TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Incorrect classing of cars at Solodex

Official Solodex Forum -
Please visit www.carstt.com for more info on Autocross (aka Solodex)

Moderators: CarsTT, CARSTT SoloDex, 3ne2nr Mods

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Re: Incorrect classing of cars at Solodex

Postby wagonrunner » October 8th, 2014, 5:57 pm

chris1388 wrote:Karl I Fedup tell you just say my name when you throwing those lil boy comments, I urge you to go back in time and prove where I ever raced outside of the current rules or past rules to win and hence make what I am speaking of now ironic or "karma".
again ironic.

I don't care to speak to you. and here is an example why once again.
chris1388 wrote: I have told you all this car was 2wd when it was on the dyno and is now 4wd.
On what basis are you SLANDERING another competitor, saying his car went from AWD to RWD for the dyno and back to AWD?
since yuh TELLING people nah. what's your proof?

and when it shows that you don't have any? what you gonna do?
apologize, or shout loudly and TELL more about something else? (as you have done to me, which resulted in my stance on interacting with you)

The last time you were proven wrong, you stated on these forums you were taking the advice of not paying me any attention. Did that advice have an expiry date? Because I was enjoying the peace.

zakowski
Street 2NR

Postby zakowski » October 8th, 2014, 6:15 pm

Simple to end all of this , Chris if you think that you have a problem with the classification of the car lodge your protest as per our rules . It is as simple as that. Instead of making all this fuss on this forum. It is not in the best way to voice the way you feel which my be to the annoyance of others even though you have a right to your opinion. Keep the peace .

ng357
3NE 2NR for life

Postby ng357 » October 8th, 2014, 6:22 pm

I think he meant the car was rwd when first dynoed and then properly co better to 4wd.

That in my eyes is not the issue and I don't know the drivetrain layout of the vehicle presently or previously.

All in all the POINT of this was that it SEEMED like the power of the car increase and nothing was said and it SEEMED like the weight was recorded wrongly.
Also when accused of having a boost controller the drive came her to say he does not have a boost controlled fitted.... then a photo was posted with a boost controller mounted neatly in the car. Now its said that its there sometimes......
We all cool here, let's put what ever small talk aside we all cool :D

ng357
3NE 2NR for life

Postby ng357 » October 8th, 2014, 6:24 pm

With all that said a competitor wanted to have the car checked properly and is willing to pay to contest it.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » October 8th, 2014, 6:40 pm

ng357 wrote:With all that said a competitor wanted to have the car checked properly and is willing to pay to contest it.
allyuh would determine then why it was even said here.
On the day, pay protest fee and start proceedings. :|

$100 protest fee which never increased used to cover the $50 pull (as a club favor) on the dyno by audi. It should really be adjusted to $500 to cover dyno prices and costs of dinner for volunteer executive time.

chris1388
Riding on 18's

Postby chris1388 » October 8th, 2014, 6:52 pm

I said I am willing to pay what ever fee to have the car scrutineered, unfortunately I am not in the country so I can't do so as yet...I have also said I will rest my case if the said car is indeed 173whp and 3300lbs and as such is a ESP car. I said the car had a boost controller....the owner said no....someone else post a pic of it on the engine then it gone to it don't be hooked up. The car was rwd at the beginning of the year....it was said over the PA time and time again while the car was on course.....does it takes a genius to recognize a 2wd rwd from a 4wd now? It's plain to see now the car is not what not what it was and nothing has been declared so that classing can be adjusted if need be.

I not even competing in SS for the year so this have nothing to do with my benefit....I just find the correct thing needs to be done....just because it don't affect me don't mean nothing should be said. Everybody competing in this thing and everybody deserves a fair chance as per the rules. Karl you accusing me as my car of having unfair advantage years now and I've always won fair.....you bring your proof that I ever ran at solodex and won an event or class championship unfairly instead of always throwing some sort of stupid comment.

