TriniTuner 24-7

Re: The Official Skybox Thread: Take 2

Postby *KRONIK* » April 18th, 2016, 2:26 pm

Websource and aeropost

dean_spleen09
Riding on 17's

Postby dean_spleen09 » April 18th, 2016, 3:45 pm

got a package today service charge from ibc gone up to $13. last time i ordered was around christmas /new years the "service charge" was $10.
:|

S_Pollock
Ricer

Postby S_Pollock » April 19th, 2016, 8:45 pm

Hey, anybody with jetbox? How's there service?

Invisible
Sweet on this forum

Postby Invisible » May 5th, 2016, 2:13 pm

Anyone knows of a UK skybox doing sea or air freight or both????

Need one ASAP.

Swisha
Chronic 2NR

Postby Swisha » May 10th, 2016, 7:38 pm

We have been advised that Customs intends to bond all packages not deemed for personal use, regardless of their value, effective immediately.

This may adversely affect the clearing and delivery of packages deemed to be for trade/business.

We are seeking further clarification on this matter.

We will update you as soon as we have confirmation and/or more information.

We thank you for your patience and the continued opportunity to be of service.

Your eZone team

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » May 10th, 2016, 7:43 pm

i now coming here to post that same thing ^^^

that is pressure for everybody

they could say if you order 5 jersey, its for business purposes

feel daz it for me and skybox yes

avoiding the issue of bonded shipments is one of the main uses of a skybox

dredman1
Riding on 18's

Postby dredman1 » May 10th, 2016, 10:46 pm

Could someone clarify what that bonding thing means?

Is it that if your package is deemed commercial and is bonded, customs holds it in their warehouse and you have to go yourself to clear and collect it?

Are there any different rates or fees?

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » May 10th, 2016, 11:22 pm

hmmm.. interesting

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » May 11th, 2016, 6:34 am

Yup it means customs will hold it and thoroughly inspect it and then tax you.

As it is now, if you want to get through early you need yo be up there by servisair by 6am so you would finish by 8am....because all bonded packages go there
Dhl fedex ups all skybox companies etc....so i assume it would be a thousand times worse if they enforce this

Servisair also had a daily storage fee. So if you have a lax skybox company and they inform you a few days after that your package bonded and it at servisair
....charges iymc.

Also these customs officers like to go on google and look for the highest value possible for whatever items they clearing. Had happened to me a few times where i had brought in some cheap chinese tabs that were 20 us each and they value it as ipads...600 us each....
But it had no vat or duty on tablets st that time so it didnt matter anyway...they was just being muffler bearings.

Same thing with some watches i brought...paid about 5k....they value it at 200k........i tell them to keep it because it not worth that......

Now this process can also include them sending you down to customs house in pos to see the senior people there for them to sign off on the value of a item and then come back to them in piarco to pay and release it

So this is very easily a one day or two day or 3 day process depending on what it is.

firetruck the small businessman

gurmuk
3NE 2NR for life

Postby gurmuk » May 11th, 2016, 7:08 am

Madness!

BRZ
Riding on 16's

Postby BRZ » May 11th, 2016, 7:31 am

Welcome to the Republic of Congo and Tobago............ stupid banana republic....................

dredman1
Riding on 18's

Postby dredman1 » May 11th, 2016, 7:46 am

AYSN wrote:Yup it means customs will hold it and thoroughly inspect it and then tax you.

As it is now, if you want to get through early you need yo be up there by servisair by 6am so you would finish by 8am....because all bonded packages go there
Dhl fedex ups all skybox companies etc....so i assume it would be a thousand times worse if they enforce this

Servisair also had a daily storage fee. So if you have a lax skybox company and they inform you a few days after that your package bonded and it at servisair
....charges iymc.

Also these customs officers like to go on google and look for the highest value possible for whatever items they clearing. Had happened to me a few times where i had brought in some cheap chinese tabs that were 20 us each and they value it as ipads...600 us each....
But it had no vat or duty on tablets st that time so it didnt matter anyway...they was just being muffler bearings.

Same thing with some watches i brought...paid about 5k....they value it at 200k........i tell them to keep it because it not worth that......

Now this process can also include them sending you down to customs house in pos to see the senior people there for them to sign off on the value of a item and then come back to them in piarco to pay and release it

So this is very easily a one day or two day or 3 day process depending on what it is.

