Part of the push to cashless services.
Free transactions via POS terminals from any bank

RBL-1.JPG

RBL-2.JPG

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Re: RBC T&T Increased Fees

Postby hydroep » May 24th, 2016, 2:15 pm

The thing is there aren't any practical alternatives...unless you're willing to run to different banks to do those things which each offers more cheaply. And who has the time to do that? Most people will chalk up the cost of increased fees as one of convenience.

The ideal vehicle for change would have been the credit unions but legislation limits the services they can offer. Given the failure of the HCU and the potential for them to cut into the alleged local Banking Cartel's business don't expect that to change anytime soon.

Miktay
Shifting into 6th

Postby Miktay » May 24th, 2016, 2:30 pm

wavehunter
Street 2NR

Postby wavehunter » June 14th, 2016, 10:35 pm

I saw fcb also raising their rates too. I thought the government wouldnt want to do that to the people though.

wavehunter
Street 2NR

Postby wavehunter » June 14th, 2016, 10:36 pm

I saw fcb also raising their rates too. I thought the government wouldnt want to do that to the people though.

originalbling
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby originalbling » February 6th, 2017, 10:54 pm

acesinghit
punchin NOS

Postby acesinghit » February 7th, 2017, 12:07 am

I approached FCB yesterday to open an account with them because I too fed up of RBC. I'm thinking support local and stuff hence my reasoning for FCB besides I highly doubt even though the govt does not own the group entirely that they will allow them to sink. So I had my two forms of ID and a utility bill but they want job letter and I have a couple forms to fill out etc... so now I have to go to HR tmr to apply for a job letter so they can project the kind of funds passing thru my account. All this drama to open a chupid savings account just for your salary to pass thru.

rawCpoppa
Street 2NR

Postby rawCpoppa » February 7th, 2017, 7:34 am

acesinghit wrote:I approached FCB yesterday to open an account with them because I too fed up of RBC. I'm thinking support local and stuff hence my reasoning for FCB besides I highly doubt even though the govt does not own the group entirely that they will allow them to sink. So I had my two forms of ID and a utility bill but they want job letter and I have a couple forms to fill out etc... so now I have to go to HR tmr to apply for a job letter so they can project the kind of funds passing thru my account. All this drama to open a chupid savings account just for your salary to pass thru.

They can alternatively use a recent payslip as opposed to the job letter.

I'm surprised so many people still with RBC. It's like y'all love the abuse.

Coppershot
Riding on 17's

Postby Coppershot » February 7th, 2017, 7:56 am

https://www.guardian.co.tt/business/2017-02-07/rbc-royal-bank-announces-deposit-fees
Eight months after it caused an uproar over its decision to increase fees for its personal and business banking services, RBC Royal Bank announced yesterday that, effective March 27, it would be introducing a number of new fees and increasing some of its existing fees.

The Canadian-owned bank published a new personal banking schedule of fees and charges on its website. The new schedule includes an $8 deposit fee for what the bank describes as day-to-day banking, day-to-day savings, enhanced savings and student banking customers. The bank’s schedule does not make clear whether this new deposit fee includes ATM and salary deposits or if the fee pertains to only in-branch deposits.

Deposits by savers over 60 and those defined as young savers remain free, as do deposits made by VIP banking customers and those who enjoy RBC Royal’s no-limit banking.

Deposits in the bank’s high interest bearing eSavings accounts will now pay $14 to deposit.

According to the Central Bank’s comparative schedule of fees and charges as at June 30, 2016, RBC Royal Bank charged no fee on in-branch deposit transactions (teller) up to the middle of last year.

The bank also increased the monthly service charge on its day-to-day banking accounts to $25, which includes five free cheque transactions, but customers in this category will pay $3.50 per transaction thereafter. The Central Bank schedule indicated that the maintenance fee on savings accounts at RBC Royal Bank up to the middle of last year was $15 a month.

Young savers pay no monthly service charges for keeping their monies at RBC Royal Bank, while for those 60 and over there is no service charge if they maintain a balance of $15,000 or more.

RBC Royal Bank also increased from $7 to $8 the cost of in-branch withdrawals and other customer-generated debit transactions for many of its day-to-day customers. But this service remains free to its VIP customers, its 60 plus customers and its young savers.

