Flow Internet Thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

kg494EJ-1
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Re: Flow Internet Thread

Postby kg494EJ-1 » June 1st, 2014, 6:50 pm

stev wrote:
scotty_buttons wrote:Flow really playing d ass recently. Service has been inconsistent since I moved to Valsayn. I'll work good for a week or two then back to slow speeds. Have the 20mbps packing and average download speeds are about 200-300 kilobytes. Reset the router several times ans still the same. I fed up waste money calling and waiting. Steups.

u sure the source u are downloading from not restricting u to 200 - 300kbps?

use a download manager...see if u get your speeds

stev, scotty is right I live in the same area and experience the same symptoms no matter the configuration or router I use. I have a 50mb connection and I'm lucky if I see a 20mb connection at most however during off peak hours 2a.m. - 6a.m. the speeds jump. On Thursday my average speed was 1-2 mbps overall,even on a proxy connection. Downloads themselves seem to peak to 500-800kbps.
In addition to speculation of throttling by Flow I have been monitoring it and from my observations they are definitely throttling not only torrents but video services or households on a whole,if not their service has just become total sheit. I've downgraded my package and I think I'll be doing it again as I am not getting what I paid for.

kerwinishere
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kerwinishere » June 1st, 2014, 7:04 pm

kg494EJ-1 wrote:
stev wrote:
scotty_buttons wrote:Flow really playing d ass recently. Service has been inconsistent since I moved to Valsayn. I'll work good for a week or two then back to slow speeds. Have the 20mbps packing and average download speeds are about 200-300 kilobytes. Reset the router several times ans still the same. I fed up waste money calling and waiting. Steups.

stev, scotty is right I live in the same area and experience the same symptoms no matter the configuration or router I use. I have a 50mb connection and I'm lucky if I see a 20mb connection at most however during off peak hours 2a.m. - 6a.m. the speeds jump. On Thursday my average speed was 1-2 mbps overall,even on a proxy connection. Downloads themselves seem to peak to 500-800kbps.
In addition to speculation of throttling by Flow I have been monitoring it and from my observations they are definitely throttling not only torrents but video services or households on a whole,if not their service has just become total sheit. I've downgraded my package and I think I'll be doing it again as I am not getting what I paid for.

I downgraded from that 50mbps package since they raised their packages from 5 to 10 and 15 to 20 etc. Since that 'upgrade' flow playing up in dey mc

sonygoup
Riding on 16's

Postby sonygoup » June 1st, 2014, 7:08 pm

kerwinishere wrote:
kg494EJ-1 wrote:
stev wrote:

I downgraded from that 50mbps package since they raised their packages from 5 to 10 and 15 to 20 etc. Since that 'upgrade' flow playing up in dey mc

Finally im not the only that noticed it..also they didnt configure there system to take the load of peak time usage! They said they did it over for my area but get like 6mb on peak time...

kg494EJ-1
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kg494EJ-1 » June 1st, 2014, 7:36 pm

kerwinishere wrote:I downgraded from that 50mbps package since they raised their packages from 5 to 10 and 15 to 20 etc. Since that 'upgrade' flow playing up in dey mc

I had a 100mb package because in my household we use alot of bandwidth, and over time I was not getting anywhere to those speeds and now same is to be said for the 50mb. I thinking of reducing again and even pelting back with their HD boxes, what a waste.

stev
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby stev » June 1st, 2014, 7:51 pm

i get the speeds some of u guys get (200 - 400kbps) if i downloading from most sites using Google chrome or firefox browser...

well i guess its the area then...i have no problem whatsoever otherwise with my 30Mbps connection. (Waterloo area)

i get 3.5 - 3.7MBps transfer rate using any download manager.

2.6 - 3.2MBps using uTorrent (random port each time I use as well as forced encryption)

never really noticed any change during peak / off peak hours.....will monitor for a few days and report back.

kerwinishere
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kerwinishere » June 1st, 2014, 8:36 pm

kg494EJ-1 wrote:
kerwinishere wrote:I downgraded from that 50mbps package since they raised their packages from 5 to 10 and 15 to 20 etc. Since that 'upgrade' flow playing up in dey mc

I had a 100mb package because in my household we use alot of bandwidth, and over time I was not getting anywhere to those speeds and now same is to be said for the 50mb. I thinking of reducing again and even pelting back with their HD boxes, what a waste.

As far as I see no ISP provides true speeds over 15mbps. Downgrade to the 10mb package

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » June 1st, 2014, 8:47 pm

stev wrote:i get the speeds some of u guys get (200 - 400kbps) if i downloading from most sites using Google chrome or firefox browser...

well i guess its the area then...i have no problem whatsoever otherwise with my 30Mbps connection. (Waterloo area)

i get 3.5 - 3.7MBps transfer rate using any download manager.

2.6 - 3.2MBps using uTorrent (random port each time I use as well as forced encryption)

never really noticed any change during peak / off peak hours.....will monitor for a few days and report back.

That's because you in the bush. Less densely populated and less people with flow = low network load

stev
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby stev » June 1st, 2014, 9:25 pm

:lol:

some truth to that actually...

Carbon12
Sweet on this forum

Postby Carbon12 » June 1st, 2014, 10:38 pm

Sundays are always the worst day to play games or stream, located central, called numerous times they said they will send a technician, they never called or showed up.

fouljuice
Shifting into 6th

Postby fouljuice » June 1st, 2014, 11:39 pm

kerwinishere wrote:As far as I see no ISP provides true speeds over 15mbps. Downgrade to the 10mb package

Nah. I just download a 1GB file at 2.3 - 2.5 MBps (using IDM speed limiter) while still being able to stream a 720p vid without buffering.

