Forums

South of the Caroni Bridge ?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

zoom rader
TunerGod

Re: South of the Caroni Bridge ?

Postby zoom rader » April 2nd, 2015, 9:44 am

brainchild wrote:I haven't noticed any changes I'd attribute to govt...but dats unimportant. I agree dat the pp has touched previously untouched areas, but isn't dat their job? I don't get why we keep praising and bashing govts based on d most basic part of their jobs. That's like judging the police solely on their ability to direct traffic while crimes remain unsolved. What about all d scandals, blatant corruption (which no one with common sense can deny), allegations of corruption, shifty legislation, waste of tax payers money thru dependency promoting programmes?
I guess I would be classed as a swing voter bcos I don't just pledge allegiance and follow blindly, I'm willing to vote for whoever can get d job done right. But it's high time we stop bickering about these petty issues and start coming out as trinis and calling for proper legislation, an update of the archaic ones we still have in place and more. That's wats holding us back. Tell me I'm wrong!

Development of south is no petty issue. To understand this you need to lived through the years of PNM neglect and abuse in south.

brainchild
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby brainchild » April 2nd, 2015, 10:40 am

I think your exaggerating...you talking about bad roads, drains and a couple health and community centres, it's not like ppl were starving then and have had those conditions reversed. The poor then are still poor today. If things were so bad why weren't we seeing ppl marching in front parliament demanding development in south Trinidad? Instead we're supposed to accept the poor management skills of the pp govt in exchange for southern upgrading? If they had at least changed their style of governing within d last year I might have given it a second thought, but it's gotten way too blatant at this point. I'm hoping there's an independent candidate it my area so I can blank them both. We need trinbagonians who are concerned with the welfare and future of trinbago! Is that so hard seeing that they live here too?

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » April 2nd, 2015, 11:51 am

South ppl love to cry lack of development without recognizing that by definition living in a rural area means you live in an area with less services.

No matter what country you go to ppl who live in urban areas have more services than rural. Greater population density makes it easier to deliver services because it is less expensive based on volume. Paving 1km in a rural area would benefit 100 ppl while in an urban area it would benefit 1000.

I lived north of the Caroni bridge for most of my life and I had to move south because I work in the oil and gas sector. Most countries oil producing areas I have visited Venezuela, Gulf of Mexico, Colombia, Suriname, etc choose to have their hq far from the fields but in the area capital which is an urban area. Trinidad is the only country I know that maintains its operations and administration in the rural field. This has boded well for south residents as unemployment is always low, agriculture is dying because industry pays more, jobs for educated and uneducated, small contractors become millionaires, nepotism is endemic in South based companies giving a bias against Northerns, and many other advantages that south boast of over north.

It is only in recent times that South now has a demand for services. The last gas boom increase the income of many in TT and there was an increase in car ownership and traffic in many areas in south where there wasn't. The then govt began the process of prospecting an extension of the freeway which already exists to Sando. This govt was fortunate to inherit a shovel ready project. Nevertheless the soil type in south isn't stable thus roads are always in need of repair more so than north. As an island freshwater was always limited and successive govts have been building on improving the supply, the last UNC admin promised water for all, a desal plant was complete after the and we got more sources of water. But today the govt addedno new sources but claim prior to them only 18% got water and now 73% get today :roll:

Development in south is coming as south gets more urban. If those who blame the govt for neglecting south then why did the private sector avoid south? Why only now South is getting a multiplexes, restaurants, department stores, digital cable connections and other creature comforts Northerns and even Tobago had for years?

Pitting the south development against north development is a political tactic to rise up the UNC rural base.

RASC
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RASC » April 2nd, 2015, 12:16 pm

No South Had Nuttin... You lie

orangefox
Riding on 16's

Postby orangefox » April 2nd, 2015, 12:20 pm

^^

Yes .. this is right on target ! :D :D :

"Pitting the south development against north development is a political tactic to rise up the UNC rural base."

But ..

South was or still is a dead end place.

Only had Gulf City Mall which is a sham.

But recently has some "private" business upgrade.

What PP or Gov't have to do with this ?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » April 2nd, 2015, 12:35 pm

Habit7 wrote:South ppl love to cry lack of development without recognizing that by definition living in a rural area means you live in an area with less services.

No matter what country you go to ppl who live in urban areas have more services than rural. Greater population density makes it easier to deliver services because it is less expensive based on volume. Paving 1km in a rural area would benefit 100 ppl while in an urban area it would benefit 1000.

