Forums

is sbt japan and authentic site?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

RBphoto
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: RECENT SBT JAPAN EXPERIENCES?

Postby RBphoto » January 16th, 2015, 11:54 am

konartis wrote:^^ the prices are far off...is the persons that offer to help u to bring ur car for u isnt that far off...but then you can't really trust them also

Got my 1999 U14 SSS bluebird in 2001 for 56,000.00 from a "Bring it in for yuh and you do all the wuk" kinda guy. Was shidding bricks after my first payment to the fellah but he came through. Was probably the best investment I ever made in life.

dkhan946
Riding on 13's

Postby dkhan946 » January 16th, 2015, 1:21 pm

silverfire wrote:I take that back....agent turned out to be a smartman...beware of sheroz peter aka shepeter...fooled us about shipment and trying to get us to pay all before we see proof it is shipped

im confused here...he was a smartman because he wanted you to pay all first before he shipped it ??? so he was supposed to put a car on a ship from japan to trinidad based on what...your word ?

silverfire
Street 2NR

Postby silverfire » January 16th, 2015, 1:29 pm

Nah SBT is legit...but this sales agent is the smartman...lying and saying the vehicle ship so that we could pay the remaining balance before it actually ship...as for the guy who said he couldn't find the vehicle on the website...sometimes another agent will reserve it and it is taken off the website.

silverfire
Street 2NR

Postby silverfire » January 16th, 2015, 1:32 pm

dkhan946 wrote:
silverfire wrote:I take that back....agent turned out to be a smartman...beware of sheroz peter aka shepeter...fooled us about shipment and trying to get us to pay all before we see proof it is shipped

im confused here...he was a smartman because he wanted you to pay all first before he shipped it ??? so he was supposed to put a car on a ship from japan to trinidad based on what...your word ?

No. we agreed to pay 60% up front and then other 40% when he scans a copy of the bill of lading. that's how most people in Trinidad do it with SBT. At least, that's how smart people do it. We sent the 60% as agreed and now he pretending the vehicle ship so we can pay the rest...but when we contact the company he never even booked it to be shipped.

ganeshlalchan
3NE 2NR for life

Postby ganeshlalchan » January 16th, 2015, 1:38 pm

2 months? 3 months to receive vehicle? All vehicles shipped must now be manufactured in 2010?
Any chance of getting diesel?
And is the mileage correct as stated on the website before or after they tell you $100USD to roll back? Lol.

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » January 16th, 2015, 4:37 pm

silverfire wrote:
dkhan946 wrote:

No. we agreed to pay 60% up front and then other 40% when he scans a copy of the bill of lading. that's how most people in Trinidad do it with SBT. At least, that's how smart people do it. We sent the 60% as agreed and now he pretending the vehicle ship so we can pay the rest...but when we contact the company he never even booked it to be shipped.
So what is the outcome of this?

konartis
Shifting into 6th

Postby konartis » January 16th, 2015, 7:28 pm

silverfire wrote:
dkhan946 wrote:

U seem to be the smart man here, they will process the car as long as the money is sent...

A172
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby A172 » January 16th, 2015, 8:17 pm

makes no sense buying any car without seeing the actual vehicle inspection sheet

gd luck with yur sales guy

silverfire
Street 2NR

Postby silverfire » January 16th, 2015, 9:38 pm

He changed his tune now cuz we called the customer service dep and he got scolded...our agreement stands.

niyan
Riding on 13's

Postby niyan » February 19th, 2015, 6:14 pm

hello,I just purchased a car three weeks ago from sbt by myself.can anyone tell me how long does it take the company to ship your vehicle or documents thank you

niyan
Riding on 13's

Postby niyan » February 19th, 2015, 6:15 pm

hello,I just purchased a car three weeks ago from sbt by myself.can anyone tell me how long does it take the company to ship your vehicle or documents thank you

R.P.J
Trinituner Peong

Postby R.P.J » February 19th, 2015, 8:21 pm

The sales man well tell you what date the car shipping all the documents will be on your account it will take 8 weeks to get to trinidad

LUVcarz4
Riding on 13's

Postby LUVcarz4 » April 15th, 2015, 6:38 pm

Can sbt ship 2002 audi a4 ?

R.P.J
Trinituner Peong

Postby R.P.J » April 15th, 2015, 7:13 pm

U cd but it have to be a knock down and when it reaches tnt after u clear it from the port u mount it up

napster16
Sweet on this forum

Postby napster16 » April 16th, 2015, 12:50 am

PS: remember all the damage may not be the responsibility of the company you purchased from. Have experiences where a lot of our vehicles actually get damaged in transit (when the ship moves; rough seas etc. and vehicles bump into each other)

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » April 24th, 2015, 9:50 pm

Thinking about a purchase from SBT......Found a nice ride but need some advice.....
Agent wants me to pay all monies up front....

Saw that someone mentioned that they pay 60% now and 40% when it is shipped?...

Also what year can I bring in ?....is 2009 ok?.....

what documents do i need to collect from sbt japan in order to clear from the port?

Do i need a broker or can i clear myself....

when cleared how do i get the car home....Do I need D plates ?>.....

Thanks guys.....

vally
Ricer

Postby vally » May 19th, 2015, 7:13 pm

I interested in hearing about recent (2015) SBT experiences and if possible any experience with agent Mudasser Abbas from SBT

ganeshlalchan
3NE 2NR for life

Postby ganeshlalchan » May 19th, 2015, 8:20 pm

Someone told me that sbt and other companies "adjust" your invoice so that customs here won't charge you a whole lot. Only if you ask your agent who sending the car for you...is this true? They also said that most if not all dealers use this technique and don't pay a lot of import taxes. And they still bussing we head with roro prices. True or no???

