TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Recomendations for 4x4 tyres

Diesel, Gas, 4x4, 4x2

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forum rules
This forum is for discussions on Trucks and Pickups only!
DO NOT POST ADS IN HERE
WTB (Want to buy), LF (Looking for), EOI (Expression of Interest) or FS (For sale) topics etc will be deleted.
If you are looking for a part please search or post in the Auto Parts Classifieds.
Please keep all discussion professional and technical. Opinions are welcomed, however trolling, spamming and bashing will not be tolerated.
kamakazi
punchin NOS

Re: Recomendations for 4x4 tyres

Postby kamakazi » March 3rd, 2017, 10:07 pm

Anyone know where I can source tyres 265/75 R15 H/T or 31x10.5 R15 (not LT rated)

BUSHMASTER
3NE 2NR for life

Re: RE: Re: Recomendations for 4x4 tyres

Postby BUSHMASTER » March 3rd, 2017, 11:02 pm

kamakazi wrote:Anyone know where I can source tyres 265/75 R15 H/T or 31x10.5 R15 (not LT rated)

Chk rostan

Jimbo
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Jimbo » March 28th, 2017, 12:51 am

Havoc wrote:Btw guys I hv a set of 33" bfgoodrich at's on ProComp off-road rims tht I brought in for my land cruiser but I'm scrapping the project so if anyone's interested let me knw
Not looking to make anything on it, jus don't hv any use for it really
398-8588

These sitting down for a while boy. What you driving now that you considering Comforsers for?

venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby venum » March 29th, 2017, 11:51 am

in the market for some used 15" street tyres

nothing fancy, just to get around on

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » March 30th, 2017, 1:58 pm

viewtopic.php?p=9392077#p9392077

Deal of the century
Wheels and tyres for 1k
16"

Havoc
Sweet on this forum

Postby Havoc » April 20th, 2017, 7:48 am

Jimbo wrote:
Havoc wrote:Btw guys I hv a set of 33" bfgoodrich at's on ProComp off-road rims tht I brought in for my land cruiser but I'm scrapping the project so if anyone's interested let me knw
398-8588

These sitting down for a while boy. What you driving now that you considering Comforsers for?

33's too small for the rig I'm building, plus I need mt's not at's so I'm​ jus selling to get rid of them

gas brainz
Sweet on this forum

Postby gas brainz » April 20th, 2017, 8:11 am

Image BFG TAKO2 @ quick service 275 70 16

Black Scorpion
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Black Scorpion » April 20th, 2017, 8:36 am

^^ Whats the price?

gas brainz
Sweet on this forum

Postby gas brainz » April 21st, 2017, 7:40 am

2500 each got "sale" price at 2000

Jimbo
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Jimbo » July 16th, 2017, 2:09 am

Havoc wrote:
Jimbo wrote:
398-8588

33's too small for the rig I'm building, plus I need mt's not at's so I'm​ jus selling to get rid of them

Oh cool man makes sense. Well if you lowering the price on the Pro Comps and ATs let me know, gonna be in the market for 33's in about a week

rmrunner
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby rmrunner » July 27th, 2017, 9:44 pm

By Chance anyone have the older model Ranger or BT 50 in here. Reason I am asking is, I find my front tires tend to wear on the both outsides really quick. these are on the stock rims. I rotate them but if they stay too long in the front it keeps getting the same way. Also what is a good alignment place for these Vans. I went MM and they aligned it properly the first time, after that they never aligned properly. The van itself tends to feel like its pulling to left when i reach around 80, especially if during the day I can feel like if its ready to push off the road.

Tyre Pressures: 32psi Cold Front(reaches 35psi Hot) 30psi Cold Rear(No load)(reaches 33psi Hot)

Current Tires : Firestone Destination AT( the both rear tires got 66xxxKm and still has about 40% Life) (the front tires just not making it past 20xxxKm without wearing)

Also looking to change a set soon, can anyone recommend another good brand AT to choose from and where to purchase? Thanks

Jimbo
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Jimbo » July 28th, 2017, 2:18 pm

rmrunner wrote:By Chance anyone have the older model Ranger or BT 50 in here. Reason I am asking is, I find my front tires tend to wear on the both outsides really quick. these are on the stock rims. I rotate them but if they stay too long in the front it keeps getting the same way. Also what is a good alignment place for these Vans. I went MM and they aligned it properly the first time, after that they never aligned properly. The van itself tends to feel like its pulling to left when i reach around 80, especially if during the day I can feel like if its ready to push off the road.

Tyre Pressures: 32psi Cold Front(reaches 35psi Hot) 30psi Cold Rear(No load)(reaches 33psi Hot)

Current Tires : Firestone Destination AT( the both rear tires got 66xxxKm and still has about 40% Life) (the front tires just not making it past 20xxxKm without wearing)

Also looking to change a set soon, can anyone recommend another good brand AT to choose from and where to purchase? Thanks

What size?

rmrunner
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby rmrunner » July 28th, 2017, 2:20 pm

Currently running 265 70 16, I looking to go back to 255 70 16

Jimbo
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Jimbo » July 28th, 2017, 2:26 pm

Check Kelly or Jacks

lionofzion
Street 2NR

Postby lionofzion » August 4th, 2017, 7:21 pm

Which 265/65/17 A/T tires would you recommend?

