Forums

The Official Skybox Thread: Take 2

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Re: The Official Skybox Thread: Take 2

Postby pete » October 27th, 2016, 11:47 am

2NR Smurf wrote:Ahh ok I learning something here.
So what really causes some items to get charged duties and others to not? Something as simple as bulbs for example, sometimes I get charged duties sometimes I'm not. But they always come in declared as Bulbs.

The CNC3 article I saw they said that "a skybox company brought in 200 packages and cleared them as 100". Not saying that's what happened in your case though. :|

Cross Blood
Sweet on this forum

Postby Cross Blood » October 27th, 2016, 11:32 pm

Jewlicious wrote:Hey guys I need to ask please , the people who uses CSF couriers have you had any packages delivered to the Pompano Beach warehouse and the package was signed by PATRICK? If you have your UPS tracking number is it possible you can check? I had a package delivered last week tuesday and signed by PATRICK but up to now CSF can not tell me if they received the package or not. I contacted ups and they told me it was delivered to the correct address. CSF do not want to confirm or deny that they have a PATRICK working there. sigh

Yeah that name rings a bell. Try opening a ticket and selecting Pompano Beach inquiries and then ask them about the package. be sure to include your tracking number.

neexis
Riding on 18's

Postby neexis » October 28th, 2016, 8:54 am

Jewlicious wrote:Hey guys I need to ask please , the people who uses CSF couriers have you had any packages delivered to the Pompano Beach warehouse and the package was signed by PATRICK? If you have your UPS tracking number is it possible you can check? I had a package delivered last week tuesday and signed by PATRICK but up to now CSF can not tell me if they received the package or not. I contacted ups and they told me it was delivered to the correct address. CSF do not want to confirm or deny that they have a PATRICK working there. sigh

This link still works and it provides you with all the details of the shipment

http://csfcouriersltd.com/tracker.php

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » October 28th, 2016, 8:56 am

DESCRIPTION: AQUARIUM GLASS AIR DISK STONES
WEIGHT: 19 PCS: 1

FREIGHT 407.08
INSURANCE 30.60
IMPORT VAT 143.65
OPT 75.18
TOTAL
TTD

neexis
Riding on 18's

Postby neexis » October 28th, 2016, 10:15 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:DESCRIPTION: AQUARIUM GLASS AIR DISK STONES
WEIGHT: 19 PCS: 1

FREIGHT 407.08
INSURANCE 30.60
IMPORT VAT 143.65
OPT 75.18
TOTAL
TTD

Who did you use for this?

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » October 28th, 2016, 11:33 am

I'm assuming that the value of the invoice was TT$1075 for the parts?

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » October 28th, 2016, 11:48 am

That's ezone

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » October 28th, 2016, 11:50 am

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » October 28th, 2016, 2:19 pm

Just got screwed big time

Customs charge me $611 TT for a Chromebox that I paid $149 US for on Amazon. WOW and I even sent the invoice aswell

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » October 28th, 2016, 2:35 pm

The customs charge was $611 or the total cost to bring it in was $611?

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » October 28th, 2016, 3:22 pm

pete wrote:The customs charge was $611 or the total cost to bring it in was $611?

customs charge was $400 Vat and Duty and $211 for OPT totaling $611

Shipping was $49 USD separate to ship the Chrome box, cost of chromebox was $149 US and cost of the monitor was $178 US on Amazon it is a S2415H glossy screen 24" dell

And the Chromebox was $149 USD

The monitor was total of $147 TT in customs tax when in reality the monitor cost more than the Chrome box. this was an all time huge screw over

I contact Trincargo and requested a reimbursement because I DID send the invoice to transexpress in Miami and when they pulled it up down here they said yes I did send in the invoice but the Mexican workers in Miami never bothered to Print it.
So I hoping by Monday to get back my money from Trincargo. But who knows if I will but this was HUGE robbery.

