Forums

Accident on UBH

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Re: Accident on UBH

Postby j.o.e » October 1st, 2014, 10:41 pm

Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:So the logic is people should police themselves (but we know they don't) and don't bother putting cable barriers?

Fcuk that. In the real world there are always those who do what they want and passive restraints are necessary. Also accidents do happen for other reasons besides speeding. All the philosophizing about what people should do with their brake pads, top speeds, vehicle maintenance yet this one stretch of the highway repeatedly has fatal accidents compared to the other sections with PROPER restraints. Save lives and forget the easy talk: put in fcukin cable barriers.

this

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » October 1st, 2014, 10:43 pm

pioneer wrote:I think you not supposed to give accident victims anything to drink, if it have any internal injuries they could choke n die or sumn so.

Only fluid is IV line.

Did not know that one. Thanks for the info.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » October 1st, 2014, 10:44 pm

Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:We need people to enforce our laws. One of the problems with trini is we raise the fines for all these things like speeding and drunk driving etc but nobody enforces it.

when was the last time allyuh hear ah man get charge for speeding in this place?

or ah man get a ticket for parking on a sidewalk and forcing a woman with a baby in a stroller to go into the dangerous rode to pass?

I see people ticketed for sidewalk parking all the time in Marabella.

The only way legally to deduce a cehicle's speed in Trinidad and Tobago is via timing the vehicle of a preset distance. After police find someone over the speed limit they walk out into the road and signal for the errant driver to stop. Good luck doing that sheit on the three lanes.

true, too bad all over El Dorado and Tunapuna and Piarco etc no one is ever ticketed for sidewalk parking near all those bars.

another thing we need is traffic light cameras. Too many people getting away with breaking these red lights and causing deadly accidents. My problem is not that they have amber and it turn red last split second eh thats no scene. Still takes 1 second for the other light to turn green even though current one has already turned red.

Its people who blatantly break the light 2 and 3 seconds after it turn red. And they have the nerve to blow horn hard to let people know they coming through.

DVSTT

Postby DVSTT » October 1st, 2014, 10:44 pm

That stretch need cable barrierd

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » October 1st, 2014, 10:48 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:
3stagevtec wrote:I wouldn't blame the speed so much.. is more the weaving in and out of traffic and the reckless driving that causes these accidents. Taking chances and playing a hero is to blame..

The thing is there is science behind it.

Regardless of reckless driving etc, at 80Km/h everyone has time to either come to a complete stop or if hit the accident won't be even remotely close to as bad as this.

Speeding is actually the core.

There was a study done that shows those who drive outside of the average driven speed on a road, are more at risk of causing or being involved in an accident. (IIRC). The average speed motorists drive on the highway is 95 - 100km/h from my experience.. Those who go faster (or much slower) than that are the ones who cause traffic pileups, frustration among other drivers = cause people to take unnecessary risk to avoid / pass them, etc etc.

It was shown that the accident rate actually went down in some countries where they RAISED the speed limits. Everyone likes to falsely blame 'speed'.. when there is much more to it.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » October 1st, 2014, 10:54 pm

^ I agree 100% that driving too slow on the highway is a dangerous thing.

However 80 is not slow. Nothing wrong with 90 but when you cross the 100 is the real problem.

I won't really call 90 speeding but under the eyes of the law even 81 is considered speeding apparently. You cannot cause accident with a man who driving 80 if you are coming in at 90~ the physics behind it will show it takes quite some time to catch up with that man who going 80, quite some time indeed.

One problem in Trini is people does want to drive slow on the right lane of the highway when it clearly says keep left except when overtaking. Don't understand that sheit they know people speeding but wanna drive 80 on the right.

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » October 1st, 2014, 10:58 pm

How is it other countries have speed limits well above 80km but don't have problems with fatal accidents in large numbers?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 1st, 2014, 10:59 pm

That piece of road is well known for speed accidents,
But they are usually caused by south bound speeders losing control and skating out just like at caroni exit southbound.
This case of northbound crossing median is different but same results nevertheless
Really needs barriers

Trini Hookah
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Trini Hookah » October 1st, 2014, 11:00 pm

Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:How is it other countries have speed limits well above 80km but don't have problems with fatal accidents in large numbers?

More intensive vehicle inspections? *shrug*

But lets leave that for another thread Bunny.

ECIGTT
3NE 2NR for life

Postby ECIGTT » October 1st, 2014, 11:02 pm

The person that cause this is a egg layer. simple as that. driving to fast

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » October 1st, 2014, 11:03 pm

I drive 80 - 100max and it does really annoy the hell out of me to be passing someone driving slower than me in the right lane.. and if you follow them long enough, you will see just how many people they annoy and force to overtake on the left..

I passed the area of the accident just a few minutes before it occurred today, had medium to heavy traffic at the time..

Black Scorpion
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Black Scorpion » October 1st, 2014, 11:04 pm

^^ As soon as u reach the tip of Chaguanas Flyover heading north its basically downhill so to speak, thats where the acceleration increases as well as the weaving in and out of traffic because naturally people slow down around Chaguanas exit.