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » August 4th, 2017, 9:42 pm

lionofzion wrote:Which 265/65/17 A/T tires would you recommend?

Firestone they hold up well, lasts long too

Jimbo
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Jimbo » August 4th, 2017, 9:45 pm

Goodyear wrangler A/T with Kevlar. Amazing ride, great grip in wet and dry at speed, tough as nails on the trail and looks sexy

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » August 4th, 2017, 10:26 pm

Have maxis at. Good if you on a budget . Made some mud runs and they did ok. Doing about 30000 and half life

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » August 4th, 2017, 10:27 pm

Had the Goodyear too great all round tire but more expensive than maxiss and did not last as long

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » August 5th, 2017, 6:44 am

rmrunner wrote:By Chance anyone have the older model Ranger or BT 50 in here. Reason I am asking is, I find my front tires tend to wear on the both outsides really quick. these are on the stock rims. I rotate them but if they stay too long in the front it keeps getting the same way. Also what is a good alignment place for these Vans. I went MM and they aligned it properly the first time, after that they never aligned properly. The van itself tends to feel like its pulling to left when i reach around 80, especially if during the day I can feel like if its ready to push off the road.

How hard do you corner
Has the suspension been checked.

Not sure how true but I heard that vehicles are designed to slowly steer away from oncoming traffic (so a right hand drive car should slowly steer to the left) in the event that if the driver falls asleep and their hands come off the steering wheel there is less chance of a collision with traffic from the oncoming lane.

Hope you get it sorted

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » August 5th, 2017, 8:04 am

PariaMan wrote:Had the Goodyear too great all round tire but more expensive than maxiss and did not last as long

Same experience they were pretty dam noisy too

rmrunner
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby rmrunner » August 5th, 2017, 8:24 am

kamakazi wrote:

How hard do you corner

Not sure how true but I heard that vehicles are designed to slowly steer away from oncoming traffic (so a right hand drive car should slowly steer to the left) in the event that if the driver falls asleep and their hands come off the steering wheel there is less chance of a collision with traffic from the oncoming lane.

Hope you get it sorted

The most I corner is about 65. Suspension checked and replaced everything in front down to cradle bushings. But the pull is still there and makes the vehicle unstable in my opinion. Only option I seeing is the alignment always going off and I need to find a good place to sort it out. Any suggestions other than MM?

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » August 5th, 2017, 9:09 am

rmrunner wrote:
kamakazi wrote:

How hard do you corner

Hope you get it sorted

The most I corner is about 65. Suspension checked and replaced everything in front down to cradle bushings. But the pull is still there and makes the vehicle unstable in my opinion. Only option I seeing is the alignment always going off and I need to find a good place to sort it out. Any suggestions other than MM?

Thats is a common problem
There is an adjustment to me made to the steering box itself during alignment.
Its a lengtht procedure as the battery and battery stand need to be removed.
I had it fixed in my ranger and it worked fine after.

rmrunner
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby rmrunner » August 5th, 2017, 2:35 pm

*KRONIK* wrote:
rmrunner wrote:
kamakazi wrote:

How hard do you corner

Hope you get it sorted

Sounding like there is a solution after all, what adjustment was made to the steering box and who does it? Only adjustment I made already is adjusting the box, this is back off the lock nut and turn clockwise with a flat head, when the steering gets too much play.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » August 5th, 2017, 2:49 pm

rmrunner wrote:
*KRONIK* wrote:
rmrunner wrote:
kamakazi wrote:

How hard do you corner

Hope you get it sorted

Sounding like there is a solution after all, what adjustment was made to the steering box and who does it? Only adjustment I made already is adjusting the box, this is back off the lock nut and turn clockwise with a flat head, when the steering gets too much play.

Not sure exactly
I had left my van at the alignment shop as the wait was too long. He said they will need to remove the battery and battery stand to tighten something in the box.
I never bothered to follow up as the van was sold shortly after and it worked well up to that point.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » August 6th, 2017, 10:48 am

Have you checked the idler (pitman) arm...

I still want to believe that this is an alignment issue but you said that the front end is sorted; bushings, ball joints, tie rod ends, proper tyre pressure, etc

Short of doing plenty turns on your commute I can't think of much else really

rmrunner
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby rmrunner » August 6th, 2017, 12:45 pm

kamakazi wrote:Have you checked the idler (pitman) arm...

I still want to believe that this is an alignment issue but you said that the front end is sorted; bushings, ball joints, tie rod ends, proper tyre pressure, etc

Short of doing plenty turns on your commute I can't think of much else really

pitman and idler arms were replaced same time. Will check the alignment again somewhere else and see where it goes.

lionofzion
Street 2NR

Postby lionofzion » August 6th, 2017, 10:50 pm

Jimbo wrote:

Goodyear wrangler A/T with Kevlar. Amazing ride, great grip in wet and dry at speed, tough as nails on the trail and looks sexy

Where can I source them? And what's the avg. price?

Jimbo
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Jimbo » August 11th, 2017, 11:54 pm

lionofzion wrote:
Jimbo wrote:

Where can I source them? And what's the avg. price?

Massy ACL on omeara

About 1250 each if I recall

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » August 12th, 2017, 3:28 am

Not going back with them tires do not last. My maxxis cheaper and looking like they will last almost double the milage

Advertisement

Return to “Trucks & Pickups”