TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

looking to do my first Solodex, need some advice

Official Solodex Forum -
Please visit www.carstt.com for more info on Autocross (aka Solodex)

Moderators: CarsTT, CARSTT SoloDex, 3ne2nr Mods

trini240z
Street 2NR

looking to do my first Solodex, need some advice

Postby trini240z » May 6th, 2013, 8:53 pm

hi, i was thinking of taking part in my first Solodex.

just wanted some advice about criteria for entry, what i would need to enter, cost, membership?

dates of events, practices or driving schools, even if the season is over, when does it restart and how to prepare for the next season.

im currently not a member of any group so where can i start???

thanks everyone

whizpig
Sweet on this forum

Re: looking to do my first Solodex, need some advice

Postby whizpig » May 7th, 2013, 7:30 pm

trini240z wrote:hi, i was thinking of taking part in my first Solodex.

just wanted some advice about criteria for entry, what i would need to enter, cost, membership?

dates of events, practices or driving schools, even if the season is over, when does it restart and how to prepare for the next season.

thanks everyone

Ok I am going o attempt to answer your questions
Criteria for entry:
your vehicle must pass scrutineering - (road worthy tires(not bald), secure battery and battery poles, clear passenger cabin of anything that can roll, bounce, or slide and hamper the driver, this includes the mat by he driver's feet, clear drunk of anything that could slide roll or bounce and damage the car or force its way into the passenger cabin, fully functional brakes (hand/emergency brake included). there are other things but its essentially just to make sure that your vehicle is safe, basically rad worthy.

dress code - dress code does not allow sleeve-less
tops, short pants (3/4 included) or open toe shoes or slippers for drivers
or passengers while on the course and the wearing of helmets is mandatory.

Cost competition events - Non Member gate entry fee : $20.00
Members gate entry fee: Free
Non Member Driver Registration $140.00
Driver Registration for Members $120.00.
Helmet rental at $45.00 each.
Fun runs (time allowing) $20.00 for two runs (members) $30.00(non members)
consists of 4 - 6 times runs (number of runs and laps per run may vary from event to event)
tents are available for rent, must be requested prior to event by email or calling the executive

Cost BYCC event - All persons participating cost:$150
Gate fee for non members and spectators:$20
Helmets are on rental :$45
Format may vary from event to event (usually unlimited number of runs, time permitting)
tents are available for rent, must be requested prior to event by email or calling the executive

Membership - i honestly can't remember how much it is, but i think its like $100 or something like that for the year. signing up can be done at any event, but is usually done at the begining of the year at the dyno day event, where the cars are weighed, dynoed and inspected for class placement which apparently is necessary for eligibility for the championship. there is talk of having another dyno day to facilitate those that missed the first one (this is not a necessity participating at any given event, just for the championship).

Event dates - http://www.trinituner.com/UPLOADS/MATT- ... o-2013.jpg BYCCs are fun/practice/driving school events

preparation - make sure your car is in good working order, have clothes that meet the dress code. walk with :- collapsible chairs if you have them a hat and or umbrella for shade/shelter, drinking water and food. Most other stuff you'll learn about after you try it and determine if you want to get more involved. go to this website (its in need of updating but the following info hasn't changed) http://carstt.com/faq.html and read this page, and this page http://carstt.com/solodex.html, and send an email to carstt@gmail.com and request the rules. There are also lots of stuff on the forum geared towards helping new comers i suggest you seek them out (including a video of the last driving school where the basics of competitive driving were explained), and join the facebook group https://www.facebook.com/carsautocross if you are on facebook

ar05ant
Street 2NR

Postby ar05ant » May 7th, 2013, 9:01 pm

Good info here

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » May 8th, 2013, 9:51 am

whizpig wrote:Ok I am going o attempt to answer your questions

very well done

trini240z
Street 2NR

Postby trini240z » May 8th, 2013, 5:18 pm

thanks so much, lots of help, im going to attend the next event if i can.

María
3NE 2NR for life

Postby María » May 8th, 2013, 7:15 pm

great job whizpig.......membership is 150 for the year

Razkal
2NRholic

Postby Razkal » May 10th, 2013, 10:23 am

whizpig for PM !

OP, i hope your screen name indicates the participating car....it'll be awesome to have another rwd car at autocross events. that way, all the cone damages can't be blamed solely on me :lol:

see you at the next event hopefully 8)

trini240z
Street 2NR

Postby trini240z » May 10th, 2013, 1:20 pm

sadly not, i just got a Suzuki Swift Sport and want to see what its capable of. stock car so just want to see how it goes around a course

NLVA200
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby NLVA200 » May 10th, 2013, 2:04 pm

trini240z wrote:sadly not, i just got a Suzuki Swift Sport and want to see what its capable of. stock car so just want to see how it goes around a course

you'll be pleasantly surprised :mrgreen:

trini240z
Street 2NR

Postby trini240z » May 10th, 2013, 2:24 pm

well its actually a 2008 haha. it needs some work and definitely a service.