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » June 2nd, 2014, 11:28 pm

kg494EJ-1 wrote:

what u think happen with me..
had 30 originally, went to 20, now 10.
next time i cutting it off.
ive had 2 technicians come in the past 3 months. need "maintenance" to fix a signal issue from the pole and they dragging their feet on that.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » June 2nd, 2014, 11:37 pm

Anyone having intermittent connections around the San Fernando to Vistabella area?

Every 1-2 hrs so, the connection drops for about a 3-5 minutes then comes back.
Last edited by The_Honourable on June 2nd, 2014, 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sonygoup
Riding on 16's

Postby sonygoup » June 2nd, 2014, 11:38 pm

Really and truly if you leave flow who the hell else it have that good service?

kerwinishere
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kerwinishere » June 3rd, 2014, 4:43 am

sonygoup wrote:Really and truly if you leave flow who the hell else it have that good service?

Greendot :mrgreen:

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » June 3rd, 2014, 8:48 am

sonygoup wrote:Really and truly if you leave flow who the hell else it have that good service?

I rather save my money than pay for sheit

sonygoup
Riding on 16's

Postby sonygoup » June 3rd, 2014, 9:02 am

kerwinishere wrote:

Had em some years back every few days I had to call em
S_2NR wrote:

Seeing ur point but I sure having internet turn into a necessity in your household!

Trini Hookah
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Trini Hookah » June 3rd, 2014, 9:05 am

The_Honourable wrote:Anyone having intermittent connections a
round the San Fernando to Vistabella area?

Every 1-2 hrs so, the connection drops for about a 3-5 minutes then comes back.
I'm getting that in Chaguanas

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » June 3rd, 2014, 9:17 am

sonygoup wrote:
kerwinishere wrote:

Had em some years back every few days I had to call em
S_2NR wrote:

Seeing ur point but I sure having internet turn into a necessity in your household!

Beside the point..
Trinis need to put their money where their mouth is and stop paying for sheit. only then it will get better. i will do without flow for a while if i have to. may go back blink if i have to. blink is more reliable than this sheit flow want to put out.

M_2NR
not Admin

Postby M_2NR » June 3rd, 2014, 11:25 am

My flow pumping hard recently though. Even torrents worked. Like some ppl move out of my area it seems

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » June 4th, 2014, 12:54 pm

It have some rel morons working flow yes.
Maintenance say they change a "node". Mankind check the modem and every facking thing still the same.
Call them..got some kind of idiot. i dont even know how he get that job, he proceeds to ask me...

"What router im using because he cant recognise it?" (mac address cloned)

"How can i see the modem values?"

"What im using to see modem values?"

All this take half hour, most of which I was on hold waiting on this donkey to give me answers.
My downstream power is fackin 14 right now and these kants want me run two splitter on the line just to bring down the signal because it coming in way too hot.
and a technician was here just last week. like them technician doh talk to them and tell them the prognosis.

kants yes. flow like a dam rumshop.

anybody want a modem? come take it yes.

p.s. and before this whole ordeal i didnt know nothing bout no downstream bla bla bla, i learn all that sheit over time because this sheit going on so long.

Jet
Sweet on this forum

Postby Jet » June 4th, 2014, 1:24 pm

Which modem u have d old thin one or the new fat one

sonygoup
Riding on 16's

Postby sonygoup » June 4th, 2014, 1:25 pm

Ah forget which one pm me I want it :lol:

And flow hiring men with 5 cxc and csr experience no real IT experience as they should! You is not the first nor the last so instead of ranting do something i'll support ur because one nergo saying something is nothing to flow!

volcanosnowstorm
3NE 2NR for life

Postby volcanosnowstorm » June 4th, 2014, 1:36 pm

I take it all back... Lol

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » June 4th, 2014, 2:26 pm

this is the modem
brand new modem, same sheit.

anyway..
http://www.blinkbroadband.tt/residential-packages

10mb look good
never had so much issues with blink and they never throttled.
flow was good back in the day but now they are worse than blink ever was.

Trini Hookah
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Trini Hookah » June 4th, 2014, 2:42 pm

S_2NR wrote:this is the modem
brand new modem, same sheit.

anyway..
http://www.blinkbroadband.tt/residential-packages

10mb look good
never had so much issues with blink and they never throttled.
flow was good back in the day but now they are worse than blink ever was.

Yup. On BB10 you get a notification every time your router gives limited access...if I could find the screen shot of how many I had over a short period :@

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » June 4th, 2014, 4:48 pm

err is it normal US(guessing upstream) orange and flashing LINK(also orange) or all suppose to be green :\ ?
working good tho just want to know

volcanosnowstorm
3NE 2NR for life

Postby volcanosnowstorm » June 4th, 2014, 5:32 pm

All green, can't account for flashing, I think some are supposed to.

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » June 4th, 2014, 5:39 pm

gastly369 wrote:err is it normal US(guessing upstream) orange and flashing LINK(also orange) or all suppose to be green :\ ?
working good tho just want to know

You have a line problem. Us supposed to be green.
Good luck. You'll need it

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » June 4th, 2014, 6:03 pm

ee wokin so i eh messing with it
connected to same pole a node on if that makes any difference :lol:
FL server

flow

sonygoup
Riding on 16's

Postby sonygoup » June 4th, 2014, 6:10 pm

Lol my online orange and was told by a flow agent it should be green and that my router bad....Buys new Cisco router same color lol
Good thing i was already gonna buy a new router!

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”