Forums

TTASA management dissolved - UPDATE Pg.10

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

1/4 mile king
Street 2NR

Re: TTASA management dissolved - looks to future plans

Postby 1/4 mile king » January 14th, 2013, 7:41 pm

also members who are allowed to vote must have @least 70% attendance for the year at the monthly meetings as well as they must be paid up b4 the month of march. That part of the constitution was allowed to be broken last year by the trustees so the past management could have been re elected easily. I don't waste my time with TTASA anymore since that incident. There are lots of members in TTASA who wish to have the same thing as the members of MATT and because of a few individuals with power is the reason why the sport is where it is.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 14th, 2013, 9:44 pm

buuuutt, it wassss pointed out to meeee, that the ttasa constitution as is, is suspended and all major motor sport bodies would be invited to contribute to a better constitution and come up with a structure of the new ttasa.

it is an opportunity, and the 'glass half full' people see that it could swing into an all encompassing entity, and then the state lands can be issued for the facility.
but, it is open ended enough that it could go back to what it was or even worse. nothing here has been cast in stone yet. so, i too, would advise to be a bit weary.

i have had too many experiences with big men in big positions with big talk, who lie through their teeth.
i hardly ever trust clean shaven men with ties and pressed shirts, they seem like they're trying too hard; they're up to something

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » January 14th, 2013, 9:57 pm

^ the TTASA constitution has not yet been suspended. Not sure where you are getting your information from.

Suspension of the constitution has only been suggested so far.

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » January 14th, 2013, 10:08 pm

1/4 mile king wrote:I am not sure if anything positive is going to happen for any of us. As easy as the board of trustees appoints a management group, i assume it is just as easy to remove them if they don't do as the board pleases. The trustees are a big waste of time. There are 7 trustees i think & only 2 show interest in TTASA and i realised that all of their decisions made were only to benefit themselves and not motorsports. The right thing to do is to call an AGM where members can vote on a management committee since the members were the ones who got rid of the past dictatorship management not the trustees. As long as a TTASA management allows the Motorsport General Council to perform the way it was INTENDED TO, all motorsport disciplines will be satisfied and at peace.

....starting with the directive of the TTASA Constitution, section 11:2(f) which states
"The management is deemed to have collapsed when there isn't a quorum of five elected members currently holding office. In such a case, to ensure the continuity of the Association's business, a Trustee or Trustees shall be appointed by the Chairman of the Board of Trustees to fill the vacant position/s to form a quorum until a Special General meeting is held. This Special General meeting must be held no later than three months after the Management Committee is deemed to have collapsed."
IMHO
the Chairman of the Board of Trustees -Vishnu Mangalsingh- should have IMMEDIATELY DECLARED at the December regular meeting, when those three resignations were handed in, that he (Mangalsingh) is required to invoke section 11:2(f) of the Constitution and, by the next day, announce the name of the ONE Trustee required at that time to make the quorum of five to have a Special general meeting convened.
Even as the Vice-president resigned, an appointment of another Trustee was the logical, constitutional option.
I think this a roundabout, delay-tactics strategy being employed and should be microscopically examined since the end result could be manipulation of the Constitution to the detriment of the Membership & the Association.
Now I can't say too much here...yet.....but...members...please read & understand your Constitution....the Association belongs to the Members :idea: :idea: :idea:
rgds

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 14th, 2013, 10:12 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:President of TTUNDRA and Chairman of the MSGC has requested that all parties, affiliates and non-affiliates (other stakeholders) be consulted before any decision is made regarding the new constitution and tendering of Camden etc.

The Chairman of the trustees agreed to this.
probably i read a little more into that than i should.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » January 14th, 2013, 10:35 pm

^ in my first post I said it was just a suggestion - many suggestions were made that night, however the members and trustees first have to agree on it before any suggestion becomes reality.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 14th, 2013, 10:58 pm

yeah, my conscious self got caught up in the moment. i thought we had risen.

