TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

MEET WAS GREAT!!! Time Attack was bess!

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

MG Man
2NRholic

Re: MEET WAS GREAT!!! Time Attack was bess!

Postby MG Man » July 9th, 2013, 4:09 pm

what's the difference between a TTRC car hitting a lamp post and a GF car hitting a lamp post?
How would the resulting fallout be different?
Just trying to understand that particular argument

Computerman
Riding on 18's

Postby Computerman » July 9th, 2013, 4:20 pm

rcadiz wrote: I care about the reputation of motorsports on the roads and if its done the wrong way everyone loses.
Agreed. The perception of motorsport (IMHO) has improved over the past couple of years in the eyes of the general public. Let's keep it positive.

rcadiz wrote:I will be more than happy to help if it means more events happen as a result with more people interested in competing.
There are many persons with 'average' cars who would like to have safe, legal fun with their cars. But they are put off by the fact that 'all motorsport events in T&T' are run as a competitive event. I suppose until we have a 'home' for motorsport this will not change.

MG Man wrote:what's the difference between a TTRC car hitting a lamp post and a GF car hitting a lamp post?
Chance of survival is probably better in a TTRC car. No?!

mafia-boss
Street 2NR

Postby mafia-boss » July 9th, 2013, 4:25 pm

tr1ad wrote:
MG Man wrote:I wonder of the concerned clubs have extended an olive branch to Garage Fresh? Here is a group of guys with an awesome idea, which they have tried to execute. I admit I chose not to attend on the offchance police might shut it down and impound my lil old car...however, I think there is a HUGE opportunity to work with GF and really make this event and venue something great!
Roll cages? I'm not 100% sure this is an issue...you can take your Mazda6 (for example) road car to the Nurburgring and stuff it into the guardrail, but I don't see anyone banning it...
I sense an air of chessburn here.............these lil upstarts from south wanna have ah racing event?
NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nip this shyt in the bud oui

oh goar... you too?

i'm not saying it's a crap event...

hell from when he started, it would only be a matter of time before bigger and better

don't you take part in events in a controlled environment?
all i was asking was... is it controlled?
if it wasn't and something was to happen.... then loads more chessburn from those that can't take part anymore not so (base it on those that talk about soup car etc)
?
ambulance was on scene , wrecker waz on scene ,& radio communication was with all marshals & police didn't shut down the event bcuz it was passed thru the authorities unlike rally trinidad finale earlier this year which was shut down due to a bar license & the venue had NO ALCOHOL BEING SOLD

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » July 9th, 2013, 4:29 pm

mafia-boss wrote:
tr1ad wrote:
MG Man wrote:I wonder of the concerned clubs have extended an olive branch to Garage Fresh? Here is a group of guys with an awesome idea, which they have tried to execute. I admit I chose not to attend on the offchance police might shut it down and impound my lil old car...however, I think there is a HUGE opportunity to work with GF and really make this event and venue something great!
Roll cages? I'm not 100% sure this is an issue...you can take your Mazda6 (for example) road car to the Nurburgring and stuff it into the guardrail, but I don't see anyone banning it...
I sense an air of chessburn here.............these lil upstarts from south wanna have ah racing event?
NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nip this shyt in the bud oui

oh goar... you too?

i'm not saying it's a crap event...

hell from when he started, it would only be a matter of time before bigger and better

don't you take part in events in a controlled environment?
all i was asking was... is it controlled?
if it wasn't and something was to happen.... then loads more chessburn from those that can't take part anymore not so (base it on those that talk about soup car etc)
?
ambulance was on scene , wrecker waz on scene ,& radio communication was with all marshals & police didn't shut down the event bcuz it was passed thru the authorities unlike rally trinidad finale earlier this year which was shut down due to a bar license & the venue had NO ALCOHOL BEING SOLD

thank you sir for clearing that up for me

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » July 9th, 2013, 4:43 pm

Computerman wrote:
MG Man wrote:what's the difference between a TTRC car hitting a lamp post and a GF car hitting a lamp post?
Chance of survival is probably better in a TTRC car. No?!

so we back to 'no roll cage, no run'?

rcadiz
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby rcadiz » July 9th, 2013, 4:49 pm

Boy asking a few questions about an event on this forum is like disturbing a wasp nest.

Why can't people simply see a few inquiries being made, and potentially an offer to assist as a good thing, rather than people interpreting it as being told what to do?

Trying to convince me of the logic of racing in a fast street car will simply never happen, and we can agree to disagree there. It does not make it wrong just makes it unsafe in my eyes. Racing is competition, whether you deem the event as competitive or not, don't hide behind the description...as i said speed is speed. By all means keep doing the event. Best of luck.

Commenting any further seems pointless as it will probably be misinterpreted anyway. I'm out.