Ramon is days now I asking for a response from anyone of you until Dave gave one. The rules clearly state about boost controllers that they are points, it doesn't say anything about having it on the car and not being penalized.

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » October 8th, 2014, 7:47 pm

What rwd to awd vehicle is this?

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby wagonrunner » October 8th, 2014, 7:48 pm

My proof.......

An ep and ss competitive car that won lower classes because that's where the driver was comfortable. Not where is should be.

Unless of course the car got better

chris1388
Riding on 18's

Postby chris1388 » October 8th, 2014, 8:33 pm

I won ESP with a bone stock ignis sport on lowering springs on street tires in my second year at solodex...what's the problem ? You have a problem with the rules....not me or my car....as per the rules the car was where it should have been.
I then put on coil overs and race tires and stepped up in class in my 3rd year at dex and won SS class...again where did i cheat or go outside the rules ?
My 4th year at dex I was away for more events than I was home for and ran the car SS again unchanged...now this my fifth year i voluntarily put the car in EP class even tho as per the rules it was a SS car....getting licks all year this year and not complaining...what is your point Karl?
Two events ago i was on street tires and coil overs alone hence making my car a legal ESP car....but did I choose to take the easy route and run ESP? No I ran SS with the ESP car voluntarily and was able to place second and and no it wasn't second to the impreza....I loss fair and square to Moses.
Please prove your point Karl.....what you find my car should run EP on street tires ? That fair as per the rules?

chris1388
Riding on 18's

Postby chris1388 » October 8th, 2014, 8:41 pm

Furthermore three ignis sports were running back then plus Brandon Steele in a swift sport also in ESP but you single me out as sandbagging to win?

When devi won ESP the year before with the swift that was miles ahead of everything else in ESP....why you didnt accuse him?
When amir did the same thing I did BEFORE me with the same car using the same mods and won the same classes as me.....why you didnt accuse him?
When Pete was miles ahead of other ES competitors for a season with his swift.....why you didnt accuse him?
When Steven Hosein was miles ahead of the rest of ESP this year self on YOUR watch as a committee member until I proved the car was incorrectly classed.....why you didnt open your mouth and accuse him?

But you quick to accuse me of sandbagging when I consistently went up in class with the car and running it out of class now just to silence men and I taking my licks normal. It plain for everybody to see how desperate you are just to accuse me only of sandbagging/cheating or what ever it is, when I have nothing to hide.

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » October 8th, 2014, 9:06 pm

My using 220bhp comes from multiplying the 174 whp by 1.25 to get bhp eh

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby wagonrunner » October 9th, 2014, 12:10 am

chris1388 wrote:That fair as per the rules?

so you and the rules say the answer is yes. my english was clear.
wagonrunner wrote:from viewtopic.php?f=28&t=530243&p=7480383&hilit=graph#p7480383
wagonrunner wrote:Lets say two vehicles of same model, so weight / suspension etc same, even same horsepower.
So by W/P rules they're in the same class, but this is the merged dyno graph.

The two cars in the graph would perform the same ent? Same weight and HP after all.

That question and graph demonstrate the problem at the root of the system but do continue to use it as your consolation.
Last edited by wagonrunner on October 9th, 2014, 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

iDynamic
Riding on 18's

Postby iDynamic » October 9th, 2014, 1:07 am

Pete i really don't recall what class I was in at the time , it doesn't matter anymore seeing that I was not the only one that had a huge problem with the classing.

I already registered for the year so I will be back maybe at the next event to give it a fresh try again instead of fully giving up.

chris1388
Riding on 18's

Postby chris1388 » October 9th, 2014, 1:34 am

So I ask again.....why you don't hold that against devi, pete and amir who all won championships in similar cars?

My ignis special?

Well everybody look karl find the secret to winning with zero driving skill.....