MICROTECH 7
3NE 2NR for life

Postby MICROTECH 7 » January 15th, 2013, 12:02 am

sMASH wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:President of TTUNDRA and Chairman of the MSGC has requested that all parties, affiliates and non-affiliates (other stakeholders) be consulted before any decision is made regarding the new constitution and tendering of Camden etc.

The Chairman of the trustees agreed to this.
probably i read a little more into that than i should.

Ah still watching but wanted to make a quick note;

If I can recall the gentle man that he is, Chairman of the MSGC resigned that position. This MSGC that the fired president seldom recognised could be deemed invalid, considering that it was formed with no formal affiliate constitutional agreement that consist of terms and conditions of existence. Furthermore, if all is as this appears TTASA has no recognised affiliates.

Enter the question, ''what are the requirements to become a RACING AFFILIATE. I know for sure an executive is a must and some of these clubs lack this basic infrastructure.

Finally, what the hell is tendering for a venue? Camden is not a booth around the savannah that you acquire for Carnival. My question is WHO can pre-qualify to stage an event with proper management and experience with all safety and structural support in place as to not place us back into a gangster drag situation.

I beg to differ, if TTASA opens the door to Camden to loosely, we enter into a crab in barrel syndrome. An approved model and a high standard must be set for staging events, with set criteria and requirements presented for interested parties.

Trustees please be careful and look before you leap.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 15th, 2013, 12:21 am

*brb, awaiting ttasa constitutional reform*

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » January 15th, 2013, 7:32 am

MICROTECH 7 wrote: This MSGC ....... could be deemed invalid, considering that it was formed with no formal affiliate constitutional agreement that consist of terms and conditions of existence.

Please refer to TTASA Constitution, section 24, headed 'MOTOR SPORT GENERAL COUNCIL'
it's too much to write here...but you can read it up yourself.
rgds

MICROTECH 7
3NE 2NR for life

Postby MICROTECH 7 » January 15th, 2013, 7:34 am

sMASH wrote:*brb, awaiting ttasa constitutional reform*

Also in support of the above and before all those who believe that they belong to something start jumping all over this and for argument sake, if the current constitution was considered
to form the MSGC but now faces future reform or major amendments, everything is out the window.

The current TTASA constitution needs to burn because it does not support any collective affiliate association racing and sanctioning agreements including voting rights.

FugiTECH
punchin NOS

Postby FugiTECH » January 15th, 2013, 8:38 am

So I'm seeing you fellas know alot of whats happening and what needs to be done. If I had that knowledge to assist the Various Groups and ask them personally if they Familiar with what you saying I would, to make sure things on the right track, Now I do call some of them for things a little less complicated as said above but i make the effort. Lets hope they are working together but right now its all up to TTASA to fulfill what they saying then the Groups could get closer to Them also. The Structure needs to be changed to the right way and the people need to work together. Once this happens , Success !!!!
So if you all know stuff , pick up a phone and make a call, if you are not doing so that is.

MICROTECH 7
3NE 2NR for life

Postby MICROTECH 7 » January 15th, 2013, 9:37 am

THE_FUGITIVES wrote:So I'm seeing you fellas know alot of whats happening and what needs to be done. If I had that knowledge to assist the Various Groups and ask them personally if they Familiar with what you saying I would, to make sure things on the right track, Now I do call some of them for things a little less complicated as said above but i make the effort. Lets hope they are working together but right now its all up to TTASA to fulfill what they saying then the Groups could get closer to Them also. The Structure needs to be changed to the right way and the people need to work together. Once this happens , Success !!!!
So if you all know stuff , pick up a phone and make a call, if you are not doing so that is.

Mr. Fugi and sMASH among others display a great love for Motorsports and your contributions are most informative and welcomed.

Rest assured, that a few good men have been considered for consultation by the TTASA Chairman that may assist to present the right collective formula for the future that benefits all, but still await a phone call.

One problem that Trinidad has, which also affects TTASA is HATE, which prevents us from dialogue negotiations to progress forward. There is a lot of water to be dried up under the bridge.