NLVA200
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby NLVA200 » May 10th, 2013, 2:41 pm

thats allright. i bought mine in 2009 and it's automatic. still performs quite well at dex.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » October 21st, 2013, 3:35 pm

:bump: regarding a PM

Razkal
2NRholic

Postby Razkal » October 22nd, 2013, 10:56 am

i hope he really brings a swift sport and leaves SS alone yes...cyah handle the stress! :lol:

whizpig
Sweet on this forum

Postby whizpig » October 22nd, 2013, 4:05 pm

a couple mods and a swift sport in SS normel . . . and the right mods could mean a real pain yuh arse in SS . . . . . and of course more importantly, good driver

KTS
3NE 2NR for life

Postby KTS » November 17th, 2013, 9:51 pm

whizpig wrote:
trini240z wrote:hi, i was thinking of taking part in my first Solodex.

thanks everyone

Ok I am going o attempt to answer your questions
Criteria for entry:
your vehicle must pass scrutineering - (road worthy tires(not bald), secure battery and battery poles, clear passenger cabin of anything that can roll, bounce, or slide and hamper the driver, this includes the mat by he driver's feet, clear drunk of anything that could slide roll or bounce and damage the car or force its way into the passenger cabin, fully functional brakes (hand/emergency brake included). there are other things but its essentially just to make sure that your vehicle is safe, basically rad worthy.

dress code - dress code does not allow sleeve-less
tops, short pants (3/4 included) or open toe shoes or slippers for drivers
or passengers while on the course and the wearing of helmets is mandatory.

Cost competition events - Non Member gate entry fee : $20.00
Members gate entry fee: Free
Non Member Driver Registration $140.00
Driver Registration for Members $120.00.
Helmet rental at $45.00 each.
Fun runs (time allowing) $20.00 for two runs (members) $30.00(non members)
consists of 4 - 6 times runs (number of runs and laps per run may vary from event to event)

Cost BYCC event - All persons participating cost:$150
Gate fee for non members and spectators:$20
Helmets are on rental :$45
Format may vary from event to event (usually unlimited number of runs, time permitting)

Membership - i honestly can't remember how much it is, but i think its like $100 or something like that for the year. signing up can be done at any event, but is usually done at the begining of the year at the dyno day event, where the cars are weighed, dynoed and inspected for class placement which apparently is necessary for eligibility for the championship. there is talk of having another dyno day to facilitate those that missed the first one (this is not a necessity participating at any given event, just for the championship).

Event dates - http://www.trinituner.com/UPLOADS/MATT- ... o-2013.jpg BYCCs are fun/practice/driving school events

preparation - make sure your car is in good working order, have clothes that meet the dress code. walk with :- collapsible chairs if you have them a hat and or umbrella for shade/shelter, drinking water and food. Most other stuff you'll learn about after you try it and determine if you want to get more involved. go to this website (its in need of updating but the following info hasn't changed) http://carstt.com/faq.html and read this page, and this page http://carstt.com/solodex.html, and send an email to carstt@gmail.com and request the rules. There are also lots of stuff on the forum geared towards helping new comers i suggest you seek them out (including a video of the last driving school where the basics of competitive driving were explained), and join the facebook group https://www.facebook.com/carsautocross if you are on facebook

Lots of info thanks!
I would like to compete at autocross 7
My car should pass scrutineering but since this will be my first event I will like to know what is a good time to show up in order to participate?

whizpig
Sweet on this forum

Postby whizpig » November 17th, 2013, 10:19 pm

not sure of the exact time, but before 10am, lets say 9 to be safe, it will most likely have ppl there from 8 or earlier and events usually kick off at 11.

KTS
3NE 2NR for life

Postby KTS » November 18th, 2013, 6:19 am

Thanks for the info

CARSTT SoloDex
3NE 2NR for life

Postby CARSTT SoloDex » November 18th, 2013, 11:23 am

whizpig wrote:not sure of the exact time, but before 10am, lets say 9 to be safe, it will most likely have ppl there from 8 or earlier and events usually kick off at 11.

9am or earlier would be excellent for a first time participant.
Lots of hints available by interacting while assisting those setting up the course.
They will tell you what's expected, how to interpret the corners and how to approach points along it.

Advertisement

Return to “CARS - Autocross (Solodex)”