TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Dennis Gage comes to T&T!!! Hott93 & The V8 Boys 2017

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Classic Cars Unlimited
3NE 2NR for life

Dennis Gage comes to T&T!!! Hott93 & The V8 Boys 2017

Postby Classic Cars Unlimited » February 10th, 2017, 9:58 am

This is it...the show of shows, the creme de la creme, the icing on the cake, the most BEYOND EPIC car show of ALL time!!!

Hott 93 & The V8 Boys proudly present : #backtotheoldschool2017

THE GRAND AUTO SHOW 2017

featuring the icon himself... Dennis Gage host of My Classic Car

taking T&T to a worldwide audience of 100 MILLION viewers on MAVTV, Velocity, Rev'n and ABC Sports!!!

Get your classics ready...save the date...listen out to Hott 93 for details and come be a part of HISTORY!!!

Auto-Show-Flyer2017.jpg

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Re: Dennis Gage comes to T&T!!! Hott93 & The V8 Boys 2017

Postby supercharged turbo » February 10th, 2017, 12:26 pm

Will be there..the car almost done

Classic Cars Unlimited
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Classic Cars Unlimited » February 10th, 2017, 12:33 pm

Much appreciation goes out to trinituner.com and zorce.com for being our steadfast, most loyal and longstanding sponsors since 2010!

We hope to achieve something GOOD for ALL of our beautiful Twin-Island Republic and are thankful for the support from such great sponsors!!!

483555_601142316581562_1212699088_n.jpg

index.jpg
Last edited by Classic Cars Unlimited on February 10th, 2017, 9:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Classic Cars Unlimited
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Classic Cars Unlimited » February 10th, 2017, 12:44 pm

We are proud to announce our first major sponsor!!!!

Version 2.jpg

A fully locally owned, locally produced company and product with WORLD CLASS standards!!!

Tank & Fuel Services Limited is a Complete Fuel Management Company specializing in:

* Fuel Tank Cleaning
* Fuel Polishing
* Fuel Sampling & Testing
* Fabrication & Installation of fuel tanks
* Supply & Installation of Mountable Fuel Polishing Systems
* Supplier of Industrial Grade Cleaners & Degreasers - Such as De Oil It and Formula 88
* Supplier of Fuel Medic Fuel Treatments & Additives

We will be showcasing both Fuel Medic Fuel Treatments & Additives and Formula 88. We will be conducting live demonstrations of these products and providing samples to patrons visiting our booth on the day of the events.

FUEL MEDIC:

Fuel Medic Fuel Treatments & Additives are designed to specifically target the contamination that resides within the fuel tank that results in poor performance and potential engine failure. There are preventative blends and corrective blends under the Fuel Medic line of products.

The preventative blend is called Fuel Tank Medic and it treats both GAS & DIESEL. It is mainly used to maintain good fuel quality or if you experience minor to medium levels of contamination, its function is to break down the contamination and disperse it throughout the fuel load allowing it to become burnable. At this stage the contamination is removed and can safely pass through the fuel system without harming it in the process.

There are three corrective blends called 2x4 Cycle Medic and Gas Marine Medic, which treat GAS ONLY and Diesel Cleaner which treats DIESEL ONLY. Its mainly used to FIX medium to high levels of contamination by replicating the same function as the preventative blends but with more concentrated to help remove carbon deposits, unclog fuel lines, clean injectors and fuel pumps, etc.

FORMULA 88:

Formula 88 is an effective everyday cleaner/degreaser that the everybody can use from the housewife to the mechanic. This product is great for cleaning and degreasing literally anything from engines and engine components for equipment, vehicles, machinery to the floors and appliances in your kitchen.

Classic Cars Unlimited
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Classic Cars Unlimited » February 10th, 2017, 9:52 pm

And our second major sponsor!!!

Returning with us for 2017 is our official wheel sponsor!

Image1489.png
13015242_1000945973325137_3009772499717551549_n.jpg

Team Loco
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Team Loco » February 10th, 2017, 10:21 pm

Great job guys. Looking forward to the show

veedubtt
Sweet on this forum

Postby veedubtt » February 11th, 2017, 4:23 am

any give away car this yr folks?