Damn. Thanks.
So even if you walk with all documentation/invoices/bills etc showing what you paid they will can still charge you as they see fit?

dredman1
Riding on 18's

The Official Skybox Thread: Take 2

Postby dredman1 » May 11th, 2016, 8:01 am

AYSN wrote:Yup it means customs will hold it and thoroughly inspect it and then tax you.

....charges iymc.

Damn. Thanks.
So even if you walk with all documentation/invoices/bills etc showing what you paid they can still charge you as they see fit?

BRZ
Riding on 16's

Postby BRZ » May 11th, 2016, 8:03 am

Customs officer are not the smartest of the fruit that dropped from trees! some actually don't know the difference between Imperial and Metric as I have personally encountered on more than one occasion! Rare breed of idiots they ARE!

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » May 11th, 2016, 9:07 am

Wow things just getting worse everday

Jade_Inc.
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Jade_Inc. » May 11th, 2016, 9:52 am

Wtf them cyah be serious with those nonsense Dred

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » May 11th, 2016, 11:10 am

yes they can ignore your invoices if they dont agree with it and let google/amazon/ebay/random websites be their guide for pricing

and one of their favourite lines is "yuh know yuh cud get lockup for a false declaration eh or a 250,000 fine"

real intimidation tactics

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » May 16th, 2016, 5:46 pm

FYI

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/ ... 569&sr=1-1

About Freight Forwarders and Hand Carry

Using a freight forwarder to ship or hand-carrying items internationally may result in complications not covered by Amazon.

If a freight forwarder or hand-carrying is used, the following terms will apply:

Amazon won't be responsible for damage, defect, material difference, or loss that occurs to goods after they're delivered to you or a freight forwarder. This means that Amazon isn't able to provide a replacement of, or refund for, any such goods delivered to you or a freight forwarder. You should refuse goods that arrive damaged and instruct freight forwarders to do the same, and goods lost after being received by you or the freight forwarder will be your responsibility.
If you (or a freight forwarder you so designate) have a U.S. address, purchase goods from Amazon.com to be shipped to a U.S. location, and then subsequently export the goods, you or the designated freight forwarder are considered the exporter and are solely responsible for compliance with all export and import regulations, including all U.S. export regulations and the import regulations of the destination country. Amazon must not be listed on any export documentation (e.g., export declarations, invoices, packing lists, air waybills, etc.). It is your responsibility to ensure the freight forwarder's most up-to-date U.S. address is used.
If you (or a freight forwarder you so designate) do not have a U.S. residence and purchase goods from Amazon.com to be shipped to a U.S. location, you or the designated freight forwarder may not subsequently export the goods without prior written authorization from Amazon.
Products that cannot be exported directly from Amazon.com, which you export yourself or through a freight forwarder may not be returned directly to Amazon. Visit Search for Items Eligible for International Shipping to find items that can be exported directly from Amazon.com.
Products offered for export directly from Amazon.com, which you export yourself or through a freight forwarder may be returned to Amazon, provided that you are responsible for acting as the importer of record and all the costs associated with returning the goods to Amazon. Amazon will not serve as the importer of record on returns that were originally exported by you or a freight forwarder. You may locate Amazon's return address by using the Online Returns Center and viewing the Return Mailing Label.

Note: International return labels will not be issued for items sent through a freight forwarder or hand carry. The Return Mailing Label is for U.S. domestic shipments only. In order to use an Amazon pre-paid Return Mailing Label, you must first return the eligible goods to a U.S. address. Then, use the Return Mailing Label to return the goods to the Amazon fulfillment center listed on the Return Mailing Label from that U.S. address. In addition, you become the exporter and importer of record of the shipment; title and risk of loss transfer to Amazon upon receipt of the goods at Amazon's fulfillment center listed on the Return Mailing Label.

mojosodope
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby mojosodope » May 17th, 2016, 2:31 pm

Yup. Lost a good deal of money from that freight forwarder clause already.

kjaglal76v2
12 pounds of Boost

Re: RE: Re: The Official Skybox Thread: Take 2

Postby kjaglal76v2 » May 17th, 2016, 3:14 pm

BRZ wrote:Welcome to the Republic of Congo and Tobago............ stupid banana republic....................

banana republic because the authorities doin what they suppose to?

you that dotish?

novastar1
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby novastar1 » June 3rd, 2016, 3:02 pm

Anyone ever get a "package in clearance process" alert in Aeropost app?

