Postby viedcht » July 29th, 2016, 6:34 pm

nervewrecker wrote:Have a guy down siparia road side I can recommend

If/when the monthly gas up scene recur I will pm yuh for the contact aight

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: RE: Re: Automotive AC Services

Postby rspann » July 29th, 2016, 6:54 pm

bluesclues wrote:
rspann wrote:I have had AC. Techs tell me parts needed changing and I told them just gas up, and it worked perfect after. I am very experienced in auto repair ,so it hard to catch me.

Lol at heating to release spot welds though. Skyline, if you see me line up a car ,you might just be amazed,and that is no boast.

Wah is ur garage? Lookin for a new body works place because the last one i deal with fail all how and loss a cash payin customer tryin smart ting. And i hope u as good as u toutin to be eh.

I don't have to tout pappi, my work speaks for itself. This is how I do it, three days.
Attachments
IMG_8263.JPG
IMG_8262.JPG
IMG_8264.JPG

viedcht
Riding on 18's

Re: Automotive AC Services

Postby viedcht » July 29th, 2016, 7:04 pm

Whaaaaat spann... yuh boss!

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » July 29th, 2016, 8:04 pm

Boss status confirmed........again

swil
Riding on 13's

Postby swil » July 31st, 2016, 8:37 am

Last edited by swil on January 23rd, 2021, 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kiran8977
Street 2NR

Postby kiran8977 » July 31st, 2016, 9:56 am

Spann and them to busy op

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » July 31st, 2016, 11:04 am

I does get scared when I see spann work it does have that 'never been in an accident' finish. Dunno who to trust lol

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » July 31st, 2016, 12:02 pm

j.o.e wrote:I does get scared when I see spann work it does have that 'never been in an accident' finish. Dunno who to trust lol

what would be REALLY scary is if span tell u is he alone in the garage......and it take him 3 days to do that.... :lol: :lol:

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » August 10th, 2016, 6:31 pm

A piece of talk came up about the charging via weight method.

If your system had a leak, how do you the weight o add back if it wasnt emptied? Cant weigh that....

Leme hear you guys now.

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » August 10th, 2016, 8:02 pm

nervewrecker wrote:A piece of talk came up about the charging via weight method.

If your system had a leak, how do you the weight o add back if it wasnt emptied? Cant weigh that....

Leme hear you guys now.

nerve..yuh tryin to be a smart ass now eah... :lol: :lol:

if you system has a leak....unknown quantity of gas escape...unknown quantity remain....

lemme ask u a question.. how do u plan on fixin the leak WITHOUT loosing the refrigerant that remains in the system.??

yea sure u cud use a refrigerant recovery machine...but how many ppl have one of those...?
some of the big name shops dont even have one...

so if you using the machine....you do know the machine can tell how much refrigerant was recovered...and filter it...and put it back for u....plus you hook up your cylinder to the machine...and it automatically adds in the required amt from the cylinder...

if you DONT have a refrigerant recovery machine...there is NO possible way you can fix the leak and keep the remaining refrigerant in the system..it will be vented to atmosphere an lost....the second you open up any lines.

so in essence....the system will be empty.....you'll hav to fix leak.....pull a vacuum...ensure vacuum is good...add oil....dye...and refrigerant....and thats it...ie a FULL service....

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » August 10th, 2016, 8:33 pm

skylinechild wrote:
nervewrecker wrote:A piece of talk came up about the charging via weight method.

Leme hear you guys now.

if you system has a leak....unknown quantity of gas escape...unknown quantity remain....

lemme ask u a question.. how do u plan on fixin the leak WITHOUT loosing the refrigerant that remains in the system.??

yea sure u cud use a refrigerant recovery machine...but how many ppl have one of those...?

so if you using the machine....you do know the machine can tell how much refrigerant was recovered...and filter it...and put it back for u....plus you hook up your cylinder to the machine...and it automatically adds in the required amt from the cylinder...

if you DONT have a refrigerant recovery machine...there is NO possible way you can fix the leak and keep the remaining refrigerant in the system..it will be vented to atmosphere an lost....the second you open up any lines.

so in essence....the system will be empty.....you'll hav to fix leak.....pull a vacuum...ensure vacuum is good...add oil....dye...and refrigerant....and thats it...ie a FULL service....

What if it was just a leak at a flare nut? All you had to do was tighten it.