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » October 28th, 2016, 3:41 pm

Opt should have been 153.56 for everything. Chromebox probably cleared as electronics instead of computer so that why it had duty.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » October 28th, 2016, 4:37 pm

pete wrote:Opt should have been 153.56 for everything. Chromebox probably cleared as electronics instead of computer so that why it had duty.

Yeah this was the Chromebox I bought

https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-4496890-T ... +chromebox

cost is $149 US and customs charge me nearly $100 US in Vat and Duty

I really hoping I get back my money from Trincargo, they say they will contact me on Monday I asked them to check my transexpress account the woman checked it and she verified that I sent in my invoice on time. But the undocumented Mexican workers in Miami are not familiar with English. So they didn't know how to read or attach the invoice to my package.

ru$$ell
30 pounds of Boost

Postby ru$$ell » October 28th, 2016, 4:43 pm

^undocumented workers in mia? LMAO

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » October 28th, 2016, 4:51 pm

ru$$ell wrote:^undocumented workers in mia? LMAO

Boy when I tell you these people clueless eh.

I even send them the invoice in time with a 5 hour grace period they charge me the $1 printing fee for attaching the invoice to the package and they NEVER did it. When you create a ticket they are so hopeless, they take a week to respond and when they do its in such broken English they might aswell be hired to do Chinese Translation.

"A very Good Sound" " World quality USB computer" "Charge well" "Sleep Well"

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » October 31st, 2016, 3:56 pm

Update:

Trincargo/Trinebox/Transexpress investigated it for me they determined that I indeed submitted my invoice so the fault was on transexpress for not providing it to customs. So the good lady down in Port of Spain agreed to refund me my $400 TT

I am surprised I got back this money normally you don't get back customs money in situations like this, these are good people I highly recommend them as a skybox.

http://www2.trinebox.com/index.php?lang=en

TheBoostLord
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby TheBoostLord » November 2nd, 2016, 2:47 pm

IBC seems to be stepping up their game.

scnsht.jpg

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » November 3rd, 2016, 8:16 pm

That is cool.

Right now I have to return some items. I recieved for the wrong vehicle. They are still awaiting my response on the way forward. They suggest I ship it back so that they can ship the correct items.
Of course they don't know is quite Trinidad the items are located

Have to DHL it or something.

2NR Smurf
TriniTuner Crew

Postby 2NR Smurf » November 10th, 2016, 12:19 pm

So apparently if you shop directly through aeropost.com, you won't be charged the Florida 7% sales tax. Which is good I guess. Dunno how much savings this will amount to tho...

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » November 10th, 2016, 12:55 pm

No sales tax but get charged aeropost markup.

2NR Smurf
TriniTuner Crew

Postby 2NR Smurf » November 10th, 2016, 1:14 pm

^yup. Same thing I was thinking.

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Re: RE: Re: The Official Skybox Thread: Take 2

Postby supercharged turbo » November 10th, 2016, 3:34 pm

2NR Smurf wrote:So apparently if you shop directly through aeropost.com, you won't be charged the Florida 7% sales tax. Which is good I guess. Dunno how much savings this will amount to tho...

So how come this only applies to Aeropost?

2NR Smurf
TriniTuner Crew

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: The Official Skybox Thread: Take 2

Postby 2NR Smurf » November 10th, 2016, 4:05 pm

supercharged turbo wrote:
2NR Smurf wrote:So apparently if you shop directly through aeropost.com, you won't be charged the Florida 7% sales tax. Which is good I guess. Dunno how much savings this will amount to tho...

So how come this only applies to Aeropost?

I'm guessing it's an exemption granted by Florida state authorities.

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » November 10th, 2016, 4:06 pm

That sounds like a wild guess

mojosodope
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby mojosodope » November 11th, 2016, 9:15 am

http://www.guardian.co.tt/business/2016-11-11/courier-company-gets-tax-exemption#

Courier company gets tax exemption

Courier company Aeropost maintains that the newly-implemented seven per cent online purchase tax (OPT) is unfair as it adds another layer of costs to the online shopping community.