X2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X2 » July 9th, 2013, 5:22 pm

Problem is you are trying to place rules of other organisations on a promoter and/or club. Yet that same organisation doesn't even want to conform to the requirements of the NSO, so whilst comments are likely welcome, passing judgement isn't. If you are trying to come off as wanting to assist, the "e-tone" certainly isn't showing it.

It's one thing to want to help grow a new event versus wanting them to conform to a rule set from another discipline. As I see it, this was a grassroots effort, which I applaud... ALL racing has inherent risk, roll cage and fire extinguisher or not. ( If I'm not mistaken, a rally car recent;y bounce down a camera man... all protocols were observed.) We are not operating in another country, we are operating here in Trinidad, where Motorsport as a whole is risking extinction not due to safety concerns but due to lack of effort from government as well as bickering of private and business interests.

Props to Garage Fresh for a good showing... many of the comments are perfectly valid, so I hope you guys are reading them. A Road Race/Time Attack format is definitely something that I believe would become very popular in TnT.... it will definitely help promote interest in not just motorsport, but car enthusiasts as well. Not every car that races needs to be a race car.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » July 9th, 2013, 5:28 pm

tr1ad,
you asking and chessbunning about controlled environment.

did you read the part where its a dead end?
what does that mean to you

as far as at camden, was this a sanctioned event?
you too short of some cold ones by ming for reading / comprehension to take place right now orrrr?
so far those who i've spoken too have indicated they understood anything more than a drive was at their own risk. how do the two compare?

cadiz, i hear you. but the drive to mayaro from new grant on a work morning, or returning on a sunday is alot more unsafe than this event can be. not so tr1ad?

but in my view. not everyone can start at the same level.
especially when too many try to keep even the starting level for themselves.

mafia-boss
Street 2NR

Postby mafia-boss » July 9th, 2013, 5:40 pm

wagonrunner wrote:tr1ad,
you asking and chessbunning about controlled environment.

did you read the part where its a dead end?
what does that mean to you

as far as at camden, was this a sanctioned event?
you too short of some cold ones by ming for reading / comprehension to take place right now orrrr?
so far those who i've spoken too have indicated they understood anything more than a drive was at their own risk. how do the two compare?

cadiz, i hear you.

but in my view. not everyone can start at the same level.
especially when too many try to keep even the starting level for themselves.
very good point , b4 every vehicle run on the course coms were made with starting & 180° point to confirm that vehicles made thru the course , also every vehicle running the course had at least 3 practice runs to familiarize themselves with the course , there were cars competing with roll cages in the event

GarageFresh
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby GarageFresh » July 9th, 2013, 6:08 pm

rcadiz wrote:Not starting an online battle here but a few questions if anyone could answer would be great:
- What were the car safety regulations required - cage, seat, harness, etc?
- What were the marshaling procedures, starting order, radio communication on the course etc?
- Was there any thought of testing the driver's competence prior, i.e. not just a guy showing up in a 300+hp road car who 'says he can drive'?
- Did the event have Pub liability insurance?

Obviously I'm in support of all forms of motorsport but there is always the major concern that if and when an accident happens, will the authorities shut all of us down as a result?

I could be wrong but this event did not seem to be sanctioned or hosted by a recognized or experienced body. Again just asking questions and seeking some more info on the event? The TTRC has plans for hosting a similar tarmac time attack (2km) in Central before the end of the year, but the entries would be limited to cars with the proper safety. Unfortunately it does limit the entrants, but those measures save lives.

Looking forward to some responses.

wow! a lot went on in this thread.... firstly, I welcome your concerns Mr.Cadiz

now to answer your questions respectively....

- Helmet, Vehicle Inspection prior to entering the Timed Runs (cage was not mandatory)
- Marshalls were placed strategically on the course, with communication devices
- Drivers were allowed 3 runs to familiarize themselves with the course, and then the timing system, hence the reason for minimal entry at this event... everyone was allowed a fair chance to learn the track, and in some instances ; learn their cars better.
- Yes, the owners of the venue... since they were also a sponsor for the event

About your concerns, with respect to the authorities and shutting down events in case of a mishap - Minister Sharma was notified of the event, and it's nature... and dubbed it a Pirate Event, NOT an 'illegal' event. So therefore, we would have to face the consequences on our own, as opposed to sanctioned events controlled by official motorsport bodies. We are NOT an official motorsport body, well... at least right now we aren't.

The "Time Attack" was taken care of by Nicholas Rajpaulsingh, who is very much involved with the Timing System and Scrutineering at Drag & Wind, and well experience in events of this nature. He was also assisted by Mark Ramdhansingh, who is also no stranger to motor sport.

There were no Fire Trucks on site, but the venue is actually 15mins away from Princes Town Fire Station, however an Ambulance Service was on stand by at the venue for the afternoon, along with a Flat Bed tow truck.

This event was also limited to certain entrants, in order to maintain a controlled environment and a fun filled afternoon... with experienced drivers, and safe cars.

feel free to pm me, if you have any more questions.
I believe your inquiries were worth asking, and considered valid.

