Forums

Parental criminal responsibility Act...

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

desifemlove
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby desifemlove » February 9th, 2017, 4:09 pm

Princes Town MP Barry Padarath is calling on the Attorney General to make parents responsible for children who carry out criminal acts by passing on criminal liability.

In a statement, Padarath called on government to consider a Parental Responsibility Act which would pass on any criminal liability committed by children to their parents or legal guardians.

Padarath said parents should also be held liable for gun possession where a child is found to be in possession of guns and ammunition.

In the last sitting of Parliament, Padarath said he questioned Attorney General Faris Al-Rawi, who responded that government would look at strengthening existing pieces of legislation.

He referenced legislation within the UK in which a similar position was being advanced and urged Al-Rawi to stop being ‘afraid of taking drastic steps to dealing with crime’.

He said citizens should take action now to deal with the progression of deviant and criminal behaviour.

He said the time has come for less talk and more action and said government needs to start thinking ‘outside of the box’ regarding murders and other serious crime.

Under the S56 (1) of the Children Act 2012, regarding minors charged before the courts with an offence which attracts a fine, damages or costs, the court may order the parent to pay any fine, damages or costs awarded, unless the court is satisfied that the parent cannot be found or the parent did not contribute to the commission of the offence by neglecting to exercise due care of the child.

Under s(56)(3) of the Act, “Where the Court finds that a charge against a child is proved, the Court, without proceeding to convict the child, may make:

(a) an order against the parent, guardian or person with responsibility for the child– (i) for the payment of damages or costs; or (ii) requiring him to give security for good behaviour;

(b) a Recognisance Order in accordance with the Children’s Authority Act; or

(c) any other order including an interim order as the Court thinks fit under section 25 of the Children’s Authority Act.

S(57) of the Act says where a child is convicted of an offence and the court is of the view that the child’s parent did not exercise due care, the court may demand the parent pay an additional fine.

Under S(60), where a child is convicted of an offence that is punishable by imprisonment, he may be placed in a Community Residence, or, if the child is between the ages of 10-18, placed in a Rehabilitation Centre, or, if under 10 years, be placed in a Children’s Home.

Seems OK in principle. But then not that simple. if a 17 year old robs somebody, when they old enough to handle themselves at home and withut parental supervision, how does this fit in? 17 is under the age of criminal responsibility.

but then didn't his party have five years to do this? BOTH parties are culpable for crime, not Dr. Rowley alone. rspussy would say this is posing or posting news...well yeah....(like i give a firetruck, de man post news stories all the time...)

http://www.looptt.com/content/princes-t ... ed-parents

4a70
3NE 2NR for life

Re: Parental criminal responsibility Act...

Postby 4a70 » February 10th, 2017, 7:09 am

S56 (1) the pearant cudnt be found or did not contribute to the commisioning of the crime.... by this most kids 17 who doing crime prob leave home already and move out. And if they are home still the pearants shud have them in check so yea the law ok imho

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » February 10th, 2017, 7:42 am

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » February 10th, 2017, 8:36 am

Le Maux.

HSA
Riding on 17's

Postby HSA » February 10th, 2017, 9:12 am

desifemlove

Postby desifemlove » February 10th, 2017, 10:01 am

haha....you fool. most posts on this forum are from news. what do you tink the POINT of this sub-forum is? but you "proud" to wuk CEPEP and say you're in big wuk but continually sound naive and stupid. wha yuh go do.....come tek my computer and slap me up for posting "news" when others do FOOL!

desifemlove

Postby desifemlove » February 10th, 2017, 10:16 am

haha....you fool. most posts on this forum are from news. what do you tink the POINT of this sub-forum is? but you "proud" to wuk CEPEP and say you're in big wuk but continually sound naive and stupid. wha yuh go do.....come tek my computer and slap me up for posting "news" when others do FOOL!

desifemlove

Postby desifemlove » February 10th, 2017, 10:18 am

and you who post irreverent/irrelevant/uneducated sheit. i taught you boast yuh big wuk...haha..why you ask "what job yuh get"?

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » February 10th, 2017, 10:23 am

Bring back corporal punishment.
*edit*
For the parents I meant, it just absurd to use physical punishment on poor innocent minors that just want to rob/rape/kill somebody .

mitsu_chick941
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby mitsu_chick941 » February 10th, 2017, 10:28 am

meccalli wrote:Image

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » February 10th, 2017, 11:20 am

timelapse wrote:Bring back corporal punishment.
*edit*
For the parents I meant, it just absurd to use physical punishment on poor innocent minors that just want to rob/rape/kill somebody .

Over and over we are using the same approach. Its not working.

The way society has become, a minor's age should be reduced to 12 years.

Execute ages 13 and above that wish to rob/rape/kill.

There is no beat up when innocent people are killed daily...no ones cares, it has become the norm.....

but no one wants to kill the criminals...the justice system makes the criminals as comfortable as possible...why?

We have to start the mass executions now..fight violence with violence..it wont be for long, just until the message is clear and crime rate reduces...it is a sacrifice to be made.

The upcoming generation has to be born into a fear of doing crime.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » February 10th, 2017, 11:21 am

timelapse wrote:Bring back corporal punishment.
*edit*

Over and over we are using the same approach. Its not working.

Execute ages 13 and above that wish to rob/rape/kill.

There is no beat up when innocent people are killed daily...no ones cares, it has become the norm.....

but no one wants to kill the criminals...the justice system makes the criminals as comfortable as possible...why?

