Forums

Student gang sets fire to Cunupia High School

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » October 24th, 2016, 10:01 am

CNC3 - Fire fighters will return to the Cunupia High School today to continue inquiries into an attempt by a group of students to burn down the school on Saturday.

A 17-year-old Form 4 student is expected to be questioned by police about the incident.

Reports indicate that teachers took the student's mobile camera phone on Friday and they believe the attempt to torch the school was in retaliation.

According to reports, a gang of students breached a wire fence in the back of the school on Saturday afternoon and broke into the principal's office.

Police say the students ransacked the office where the phone was kept following which they set the office on fire.

The gang also ransacked the school's staff room and stock room and removed files relating to particular students.

A security guard alerted the Chaguanas Fire Station after he noticed smoke coming from the principal's office.

The were unable to prevent extensive damage to the principal's office but were able to stop the blaze from spreading to the rest of the school.

In March 2016, students set fire to the El Dorado East Secondary School just days after 21 students were suspended for deviant behaviour.
http://www.cnc3.co.tt/press-release/student-gang-sets-fire-cunupia-high-school

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Student gang sets fire to Cunupia High School

Postby Dizzy28 » October 24th, 2016, 10:16 am

Good boys they were!!!

Premchand1976
Riding on 16's

Postby Premchand1976 » October 24th, 2016, 10:16 am

Corporal punishment " may " have prevented this????

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » October 24th, 2016, 10:26 am

Dem children not serious nah. Too much youtube and TV.

I hope the deal with them seriously. That ain't no joke.

BTW 17yrs old and in Form 4?

The Unknown
3NE 2NR for life

Postby The Unknown » October 24th, 2016, 10:42 am

17 is form 5 an finishin

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » October 24th, 2016, 10:55 am

The Unknown wrote:17 is form 5 an finishin

I was 17 at the end of Lower 6 going into Upper 6.

baigan
Riding on 16's

Postby baigan » October 24th, 2016, 11:00 am

Dizzy28 wrote:

I was 17 at the end of Lower 6 going into Upper 6.

Everyone is different, some kids start early some start late, some repeat etc
I was 15 in form 5, some of my classmates were 15, 16, 17, 18 and even 19 in form 5

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » October 24th, 2016, 11:17 am

I wonder what their parents gonna do?

a. Blame school for failing child
b. beat some sense into child
c. big up child on social media for fighting system
d. threaten authorities to not touch their child
e. nothing

Kalisnakov
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Kalisnakov » October 24th, 2016, 11:26 am

Chop out they hand n foot

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » October 24th, 2016, 11:44 am

Expel dey ass & charge them with arson & as part of the punishment upon conviction put dem to wuk making all necessary repairs to the school. If ppl find dat too harsh it have an alternative.

I got a switch made from a guava branch dat was specially engineered to handle exactly these type of situations. very effective, provides long lasting results. I willin to donate it to d principal it if he want. it jus slightly used on one ownway nephew

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » October 24th, 2016, 11:47 am

Only problem is that it may take too long for them to repair it. I would say get it professionally repaired and send the bill to the students involved in addition to the other punishments.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » October 24th, 2016, 11:59 am

I didn't mean for those specific repairs eh, cuz it would take too long for the case to finish & the school & other children would suffer in d meantime.
Let d state make the repairs, but after the sentencing wuk dey ass, all drains to clean, yard to sweep, painting, toilet & classroom cleaning & any other R&M to be don is dem wuk till the cost to repair the office & fix all other damages is recovered.

& the rate to be used should be calculated at minimum wage, dat should keep dem busy till they nearly ready to collect old age pension

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » October 24th, 2016, 12:02 pm

88sins wrote:Expel dey ass & charge them with arson & as part of the punishment upon conviction put dem to wuk making all necessary repairs to the school. If ppl find dat too harsh it have an alternative.
on the news they said the students were transferred from Chaguanas Gov't Secondary for bad behavior and sent to Cunupia Gov't where this arson incident occurred.

I find parents should be made responsible for their children. If a child breaks something in a store, the parent is made to pay for it. Why is it different in society? If parents are made responsible for the actions of their children (17 and under), I think it will force parents to take more interest in what their child is doing and seek help quicker if they cannot control the child.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » October 24th, 2016, 12:09 pm

The boys' fathers never cared enough to discipline their sons. These boys just want some direction in life with a firm fist of iron discipline and love.

