unfortunately, he's ill and is not lecturing Jan to June 2013
F8 - SAC - Magarete - One of my fav papers also - She's a great lecturer, full of herself, but she knows her work
F9 - SAC - Sham - Another sheit lecturer, too full of himself, has clear favourites in his class, where he tends to ignore other students, hated the paper, but got through

P! - SAC - Devi - I tend to gravitate towards theory papers, so this was easy and I liked it. She's a good lecturer, has no problem explaining things, but can make you feel stupid sometimes if you ask a question or give a certain answer - But still good
P2 - Started at SAC with Sham because of clashes with other papers, switched to PASS to do with Shaf as soon as results came out and I saw I passed F7 - Once again however, Shaf isn't lecturing this semester
P3 - SAC - Devi - Same as above
P4 - Didn't do, but heard good reviews from friends who did it at PASS with Khaleed
P5 - PASS with Khaleed, great lecturer, patient, understanding - Awaiting results
P7 - SAC - Margarete - See F8 review - Awaiting results

Essentially, as mentioned before, you have to want to pass and put the effort in, ACCA isn't something you cram the night before. Each school/lecturer as their own merit, yes, but it really is up to you to do the work. The lecturer can only do so much.

In terms of school environment, SAC is an absolute sheit school. Eddie and son, are both full of themselves, it's ridiculous. The office staff think they are the best thing out and most students dread going into the office. This is the Chagaunas branch. I was not only kicked out of one of the study rooms because it was time for the school to close, but we were also not allowed to adjust the A/C. Not a very safe environment, students were robbed a number of times by random men who just walked into the school, the security camera provides a blurry live feed and does not record anything.

PASS - The office staff are amazing, friendly, helpful. Very homely environment. Once a relationship is established, students get keys to the building to pull all nighters around exam time. Very safe as there are a number of gates and security cameras. There's also free tea, coffee and crix.. They tend to cook/buy food and make chow on a regular for the students.

Hope this helped. :)

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » December 30th, 2012, 11:51 pm

i share the same sentiments of the thumbs down for those SAC lecturers....Azeem, sham and devi were an absolute bleh........Harry however was the boss.....lol.....where is he these days?..

Eddie and son...definitely seem like they like themselves a little too much.....

equal2zero
3NE 2NR for life

Postby equal2zero » December 31st, 2012, 12:16 am

love.that.mac, good that you have shared your personal experience with the different schools you mentioned. I think choice of school depends on the individual, some people may prefer an environment such as the one at SAC. Some may not even see lecturers or attending classes as an absolute necessity (myself included), people learn in different ways. The personalities of the lecturers do not affect me in any way, as long as the relevant information is being provided that will put me in a position to pass the exam.

Were you a full time or part time student? And how long did it take you to reach this far? If you don't mind my asking.

The dominant sentiment in all the posts so far is that passing ACCA exams requires much dedication and sacrifice, particularly when you are faced with other major commitments (work, family). Being a professional qualification it is designed to be a grueling challenge.

love.that.mac
Riding on 13's

Postby love.that.mac » December 31st, 2012, 1:00 am

As far as I know, Harry has an estranged relationship with Eddie and Colin. I know he was lecturing in the South branch about two years ago, I'm not sure what his status is right now.

equal2zero, tbh, all the students I know that switched from SAC to PASS all prefer the environment in PASS.. It just makes you feel more comfortable. The major thing for me was the fact that I, was a paying student as I was in the core stage of Level 3 at this time, so I wasn't GATE covered fully, and I was told to leave the study room.. I don't really study in school, but I had to that particular day. Oh and I was a full-time student.. But some classes I was forced to take part-time either because they were not offered during the day (full-time) or because I preferred a particular lecturer.

I took 3 years to get to this point, would have been less if I didn't fail F7 twice, as that held me back.. But I see it as a plus, as I got a good base for P2 when I did it over at PASS and this allowed me to pass one of the devil papers on the first try.

As for the attending classes, it's required that you attend 75% of the class because of GATE, and we are required to sign attendance sheets, so they do check up on it. I almost had to pay for one of my papers because of clashes between SAC and PASS. It worked out eventually.

I think the personalities of the lecturers impact upon their teaching style/information provided, however, that may just be me. Many of the SAC lecturers would give handouts and tell us to read them. While this didn't affect me, a lot of my friends got difficulties with some topics.

And yup, majority of students doing ACCA will say all they're aiming for is 50 and anything above that is just icing on the cake.

equal2zero
3NE 2NR for life

Postby equal2zero » December 31st, 2012, 10:46 am

Agree people would need that guidance for certain topics. Full time students tend to value the teaching experience more, for me, I just try to make the most effective use of my time and after a rough day at work I am sometimes not up to sitting through a mind numbing 3 hour class. Practical experience in an accounting environment is an able substitute in my view.

But 3 years, great! I have to admit I've struggled with this and it has cost me a fair amount financially, especially the P level papers, to the point where I've grown to hate studying and seriously considered giving up. I think I'm just naturally a shitty student :lol:

I've been doing this part time for about 4 years and have 2 option papers remaining. Just want to get this monkey off my back and get on with my life tbh.

drunkenscorpion
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby drunkenscorpion » December 31st, 2012, 1:15 pm

kevinknr wrote:

I am qualified already sir. I did SAC for the first 2 papers, 1.1, and 1.2 as a refresher course for A levels for me. Then Eddie for 2.3- Tax.....everything else I did on my own. I got stuck like a beyotch in 2.5 Financial Reporting....which coincidentally was my job title at the time. Failed that shite like 4 times....kept me back from qualifying for 2 years!....

All depends on your work attitude really. I couldnt juggle a high level job, and school at the same time. I wouldnt concentrate in classes. Doing it on my own gave me a full insight rather than concentrating on only what the lecturers tell you to, plus you go at your own pace. I still have padners who I started with, still struggling. But always keep in mind the reward for qualifying, the feeling itself is worth the struggle.

CA6230
Ricer

Postby CA6230 » January 2nd, 2013, 7:41 pm

Classes starting soon allyuh sign up?

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » January 2nd, 2013, 10:14 pm

drunkenscorpion wrote:
kevinknr wrote:

I am qualified already sir. I did SAC for the first 2 papers, 1.1, and 1.2 as a refresher course for A levels for me. Then Eddie for 2.3- Tax.....everything else I did on my own. I got stuck like a beyotch in 2.5 Financial Reporting....which coincidentally was my job title at the time. Failed that shite like 4 times....kept me back from qualifying for 2 years!....

All depends on your work attitude really. I couldnt juggle a high level job, and school at the same time. I wouldnt concentrate in classes. Doing it on my own gave me a full insight rather than concentrating on only what the lecturers tell you to, plus you go at your own pace. I still have padners who I started with, still struggling. But always keep in mind the reward for qualifying, the feeling itself is worth the struggle.

where u workin now?....Did those years of hard work finally pay off?...was it worth it?.....

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » January 2nd, 2013, 10:15 pm

CA6230 wrote:Classes starting soon allyuh sign up?

yeah Omardeen...chaguanas...from next week :(

babysmurf
Riding on 13's

Postby babysmurf » January 2nd, 2013, 11:30 pm

what about omardeens sando?
i'll be doin F5 there with haimchan ramdeo...
i did F2 with him and did ok

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”