Cross Blood
Sweet on this forum

Postby Cross Blood » October 1st, 2014, 11:25 pm

3stagevtec wrote:
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:
3stagevtec wrote:I wouldn't blame the speed so much.. is more the weaving in and out of traffic and the reckless driving that causes these accidents. Taking chances and playing a hero is to blame..

The thing is there is science behind it.

Regardless of reckless driving etc, at 80Km/h everyone has time to either come to a complete stop or if hit the accident won't be even remotely close to as bad as this.

Speeding is actually the core.

There was a study done that shows those who drive outside of the average driven speed on a road, are more at risk of causing or being involved in an accident. (IIRC). The average speed motorists drive on the highway is 95 - 100km/h from my experience.. Those who go faster (or much slower) than that are the ones who cause traffic pileups, frustration among other drivers = cause people to take unnecessary risk to avoid / pass them, etc etc.

It was shown that the accident rate actually went down in some countries where they RAISED the speed limits. Everyone likes to falsely blame 'speed'.. when there is much more to it.

So true.
Driving on the UBH 65 - 80km/hr feels so risky when majority of the drivers drive at 90 - 100km/hr. I'm not saying they should raise the speed limit but try to regulate the speed of drivers on the highway. Also the constant switching of lanes need to stop.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » October 1st, 2014, 11:57 pm

Trini Hookah wrote:
Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:How is it other countries have speed limits well above 80km but don't have problems with fatal accidents in large numbers?

They don't have our piece of sheit driving test which so many still can't pass even with an automatic vehicle, that they then take the alternative of buying their permit. With even less skill / awareness but yet out on the road.

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby cinco » October 2nd, 2014, 12:16 am

wagonrunner wrote:
Trini Hookah wrote:

They don't have our piece of sheit driving test which so many still can't pass even with an automatic vehicle, that they then take the alternative of buying their permit. With even less skill / awareness but yet out on the road.

My experience with the us driving test wasnt any better than ours.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » October 2nd, 2014, 12:38 am

nervewrecker wrote:I does feel to reach into the TV and slap ian alleye for being such an attention whore. Asking where the police and ambulance, they was by caura liming. Super pantyman should tell people on TV to pay attention to what behind them so ambulance and police wouldn't have to stop behind every driver and wait for them to move.
What purpose did his presence serve at that scene?

Rip to the deceased though. PD* plates on the tiida, maybe buy their permit too.

ironically the same accident the ambulance responding to creating traffic that keeping them back - why don't we use helicopters in these circumstances? over an hour (according to Ian).

jm3
12 pounds of Boost

Postby jm3 » October 2nd, 2014, 1:00 am

redmanjp wrote:
nervewrecker wrote:I does feel to reach into the TV and slap ian alleye for being such an attention whore. Asking where the police and ambulance, they was by caura liming. Super pantyman should tell people on TV to pay attention to what behind them so ambulance and police wouldn't have to stop behind every driver and wait for them to move.
What purpose did his presence serve at that scene?

Rip to the deceased though. PD* plates on the tiida, maybe buy their permit too.

ironically the same accident the ambulance responding to creating traffic that keeping them back - why don't we use helicopters in these circumstances? over an hour (according to Ian).

you know how much money it would cost to send a helo for one injured person? where are we going to land aswell? that same money could buy concrete dividers, radar guns active traffic policing and speed cameras.

srnoth
Trinituner Peong

Postby srnoth » October 2nd, 2014, 1:03 am

cinco wrote:
wagonrunner wrote:
Trini Hookah wrote:

My experience with the us driving test wasnt any better than ours.

Agreed... the test in Florida doesn't even involve leaving the yard. And there are no vehicle inspections. Not even the pseudo inspections we have in Trinidad. Licensing office (aka DMV) doesn't even need to see the car when you purchase/transfer... just the paperwork needs to be in order. Same with insurance... they write you a policy without ever laying eyes on the car. We like to blame the "systems" in Trinidad but let's be honest... it's primarily the drivers' faults.

Going back and forth between driving in both countries, the biggest difference is that in the US, you don't get the massive differences in speed. So the limit on the highway is 70mph (110km/h), and for the most part the slowest drivers (e.g. trucks) are doing 65mph (in the slow lane mostly) and the "speeders" are doing 75-80mph in the fast lane. (Difference of 10 to 15mph or 20 to 25km/h). Where as in Trinidad you have the slowest drivers doing 40 or 50kph (less than 30mph) in any random lane, and the "speeders" doing 140+ km/h (80+ mph) in any random lane. That is almost three times the speeds of the slower drivers, and at those comparative speeds there is so little time to react if the slower driver decides to change lanes without looking (aka the "bad drive" that everyone is always blaming).