V8 Boys
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby V8 Boys » February 11th, 2017, 7:08 am

veedubtt wrote:any give away car this yr folks?

absolutely!!!!!

That's my signature, my calling card, my specialty, my defining characteristic, my hallmark, my heartfelt gift to the patrons who support this awesome resurgence called: The Old School!

What is a Grand Auto Show without a "giveaway car"?

Economy could be up, down or sideways.....I'll ALWAYS have a Giveaway Car!!!
I just love doing it, the excitement, the anticipation of the crowd....the HUSH that envelopes Skinner Park at 5pm.....the absolute look of expectation I am able to SEE on the faces of the throngs of loyal GAS Fans
(Grand Auto Show Fans)....the sheer energy in that moment is just so addictive.....i really really enjoy giving away a car...on that stage. I really do!

Ok..enough of the sappy stuff.... In keeping with the theme of this year's show: "Back to the Old School" ......The Giveaway Car this year is a 1961 Hillman Super-Minx

And it's going to be such an epic moment in Skinner Park when Dennis joins me onstage to HAND THE KEYS to the lucky winner!!!

imageswow.jpg
imageswow.jpg (9.34 KiB) Viewed 144482 times

amd-dude
Sweet on this forum

Postby amd-dude » February 11th, 2017, 7:49 am

I hope this time there is more quality over quantity. Just saying, some cars really weren't up to par to be in a prestigious show such as this. This time especially as there are international eyes on us.

Classic Cars Unlimited
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Classic Cars Unlimited » February 11th, 2017, 9:03 am

amd-dude wrote:I hope this time there is more quality over quantity. Just saying, some cars really weren't up to par to be in a prestigious show such as this. This time especially as there are international eyes on us.

Very good observation....

we will be on several cable networks, seen by some 100 million viewers WORLDWIDE, and the last thing we want is to appear unprepared, and undeserved of an internationally acclaimed syndicated show.

In as much as we've made our name MIXING the old and the new...quality show cars and some not so "hot", we have taken a HUGE step up in securing Dennis and his team.

Therefore in harmony with the theme of our show Back to the OLD SCHOOL and the fact that we HAVE to lift our game...we will be giving PREFERENCE to........

Classics (cars 25yrs and older) Antiques (50 yrs and older), Exotics, Race Cars, Rally Cars, Sports Cars, & 4x4s.

They will be arranged according to make, model and year...will be special sections for each category, parking in an orderly fashion and spaced evenly....so that My Classic Car and Dennis Gage...together with the rest of the world sees what T&T really has.

This is a ONCE IN A LIFETIME opportunity....not just for a few...but for ALL of T&T.

Dennis wont JUST be coming for the show...

but we'll be taking him around T&T to our historic sites, our cultural sites, parade him with Steel Pan, Maracas, Manzanilla Stretch, St James, San Fernando's City Hall, Independence Square and the Queen's Park Savannah....all filmed and aired for all the world to see the beauty of T&T on 2 episodes of his show!!!

Many details will be given right here and on hott 93 and we are glad to be able to bring something positive to our somewhat troubled shores...yes T&T NEEDS this show...we NEED to highlight positives...and TOGETHER we can do it!!!

Thanks for the tips friends!

Dennis-Logo.jpg

The Paleontologist
18 pounds of Boost

Postby The Paleontologist » February 11th, 2017, 10:42 am

Great initiative to showcase our country also.
Will definitely be there

Classic Cars Unlimited
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Classic Cars Unlimited » February 11th, 2017, 1:33 pm

The Paleontologist wrote:Great initiative to showcase our country also.
Will definitely be there

Excellent!!!

And....we cant miss out Tobago either!

Yup..we're taking Dennis and his crew to Tobago on Tuesday after the show.....meet some old schoolers there...take in our beautiful sister-isle's beaches, waterfalls and nature reserves......

Oh yes...we're going to do our best to share as much of our heritage and culture with the world!

And...maybe...just maybe have impact on our people, our YOUTH as well.

V8 Boys
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby V8 Boys » February 12th, 2017, 7:58 am

This is Dennis Gage in Puerto Rico...the ONLY time he has done a show in the Caribbean.

