Forums

HELP: Ford Ranger TDCI Automatic 2007 model

Tuning advice, problems and troubleshooting

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

turbofreek
Riding on 13's

HELP: Ford Ranger TDCI Automatic 2007 model

Postby turbofreek » January 22nd, 2013, 12:55 am

My vehicle takes approximately 4 tumbles to start which is about 15 secs per tumble, sometimes it doesn't even start or run down two or three batteries but when it starts it has the normal diesel smoke (light grey/black) for a few seconds and runs like nothing is wrong not even a rough idle, i will drive it for 1 hour constant and when i switch off it would not start back after a few tumbles again, so the mechanic said he sure it's not compression.

I did a scan and it proved that the EGR and the Camshaft sensor was bad, both was changed and had the same problem.
Another scan was done and it came up with a bad Crankshaft sensor, same was changed but had the same problem.
I even changed the Glow plugs to be on the safe side and also a full tune up (diesel filter, oil filter).

Carried it to a mechanic, he checked the timing, disconnected the alarm but no luck............need some help here or recommend me to someone.

Thanks

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: HELP: Ford Ranger TDCI Automatic 2007 model

Postby VexXx Dogg » January 22nd, 2013, 12:01 pm

Checked the fuel pump?

turbofreek
Riding on 13's

Postby turbofreek » January 22nd, 2013, 7:43 pm

We are in the process of checking the injectors and the fuel pump.

rmrunner
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby rmrunner » January 23rd, 2013, 9:49 am

try priming the pump, if the knob is not getting firm , it could be a pump problem

Dborse
Riding on 13's

Postby Dborse » July 26th, 2013, 3:07 pm

Man de it seem like fuel is running back in tank.Buy one of those clear fuel filter,hook it up on the inlet line before the primer pump and when you switch off watch and see if it is empty after a short while.If there is no fuel then this is your problem.The vehicle will start but after a few cranks because it starving for fuel.If this is your problem you can use a one way check valve to stop fuel from returning to the tank.

Advertisement

Return to “AUTOMOTIVE TECH”