- Riaz

GarageFresh
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby GarageFresh » July 9th, 2013, 6:22 pm

photo coverage by Bocus Photography

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 547&type=1

GarageFresh
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby GarageFresh » July 9th, 2013, 6:59 pm

Thanks to Everyone who shows Support to this initiative, and wants to see it grow bigger, better & safer. Everything has to start somewhere right ?

Can you get a job today with no work experience ....?
would anyone have given us proper permission without any motorsport events under our belt?

....... yes, we had a safe - casualty free event , and I do consider it to be 'lucky', but allows us to gain attention, experience and show others what can be done with this venue, and we should try thinking 'out of the box' sometimes. We all have to take chances at some point in time, to show what can be done to attract the necessary attention to build on something. Now that this has been established, we are more than willing to take the necessary steps to make this 100% Official, Legal & Fun for all that are willing to participate. Maybe we are not acclaimed or recognized, but we are no stranger to the local car community and culture. Does this mean that we must limit our self, and our abilities as a body to just static displays ?

Just as the older heads have paved the way for others in politics, so too we have recognized what the older heads have accomplished, in what ever way for local motorsport. But so too, times have changed and young people are ready and waiting to accept active positions to see motorsport and the local car culture push forward, and release ourselves from a one track minded approach of profitability. Yes, everything has heavy expenses but it must not be the main drive towards something as important and loved as motorsport. Passion and interest should be the main drive, and this can be seen vividly through out our young population and vibrant youth.

Sometimes egos collide in the world of motorsport, when too many people seek interest in self gain, credit and popularity. When on the other side of this coin, there's an anxious movement of young blood willing to do it, out of pure love for motorsport and cars. With fresh, new ideas and unsurpassed zeal. Sometimes, all we need is a fair chance... that's all, even a listening voice at times. Too many times we see others seeking to dictate the actions of new comers and inexperienced individuals... Everyone can contribute to the bigger picture, in some form or the other.

mafia-boss
Street 2NR

Postby mafia-boss » July 9th, 2013, 7:36 pm

Garage Fresh[TRADE MARK SIGN] wrote:Thanks to Everyone who shows Support to this initiative, and wants to see it grow bigger, better & safer. Everything has to start somewhere right ?

Can you get a job today with no work experience ....?
would anyone have given us proper permission without any motorsport events under our belt?

....... yes, we had a safe - casualty free event , and I do consider it to be 'lucky', but allows us to gain attention, experience and show others what can be done with this venue, and we should try thinking 'out of the box' sometimes. We all have to take chances at some point in time, to show what can be done to attract the necessary attention to build on something. Now that this has been established, we are more than willing to take the necessary steps to make this 100% Official, Legal & Fun for all that are willing to participate. Maybe we are not acclaimed or recognized, but we are no stranger to the local car community and culture. Does this mean that we must limit our self, and our abilities as a body to just static displays ?

Just as the older heads have paved the way for others in politics, so too we have recognized what the older heads have accomplished, in what ever way for local motorsport. But so too, times have changed and young people are ready and waiting to accept active positions to see motorsport and the local car culture push forward, and release ourselves from a one track minded approach of profitability. Yes, everything has heavy expenses but it must not be the main drive towards something as important and loved as motorsport. Passion and interest should be the main drive, and this can be seen vividly through out our young population and vibrant youth.

Sometimes egos collide in the world of motorsport, when too many people seek interest in self gain, credit and popularity. When on the other side of this coin, there's an anxious movement of young blood willing to do it, out of pure love for motorsport and cars. With fresh, new ideas and unsurpassed zeal. Sometimes, all we need is a fair chance... that's all, even a listening voice at times. Too many times we see others seeking to dictate the actions of new comers and inexperienced individuals... Everyone can contribute to the bigger picture, in some form or the other.
couldn't have said it better

GarageFresh
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby GarageFresh » July 9th, 2013, 8:43 pm

video by: Riaz S. Ali

GarageFresh
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby GarageFresh » July 15th, 2013, 4:01 pm

8-) oh here's the thread.

MadCrix
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby MadCrix » September 16th, 2013, 2:50 pm

try as I may I cannot locate on google maps.. any chance you can share the gps coordinates?

SUPERMAN2
Trinituner Peong

Postby SUPERMAN2 » October 23rd, 2013, 9:33 am

anytime u having a next event like this again i will be there
keep up posted Garage Fresh

mark2.0
Riding on 17's

Postby mark2.0 » February 11th, 2014, 5:26 am

Good good...

Mr_Carz
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Mr_Carz » October 1st, 2014, 12:36 pm

Keep up the good work, it's about time the younger generation took charge of the things WE want to enjoy, not saying the older gear heads don't, they just afraid to think outside the box and actually do something.

Doh take off my head, just like what I see.

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”