UK Premium Imports
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby UK Premium Imports » October 2nd, 2014, 2:34 am

The yellow cedia wagon is a tuner. Sorry to see.

kg494EJ-1
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kg494EJ-1 » October 2nd, 2014, 5:39 am

Srnoth, I agree with you 100%, something I have noticed over the years of driving in Trinidad and Internationally is the mindset of Trinibagonian driver is bad and needs to be changed, up to yesterday while I was heading East (morning) just after the Beetham Highway around VMCOTT, in the Right lane (overtaking lane) was doing 90 just to pass vehicles (I like to stick to the keep left rule) when a car length away a driver of a L300 decides he wants to overtake and just pulls out (no signal, nothing) and to insult to injury he just matches the speed of the truck forcing me and the vehicles behind to slow right down, one driver was scrambling behind me to slow down, and at the end while I waited for him to go back left it seems he was comfy in the right lane so everyone had to go around him.

While we can say speeding is to blame and leave it at that it goes into the root entire system. I don't know how many tuners have had the opportunity to visit Europe in particular Germany but they take driving as serious business from teaching emergency maneuvers, the varying license system, to the keep right or polizei will ticket you for driving to slow in the overtaking lane (its even worst on the Autobahn they are very strict on enforcement).

Road infrastructure plays a major part no matter what any TnT government states road building is more that digging up and laying pitch, something we don't seem to understand and should take a class from the Europeans and Japanese. For example the recently completed North to South interchange in certain sections water pools up like its a beauty pond, the road is waving, the lines are painted away from the physical groove of the road and the list goes on.

Not until someone with the right expertise and conviction is in charge would we see any improvements because I'm sure at some point any one of us in this room has fallen victim to these terrible conditions.
Fact of the matter is on every major roadway their needs to be barriers cable, concrete does matter in many of these accidents its and innocent that loses their life.

In addition the potholes that seem to appear overnight need to disappear at the same rate, the paving of good roads to make them worse needs to stop in addition to the annual get rid of the extra budget funds and the is election time so roads for all.

Quality Assurance is something we lack greatly and some citizens pay for it sometimes with their lives.

Also as stated earlier in the thread ENFORCEMENT is KEY but proper infrastructure is needed.

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » October 2nd, 2014, 5:50 am

kg494EJ-1 wrote:. . .Quality Assurance is something we lack greatly and some citizens pay for it sometimes with their lives.

Also as stated earlier in the thread ENFORCEMENT is KEY but proper infrastructure is needed.

:| Buh dan, it have man callin the Kamla et. al. the Proper Paving Government in the Highway Works thread.

Ian Alleyne should go and investigate the MOWI - PURE under which most of the paving works are being carried out. That programme is full of corruption. Contractors are carrying out poor quality work and getting paid for it. Don't even go down the road about value for money because there is no competitive bidding in MOWI - PURE. The field and laboratory test results show the asphalt is not acceptable and instructions come right from the top for the payment certificates to be processed for payment.

Trini Hookah
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Trini Hookah » October 2nd, 2014, 6:07 am

podPOD wrote:The yellow cedia wagon is a tuner. Sorry to see.

Is that nivek by chance?

DVSTT

Postby DVSTT » October 2nd, 2014, 9:44 am

Trini Hookah wrote:

Is that nivek by chance?

Damn.

- Rovin's car audio -
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby - Rovin's car audio - » October 2nd, 2014, 10:34 am

i tort this story wud made big headlines today but express only had a lil 3"x3" size story quite down page 10 or so .... :? :roll:

i watched d vid with ian .... :cry:, really made u wonder to see how everybody involved was in a state shock especially d poor taximan sitting down in d driver seat probably totally unaware of what happen to d person sitting right behind him , cant imagine what d lady family went thru yesterday when they saw her like that

R.I.P to d lady ....

Mercenary
Riding on 18's

Postby Mercenary » October 2nd, 2014, 11:06 am

Speeding kants.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » October 2nd, 2014, 11:11 am

Now I know why this government paved over the grassy median and planted flowers, rather than put cables...it's so they can provide free flowers on site for the fallen....such a loving government

vishal.hd
Street 2NR

Postby vishal.hd » October 2nd, 2014, 11:32 am

And some chupid fellas go pass that traffic and start to speed back again driving like asses

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » October 2nd, 2014, 11:45 am

MG Man wrote:Now I know why this government paved over the grassy median and planted flowers, rather than put cables...it's so they can provide free flowers on site for the fallen....such a loving government

:shock:

TriniAutoMart
Riding on 16's

Postby TriniAutoMart » October 2nd, 2014, 11:47 am

Team Loco wrote:Tiida was northbound in centre lane. Switch lanes to the right and clipped car in front. Lost control and crossed median. Missed the first on coming car but then ploughdd into the side of the almera, killing the backseat passenger. Then the tiida crashed head on into the yellow cedia. Woman who died had her head crushed.

RIP to her.

From your account here it would seem that the driver of the Tiida is at fault.
Or did I misinterpret your account?

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » October 2nd, 2014, 11:56 am

Trini Hookah wrote:

Is that nivek by chance?

Nah, not him.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”