Customers of the bank face a new cheque book distribution fee of $25 (if distributed by TTPost) and a fee of $30 if the bank holds their cheque books for more than 30 days.

The bank also alerted its customers that some of them will be required to pay a new fee of $4.50 a month for the processing of their account statements.

RBC Royal customers as well face a new international transaction charge of 0.25 per cent of the transaction amount on any foreign purchase made with their credit card. They are also likely to pay higher late payment and over-limit fees on their credit cards come March 27.

As a long term customer, i will be closing down my account and switching to another bank.
For reference 2016 rates, with old RBC fees
https://www.central-bank.org.tt/fees_and_charges

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » February 7th, 2017, 8:00 am

I've stayed with them out of laziness as well as the fact is just for the salary to pass through.

Any recommendations which bank to switch to?

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » February 7th, 2017, 8:12 am

You train people how to treat you. Year upon year, increase upon increase, people grumble but pony up and the bank gets away with it.

So why wouldn't they think they can raise fees again without any consequence?

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Postby ADONI » February 7th, 2017, 8:43 am

Les Bain wrote:I've stayed with them out of laziness as well as the fact is just for the salary to pass through.

Any recommendations which bank to switch to?

So did I dude. Main reason for me was my credit card. However, one of my co-worker says FCB can take over your credit card with 6 months no interest to pay off.

fokhan_96
Riding on 17's

Postby fokhan_96 » February 7th, 2017, 9:01 am

The only reason i created an account with them was the fact that you could have purchased $US via their online banking by transfer of funds directly from your $TT account to your $US account. Now that they stopped that sort of transaction i can't see a reason to stick with them.
Do any of the other banks support purchase of $US online ? I know RBTT doesn't.

originalbling
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby originalbling » February 7th, 2017, 9:12 am

Is a fee for deposits standard international practice? still dont understand why they need to charge you for depositing $$

Which other banks have a robust online banking platform as well as a good credit card miles program?

Scotia seems ok but their miles program is the aero platinum which has higher fees.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » February 7th, 2017, 9:22 am

originalbling wrote:Is a fee for deposits standard international practice? still dont understand why they need to charge you for depositing $$

Which other banks have a robust online banking platform as well as a good credit card miles program?

Scotia seems ok but their miles program is the aero platinum which has higher fees.

FCB's Online system pretty good (I use both that and Scotia). I also can transfer funds between my FCB and Scotia account at no cost.
I only have their VISA card which offers points and not miles however its $145 a year membership. I don't think Scotia has any credit card with such a low yearly fee.

The Savings account has no fees (so far, knocks on wood) with my only fees being the ATM fee (60c/transaction) and a standing order fee for my annuity.

urbandilema
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby urbandilema » February 7th, 2017, 9:34 am

Hmm just waiting for the year to done to close my account with them and give back their credit card..the reason is my car loan is with them. But then again seriously all these banks raising their stupid fees for digging out our eyes..best start back with matress savings

thelem-again
Sweet on this forum

Postby thelem-again » February 7th, 2017, 11:23 am

acesinghit wrote:I approached FCB yesterday to open an account with them because I too fed up of RBC. I'm thinking support local and stuff hence my reasoning for FCB besides I highly doubt even though the govt does not own the group entirely that they will allow them to sink. So I had my two forms of ID and a utility bill but they want job letter and I have a couple forms to fill out etc... so now I have to go to HR tmr to apply for a job letter so they can project the kind of funds passing thru my account. All this drama to open a chupid savings account just for your salary to pass thru.

This sheit!!

I opened an account with them 3 years ago and it was this same headache. Took me 2 different days at 2 different branches, just to open an account. I was unimpressed with their service and left the account dormant, which they eventually closed.

FCB just has too many red tapes. e.g. Online Banking. If not used consistently (monthly i believe) they close off your access, and you have to go in-branch to reapply.

I'm literally down to Scotia now. Don't like Republic (similar to FCB).

Suggestions??