I lived north of the Caroni bridge for most of my life and I had to move south because I work in the oil and gas sector. Most countries oil producing areas I have visited Venezuela, Gulf of Mexico, Colombia, Suriname, etc choose to have their hq far from the fields but in the area capital which is an urban area. Trinidad is the only country I know that maintains its operations and administration in the rural field. This has boded well for south residents as unemployment is always low, agriculture is dying because industry pays more, jobs for educated and uneducated, small contractors become millionaires, nepotism is endemic in South based companies giving a bias against Northerns, and many other advantages that south boast of over north.

It is only in recent times that South now has a demand for services. The last gas boom increase the income of many in TT and there was an increase in car ownership and traffic in many areas in south where there wasn't. The then govt began the process of prospecting an extension of the freeway which already exists to Sando. This govt was fortunate to inherit a shovel ready project. Nevertheless the soil type in south isn't stable thus roads are always in need of repair more so than north. As an island freshwater was always limited and successive govts have been building on improving the supply, the last UNC admin promised water for all, a desal plant was complete after the and we got more sources of water. But today the govt addedno new sources but claim prior to them only 18% got water and now 73% get today :roll:

Development in south is coming as south gets more urban. If those who blame the govt for neglecting south then why did the private sector avoid south? Why only now South is getting a multiplexes, restaurants, department stores, digital cable connections and other creature comforts Northerns and even Tobago had for years?

Pitting the south development against north development is a political tactic to rise up the UNC rural base.

The private sector never advoided south, they just did not get the support of the PNM where infrastructure is concerned.
Multiplexes in trini was first introduce in south in the early 80s .
The increase of cars on the road was due to opening up of the car market by the UNC and not the gas boom.
As for South based companies giving a bias against Northerns its due to the work ethics. South ppl work . Northers have a public servant work ethics and less industrial work skills which is not suited for fast paced industries.

Sundar
Riding on 17's

Postby Sundar » April 2nd, 2015, 12:35 pm

brainchild wrote:I think your exaggerating...you talking about bad roads, drains and a couple health and community centres, it's not like ppl were starving then and have had those conditions reversed. The poor then are still poor today. If things were so bad why weren't we seeing ppl marching in front parliament demanding development in south Trinidad? Instead we're supposed to accept the poor management skills of the pp govt in exchange for southern upgrading? If they had at least changed their style of governing within d last year I might have given it a second thought, but it's gotten way too blatant at this point. I'm hoping there's an independent candidate it my area so I can blank them both. We need trinbagonians who are concerned with the welfare and future of trinbago! Is that so hard seeing that they live here too?

these don't contribute to poverty? use yuh brain. bad roads= more expense to fix car+taxi men raising fees, yuh ever had to go n dig your own drain in front your house till yuh back pains? health centres? lack of equipment how yuh gonna deal wit patients? alot of ppl have seen improvement by me with help from d government and not biased distribution as before

Sundar
Riding on 17's

Postby Sundar » April 2nd, 2015, 12:40 pm

Habit7 wrote:South ppl love to cry lack of development without recognizing that by definition living in a rural area means you live in an area with less services.

[color=#FF0000]No matter what country you go to ppl who live in urban areas have more services than rural.[/color] Greater population density makes it easier to deliver services because it is less expensive based on volume. Paving 1km in a rural area would benefit 100 ppl while in an urban area it would benefit 1000.

and we shud monkey see monkey do. south shud not be developed because we from rural areas. ppl go build multiplex where it have bad road n drainage n poor supply of water ent?

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » April 2nd, 2015, 1:47 pm

Sundar wrote:and we shud monkey see monkey do. south shud not be developed because we from rural areas. ppl go build multiplex where it have bad road n drainage n poor supply of water ent?

Read and comprehend my fellow south resident. Nobody is saying that south should not be developed. If fact maybe if North had the high paying, low skills industrialized jobs that South has, North would have smaller depressed areas.

As far as I know areas like Woodland, Fifth Company, Quarry Village, M2 Ring Rd, Naparima/Mayaro Rd, etc have bad roads because they have clayey unstable soil, not lack of paving. Govt have to spend like $5M to fix a 20m stretch of failing road only to have another slope fail 20m away.

South has been developed and is developing. Rural areas in North like Coalmine, Matura, Toco, Valencia can never dream of the industrialization of South, but as their population grows, they get more services. As Debe, Penal and Siparia grows they get more services, but if you living on a former estate off Penal Rock Rd, and you nearest neighbour is a 5 min walk away, you can't expect a Massy Stores in a 5 min drive away.

orangefox
Riding on 16's

Postby orangefox » April 2nd, 2015, 2:01 pm

It is up to the private sector to decide where they will invest.
There seem to be a trend to blame the Gov't for everything.

There is a claim now that South workers more productive than North workers .

