modes on ac unit

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

anthonyanthony
Chronic TriniTuner

modes on ac unit

Postby anthonyanthony » November 1st, 2015, 8:10 pm

People , just installed 2 lennox 12000 and 24000 btu split units
The remote has some strange operation modes that the manual does not really explain.
AC men , can you explain these :

1) Health mode ( symbol is a tree ) ,what does this do ?
2)scavenging function (house symbol with arrows going in/out of house )
what does this do ( both functions can be done together or by themselve )

ganeshlalchan
3NE 2NR for life

Re: modes on ac unit

Postby ganeshlalchan » November 1st, 2015, 9:18 pm

Test the thing nah boy. Stand up in front of it and see what happens.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » November 1st, 2015, 9:52 pm

RTFM :lol:

fouljuice
Shifting into 6th

Postby fouljuice » November 1st, 2015, 9:53 pm

The one with the tree is if you have trees/plants in your room. If you watch some plants outside late at night or early morning you will see water on the leaves. This is because the plant sweating and need some cold breeze.

Scavenging function works the same way if you keep cobo in your room.

Activate the 2 if you have both plants and cobo in your room.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » November 1st, 2015, 11:37 pm

^ ROFL hahahaha

I think the Health mode could be an ionizer and the scavenger mode is probably an economy mode.

speedaholic
Shifting into 6th

Postby speedaholic » November 1st, 2015, 11:49 pm

fouljuice wrote:The one with the tree is if you have trees/plants in your room. If you watch some plants outside late at night or early morning you will see water on the leaves. This is because the plant sweating and need some cold breeze.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » November 2nd, 2015, 12:07 am

fouljuice wrote:The one with the tree is if you have trees/plants in your room. If you watch some plants outside late at night or early morning you will see water on the leaves. This is because the plant sweating and need some cold breeze.

Take win ... I like how you started and had me thinking this might be a legit answer. You have won the internet today.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » November 2nd, 2015, 2:57 am

fouljuice FTW!

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby cinco » November 2nd, 2015, 7:09 am

Rofl fouljuice tel win

konartis
Shifting into 6th

Postby konartis » November 2nd, 2015, 7:33 am

People stop using Google?? Oh right..tuner men knows everything! :|

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » November 2nd, 2015, 8:34 am

Having a corbeaujump onto my lap is the stuff dreams are made of. Well ... let me re-phrase that. Having a tame corbeau jump on my lap while I'm hale and hearty is the stuff dreams are made of. If I'm slowly expiring and a corbeau is overly eager to nibble, I might not be so pleased.

Pay attention, now. If a corbeau ever acts this way around you (cadging treats, tugging at your shoelaces for attention, fearless of people and domestic animals), call the zoo and track that bird. Don't let it out of your sight until a game warden shows up to take possession.

Corbeaux are a protected species and should not be domesticated. However, every now and then some well-meaning human finds a baby corbeau and brings it indoors and tames it. Corbeaux are very intelligent. They learn fast who is feeding them. Unlike parrots, they are virtually noiseless. They can't vocalize at all. Eventually, though, their toilet habits make them undesirable as pets. It's at that point -- when they're mostly grown and completely clueless about how to live as a corbeau -- that their foster parents drop them on the side of the road and tell them to find a manicou to munch on.

What happens to a tame corbeau who isn't taken in by the zoo? It can get attacked by dogs or hit by a car. In rural areas it will starve. If you can get close enough to a corbeau that you could pet its head, and it's not hissing at you and vomiting on your feet, call the game warden ppl. That's not the way corbeaux behave. They are very shy and want nothing to do with humans who are alive.

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » November 2nd, 2015, 9:03 am

anthonyanthony wrote:People , just installed 2 lennox 12000 and 24000 btu split units
The remote has some strange operation modes that the manual does not really explain.

imagine the calamity if you were to contact who supplied / installed the units

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » November 2nd, 2015, 9:08 am

fouljuice take win

ismithx
punchin NOS

Postby ismithx » November 2nd, 2015, 9:12 am

MG Man wrote:Having a corbeaujump onto my lap is the stuff dreams are made of. Well ... let me re-phrase that. Having a tame corbeau jump on my lap while I'm hale and hearty is the stuff dreams are made of. If I'm slowly expiring and a corbeau is overly eager to nibble, I might not be so pleased.

Pay attention, now. If a corbeau ever acts this way around you (cadging treats, tugging at your shoelaces for attention, fearless of people and domestic animals), call the zoo and track that bird. Don't let it out of your sight until a game warden shows up to take possession.

Corbeaux are a protected species and should not be domesticated. However, every now and then some well-meaning human finds a baby corbeau and brings it indoors and tames it. Corbeaux are very intelligent. They learn fast who is feeding them. Unlike parrots, they are virtually noiseless. They can't vocalize at all. Eventually, though, their toilet habits make them undesirable as pets. It's at that point -- when they're mostly grown and completely clueless about how to live as a corbeau -- that their foster parents drop them on the side of the road and tell them to find a manicou to munch on.

What happens to a tame corbeau who isn't taken in by the zoo? It can get attacked by dogs or hit by a car. In rural areas it will starve. If you can get close enough to a corbeau that you could pet its head, and it's not hissing at you and vomiting on your feet, call the game warden ppl. That's not the way corbeaux behave. They are very shy and want nothing to do with humans who are alive.

how do you know all this

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » November 2nd, 2015, 9:20 am

wanted to get one as a pet
There's a local lady living in PoS who has one as a pet...pretty cool birds, very smart. had a stare-down contest with one at Balandra once...he was very curious

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » November 2nd, 2015, 9:22 am

stev
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby stev » November 2nd, 2015, 12:41 pm

anthonyanthony wrote:People , just installed 2 lennox 12000 and 24000 btu split units

agreed...the manual does not explain these functions in detail.

Health Mode

once health mode is on, this activates the air ioniser that is built in the AC unit (anion generator). this is used to effectively balance the quantity and position of anion in the air. this assists in killing bacteria in the air and speeds up dust sediment to clean the air in the room quicker.

Scavenging Function

This mode allows the indoor unit to extract air from the room. if the room is very hot, you can enable this to cool the room down very quickly. It can also be used to remove odors from the room quickly.

these functions are great but keep in mind that they use more power....especially the health mode.

X-Fan mode keeps the fan running for about 10 mins after the AC is switched off in order to dry the fan / vents.

Pantos
Street 2NR

Postby Pantos » November 3rd, 2015, 7:57 pm

stev wrote:Scavenging Function

This mode allows the indoor unit to extract air from the room. if the room is very hot, you can enable this to cool the room down very quickly. It can also be used to remove odors from the room quickly.

I have never seen a split unit that vents air to the outside. Only window units have that capability.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » November 3rd, 2015, 8:03 pm

MG Man wrote:wanted to get one as a pet
There's a local lady living in PoS who has one as a pet...pretty cool birds, very smart. had a stare-down contest with one at Balandra once...he was very curious

If you want a vulture so badly then you should get one of these. Huuge muddafawker

stev
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby stev » November 3rd, 2015, 11:50 pm

Pantos wrote:
stev wrote:Scavenging Function

I have never seen a split unit that vents air to the outside. Only window units have that capability.

same here but that's what i got from various other manuals for AC units with the same function.

Dreamygirl
Street 2NR

Postby Dreamygirl » June 2nd, 2016, 8:22 pm

These symbols were explained in the manual.I suggest you read it.

Cooloh
Sweet on this forum

Postby Cooloh » June 2nd, 2016, 10:42 pm

Read the manual??

Good one..... :D

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”