At a press conference hosted at the company’s head office at Fernandez Industrial Centre, Laventille, yesterday, managing director Gillian Rodriguez-Clark said the company, while maintaining its legal obligation to comply with the tax, is not in favour of it.

“Our position on this tax is clear. We are not in support of it as we do not believe it has been fairly applied across all modes of shipping of online purchases. Like many other companies in our industry we have concerns about the mechanics of the tax which is unfairly targeted at just those of us bringing e-commerce by air. The tax also makes items more expensive for general consumers,” she said.

Rodriguez-Clark said because of the company’s more than three decades in the shipping and logistics business and its record of working closely with the US Government Customs and Border Protection Agency in Florida, Aeropost has been able to secure a tax exemption allowing its customers to save the US dollar taxes they would have incurred on their online shopping purchases.

“All US retailers are included, especially Trini favourites such as Amazon, eBay, Walmart, Forever 21, Gap and Old Navy, to name a few. What this means to our customers is that they save what they would have to pay on US taxes thereby fully discounting the impact of the seven per cent OPT,” she said.

Rodriguez-Clark said the exemption is exclusive to aeropost.com based on their commercial agreement with the state of Florida.

About the OPT​

In his budget presentation on September 30, Finance Minister Colm Imbert introduced the OPT to be levied on goods bought online and shipped into the country via air freight.

The OPT, set at seven per cent, went into effect on October 20 and is based on the cost insurance and freight (CIF) value of the imported goods.

Since its implementation courier companies have been lobbying to have the tax repealed claiming it unfairly targets companies bringing in goods by air.

Imbert recently revealed that Government collected approximately $1 million in the first ten days of the OPT.​

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby car » November 11th, 2016, 9:38 am

This 7 % tax that they are talking about is really 6.5-7% depends on who you buy from.
On eBay you don't pay this tax unless you ship from Florida to Florida.
This 7% does not equate to the 7% OPT.
They are clearly different values.
They say fully discounting the impact of the seven percent OPT. This is misleading as the 7% you are saving is 7% of the value of the item. This does not equate to 7% of the value of the item, the freight and insurance.
If there is no 7% tax when checking out then you don't save anything.

Still better than the other skybox as you still have a chance to save on purchases.

2NR Smurf
TriniTuner Crew

Postby 2NR Smurf » November 11th, 2016, 10:12 am

So my guess wasn't so wild after all...

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

The Official Skybox Thread: Take 2

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » November 11th, 2016, 10:53 am

car wrote:This 7 % tax that they are talking about is really 6.5-7% depends on who you buy from.
On eBay you don't pay this tax unless you ship from Florida to Florida.
This 7% does not equate to the 7% OPT.
They are clearly different values.
They say fully discounting the impact of the seven percent OPT. This is misleading as the 7% you are saving is 7% of the value of the item. This does not equate to 7% of the value of the item, the freight and insurance.
If there is no 7% tax when checking out then you don't save anything.

Still better than the other skybox as you still have a chance to save on purchases.
Well it depends. From what I understand, the only way to get the 7% off is to shop on Aeropost's website. Meaning you can't shop on Amazon and send it to Aeropost and get the 7% off, you MUST make the purchase through Aeropost's website to receive the 7% discount.

And the prices can vary:

Keep in mind though that the item price on Aeropost is inclusive of shipping and vat etc. (there is no duty on child car seats)

You work it out

2NR Smurf
TriniTuner Crew

Postby 2NR Smurf » November 11th, 2016, 11:15 am

^assuming the shipping weight is 23 lbs like Amazon says...that all inclusive cost not bad. I think aeropost is US 6.20/lb

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » November 11th, 2016, 11:47 am

I wouldn't fly in something that heavy personally. Not like you're gonna be surprised and need to get a baby seat in a week or anything :\

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”