Forums

Speed guns in effect in Trinidad & Tobago

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Speed guns in effect in Trinidad & Tobago

Postby Ted_v2 » February 8th, 2017, 11:49 am

Yep, when I got my permit 3 years ago I always wanted to drive as fast as I could on the road conditions. Now I leave a bit earlier and cruse with some tunes. I eh hurry.

I need to tone down myself at intersections. I does chook out and get vex when I eh get a bly.

dude2014
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby dude2014 » February 8th, 2017, 12:01 pm

eliteauto wrote:
drchaos wrote:Thanks for the Info!
So one can show up with $800 one dollar bills and 800 25c pieces and frustrate dem to have to count that out.

that makes no sense, that's misguided anger and frustration, what did the cashier/clerk do to you? Plus you have the count/tote it first. That's a lot of angst there

As usual this probably will not make sense. Suppose is 799 $1 and 798 25cents. I would love to send you back to the end of a long line. We complaining about lawlessness and when the law function we vexx like an unfed pitbull ...........

Rated like Sprangalang says dis eh ha no sence.

dude2014
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby dude2014 » February 8th, 2017, 12:10 pm

drchaos wrote:I get bored and my mind goes to mush at 80 or below on a highway, 90+ keeps me a bit more engaged. Just my personal experience. Its not about getting there faster.

Does pass men on the slow lane driving at 80 or less all the time by Chaguanas only to find them right behind me on the exit ramp by Couva.

Different times in the day does have different road behaviour by drivers. Observe, learn, adapt and you will be able to shave big minutes from your trips. I have had to travel lately and TAXI drivers feel by hustling they save time. Just this morning Ascot changing lane from Chaguanas to Grand Bazaar and the P Car right there with us in his lane from Chaguanas to Grand Bazaar.

So much for stupidity. Taxi rack up his gas bill and wear and tear on his vehicle.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » February 8th, 2017, 7:29 pm

dude2014 wrote:
eliteauto wrote:
drchaos wrote:Thanks for the Info!
So one can show up with $800 one dollar bills and 800 25c pieces and frustrate dem to have to count that out.

that makes no sense, that's misguided anger and frustration, what did the cashier/clerk do to you? Plus you have the count/tote it first. That's a lot of angst there

As usual this probably will not make sense. Suppose is 799 $1 and 798 25cents. I would love to send you back to the end of a long line. We complaining about lawlessness and when the law function we vexx like an unfed pitbull ...........

Rated like Sprangalang says dis eh ha no sence.

Thanks for de tip! I will walk with some extra bob and dollar bills!

Premchand1976
Riding on 16's

Postby Premchand1976 » February 15th, 2017, 6:45 pm

Those police that stop you at Caroni DOTISH and disorganised. Some saying stop, some saying go, some saying that's not the vehicle number boi......lol.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » February 15th, 2017, 8:08 pm

Like yuh geh way! LOL

Nice

dude2014
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby dude2014 » February 15th, 2017, 8:55 pm

Speed guns caused men to slow down and some came to a dead stop on the highway by Caroni. No bike man was around to drive down to send them on dey way ............

The record for the speeding is it done electronically or is the five copy ticket book they using?

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » February 15th, 2017, 9:46 pm

dude2014 wrote:Speed guns caused men to slow down and some came to a dead stop on the highway by Caroni.
they want to speed, yet can't even manage it properly.
signalling me to slow down as i pass them because they became an obstacle in my path.

CARisma
Riding on 13's

Postby CARisma » February 15th, 2017, 11:41 pm

I was told that tickets are being issued to drivers via mail (pics taken from traffic cams)... is this true or even possible at this time?

DVSTT
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby DVSTT » February 15th, 2017, 11:45 pm

Premchand1976 wrote:Those police that stop you at Caroni DOTISH and disorganised. Some saying stop, some saying go, some saying that's not the vehicle number boi......lol.

Ain't God great.

Premchand1976
Riding on 16's

Re: RE: Re: Speed guns in effect in Trinidad & Tobago

Postby Premchand1976 » February 16th, 2017, 12:54 pm

drchaos wrote:Like yuh geh way! LOL

Nice

Nah. Was never in the line up for a ticket...lol. was in the long line up or traffic tho and was able to view the " smooth and organised " system.........lol

2ndchance
Sweet on this forum

Postby 2ndchance » February 16th, 2017, 6:19 pm

Those of you who are trying to be "law abiding" and driving below 80kph, do you slow down when you encounter limits lower than 80kph? For example, you're driving below 80kph along the Uriah Butler Highway and have to go across the interchange by Nestle, do you slow down to the 60kph that the signs indicate?

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » February 16th, 2017, 6:45 pm

That 60 is real ballz lol.

I do it.......because they will pick you up around the bend for doing 62. I have ZERO money to give away......

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » February 16th, 2017, 7:23 pm

50 on rivulet road is painstakingly boring

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » February 16th, 2017, 7:25 pm

Speed guns on rivulet?