In 2008, when Nisam, President at the time presented a similar proposal almost all of his executives were against him and hated him because he was talking to everyone in pursuit of unity and they all ultimately voted him out, lets hope that struggle does not present itself again.

Sir Vishnue do not give in to intimidation.

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » January 17th, 2013, 9:31 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:In a TTASA monthly meeting tonight the membership heard resignation letters from the President, Vice President, Hon Secretary and others.

The board of trustees has dissolved the management and has proposed to announce an interim committee.

There will be no special general meeting in 3 months, instead the selected committee will carry on until the normal AGM in 2014.

The board of trustees has announced that moving forward they are suggesting suspension of the current constitution and creation of a new updated constitution. The board of trustees has also announced they would like to suggest tendering out the use of Camden to racing associations who are interested in having racing events there. This is so far just a suggestion.

The trustees will write the ministry of sport updating the ministry on these new developments.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
vera ali
9:07 PM (9 minutes ago)

to 007fawaz, ACARBTQE, annieandalex, Ashmeed.Mohamm., boss-sti-wtx, centralspeedltd, crb_cecil, drracechamp, edenoon, farah-shah130, fobmiami, gary-goolchara., ilas2, info, k.seepersad, khaleeftranspo., kristianboodoo., lyndong, mahabirtrophie., marlonneil, mmoonan22, montroseglym, nabeelshah24, nadia-shah-4, nfnshah
Dear Members,

Please be advised that a Special General Meeting will be held on January 30th 2013 for the purpose of:

1. To fill the vacant positions in the Management by a Bye Election.
The following sections of the constitution will apply:

Section 12:2
(g) Vacancies will be filled by Bye Election at a Special General Meeting of which
twenty five (25) fully financial members present shall form a quorum. Such bye
election must be held no later than three months after the position became vacant.

Section 15: SPECIAL GENERAL MEETING
(a). The Honorary Secretary shall convene a Special General Meeting whenever instructed to do so
by the President or on the written requisition of the Committee, or on the requisition of twenty five Financial members,
and such requisition shall state the business to be transacted at such a meeting.

(b). The Honorary Secretary shall notify all members fourteen (14) days before the meeting date.

(c). At a Special General Meeting, twenty five members present will form a quorum.

2. To bring forward and confirm a date for the next AGM for this occasion only. The suggested date being - March 20th 2013

N.B. The time and venue to be advised.

well, well well
look at this email above....the TTASA Constitution is being followed......

I was wondering why the Trustees didn't.........you know what....let me allow questions/comments to flow....I might try to supply relevant excerpts from the TTASA Constitution in reply.
:idea: :!: :D

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » January 17th, 2013, 9:46 pm

most interesting!

Ok it seems here that the existing management which are the President Mohammed Ali and his wife Honorary Secretary Vera Ali are standing by their resignation letters which state that their resignations are not valid until January 31st 2013 and so they are calling a Bye Election on January 30th 2013 and plan for an AGM on March 20th 2013.

Speaking with Mr and Mrs Ali, they stated that they will not be contesting the elections and that this is for the betterment of TTASA.

Mohammed Ali and Vera Ali are claiming that constitutionally they are still President and Secretary respectively and have the power to call these bye elections.

The Trustees do not seem to share their view and are stating management has dissolved and there is no one on the management and so this action cannot be taken.

Mohammed Ali and Vera Ali are going against the motions of the Board of Trustees who stated last week that the Management has already been dissolved, suggested there will be no SGM and the AGM will take place in 2014. According to the Trustees once the management has been dissolved, resignation dates are irrelevant and so there is no Management.

This action by Mohammed Ali and Vera Ali however will prevent the Trustees from selecting the committee they announced last week and will put a spoke in the plans suggested last week.

I am sure this will cause a legal battle as the Trustees and the past management try to decide who is constitutionally right in their actions.