In the case of domestic and commercial units you can pump down the system (lock in the gas in a chamber) to do work on the lines. Unless its the chamber damaged no need to bleed it.

Sooo.....

:drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :mrgreen:

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » August 10th, 2016, 9:43 pm

Sooo nerve when you jumping out in the auto ac scene?
laurel need a lil overhaul, new dryer and new seals.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » August 10th, 2016, 9:59 pm

Not really my kinda thing.

What seals need to change though? I can try and help you out. Dont have 134a but I see no reason to not stock now that you mention it :lol:

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » August 11th, 2016, 12:54 pm

Compressor seals on the hoses and those on the evap unit.

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » August 11th, 2016, 8:55 pm

nervewrecker wrote:
skylinechild wrote:

Leme hear you guys now.

What if it was just a leak at a flare nut? All you had to do was tighten it.

In the case of domestic and commercial units you can pump down the system (lock in the gas in a chamber) to do work on the lines. Unless its the chamber damaged no need to bleed it.

Sooo.....

:drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :mrgreen:

excellent question....

to the part in blue - if you have a leak in the system and as u say...gas escaped...what is remaining in the system is a mixture of gas...and regular air.....after all...gas has escaped - air is going to rush in to fill the space the gas previously occupied -it is not going to remain to be a vacuum anymore - now remember - we dont know how much gas was lost.....therefore we also dont know how much air has entered the system....

not so.????

some "experienced "ac techs will tighten up that flare nut test ac...say it cooling good...and doh bother add gas....some will add gas...but the main point is....gas was lost....regardless....the very next thing is a few weeks months later....guess what..you buyin a compressor....

to the part in red... the thread is AUTOMOTIVE AC services...not residential / commercial...the basic principle is the same however the gases used is different along with more complex equipment in the instance of commercial.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » August 11th, 2016, 9:06 pm

1- You are wrong because a pressure differential exists across the walls of the system. The pressure inside is higher therefore air will not enter. Is either you remove the gas, weight it and add back according to weight or use the gauges, thermometer and chart to recharge the system. The latter can be done in a few minutes.

2 - Same principle applies.

keep it coming :mrgreen:

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » August 11th, 2016, 9:13 pm

nervewrecker wrote:1- You are wrong because a pressure differential exists across the walls of the system. The pressure inside is higher therefore air will not enter. Is either you remove the gas, weight it and add back according to weight or use the gauges, thermometer and chart to recharge the system. The latter can be done in a few minutes.

2 - Same principle applies.

keep it coming :mrgreen:

nah u playing smart.... HYMC... :lol: :lol:

but seriously... alot of things comes into play when doin this kind of work i eah no expert....and i wud never claim to be...ac services require tools and equipment that the avg person may not own or have, best leave it to the pros. :lol:

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » August 13th, 2016, 6:40 am

I having a different problem. The inside of my car the passanger side floor mat soaking with water when the AC on for a lil while. An when i turn the car to the right i hearing like water blowing into a fan. How i cud fix dat water wetting the floor mat?

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » August 13th, 2016, 9:19 am

screwbash wrote:I having a different problem. The inside of my car the passanger side floor mat soaking with water when the AC on for a lil while. An when i turn the car to the right i hearing like water blowing into a fan. How i cud fix dat water wetting the floor mat?

Check to see if the a/c drain pipe (a semi-rigid rubber hose) which goes through the firewall into the engine compartment is clogged. You can remove it and use a stiff piece of wire to unclog it, just be careful you don't damage the hose.

m@x
Street 2NR

Postby m@x » June 3rd, 2018, 3:23 pm

Can any experienced person give an idea of the proper low side an high side pressure readings for a nissan tiida at ambient temperature being 80F (~27 degrees Celsius) with cold engine. Thanks

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » June 3rd, 2018, 3:33 pm

Rory Phoulorie wrote:
screwbash wrote:I having a different problem. The inside of my car the passanger side floor mat soaking with water when the AC on for a lil while. An when i turn the car to the right i hearing like water blowing into a fan. How i cud fix dat water wetting the floor mat?

Check to see if the a/c drain pipe (a semi-rigid rubber hose) which goes through the firewall into the engine compartment is clogged. You can remove it and use a stiff piece of wire to unclog it, just be careful you don't damage the hose.

Use a vacuum to suck out debris :!:

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”