Premchand1976
Riding on 16's

Re: RE: Re: Speed guns in effect in Trinidad & Tobago

Postby Premchand1976 » February 16th, 2017, 7:49 pm

SR wrote:50 on rivulet road is painstakingly boring

This still better than the speeds at schools zone in d 'merica.....lol

2ndchance
Sweet on this forum

Postby 2ndchance » February 16th, 2017, 8:01 pm

Morpheus wrote:That 60 is real ballz lol.

Agreed. I'm trying to obey the speed limits but having to slow down by about 20kph while the driver behind you don't care about any speed limit is a little worrying. I appreciate the lower speed limit is to allow for safer merging but it's not so safe when the majority of drivers around you aren't obeying the limits.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » February 16th, 2017, 8:16 pm

2ndchance wrote:

Agreed. I'm trying to obey the speed limits but having to slow down by about 20kph while the driver behind you don't care about any speed limit is a little worrying. I appreciate the lower speed limit is to allow for safer merging but it's not so safe when the majority of drivers around you aren't obeying the limits.

Exactly! So speed up!

DVSTT
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby DVSTT » February 16th, 2017, 11:54 pm

2ndchance wrote:

Just don't be one of the fools that decide to keep right and match the speed of the car they're abreast of.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » February 17th, 2017, 6:46 am

yeah, real pressure with the volume of vehicles on that road

yesterday they make real money by the nagar stretch

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » February 17th, 2017, 10:55 am

I think it is 40 along the m2

Premchand1976
Riding on 16's

Postby Premchand1976 » February 17th, 2017, 11:25 am

Question : if you on the right lane, 78km/h and police behind, no siren, do u speed up and change lanes to let them pass ? If you speed up over 80 to overtake and change lanes to allow them to pass can u get a ticket for exceeding the 80km/h speed limit ?

noshownogo
punchin NOS

Postby noshownogo » February 17th, 2017, 11:26 am

Yup, 50 down the Diego highway is mess as well. Feels more dangerous than 70/80 I comfortably drive on that stretch.

2ndchance
Sweet on this forum

Postby 2ndchance » February 17th, 2017, 1:59 pm

DVSTT wrote:
2ndchance wrote:

Just don't be one of the fools that decide to keep right and match the speed of the car they're abreast of.

As I'm trying to stay below 80kph, I find I spend most of my highway time on the left lane. I haven't forgotten "keep left except when overtaking". Less stress this way as I just stick to the leftmost lane and let the speedsters sort out their business. Wish the left lane was better maintained though.

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » February 17th, 2017, 2:05 pm

^^THAT is my issue. The left lane is the worse. I have no problem being there, actually I'm mostly there. But you have to know the sections of bad road. I just hit middle lane, clear the known bad areas, then back on left lane.
Way less stress.....

mitsutt
Trinituner Peong

Postby mitsutt » February 17th, 2017, 7:45 pm

2ndchance wrote:Those of you who are trying to be "law abiding" and driving below 80kph, do you slow down when you encounter limits lower than 80kph? For example, you're driving below 80kph along the Uriah Butler Highway and have to go across the interchange by Nestle, do you slow down to the 60kph that the signs indicate?

It is highly recommended that you drive at least 30kph above the limit. Try it.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » February 18th, 2017, 2:35 pm

Did not know the police had sunk so low in this country ... you hear stories but jeezzzz ...

Police at the top of the ramp next to Price Plaza and a guy does a U turn right infront of them instead of using the roundabout and almost hits me in the process .... Guess who the police decides to stop?

They stop me ... pull me over ... license and insurance ... asking why my wife name on the insurance and not mine ... asking who chile is dat in the back ...

All the while the other guy goes free to continue to drive like a moron.

Good Job TTPS!

Premchand1976
Riding on 16's

Postby Premchand1976 » February 18th, 2017, 3:01 pm

I say again. They DOTISH.

As we on that point I need to find out, if I'm driving someone else's car ( brother, wife's or in law's) and am stopped by police, can they impound the car if they don't believe I'm driving with the owners consent , especially if I try calling the owner so the can inform the police that they authorised me to drive their car?

Anyone????

Mr. Tony Stark
Sweet on this forum

Postby Mr. Tony Stark » February 18th, 2017, 4:34 pm

If you are driving someone else's car, just get a letter of authorisation from the owner, and attach it to all the other car documents and that will solve all your problems.

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » February 18th, 2017, 4:35 pm

drchaos wrote:Did not know the police had sunk so low in this country ... you hear stories but jeezzzz ...

Police at the top of the ramp next to Price Plaza and a guy does a U turn right infront of them instead of using the roundabout and almost hits me in the process .... Guess who the police decides to stop?

They stop me ... pull me over ... license and insurance ... asking why my wife name on the insurance and not mine ... asking who chile is dat in the back ...

All the while the other guy goes free to continue to drive like a moron.

Good Job TTPS!

Karma Police probably read your tuner posts and put out an APB via TTPS. Is prolly RS who stop you too.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”