Forums

Appendicitis| also looking for a nurse

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

kerwinishere
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Appendicitis| also looking for a nurse

Postby kerwinishere » June 8th, 2014, 2:35 am

I had a surgery done to remove my appendix yesterday morning any tuners went through this before? How long would this pain last
Last edited by kerwinishere on June 9th, 2014, 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Appendicitis

Postby De Dragon » June 8th, 2014, 3:18 am

Here's a wild idea,why not ask the doctor who did the surgery?

kerwinishere
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kerwinishere » June 8th, 2014, 3:19 am

Well I don't know if you seeing the time.....

jaggie
3NE 2NR for life

Postby jaggie » June 8th, 2014, 3:40 am

Aye dude, just about a week or so, depends on if you moving around or doing stuff to "hurt it up"..in 4-5 week you should be good to go....

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 8th, 2014, 4:05 am

kerwinishere wrote:Well I don't know if you seeing the time.....

:? :?
Everyone's threshold for pain, as well as their recovery rate differs, which is why you should have asked the doctor what typically is the average time for a full recovery.

equal2zero
3NE 2NR for life

Postby equal2zero » June 8th, 2014, 7:16 am

De Dragon wrote:

Everyone's threshold for pain, as well as their recovery rate differs, which is why you should have asked the doctor what typically is the average time for a full recovery.

Stop being a dick pal. He's asking people to share their experiences, what does asking a doctor have to do with it?

I did it about 3 years ago and the time for a full recovery was about 4 weeks. The only time I felt any notable pain was for a day or two immediately after the surgery, afterwards should be smooth with just a little discomfort on moving around

ronsin1
punchin NOS

Postby ronsin1 » June 8th, 2014, 7:28 am

equal2zero wrote:
De Dragon wrote:

Stop being a dick pal. He's asking people to share their experiences, what does asking a doctor have to do with it?

I did it about 3 years ago and the time for a full recovery was about 4 weeks. The only time I felt any notable pain was for a day or two immediately after the surgery, afterwards should be smooth with just a little discomfort on moving around

not defending anything but the doctor is the best person to ask I very much doubt this was the first surgery like this the doctor would have done. the experience the doctor has dealing with patients would give him to knowledge to answer the question given

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » June 8th, 2014, 7:28 am

Err was it open or laparoscopic appendicitis and it a matter if whether you had simple acute appendicitis or you waited long and rubbed Nara and thing like a fellow tuner first and waited until you had full blown peritonitis ! But the quicker you mobilize is the faster it should settle down in addition your doc should have given you pain medication

equal2zero
3NE 2NR for life

Postby equal2zero » June 8th, 2014, 7:38 am

ronsin1 wrote:
equal2zero wrote:
De Dragon wrote:

not defending anything but the doctor is the best person to ask I very much doubt this was the first surgery like this the doctor would have done. the experience the doctor has dealing with patients would give him to knowledge to answer the question given

Well if hasn't already asked his doctor then that's inexcusable on his part. This is probably the first question anyone asks the doctor after a surgery. Anyway my point is people who have done the surgery before can share their experience with the recovery without having to be a doctor.

goalpost
punchin NOS

Postby goalpost » June 8th, 2014, 8:23 am

I'm guessing you're talking about the surgery pain because the appendicitis pain should be gone now. The first night after the surgery was the worst mainly because of the anaesthesia. Afterwards it took about 4 weeks for the surgery pain/effect to go away.

kerwinishere
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kerwinishere » June 8th, 2014, 8:25 am

Laparoscopic.and yes it's after surgery pain. Any tunes want to share their experience?

Trini Hookah
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Trini Hookah » June 8th, 2014, 10:12 am

speedy recovery buddy, any specific reason the Appendicitis was brought on btw?

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » June 8th, 2014, 10:18 am

^^^^ there is no reason that appendicitis is brought on though. Well OP if it laparoscopic you are fortunately supposed to recover much faster because if the smaller ' key hole' incisions but it just a matter of how dehydrated and sick you were preoperatively. Rest up but in a few days if it was straight forward you should easily be back up on your feet. So just be positive and eat fairly normal and you should be good . Move about the house as much as possible and obviously no heavy lifting and you will be good to go. Things should only get better by tomorrow at least but if not then contact your doctor

kerwinishere
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kerwinishere » June 8th, 2014, 1:15 pm

Thanks. In the hospital til I get better. Had no solid foods since Friday morning. Would have been released today but my WBCC is high. (white blood cells count)
So hopefully tomorrow.

All I know is what the surgeon told me. My appendix was inflamed

brams112
punchin NOS

Postby brams112 » June 8th, 2014, 1:23 pm

kerwinishere wrote:I had a surgery done to remove my appendix yesterday morning any tuners went through this before? How long would this pain last

First time I ever did a surgery,first thing I ask is if goh hut?how long I will have to leave on the stitches?will taking out the stitches hurt?will it bleed?how long it will take to heal?good thing I have good flesh,most of the cuts healed with just a line on my skin,barely visible.

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » June 8th, 2014, 1:24 pm

Well yeah it was probably pretty bad if you are still there after 3 days so just take your time and move about and practice deep breathing exercises to open back up your lungs and the healing process will continue.

Pre
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Pre » June 8th, 2014, 8:43 pm

Did mine bout 20 years ago the old school way and it hurt like hell for about 4 days, I was back to normal after about two weeks though, hope u have a speedy recovery op

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » June 8th, 2014, 8:52 pm

Can your appendix be taken out before any problems happen?

Getting some weird pains these days. By my lower groin. Sometimes it's sharp and goes away fast. Other times it's mild and takes a few minutes to pass

Not sure how to approach it. Is there any test to do?
Or which doctor is good in this field

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » June 8th, 2014, 8:56 pm

Old school way is painful, long cut 4" or so going through all abdominal layers.

They gave my sister back hers in a little bottle.
Looked like a little pinky finger.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 8th, 2014, 11:05 pm

ronsin1 wrote:
equal2zero wrote:
De Dragon wrote:

Nah, better to come on 2NR and get a coupla replies than ask the doctor who has done dozens of them..........

javishm
punchin NOS

Postby javishm » June 8th, 2014, 11:24 pm

rest is important

kerwinishere
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kerwinishere » June 9th, 2014, 4:38 am

sound boy 64 wrote:Can your appendix be taken out before any problems happen?

Getting some weird pains these days. By my lower groin. Sometimes it's sharp and goes away fast. Other times it's mild and takes a few minutes to pass

Not sure how to approach it. Is there any test to do?
Or which doctor is good in this field

If you get a letter from a doctor yes.

Blood tests. If you have a high white blood cells count and your pain is in the lower right quadrant of your abdomen and moves to around you navel every so often its possible its your appendix. Also, fever is an indication. Loss of appetite, constipation and inability to pass gas. Could also be a kidney stone or Hernia.

Any qualified doctor would be sufficient

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”