Buy a ignis sport.....mine is for sale btw.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby wagonrunner » October 9th, 2014, 1:59 am

Lol. That was said years ago. But here we are at the one point you can argue, because the others were the ones you lost

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » October 9th, 2014, 11:30 am

Guys between the both of you, I think we can find a decent solution. Past is past and what was said is history. Imo if both of you, and a few others sit down, we can channel all this energy and intelligence into a better system for everyone. I consider both of you my friends and I think we can all work together to the benefit of all. Let's just drop the current debate and focus on moving forward. Yeah?
Don't do it for me. Do it for Rodney King

moti
punchin NOS

Postby moti » October 9th, 2014, 12:16 pm

Yeah, so when is the AGM planned for?

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » October 9th, 2014, 3:33 pm

I think it would take too much time to debate changing the rules at an AGM without some idea of what we are looking to accomplish.

A meeting about proposed rule changes should be done first to narrow down what changes we make etc. I don't know how many people would be willing to meet to discuss that, maybe we need to get some feedback from others on what they would like to have changed etc etc then try to get some members together to meet and decide.

Historically the AGM is normally done before the last couple events so that the new executive can learn how to run the event before taking over for the following year. I don't know if a date has been decided as yet though.

chris1388
Riding on 18's

Postby chris1388 » October 11th, 2014, 9:46 pm

SS-OLATUNJI RUDDER-SUBARU IMPERZA 175whp 210bhp 3104lbs 14.8w/pwr 3 COIL OVERS 2 FOR SWAY BAR

The above was quoted from 2013 championship season on an excel document that was sent out by the committee.

Clearly it is scene when this car was indeed weighed on the scales in 2013 it weighed 3104lbs......this year when no weighing was performed and the owners asked for an "estimate" all of a sudden the same car jump to 3300lbs.....nobody from the committee bother to check this spreadsheet back from the year before that has a lot of the weights of the same cars in the 2014 and cross reference it with what was given for 2014.

Ramon, Dave anybody else......care to give an explanation?
Last edited by chris1388 on October 11th, 2014, 9:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ng357
3NE 2NR for life

Postby ng357 » October 11th, 2014, 9:49 pm

lol that must have been due to some change possibly a diff, or cage or 2 extra people in the car lol (joke) or a BIG turbo :D :D .. but like the they forget to update the power....

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » October 11th, 2014, 11:49 pm

My car need sum of that magic puff yes lol

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » October 12th, 2014, 12:59 am

200lbs .... That could be one person :smile:

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » October 12th, 2014, 1:00 am

U don't weigh with person in the car. I call bs on the weight

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » October 12th, 2014, 1:12 am

The weight of an original 2002 Sti inclusive of a full tank of fuel is 3100lbs. A spec c and ts weigh a lot less. I have an original 2006 Sti which is 3268lbs and the 06 is the heaviest model Sti built to date. My weight was inclusive of additional bracing, full tank of fuel, methanol 5 gallons and myself to properly corner balance the car...at that time I weigh 156lbs....I had aftermarket wheels which weigh more than the factory wheels n tires...

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » October 12th, 2014, 1:14 am

Now you will have to excuse me cause I haven't been to dex for the longest while.
Anyhow I am stating my observation that some drivers have a weight advantage over other drivers.
Some drivers just have more "success ballast" than others :smile:

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » October 12th, 2014, 1:17 am

Hahaha I hear u

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » October 12th, 2014, 10:23 am

Said car is not a wrx nor a sti I believe

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » October 12th, 2014, 10:31 am

Therefore the weight cannot be the weight of a Wrx or Sti. That's what is being said yet the committee accept a weight without doing proper weighing...

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » October 12th, 2014, 8:46 pm

I also find that an average driver weight should be added to the vehicle weight as the driver weight affects low weight cars more than heavy cars. Like in a 3000lb car 150 lbs driver weight is a 5% increase but in a 2000 lb car it's a 8% increase in weight.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby wagonrunner » October 12th, 2014, 10:24 pm

the time of meals and quantities hadda be in the rules too?
yuh could get food by the pound in pecos for weigh day, and race light after yunno. :lol:

Advertisement

Return to “CARS - Autocross (Solodex)”