TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Need a Review on Toyota HiLux

Diesel, Gas, 4x4, 4x2

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forum rules
This forum is for discussions on Trucks and Pickups only!
DO NOT POST ADS IN HERE
WTB (Want to buy), LF (Looking for), EOI (Expression of Interest) or FS (For sale) topics etc will be deleted.
If you are looking for a part please search or post in the Auto Parts Classifieds.
Please keep all discussion professional and technical. Opinions are welcomed, however trolling, spamming and bashing will not be tolerated.
aR&D
Chronic TriniTuner

Need a Review on Toyota HiLux

Postby aR&D » February 3rd, 2005, 11:09 am

Guys: (TeamLoco)

Can i get some review on this 4x4. Power, milage, engine sizes, model options, tranny options, ride, parts and if you all own one, post some of the standard, interior, front, back, side, enterior pictures.

Also comparsions to the Nissan Frontier will be useful too.

thanks
aR&D

Team Loco
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Team Loco » February 3rd, 2005, 2:04 pm

lol....boy, i will post all the info you need. check back after lunch.....

aR&D
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby aR&D » February 3rd, 2005, 3:41 pm

^^^
Nice, looking forward!

mrboxman
Trinituner Peong

Postby mrboxman » February 3rd, 2005, 11:41 pm

besss 4x4 on d road will out perform all other 4x4s i had the old one, but lets not go down that road. very very good vehicles thas what osama and dem does use in afganistan to carry he men. dey does be pack up pack up and have about 20 muslim in d tray. Downside.... parts are a lil bit on the expensive side

plex
punchin NOS

Postby plex » February 3rd, 2005, 11:53 pm

cousin had one and it worked fine..

Team Loco
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Team Loco » February 4th, 2005, 10:03 am

Downside.... parts are a lil bit on the expensive side

nah, that is the old days.....hilux 4x2 shock price $123.00

some parts expensive

Team Loco
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Team Loco » February 4th, 2005, 10:22 am

k, here goes:

the hilux comes in many different models. I assume here you are looking at the 4x4, and not interested in the 4x2

model 1- starts at around $137,000. 2.8 diesel, no turbo, no ECU, no hassle wheel lock 4x4 system, cassette player, steel rims, factory a/c, fabric bucket seats, no tach, manual windows, typical no nonsense 4x4. the 2.8 diesel non turbo has plenty low end torque, it is slow on highway runs. The most you get out of it is 130-140kms, but you won't be able to talk to no one because of the noisy engine.

model 2- same as above, except some more 'dressings'. they basically take the same vehicle and add fender flares, broad tyres, CD player...same damn van for $147,000.00. this is the model i have. Stuff added on ,flares, are after market, and are of not so good quality. the problem with this model is they use the same thin rims to put on broad tyres. On full lock, the tyres rub on the chassis. To compensate, either put on wheel spacers or adjust the lock.

model 3- the hilux 3.0D non turbo but ECU controlled. This model has power everything, halogen headlamps, side running boards, airbag. it is more efficient on diesel because of the ECU control. The bad thing though is the hub locking 4x4 system. Crappy!!! you have to come out and lock hubs for 4x4 system. cost $175,000.00 last time i checked. I would have bought this model if it wasn't for the hub locks. Oh, and you get the same crappy steel rims

model 4- well u know it's the sweet SR-5. 3.0 Turbo, power everything, alloy wheels, rock solid suspension, airbags, ABS i believe, plush fabric interior, chrome, ..........too much to mention.....for $200,000.

all of the above have one thing in common....rock solid performance. you can rough these up as much as you want. You can't break it!!! really good vehicles. I service mine at toyota, on average it costs $400.00.

As opposed to the frontier, it's really a matter of preference. The frontier is nice for comfort and speed. But if you are looking for durability and a long lasting vehicle, then it's the hilux

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » February 4th, 2005, 11:01 am

Man I have one a dem TAY and it is a good and faithful. Good for when yuh car in de shop.

rolandk

Postby rolandk » February 4th, 2005, 3:16 pm

[quote=" very very good vehicles thas what osama and dem does use in afganistan to carry he men. dey does be pack up pack up and have about 20 muslim in d tray.[/quote]

hoss.......why u have 2 go there?

aR&D
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby aR&D » February 4th, 2005, 5:51 pm

Thanks much T'Loco and with prices too!!

I got this off the net:

Toyota Hilux 4x4 Double Cab SR5

This is the top of the range HiLux, with gutsy 4 wheel drive manouevrability and the sort of class you'd expect from Australia's classiest pick-up or commercial vehicle. It's big and tough enough to handle all the rough stuff in the toughest conditions on road and off. But it's also got the luxury you and your family deserve on weekends and holidays.

With the 4x4 Double Cab SR5, you'll have a choice between the 3.4 litre, Quad Cam V6 petrol engine (automatic & manual), or the 5-speed manual transmission, 3.0 litre turbo diesel engine.

5VZ-FE
The new HiLux 4X4 petrol has 16kW more power and 56Nm more torque than the model it supersedes, accelerating from 0-100km/h six percent faster. The 3.4 litre V6 Quad Cam multi-valve delivers 124 kW of power at 4600rpm and 291Nm of torque at 3600rpm - an improved performance that comes without compromise to fuel efficiency or reliability.

1KZ-TE
The 1KZ-TE 3.0 litre Turbo Diesel engine offers potent power (85kW/3600rpm) and torque (315Nm/2000rpm). It's the most powerful engine in the HiLux range, and the first electronically injected diesel engine in the one tonne 4x4 utility class.

The engine has a lightweight, compact, water-cooled turbocharger for a balance of performance, fuel economy and durability.

http://www.productreview.com.au/showite ... em_id=1461

mrboxman
Trinituner Peong

Postby mrboxman » February 4th, 2005, 7:40 pm

oh gosh i didnt mean no offense by dat i sincerly apologise

slim
Riding on 13's

Postby slim » February 4th, 2005, 7:47 pm

It was kinda funny to piktear tho Mr.Boxman. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

mrboxman
Trinituner Peong

Postby mrboxman » February 4th, 2005, 8:15 pm

watch nah after 9-11 i remember them showin footage on cnn of a hilux with that same description

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Re: Need a Review on Toyota HiLux

Postby supernedd » October 6th, 2018, 7:43 pm

damn this thread old ..lol year 2005.. sad thing is . i sure these hilux still.working good in 2018 . lol

jackal
Riding on 18's

Re:

Postby jackal » October 10th, 2018, 3:12 am

Team Loco wrote:
The bad thing though is the hub locking 4x4 system. Crappy!!! you have to come out and lock hubs for 4x4 system. cost $175,000.00 last time i checked. I would have bought this model if it wasn't for the hub locks. Oh, and you get the same crappy steel rims

Isn't the free locking hubs a plus?

You have the advantage of saving the components of the front differential and axels when the 4X4 is off.

Isn't these hubs sort after by true 4X4 drivers.

By the way bought one of these recently, them thing does work good and they strong. Looking for a set of lunchbox lockers for the front, free wheeling hubs will save the components.

Next is to lift and put on some 33s

Advertisement

Return to “Trucks & Pickups”