You can read the constitution here and decide for yourself.
http://www.trinituner.com/UPLOADS/TTASA ... 3jul12.pdf

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 18th, 2013, 12:47 am

*puts on court clothes and spectacles*
ah, lets take a look see...

there it is in 11.2.f and there in 12.a.V/VI, the new management personnel would be elected at follow up by election, but the positions which are vacant would be filled by a trustee. upon resignation or termination, the effect is immediate. the ambiguity is if the collapse of the management means a termination of those in the management.

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » January 18th, 2013, 1:00 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:most interesting!

Ok it seems here that the existing management which are the President Mohammed Ali and his wife Honorary Secretary Vera Ali are standing by their resignation letters which state that their resignations are not valid until January 31st 2013 and so they are calling a Bye Election on January 30th 2013 and plan for an AGM on March 20th 2013.

Speaking with Mr and Mrs Ali, they stated that they will not be contesting the elections and that this is for the betterment of TTASA.

Mohammed Ali and Vera Ali are claiming that constitutionally they are still President and Secretary respectively and have the power to call these bye elections.

The Trustees do not seem to share their view and are stating management has dissolved and there is no one on the management and so this action cannot be taken.

Mohammed Ali and Vera Ali are going against the motions of the Board of Trustees who stated last week that the Management has already been dissolved, suggested there will be no SGM and the AGM will take place in 2014. According to the Trustees once the management has been dissolved, resignation dates are irrelevant and so there is no Management.

This action by Mohammed Ali and Vera Ali however will prevent the Trustees from selecting the committee they announced last week and will put a spoke in the plans suggested last week.

I am sure this will cause a legal battle as the Trustees and the past management try to decide who is constitutionally right in their actions.

You can read the constitution here and decide for yourself.
http://www.trinituner.com/UPLOADS/TTASA ... 3jul12.pdf

TTASA Constitution section 11:2
(f) The Management is deemed to have collapsed when there isn’t a management
quorum of five elected members currently holding office. In such a case, to ensure continuity of the association’s business, a Trustee or Trustees shall be appointed by the Chairman of the Board of Trustees to fill the vacant position/s to form a quorum until a Special General Meeting is held. This Special General Meeting must be held no later than three months after the management committee is deemed to have collapsed.

seems as though the Trustees have substituted the word 'dissolved' for 'collapsed', ignoring the above-mentioned section of the Constitution which prescribes the specific action that the Trustees are directed to take, which is to convene a Special General Meeting of the Membership to address the management issue.
I don't see anywhere in the Constitution where the Trustees are directed to ignore the fact that there ARE STILL THREE SUBSTANTIVE MANAGEMENT POSITIONS EXISTING (President, Secretary, Members Rep), so, claiming that 'management has 'dissolved', means WHAT , exactly ? :idea:
:?: :?:

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » January 18th, 2013, 1:12 am

According to the Trustees once the management has been dissolved, resignation dates are irrelevant and so there is no Management.

I have a friend who has tendered his resignation as junior financial director of his company, giving 30 days notice. Coincidentally, his last day with this job is 31st January, 2013...but he is still working, has the company car, enjoying all his job perks, signing off jobs,etc.
I guess, by the above logic, there is no longer a junior financial director at work in that company :?

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » January 18th, 2013, 5:32 am

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

ok
carry on

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » January 18th, 2013, 5:35 am

Glad I didn't get my hopes up.

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » January 18th, 2013, 7:27 am

sMASH wrote:*puts on court clothes and spectacles*
ah, lets take a look see...

there it is in 11.2.f and there in 12.a.V/VI, the new management personnel would be elected at follow up by election, but the positions which are vacant would be filled by a trustee. upon resignation or termination, the effect is immediate. the ambiguity is if the collapse of the management means a termination of those in the management.

but, sMASH....
TTASA Constitution 11:2(f) RECOGNISES the continuity of the remaining management positions AFTER a collapse of the quorum of management committee members....
and...
thus directs that the Chairman of the Board of Trustees appoint the requisite number of TRUSTEES ...etc,etc
there is no ambiguity there...
rgds