Join the Army. A good DI will sort the boys out.

BRZ
Riding on 16's

Postby BRZ » October 24th, 2016, 12:15 pm

Oh so he is 17 already! JAIL your lil animal tail, as its probably where youre going to end up , might as well get him settled in with his own cell, lokc him up now before its someones house he attempts to burn down!

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » October 24th, 2016, 12:21 pm

BRZ wrote:Oh so he is 17 already! JAIL your lil animal tail, as its probably where youre going to end up , might as well get him settled in with his own cell, lokc him up now before its someones house he attempts to burn down!
id much prefer tax money be spent on rehabilitation or fixing a broken system than just filling up the jails with no sense of improvement.

BRZ
Riding on 16's

Postby BRZ » October 24th, 2016, 12:59 pm

Well Duane this is why I have mentioned previously that all these CEPEP type programs should be stopped, Prisioners should be MADE to do that work, make them Earn their lodging and meals whilst contributing to the country.
The moment that Trinidad did away with Corporal punishment in schools and attempted to try the different approach to discipline we started to lose the battle, our youth have a different type of ignorance and attitudes.
We already have our hand in the cookie jar, what else is there to do? Hold parents also responsible ?

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » October 24th, 2016, 1:16 pm

I kinda agree with u eh Duane, but only to a point. Rehabilitation is ideal, but y d hell should I have to pay to fix the demon spawn created by johnny hotcock & betty badting as result of dey snackpack romance? dem hadda fix dat deyself. Add to that, that a minor learns nothing more than to try to lay the blame on others when its their parents paying the penalty for their destructive conduct.

imho, once an individual is past the age of 7-8 y/o you are going to be held accountable for the things you do and don't do. There are more than a few 8-12 y/o thieves & pests roaming the streets today knowing full well that what they doing is very wrong, and that persons look leniently upon them as children. I caught one picking a womans purse a couple years ago on d promenade. After he gone wit she wallet she still obliviously yappin wit some other female. as he passin me I hold him & drop 2 heavy clout on him, & d same dotish woman he jus robbed tellin me i wicked & advantageous. she get real quiet when I dip in he pocket & show she where her wallet was, is only then everybody realize the lil boi is a professional thief.

so, if a child is a thief, yuh go lock up d parents? the lil bandit go still be outside doing what he/she does best regardless of the parents location. Make the parents pay for what he stole? makes sense to a degree, but the child still received the reward of the gains from the theft & only the parents out of pocket because of it, again directly said child learns nothing.

But if parents were forced by law to act as parents & not they chile skool fren, if said parents were made to have to cut said child's arse in full view of the public while said offspring wears a sign stating in bold letters exactly what they did to earn the strokes they gettin, those same lil gremlins would learn real fast that they are responsible for their actions & 90% of this kaka wouldn't be going on today.

daiz my 2 cents, plenty ppl wouldn't agree, but daiz dem issues

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » October 24th, 2016, 1:18 pm

maj. tom wrote:The boys' fathers never cared enough to discipline their sons. These boys just want some direction in life with a firm fist of iron discipline and love.

Join the Army. A good DI will sort the boys out.

Once they don't end up like those two ex-armymen that were held the other day.

I fully agree with 88sins though. These children need to learn the value of hard work and the consequences of their actions.

xtech
punchin NOS

Postby xtech » October 24th, 2016, 1:42 pm

BRZ wrote:Well Duane this is why I have mentioned previously that all these CEPEP type programs should be stopped, Prisioners should be MADE to do that work, make them Earn their lodging and meals whilst contributing to the country.
The moment that Trinidad did away with Corporal punishment in schools and attempted to try the different approach to discipline we started to lose the battle, our youth have a different type of ignorance and attitudes.
We already have our hand in the cookie jar, what else is there to do? Hold parents also responsible ?

Hmmm... Wayne Chance say he had to get a cepep contract to put ex- prisoners to work since they can't get jobs an end up back on the streets in crime again.

But I really think the whole hard labor prisoners population should be used to clean drains in POS an rivers in central an take them to the beaches to pick up rubbish whole day. Make full use of the prison vans an buses. Let them clean all areas away from peoples homes cause them to fass an might come back to rob u after they out

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » October 24th, 2016, 2:17 pm

88sins wrote:Expel dey ass & charge them with arson & as part of the punishment upon conviction put dem to wuk making all necessary repairs to the school. If ppl find dat too harsh it have an alternative.