We have to start the mass executions now..fight violence with violence..it wont be for long, just until the message is clear and crime rate reduces...it is a sacrifice to be made.

The upcoming generation has to be born into a fear of doing crime.

desifemlove

Postby desifemlove » February 10th, 2017, 11:49 am

educated man above, who claims to be a doc or some such, doesn't believe that capital punishment isn't perfect and don't wuk cos it don't match his own mental narrative haha... so much for "smarts", eh?

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » February 10th, 2017, 1:05 pm

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » February 10th, 2017, 5:06 pm

Fining parents will also lead to an increase in domestic violence...

Miktay
Shifting into 6th

Postby Miktay » February 10th, 2017, 5:33 pm

Thiz act will go nowhere IMHO.

Why?

We dont have enforcement of current laws.
We dont have enough police who are trained equipped and are able & willing to pursue criminals.
We dont have adequate detection of the perpetrators of serious crimes.
We dont have proper and timely prosecution of criminal suspects.
We dont have enough jails to house these potential criminals.

IOW Thiz well-meaning but useless gesture iz just a pappy show designed to placate a crime shocked populace rather than addressing the situation.

It also demonstrates how out of touch MPs are with the brutish reality of T&T lawlessness.

Thiz one of the hallmarks of Big Gubbament.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » February 10th, 2017, 7:46 pm

If parents have to be responsible for their children's actions ,I am calling on the authorities to Sentence Desi mother and father to life in jail . Also I find he/she/it should be spayed to prevent the same thing from happening again,

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » February 10th, 2017, 7:49 pm

Lolll

SammyPolly
Street 2NR

Postby SammyPolly » February 10th, 2017, 7:50 pm

HSA wrote:lets just create threads on all the news from

Brace yourselves...the plague has returned

This OP normal ??

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » February 10th, 2017, 7:54 pm

Search his posts ,read them ,then come back and tell us if you think he normal.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » February 10th, 2017, 10:20 pm

rspann wrote:Search his posts ,read them ,then come back and tell us if you think he normal.

He only has to look at this one to recognize feminine's illiteracy...........

desifemlove

Postby desifemlove » February 11th, 2017, 6:31 am

rspann wrote:Search his posts ,read them ,then come back and tell us if you think he normal.

like your nuggets of wisdom, eh? like following me around to correct me, when you does makeerrors, and iz a know all?

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » February 11th, 2017, 6:35 am

Desi baby, why you don't want me to comment, cos you judging me and you don't want to be judged? Haha,I don't care cuz I put you on ignore ,haha, aspergers. Sounds familiar?

desifemlove

Postby desifemlove » February 11th, 2017, 6:39 am

rspann wrote:Desi baby, why you don't want me to comment, cos you judging me and you don't want to be judged? Haha,I don't care cuz I put you on ignore ,haha, aspergers. Sounds familiar?

yes....

cos you don't get you're a man and people will judge you. you cite imaginary beliefs in your mind that people don't, only cos others in your lagoon or temple say not. I laugh at you since it's pretty pathetic, so if you were walking through Penal or wherever you live wearing an oversized diaper or nothing else, won't people judge you? you either have asperger's (hence my continual claims...) or you have unrealistic views of life.

i only respond since you and yuh crew cuss me. and yes, i put you on ignore, is there anything wrong in that, since that's my prerogative as a forum member??

so you can PM me and tell me you going down the islands. tell that to yuh wife, not me, i don't need to know nor care.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » February 11th, 2017, 6:44 am

Baby why yuh getting on so with me? Take a Midol and chill nah.

desifemlove

Postby desifemlove » February 11th, 2017, 6:46 am

haha...cos you all rough me up, i do it to you. is that a problem?

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » February 11th, 2017, 6:57 am

desifemlove wrote:i only respond since you and yuh crew cuss me. and yes, i put you on ignore, is there anything wrong in that, since that's my prerogative as a forum member??

You only respond because you have nothing else to do in your life. The real world rejects and scorns you so you seek attention here. But hey, sitting and hiding sure beats being spat on in public eh? Cant you see that you're a joke?

Get a job you love, take a loan and buy some friends....join a gym and start dropping those pounds.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » February 11th, 2017, 7:09 am

MaxPower wrote:
desifemlove wrote:i only respond since you and yuh crew cuss me. and yes, i put you on ignore, is there anything wrong in that, since that's my prerogative as a forum member??

You only respond because you have nothing else to do in your life. The real world rejects and scorns you so you seek attention here. But hey, sitting and hiding sure beats being spat on in public eh? Cant you see that you're a joke?

Get a job you love, take a loan and buy some friends....join a gym and start dropping those pounds.

And the little kantmeister quick to reach by people wife/children/family with his autism type comments.

crash dummy
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby crash dummy » February 11th, 2017, 7:14 am

HSA wrote:lets just create threads on all the news from

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news

http://www.guardian.co.tt/

http://www.newsday.co.tt/

http://sunshinett.com/v2/

http://www.looptt.com/

Brace yourselves...the plague has returned

I think posting news articles is meant to generate discussion.. get other views etc etc
part of socialization etc.. so i dont rly see the issue. ray786 used to get real licks in the past for it.. somebody else jus take up the mantle

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » February 11th, 2017, 7:15 am

All I tell she is that five of us going down the islands and if she dress up in a nice bikini, she would have a good time, I don't know what she getting on so for. She coulda tell me is that time of the month, she don't have to be so rude.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”