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » February 7th, 2017, 11:28 am

With Republic FCB and Scotia...FCB has the best online banking right now. Scotia is OK too
Never had any issues with FCB tho and most my business goes thru them now

acesinghit
punchin NOS

Postby acesinghit » February 7th, 2017, 12:08 pm

I'm on a real support local kind of drive now so I might be a bit biased in some areas. I know for banking, I'll stick to FCB as soon as I get my job letter from HR and yes I'll walk with some recent pay slips too to show them. Next thing banks might ask for a resume and a certificate of character to open an account lol. Them Canadian banks only making non Trinis richer so I would encourage locals to support FCB and RBL.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » February 7th, 2017, 4:23 pm

I'm not even with RBC and this triggers me.
Feck them and let them hush dey kent.

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » February 7th, 2017, 5:07 pm

RBC muddacnt ..... closed off and moved to FCB about 6 months ago. Ridiculous charges and I was unlucky enough to have multiple errors on my account. Never me again , those Canadians can throw dey frame.

desifemlove

Postby desifemlove » February 7th, 2017, 5:23 pm

i left RBC long time....i bank with FCB and JMMB. better customer service, better products overall. RBC is not at the HSBC, Bank of America, BNP Paribas level, but they should have the biggest scope and provide best services. but it's consumers' fault, big foreign firms does come down and have shitty services, and people don't stand up to it.

acesinghit
punchin NOS

Postby acesinghit » February 8th, 2017, 3:24 am

how is it at JMMB? I wonder if Trinis will warm up to a Jamaican bank. The Indian bank here look like it suffering or looks can be deceiving.

whizzard
3NE 2NR for life

Re: RE: Re: RBC T&T Increased Fees

Postby whizzard » February 8th, 2017, 6:52 am

thelem-again wrote:

This sheit!!

I opened an account with them 3 years ago and it was this same headache. Took me 2 different days at 2 different branches, just to open an account. I was unimpressed with their service and left the account dormant, which they eventually closed.

FCB just has too many red tapes. e.g. Online Banking. If not used consistently (monthly i believe) they close off your access, and you have to go in-branch to reapply.

I'm literally down to Scotia now. Don't like Republic (similar to FCB).

Suggestions??

I had a similar experience. Checked online and called first to ensure I walked with everything required, and had to make an appointment. Had to wait 2 hours despite having the appointment, only to be told the person they booked my appointment with doesn't do those transactions. Finally was attended to, to then be told I needed something pretty minor additional and they were willing to accommodate. Left and never looked back. Used to have decent service at RBL, but RBC facilitated my car loan better (RBL insisted on buying from their list of users or had to make a 50% dp).

Not feeling Scotia so considering JMMB for a while heard few but decent reviews so far.

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Postby ADONI » February 8th, 2017, 8:53 am

I have heard from people FCB is better than the rest in terms of service charges, but the wait time to get something done is a killer... 2 hours and thing...

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » February 8th, 2017, 9:10 am

ADONI wrote:I have heard from people FCB is better than the rest in terms of service charges, but the wait time to get something done is a killer... 2 hours and thing...

You can request most of the FCB services online and just pick up in branch. e.g. Manager's check, letter for embassy, account statements etc. The only thing I have never done online yet is request forex.

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Postby ADONI » February 8th, 2017, 10:08 am

^^ Thanks. I see you can sign up online and they will call you within two days with further setup information and appointment.

desifemlove

Postby desifemlove » February 8th, 2017, 10:13 am

acesinghit wrote:how is it at JMMB? I wonder if Trinis will warm up to a Jamaican bank. The Indian bank here look like it suffering or looks can be deceiving.

not so bad. only thing i don't like is seeing my name on the ATM when i type in my PIN. other than that, seem good enough.

Coppershot
Riding on 17's

Postby Coppershot » February 8th, 2017, 11:17 am

I checking out JMMB and Scotia this week. I already have an account with RBL that i only use for the VTM Card.
RBC was my first account when i started to work, been through a lot of crap with them in past,the two nationwide blackouts of atm services, atm have no currency at branch atms during business hours and now increasing fees again.

originalbling
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby originalbling » February 8th, 2017, 11:27 am

^^ make sure to change to e-statements thru online banking or call/go into the branch and request it. The default is paper statements for which they will charge $4.50 when those new fees kick in.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”