I got a switch made from a guava branch dat was specially engineered to handle exactly these type of situations. very effective, provides long lasting results. I willin to donate it to d principal it if he want. it jus slightly used on one ownway nephew

Simple solution...

Premchand1976
Riding on 16's

Re: RE: Re: Student gang sets fire to Cunupia High School

Postby Premchand1976 » October 24th, 2016, 4:01 pm

BRZ wrote:Well Duane this is why I have mentioned previously that all these CEPEP type programs should be stopped, Prisioners should be MADE to do that work, make them Earn their lodging and meals whilst contributing to the country.

What about the prisoners escaping ? We all know even under supervision all it takes is a Lil sexy ting to pass, a Lil food or a Lil drink up to distract " our " police officers. Too many chances of escaping is probably why it hasn't been implemented???

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » October 24th, 2016, 5:13 pm

88sins wrote:so, if a child is a thief, yuh go lock up d parents? the lil bandit go still be outside doing what he/she does best regardless of the parents location. Make the parents pay for what he stole? makes sense to a degree, but the child still received the reward of the gains from the theft & only the parents out of pocket because of it, again directly said child learns nothing.

But if parents were forced by law to act as parents & not they chile skool fren, if said parents were made to have to cut said child's arse in full view of the public while said offspring wears a sign stating in bold letters exactly what they did to earn the strokes they gettin, those same lil gremlins would learn real fast that they are responsible for their actions & 90% of this kaka wouldn't be going on today.
my suggestion is a process, not a direct "eye for an eye" solution.

If parents are made to be responsible for the actions of their children, more of them will take interest in what their children are doing. My point is yes, the 7-8yr old knows they are doing something wrong, but without guidance they will continue doing it and eventually justify it because no one is teaching them.

it took a process over a period of years to get those kids in the state they are in, one quick form of justice is not going to turn them around.

mero
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby mero » October 24th, 2016, 5:33 pm

Like allyuh doh realise it just have bad children? Nuclear household, parents decent jobs, setting good examples etc, children doing household chores.

Some parents really have no idea the menaces their children are and just as shocked as everyone else

Just have some wutless ppl out there

Cantmis
punchin NOS

Postby Cantmis » October 24th, 2016, 7:20 pm

PNM school or unc school?

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » October 24th, 2016, 7:23 pm

mero wrote:Like allyuh doh realise it just have bad children? Nuclear household, parents decent jobs, setting good examples etc, children doing household chores.

Some parents really have no idea the menaces their children are and just as shocked as everyone else

Just have some wutless ppl out there

Also peer pressure is a helluva thing. Good kids in groups with groupthink overriding logic, ego pushing them further and further. Teenage boys - we've been there...

X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X_Factor » October 24th, 2016, 8:21 pm

^yeah but not to the extent of breaking in a school, setting it on fire, destroying documents etc

example must be set, throw their asses in YTC, based on the punishment given to them it would just perpetuate others in doing the same knowing that it is just slap on the wrist punishment

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » October 24th, 2016, 8:26 pm

Kalisnakov wrote:Chop out they hand n foot

I like your style..

And i love that calypso...this is the solution.

All that is needed is a few examples to make a difference.

Premchand1976
Riding on 16's

Re: RE: Re: Student gang sets fire to Cunupia High School

Postby Premchand1976 » October 24th, 2016, 9:08 pm

Curtms wrote:PNM school or unc school?

this one wins

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » October 24th, 2016, 9:15 pm

Well the teacher should have given back the student the phone on Friday evening and this whole situation would have been avoided.

As a matter of fact I believe it is illegal to take the property of the kid and lock it away for the weekend....during school hours camera phones aren't allowed but after hours and out of school teachers have no say about that.

The teacher should have know better....doesntake sense for u to get two flat tyres for confiscating a cell phone......

Teacher like they real dotish to risk it for a phone...

This is the same school where a co worker wife of mine had her ranger stolen from the school car park in from the security booth two years ago....speculation that students stole it....

Teachers need to be smart....These schools are like a prison . TeAchers are equivalent to prison officers.....ytc thing....

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”