If you look closely, you'll observe the extremely high level of quality in the vehicles at this Puerto Rican visit....and the sheer variety of cars OVER 25yrs old.

We want every SHOW WORTHY classic and antique car present for this ONCE IN A LIFETIME visit from Dennis Gage!!! So spread the word!!!!

V8 Boys
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby V8 Boys » February 14th, 2017, 9:37 am

[b][i]Awesome, rare and immaculately restored classics and antiques! We're truly fortunate to have My Classic Car and Dennis Gage grace our shores on April 30th @ Skinner Park!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HvMqEwixrY&t=622s

Dennis-caricature-head.jpg

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » February 14th, 2017, 2:55 pm

What you plan to do about the people coming in with alcohol this year because it looks like much attention wasn't given in that area last year.There were numerous people with coors/carib/stag cans in their hand.I don't think you want a repeat of the motorbike guy from last year.

V8 Boys
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby V8 Boys » February 14th, 2017, 10:01 pm

supercharged turbo wrote:What you plan to do about the people coming in with alcohol this year because it looks like much attention wasn't given in that area last year.There were numerous people with coors/carib/stag cans in their hand.I don't think you want a repeat of the motorbike guy from last year.

Been hearing that bro....and that bike man....yeah, wont happen again.

Thinking no bikes...and fellas who like to chip and peel tires....this is not going to be like the usual "everybody eeenside" show.... definitely have to prevent the wildness...and the alcohol.

We've been talking about that...the last thing we'd want is for some child or pregnant woman...or anybody for that matter getting bounce down or hurt...or a fight break out.

That really isnt what I intended for this show....so we'll be emphasizing that this is OUR time...the OLD SCHOOL's time to shine.....mellow vibes, good clean fun....no wildness.

Because of Dennis' visit and him being a high profile celebrity, we're getting MUCH more security...as in uniformed and plain clothes police....not just at the show, but WHEREVER he goes...and we are taking him all over T&T...with the help of TIDCO.

So I'll be meeting with that contingent of special officers in the next few weeks to discuss these matters.

Thanks for the pointers bro.....

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » February 14th, 2017, 10:23 pm

Np

Classic Cars Unlimited
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Classic Cars Unlimited » February 16th, 2017, 11:38 pm

A little about the man, the LEGEND Dennis Gage

Dennis Gage Bio

Dennis grew up on a small family farm in northwestern Illinois. He started tinkering with machines early on and purchased his first motorcycle, a Honda 50 at age 12, his first car, a ‘59 T-Bird, at age 15. He also played guitar and trumpet in a variety of rock, folk, and school bands.

He went to North Central College in Naperville, Illinois where he majored in both chemistry and physics.
His undergraduate research in quantum physics received an American Chemical Society award. He
continued his automotive interest and, through the course of his college years, owned a number of
muscle and sports cars. He also kept up his music, playing in local coffee houses.

After receiving his Bachelor’s degree, Dennis took up the pedal steel guitar and started playing in country-rock bands in the Chicago area. He has opened for acts such asCharlie Daniels, Waylon Jennings and Dr. Hook. However, after two years, Dennis decided to retire from the music scene and
go to graduate school. He attended the University of Idaho, where he received a Ph.D. in chemistry. While there, Dennis became an avid climber and winter mountaineer. He also finally married his high school sweetheart, Ellen.

After receiving his doctorate,
Dennis accepted a position as a product development scientist at The Procter & Gamble Company in Cincinnati, Ohio. There he either worked on, or created, most of P&G’s food products in the 80’s, including Pringles, with which he bears a striking resemblance to the handlebar mustachioed character on the can. Dennis received a number of patents while at P&G.

220px-Pringles.svg.png
220px-Pringles.svg.png (38.48 KiB) Viewed 144112 times

Once again having some disposable income, Dennis got back to playing with classic cars. This is also where
he and Ellen had their three children, Emily, Jillian, and Sam.