2NR Smurf
TriniTuner Crew

Postby 2NR Smurf » June 3rd, 2016, 5:38 pm

^yeh. you get that sometimes. check back around 9-10pm and your package should be processed and the charges listed.

Cross Blood
Sweet on this forum

Postby Cross Blood » June 7th, 2016, 9:21 pm

So I've been using this skybox for 4 years now and I haven't gotten this problem. I ordered a package on 6th April, 2016 and was delivered to my skybox on 20th April, 2016. After a few days of not receiving a notification that the package arrived, I decided to message them about it. They say they needed the invoice for the package. So I sent it. They cleared the package on 6th May, 2016 and sent me the shipping invoice so I was expecting delivery on 9th May, 2016. After a few days of no delivery to me, I decided to contact them. They stated that the package was at the warehouse but they don't know why it hasn't been delivered yet.

A few weeks passed again so I decided to message finance department and they said they will search for the package as it is NOT at the Trinidad warehouse. A few days after they said the package is still in Florida and they are sending it to Trinidad. What I want to know is if the package is in Florida, how did they send the shipping invoice for me as if it was cleared in Trinidad already?

treeneeboi
Street 2NR

Postby treeneeboi » June 8th, 2016, 7:59 am

Cross Blood wrote:So I've been using this skybox for 4 years now and I haven't gotten this problem. I ordered a package on 6th April, 2016 and was delivered to my skybox on 20th April, 2016. After a few days of not receiving a notification that the package arrived, I decided to message them about it. They say they needed the invoice for the package. So I sent it. They cleared the package on 6th May, 2016 and sent me the shipping invoice so I was expecting delivery on 9th May, 2016. After a few days of no delivery to me, I decided to contact them. They stated that the package was at the warehouse but they don't know why it hasn't been delivered yet.

A few weeks passed again so I decided to message finance department and they said they will search for the package as it is NOT at the Trinidad warehouse. A few days after they said the package is still in Florida and they are sending it to Trinidad. What I want to know is if the package is in Florida, how did they send the shipping invoice for me as if it was cleared in Trinidad already?

Call name. By chance is tropical express? I realizing all too late that their business model was built around a parlour system. Where u go to the front and call tanty hoping they have what you want.

napster16
Sweet on this forum

Postby napster16 » July 8th, 2016, 6:31 pm

NEW ISSUE:

Has anyone who uses Aeropost discovered any inconsistency in their charges or even overcharging for that matter ? Strangely I requested that they provide me with the worksheets they submit to customs and the figures they paid customs are WAY LESS than what they charge me ... Wondering what should be done. They have to feel it, because the small businessman is depending on them for representation and it appears they're taking a large cut for themselves !

Note: they don't even use ASYCUDA, they use some manual writing system, but the point is, the values are still inconsistent with what they are paying customs vs what they charge ! It's time for this SH!T to stop man. If we can't survive, its time to start boycotting these fools !

2NR Smurf
TriniTuner Crew

Postby 2NR Smurf » July 8th, 2016, 6:47 pm

^last couple items i worked back the tax and duties and it seemed accurate to me.

Anyone used Seabox lately? Have a heavy item i wanna bring and i thinking bout trying sea freight.

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » July 8th, 2016, 7:17 pm

Thread quiet these days.Everybody only asking me when was de last time I order something.Been almost 2 months..don't feel like getting raped from customs anytime soon.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » July 8th, 2016, 7:21 pm

supercharged turbo wrote:Thread quiet these days.Everybody only asking me when was de last time I order something.Been almost 2 months..don't feel like getting raped from customs anytime soon.

X2

desifemlove
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby desifemlove » July 8th, 2016, 7:38 pm

i signed up wit aeropost, but not sure why dey does want USPS form.

and do they deliver to yuh house, or only buy pick up from them?

desifemlove
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby desifemlove » July 8th, 2016, 7:39 pm

i signed up wit aeropost, but not sure why dey does want USPS form.

and do they deliver to yuh house, or only buy pick up from them?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”