So why is the North more developed ?

South of the Caroni bridge is "country folks" and they want to live a certain rural life, low standards.

North people are more "city folk" and they ask for and then demand high standards.

So do not blame PNM or UNC .

RASC
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RASC » April 2nd, 2015, 4:11 pm

Habit7 wrote: ... but if you living on a former estate off Penal Rock Rd, and you nearest neighbour is a 5 min walk away, you can't expect a Massy Stores in a 5 min drive away.

You think they listening.
As far as they concerned, PNM never give them nuttin. They have been fed this narrative from birth by their racist elders, to hate anything the PNM does because they are "tar babies". No reason, no logic.

PNM wants independence-No we want the British

PNM wants to build buildings so we can stop paying private citizens huge rents- No prefer to pay de rent

PNM wants rapid rail to ease congestion-No we opening the shoulder to drive on

PNM wants OPV to curtail drugs-No too expensive what we have is adequate enough

It doesn't matter what it is... Everything is Anti-PNM doesn't matter if its going to push the nation forward or not. The entire campaign 2010 was anti PNM.

This campaign is ROWLEY IS RAPIST... That's it. Forget issues, drugs, congestion, diversification... RAPE is the only 4 letter word you must know. This set is not a bright bunch, you're trying to reason with ppl who use emotions to guide them. You'll never win.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » April 2nd, 2015, 4:18 pm

WORD

brainchild
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby brainchild » April 2nd, 2015, 5:15 pm

Sad...but true. Country needs more independent thinkers, 2015 and ppl still classifying north ppl n south ppl differently in a country d size of a medium size town in d US.

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » April 2nd, 2015, 10:14 pm

Southerner checking in..... and as stated above rural is rural..urban is urban...will never be the same development wise. I've always lived in Sando outskirts/ suburbs so hence have no issues with lack of development. Toco or Cedros will have issues because they are rural....north or south doesn't matter..its irrelevant.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » April 3rd, 2015, 2:41 am

RASC wrote:
Habit7 wrote: ... but if you living on a former estate off Penal Rock Rd, and you nearest neighbour is a 5 min walk away, you can't expect a Massy Stores in a 5 min drive away.

As far as they concerned, PNM never give them nuttin. They have been fed this narrative from birth by their racist elders, to hate anything the PNM does because they are "tar babies". No reason, no logic.

PNM wants to build buildings so we can stop paying private citizens huge rents- No prefer to pay de rent

It doesn't matter what it is... Everything is Anti-PNM doesn't matter if its going to push the nation forward or not. The entire campaign 2010 was anti PNM.

This campaign is ROWLEY IS RAPIST... That's it. Forget issues, drugs, congestion, diversification... RAPE is the only 4 letter word you must know. This set is not a bright bunch, you're trying to reason with ppl who use emotions to guide them. You'll never win.

PNM independence have us in this present day mess.

PNM build buildings that are white elephants

PNM wants rapid rail for private Jets like the Tesoro scanndal

PNM wants OPV to make sure drugs make their journey
on time, like the MV Harold La borde

orangefox
Riding on 16's

Postby orangefox » April 3rd, 2015, 5:11 am

RASC wrote:

A messiah speaks :shock:

PNM started the H'way project to South. South still complaining . Save swamp & wildlife ? WTF.

PNM built ALL the modern "high rise" and a Mall building on Edwards Street in POS . But PP/UNC refuse to finish. Even Brain Lara Stadium etc.

PNM Rapid Rail . Great idea ! South talking about bicycle and driving on shoulder.

PP constructing Gov't offices, Hospital and Aquatic Stadium, South of Caroni etc. which is progressive.

The message from TT should be ..

Yes build, proceed, progress .. WTF this is why you were elected. Do the job.

But stop the racial divide.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » April 3rd, 2015, 5:49 am

^^^ next you gonna say PNM built Maha Sabha schools

orangefox
Riding on 16's

Postby orangefox » April 3rd, 2015, 5:57 am

zoom rader wrote:^^^ next you gonna say PNM built Maha Sabha schools

Yes ! Maha get so much money from PNM :shock:

Advent
Riding on 17's

Postby Advent » April 3rd, 2015, 7:08 am

RASC wrote:

Bazinger, while everyone enjoying the spoils of PNM, and complaining bout them stupes

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Tapatalk

brainchild
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby brainchild » April 3rd, 2015, 8:38 am

So zoom, which govt was in power during all ur yrs of schooling? Did it have an effect on d level of success u attained?

orangefox
Riding on 16's

Postby orangefox » April 3rd, 2015, 8:40 am

The day the average man/woman demand high standards and start thinking " TT projects " and not by political parties ( i.e. PNM Project, UNC Project ) is the day TT will be first rate.