A172
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby A172 » May 19th, 2015, 9:00 pm

well doh buy

rane
Trinituner Peong

Postby rane » May 19th, 2015, 11:23 pm

Yes is true that's why them so call importers making money.

They do 2 things
Increase the value just to show you how much the vehicle worth to rob u your money and behind your back they tell the japan sales man to mark up the cost so the importer will pay less taxes and then still robbing ya plenty money in taxes. Trust me I know about this. Plenty thief head thing out here

ganeshlalchan
3NE 2NR for life

Postby ganeshlalchan » May 20th, 2015, 8:14 am

A172 wrote:well doh buy

Look one here!!! Lmaooo

Country_Bookie
punchin NOS

Postby Country_Bookie » May 20th, 2015, 9:11 am

*$kїđž!™ wrote:Thinking about a purchase from SBT......Found a nice ride but need some advice.....
Agent wants me to pay all monies up front....

Saw that someone mentioned that they pay 60% now and 40% when it is shipped?...

Also what year can I bring in ?....is 2009 ok?.....

what documents do i need to collect from sbt japan in order to clear from the port?

Do i need a broker or can i clear myself....

when cleared how do i get the car home....Do I need D plates ?>.....

Thanks guys.....

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=40772&hilit=importing+japan&start=120

Dan yuh on this site longer than me! Yuh should know these things!

vi1012
Street 2NR

Postby vi1012 » June 6th, 2015, 9:50 am

Hey folks I'm looking for a little info here. I was lookina at SBTJapan a while, and coincidentally a friend of a friend brings in cars and uses this site as well. I noticed a couple things that have me a little weary. I also look for cars on japan-partner... I noticed that sbt prices are very low.. but I see above ppl talking about marking up of prices and so forth. But on sbt I don't see the sheet with all the defects like i do on japan-partner.Also a lot of the cars on sbt are dirty, all inside dusty...looking like they parked up for ages... so it makes me wonder about the condition of the mechanics... can anyone elaborate.. thanks much

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » June 6th, 2015, 6:59 pm

vi1012 wrote:Hey folks I'm looking for a little info here. I was lookina at SBTJapan a while, and coincidentally a friend of a friend brings in cars and uses this site as well. I noticed a couple things that have me a little weary. I also look for cars on japan-partner... I noticed that sbt prices are very low.. but I see above ppl talking about marking up of prices and so forth. But on sbt I don't see the sheet with all the defects like i do on japan-partner.Also a lot of the cars on sbt are dirty, all inside dusty...looking like they parked up for ages... so it makes me wonder about the condition of the mechanics... can anyone elaborate.. thanks much

Prices on that japan-partner website real hot (for some old cars too).

vi1012
Street 2NR

Postby vi1012 » June 6th, 2015, 8:20 pm

Yeah I noticed the discrepancies in the prices. But I do not know much about the whole foreign used ...i'll call it game... I know prices can be marked up and down, mileage can be altered, that kind of stuff... I want to get as much info as I can before making a purchace...

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » June 6th, 2015, 10:39 pm

vi1012 wrote:Yeah I noticed the discrepancies in the prices. But I do not know much about the whole foreign used ...i'll call it game... I know prices can be marked up and down, mileage can be altered, that kind of stuff... I want to get as much info as I can before making a purchace...

I know several people who have purchased from SBT and they have had no problems. If you read through this thread you will get an idea of what to avoid and what to do.

One person told me to make sure and get pictures of underneath the cars. I believe the mileage shown on SBT just like Japan-partner is more or less real. It only changes when the TT foreign-used auto dealers want to con Trinbagonians.

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » June 7th, 2015, 8:22 pm

bluefete wrote:
vi1012 wrote:Yeah I noticed the discrepancies in the prices. But I do not know much about the whole foreign used ...i'll call it game... I know prices can be marked up and down, mileage can be altered, that kind of stuff... I want to get as much info as I can before making a purchace...

I know several people who have purchased from SBT and they have had no problems. If you read through this thread you will get an idea of what to avoid and what to do.

One person told me to make sure and get pictures of underneath the cars. I believe the mileage shown on SBT just like Japan-partner is more or less real. It only changes when the TT foreign-used auto dealers want to con Trinbagonians.

shut up

vi1012
Street 2NR

Postby vi1012 » June 8th, 2015, 11:55 pm

@bluefete thanks..

Twin Isle Cars n' Parts
Sweet on this forum

Postby Twin Isle Cars n' Parts » June 9th, 2015, 8:04 pm

SBT is more reputable and realistic with their stock, as compared to others, like ICM for example...

I imported vehicles from ICM before. Very good quality, HOWEVER, they don't actually have a large stock or variety to chose from, as compared to SBT. They require pre- downpymts to go into the auctions for purchasing your required vehicle.
They utilize "Bait & Switch" method, whereby they show you a sample pic of a vehicle & sometimes don't indicate.

I have never succumb to any of the above, however I was sent a plain white tiida instead of a Pearl white tiida (which we paid for) & I recently landed a new model Xtrail, with numerous and very costly front suspension repairs to be done. I currently have both under query with them.

If purchasing from ICM, be very wary & insist upon inspection sheet, under carriage & actual pics of vehicle... All in all, SBT is a better choice.

vi1012
Street 2NR

Postby vi1012 » June 10th, 2015, 4:57 am

Thanks.. appreciate the info.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”