After 10 years at P&G, Dennis took a position as Director of Product Development at a Bristol-Myers Squibb company in Evansville, Indiana where he led the development of Boost nutritional energy drink, among other products.
In 1995 he met the founder of the fledgling Bradley David Productions, Inc., and he became co-owner of the company shortly thereafter......A My Classic Car pilot series, hosted by Dennis,was developed for TNN and received strong ratings when it aired in early 1996. Based on this success, the show premiered as a weekly series on TNN in January, 1997.

It hasn’t been off the air since.

n 2000 the show moved to the SPEED channel where it ultimately reached OVER 85 MILLION HOUSEHOLDS and was one of the highest rated programs on the network. Now in production for its 22nd season, My Classic Car is carried on Velocity , NBC Sports Network, MAVTV and Rev-’networks reaching over 100 MILLION households.
In addition, Dennis is the Executive Producer of the motorcycle television program, Trippin’ on Two Wheels and Corbin’s Ride On, and the reality series, Texas Hard-tails, as well as the independent film, Novem.

Dennis and his business partner received the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year award for Indiana in 2000. He received the Lee IacoccaAward in 2014 and was inducted into the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Hall of Fame in 2015.

Dennis has also served on the SEMA Board of Directors, as well as a number of academic and industry advisory boards.

In 2010 Dennis became sole owner of the production company and renamed it MadStache, Inc. With his lifelong love of cars, motorcycles,
and the creative process, he states, “This has got to be the ultimate job!”

What an honor and privilege for him to grace our little show with his team and world famous franchise!!!

20161103_195715.jpg

V8 Boys
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby V8 Boys » February 20th, 2017, 12:11 am

Can you imagine a show with over 12,000 cars?!!!

Here's a really great show in Minnesota that has been held for 41 straight years....wow, just wow!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnu1_zQ ... msHNp7giFz

Dennis-Logo.jpg

Classic Cars Unlimited
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Classic Cars Unlimited » February 21st, 2017, 9:12 pm

Early-bird tickets out next week at locations nationwide!!!

Auto-Show-Flyer2017(1).jpg

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » February 22nd, 2017, 10:57 am

Driver and car still free?

V8 Boys
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby V8 Boys » February 22nd, 2017, 2:24 pm

supercharged turbo wrote:Driver and car still free?

absolutely bro......once you are PRE-REGISTERED, drive a show-worthy classic (25yrs and older) an antique over 50 yrs old, an exotic, a PRE-approved sports car......s14, cefiro ,alteeza, skyline, sti, gtr etc...or are a part of the 50 offroad vehicles invited..YUP...car and driver FREE

Its how I've done it from day one....a car show is NOTHING without SHOW CARS....so by rights they shouldnt be paying to help make the show.

The clubs that have supported us for the past shows are always treated right....they are>>>>>

T&T V8 Car Club, Ford Car Club of T&T, Trinimini Club, The VW Crew, Old School Toyota Crew, Datsun Crew, The Mazda and A117 Lancer Club, ALL Antique Clubs and Associations, Side B and all other Offroad Clubs,

Then there are the RACE cars.....as a former drag racer, I've ALWAYS had a special spot for the Race Cars...even a few Drift cars.

The week AFTER carnival we'll be holding a MEETING for ALL the clubs, persons wishing to participate and for those who would like to PRE-REGISTER their cars..... A SPECIAL STICKER WILL GIVEN TO PRE-APPROVED cars so that entry into Skinner Park can move more smoothlyGrand Bazaar

I would like to here let all those who've supported our show for the past 8 years that we truly appreciate their passionate support, the hard work that goes into their cars....but...this year our show is going to be on a WORLD stage....and the name of the program on cable we will be showing the world what TRINIDAD and TOBAGO has is called: MY CLASSIC CAR

what that means is that our focus, our criteria, our goal, our desire....is to have CLASSIC CARS on display....and SHOW-worthy classics at that, for the world...yes THE WORLD to see.

Also.....as renters of a facility, we have the right to refuse admission to any person or persons we deem unfit, unruly, disruptive, combative or destructive. This is to LIMIT the chances of something untoward or unfortunate happening and ruining a beautiful thing we have been doing for almost 10 years.

That means that Skinner Park will not be able to hold the HUNDREDS of cars that will surely be wanting to take part....we will do our best as we have always done to get the majority inside....but we hope that all takes place decently and Dennis takes back ONLY positives from his visit to our BEAUTIFUL T&T!!!