The concoction of "South of the Caroni Bridge" is a political term used to divide not only people of different race, income etc., but by location, drawing a specific line. Crazy in such a tiny island !!!

South people want to develop South, Ok !
They want a decentralization . Ok !

But why neglect and victimize North by not completing projects started by another based on politics ?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » April 3rd, 2015, 8:59 am

brainchild wrote:So zoom, which govt was in power during all ur yrs of schooling? Did it have an effect on d level of success u attained?

My parents were smart enough to send me to a Private secondary school .So I never had a PNM education, but I did attend Coffee Boys AC in the PNM haydays

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » April 3rd, 2015, 9:02 am

Its telling that the argument is about differentiating between parties by which 'provided' the better BASIC services ...paid for by what is OUR resource base.

So its a differentiation between two entities that BARELY did their job.

Example:
-If Tuner is sold as an entity..and Duane and co retire to the french riviera and make the Forbes fitty, the culture here will change based on the culture of the new suck ....uh owners. :twisted:

-A house does not retain the culture of those that lived in it 20 years ago.

in the same way
The PNM than led us to independence and is romanticized, is in no way represented by what exists today...the entity is the sum of the individuals and their character.
The UNC is little different.They watched the PNM model and improved.

The underlying principle of both monolithic parties is retention of power-using their respective ethnic base.

The last govt to show some fiber with ORIGINAL thought was NAR.....for all the chit thrown at them few of their policies were reversed.

Their macro approach is the same-win election....figure the rest out while going with the flow.
The sole determinant for our economic well being are commodity prices.
Followed by the spending patterns the PIP chooses to apply.(how much we getting away with)

We on a slow boil here fellas.

But the effort to prove which chithong is less chitty is a W F T.

orangefox
Riding on 16's

Postby orangefox » April 3rd, 2015, 9:16 am

" The PNM than led us to independence and is romanticized, is in no way represented by what exists today...the entity is the sum of the individuals and their character.
The UNC is little different.They watched the PNM model and improved "

Hmmm ... Again if South want to develop. OK.
But do not neglect North using a racial divide.

... then it will be "improved" .. :)

brainchild
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby brainchild » April 3rd, 2015, 9:23 am

Zoom I'm jus amazed dat in dis day and age u can throw all ur support behind one party. Does it hurt wen u use logic? These ppl have shown dat they clearly don't knw wat they're doing, they nt even gd at fooling ppl. But I give up...I await ur comments following election results.

orangefox
Riding on 16's

Postby orangefox » April 3rd, 2015, 9:31 am

zoom rader wrote:
brainchild wrote:So zoom, which govt was in power during all ur yrs of schooling? Did it have an effect on d level of success u attained?

My parents were smart enough to send me to a Private secondary school .So I never had a PNM education, but I did attend Coffee Boys AC in the PNM haydays

Lol ...

ZR your education most likely was the Cambridge or London University exams.

So again "PNM haydays" education was a prize and a gift and of extremely high standard :)

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » April 3rd, 2015, 10:01 am

orangefox wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

Lol ...

ZR your education most likely was the Cambridge or London University exams.

So again "PNM haydays" education was a prize and a gift and of extremely high standard :)

I did Oxford at that time, sorry no CXC

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » April 3rd, 2015, 10:57 am

orangefox wrote:" The PNM than led us to independence and is romanticized, is in no way represented by what exists today...the entity is the sum of the individuals and their character.
The UNC is little different.They watched the PNM model and improved "

Hmmm ... Again if South want to develop. OK.
But do not neglect North using a racial divide.

... then it will be "improved" .. :)

the basic responsibility of any party in power is....TO STAY IN POWER.

Thats a direct quote from a past PM.

What you describe is a SYMPTOM of the above...not a strategy.

What we allow is what we get.

Dirty Face
punchin NOS

Postby Dirty Face » April 4th, 2015, 1:12 am

zoom rader wrote:
You won't fine any racial divide strategy.
The PP this time balanced the neglected areas in parr with the rest of the country

They Did WHAT???

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Con ... 04141.html

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » April 4th, 2015, 1:53 am

brainchild wrote:Zoom I'm jus amazed dat in dis day and age u can throw all ur support behind one party. Does it hurt wen u use logic? These ppl have shown dat they clearly don't knw wat they're doing, they nt even gd at fooling ppl. But I give up...I await ur comments following election results.

Eh bro, I have voted for NAR, UNC and COP all in San Do East from 1986. That does not count for one party.
If a better party comes along or PNM improves then they can get my vote.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”