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 18th, 2013, 7:58 am

what happened was a few people tendered resignations. at the point that the resignations were effective, the collapse would then be 'effective' imo. those resignations would leave vacant positions. the vacant positions would be filled by appointments by the trustees until they set up a meeting to vote for persons to fill them.
the other members of the management team who did not tender resignations were not terminated, but the the management team would not have had the quorum so it still has collapsed. so i suppose they would still be in office until those positions are voted for at the same election to vote for the vacant positions.

there is no reason, i.e. by way of termination nor resignation for the remainder of the management committee offices' to be vacant, so those persons would still hold office. but because it has collapsed, a new elections must be held to vote in a standing management, preferably with new persons.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » January 18th, 2013, 9:06 am

The trustees also suggested that the constitution be suspended and a new one written. If the constitution is suspended then all of this is moot, correct?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 18th, 2013, 9:46 am

but it has not been suspended yet.

ttasa isn't mashed up, just he management needs to be reconfigured, according to their own constitution.

we all know that ttasa needs major overhaul, and thought that this was the turn of events to do that. the trustees say that they will overhaul the constitution, but though it may be on going, it definitely has not happened yet.

the suspension of the constitution was a suggestion.

all this squabble about the course of events is further lil boy thing that most people in tnt racing goes along with.

be men and agree that it is time for ttasa, as is, to die. and also, if it can die, let something new take its place. let a new dawn happen

trustees, c'mon be men!!!!!!!

frustr8ed
Street 2NR

Postby frustr8ed » January 18th, 2013, 10:12 am

I like to read sMASH posts, it's usually a whole set of words amounting to nothing lol

Mr. Sampath you made the point about a co-worker who resigned but is still working. But what if his boss said "no it's quite ok, we have a replacement, you should leave now."?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 18th, 2013, 10:43 am

:D 8-)

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » January 18th, 2013, 1:19 pm

frustr8ed wrote:I like to read sMASH posts, it's usually a whole set of words amounting to nothing lol

Mr. Sampath you made the point about a co-worker who resigned but is still working. But what if his boss said "no it's quite ok, we have a replacement, you should leave now."?

That worker would have had redress to :
1/ his employment contract (if any)
2/ Ministry of Labour laws governing such (of course, he could agree to accept enhanced termination benefits, sign that agreement, and leave
3/ T&T Constitution protecting his individual rights as a citizen
4/ The courts for legal adjudication of the matter if unresolved
in TTASA's case, 1/ & 2/ don't apply...BUT...
3/ is the TTASA Constitution in this scenario...AND THAT IS THE BOSS RIGHT NOW....no matter who thinks what....
and what did the 'BOSS' say ?? :
Section 11:2
(f) The Management is deemed to have collapsed when there isn’t a management
quorum of five elected members currently holding office. In such a case, to ensure continuity of the association’s business, a Trustee or Trustees shall be appointed by the Chairman of the Board of Trustees to fill the vacant position/s to form a quorum until a Special General Meeting is held. This Special General Meeting must be held no later than three months after the management committee is deemed to have collapsed.

and
Section 15: SPECIAL GENERAL MEETING
(a). The Honorary Secretary shall convene a Special General Meeting whenever instructed to do so
by the President
or on the written requisition of the Committee, or on the requisition of twenty five Financial members,
and such requisition shall state the business to be transacted at such a meeting.

(b). The Honorary Secretary shall notify all members fourteen (14) days before the meeting date.

(c). At a Special General Meeting, twenty five members present will form a quorum.

wouldn't even look at 4/ because of the clarity of the relevant sections of the TTASA Constitution in ensuring that Membership's rights to their choice & direction of Management & Association are protected.
rgds

Soundwave
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Soundwave » January 18th, 2013, 1:36 pm

FugiTECH
punchin NOS

Postby FugiTECH » January 18th, 2013, 4:32 pm

wow suddenly Link back with vegeance again lol

link
18 pounds of Boost