13178568_849911825120395_2248370204084174873_n.jpg

SMc
punchin NOS

Postby SMc » February 23rd, 2017, 5:43 pm

V8 Boys wrote:
veedubtt wrote:any give away car this yr folks?

absolutely!!!!!

That's my signature, my calling card, my specialty, my defining characteristic, my hallmark, my heartfelt gift to the patrons who support this awesome resurgence called: The Old School!

In keeping with the theme of this year's show: "Back to the Old School" ......The Giveaway Car this year is a 1961 Hillman Super-Minx

And it's going to be such an epic moment in Skinner Park when Dennis joins me onstage to HAND THE KEYS to the lucky winner!!!

imageswow.jpg

Is that the actual car being given away?

V8 Boys
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby V8 Boys » February 23rd, 2017, 10:19 pm

actually the car is green....was blueish purple when i bought it 6yrs ago.......we did the body a few years ago...but i kinda like the red.

We're giving her a do-over...i think we'll go back in that red 2 tone.

960130_626262564069537_649377984_n.jpg
960130_626262564069537_649377984_n.jpg (16.79 KiB) Viewed 138540 times

16865161_1548722021823582_1405656503961615704_n.jpg

V8 Boys
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby V8 Boys » February 24th, 2017, 2:18 pm

Get ready T&T!!!

V8 Boys
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby V8 Boys » February 28th, 2017, 11:46 am

Just 8 weeks til the most beyond epic Grand Auto Show...and we're doing soooo much each week....so we've decided to share!

Much thanks to Leandra and Wheel Wizard, Daryl Ali and Auto Nation for their support over the years!

look out for next week's vid when we go to our other sponsors, thanking them for helping us put on this historic show

Classic Cars Unlimited
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Classic Cars Unlimited » March 1st, 2017, 9:20 am

[i]Just under 8 weeks to go for the most BEYOND epic Grand Auto Show in T&T history!

We are here asking that the clubs that have supported us as well as those desiring to have their SHOW CARS attend come to our GENERAL meeting at Grand Bazaar in front Toppers...on Sunday March 12th at 5pm sharp!

This will be to give out info, parking, entry, judging and also to screen cars for the show.

A special pass/sticker will be given to those whose cars meet the criteria for this awesome world reknowned tv series coming to T&T!

In keeping with the name of the Dennis' show>>>My Classic Car

we will be giving preference to CLASSICS> 25 years and older and ANTIQUES> 50 years and older..........
SHOW CARS....as in show worthy cars.... We have to present our BEST to the world!

of course we will have sections for our friends with their 4x4s, Exotics, Sports Cars, and Race Cars!!!

We will be announcing more details on hott 93, our fb event page and here on trinituner

Here's Dennis inviting us to support this HISTORIC show as we will be on display in front of 100 MILLION viewers worldwide!!!]

RA40-GTE
3NE 2NR for life

Postby RA40-GTE » March 1st, 2017, 4:59 pm

How can I become a sponsor? Not sure if my car will be ready in time, but if it is will be mid(ish) April. How can I get my car in also? Its a 1981 cressida wagon

Classic Cars Unlimited
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Classic Cars Unlimited » March 1st, 2017, 10:27 pm

RA40-GTE wrote:How can I become a sponsor? Not sure if my car will be ready in time, but if it is will be mid(ish) April. How can I get my car in also? Its a 1981 cressida wagon

Excellent!

Give Clifford Tardieu a call on 770 7791 or 382 4926 for details and promotional package list.

Our radio ads start this week!

Hope you get your Cresida done n time...we are aiming for quantity AND quality!

Classic Cars Unlimited
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Classic Cars Unlimited » March 3rd, 2017, 7:55 am

EARLY BIRD tickets available from MONDAY March 6th at:

Bobby's Auto Parts Bamboo

Car Boutique St James

Sheriffs San Fernando

Wheel Wizard Chaguanas

Mack Rampersad Barataria

Autorama Parts Limited El Secorro

17192356_1568073159888468_1662704252023839777_o.jpg
Last edited by Classic Cars Unlimited on March 13th, 2017, 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”