TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Well played Kes... Incredible Vid.

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Monk BANzai
3NE 2NR Moderator
Location: 2 Laws of 2NR. 1. You can't turn a hoe into a housewife. 2. The Streets are Undefeated.

Well played Kes... Incredible Vid.

Postby Monk BANzai » March 27th, 2017, 8:17 pm

Always liked Kes' push of tourism on his music vids.... Incredible is no less...good balance of the elements of Carnival (cud've done with some more pan imagery..)

Hope TDC...um.. oops...well whatever Tourism Body picks this up and rolls with it....

This song is also good...hopefully Kimba will do some visuals for it...

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Re: Well played Kes... Incredible Vid.

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » March 27th, 2017, 10:01 pm

INCREDIBLE!!!

timothymcdavid
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby timothymcdavid » March 28th, 2017, 7:48 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:INCREDIBLE!!!
Indeed.

On first seeing this video ... all said to myself ... Usain Bolt real enjoy himself ... lol.

src1983
18 pounds of Boost

Postby src1983 » March 28th, 2017, 7:49 am

Jouvert was nice!!!!!!

abbow
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abbow » March 28th, 2017, 8:01 am

KES should be given the opportunity to head the "new" TDC or whatever they wanna call it....

he have a much better idea of how to market "us"

Monk BANzai
3NE 2NR Moderator
Location: 2 Laws of 2NR. 1. You can't turn a hoe into a housewife. 2. The Streets are Undefeated.

Postby Monk BANzai » March 28th, 2017, 10:10 am

abbow wrote:KES should be given the opportunity to head the "new" TDC or whatever they wanna call it....

a truncated version of this vid can be played on CAL flights... yuh mount up 5 wide screens as you enter the "arrival tunnel" and play this... yuh stream this to social media....the Gram and Facebook/Google ads..

best yuh hire me oui...

KM_2NR
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby KM_2NR » March 28th, 2017, 11:52 am

Kess is a great ambassador for Carnival ect So glad Anthony Bourdain met him while he was in Trinidad , really wish i could have meet Mr.Bourdain .

AbstractPoetic
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby AbstractPoetic » March 28th, 2017, 12:33 pm

In the face of increased crime, murders, low detection rates, school bullying, and issued warnings from state governments, how exactly does this help TT?

TT is a current cesspool, and an incredible video won't change the ills that need to be sorely addressed.

Your priorities, TT. Change them.

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » March 28th, 2017, 12:50 pm

U real bitter Dan :/

u saying I can't take a moment to appreciate the little good that's occurring also???

I know we living in an increasing cesspool but it helps to appreciate a nice turd when it shines

uncle sam
punchin NOS

Postby uncle sam » March 28th, 2017, 12:55 pm

AbstractPoetic wrote:In the face of increased crime, murders, low detection rates, school bullying, and issued warnings from state governments, how exactly does this help TT?

TT is a current cesspool, and an incredible video won't change the ills that need to be sorely addressed.

How did you contribute to the reduction of crime in T&T?

SMc
punchin NOS

Postby SMc » March 28th, 2017, 4:33 pm

uncle sam wrote:
AbstractPoetic wrote:In the face of increased crime, murders, low detection rates, school bullying, and issued warnings from state governments, how exactly does this help TT?

How did you contribute to the reduction of crime in T&T?

She did some scuba diving in Bago, grew a massive fro, was an activist for the recognition of 'strong black women' and pointed the finger at everyone but herself (not necessarily that order)...isn't that enough to change the world?

abbow
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abbow » March 28th, 2017, 4:34 pm

BANzai Rastafarai wrote:
abbow wrote:KES should be given the opportunity to head the "new" TDC or whatever they wanna call it....

a truncated version of this vid can be played on CAL flights... yuh mount up 5 wide screens as you enter the "arrival tunnel" and play this... yuh stream this to social media....the Gram and Facebook/Google ads..

best yuh hire me oui...

as the Creative Director...yea that could work...

boxy
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby boxy » March 28th, 2017, 5:12 pm

How about you change your citizenship and ride out seeing as you seem to think tourism isn't a top priority on a Caribbean island destination. People like you remind me of Donald Trump talking down to everyone else when you probably sent that post while driving on the highway. Make a spin with your outta timing self dog

Daran
Shifting into 6th

Postby Daran » March 28th, 2017, 5:59 pm

Damn AP, I understand your point of view but jeez doesn't the video make you feel pride and joy?

Despite all the negatives you listed I still rather live TT over anywhere in the world. We have a lot going for us too.

Also, one last thing about the video, those frame rate slow downs make my head hurt.

Monk BANzai
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Monk BANzai » March 28th, 2017, 7:45 pm

disagree...Jamaica has the same Cesspool... same symptoms. Yet they rise through Tourism. Its the image we paint to the world. Sadly, we (Trinidadians) are chief advice givers but sorely lack in taking our own medicine...

abducted
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abducted » March 28th, 2017, 10:35 pm

SMc wrote:She did some scuba diving in Bago, grew a massive fro, was an activist for the recognition of 'strong black women' and pointed the finger at everyone but herself (not necessarily that order)...
nail on head, black feminist lives matter, social justice warrior, offended by everything.

.:PROZAC:..
punchin NOS

Postby .:PROZAC:.. » March 29th, 2017, 7:55 am

I strongly feel Trinidadians are too proud for Tourism dollars. We don't want to be sold and oogled at by 'well off' foreigners.
Also Carnival as the only thing we're promoting really limits what people think and know of Trinidad.
Trust me people even here are surprised we're more than a party. I was happy to see some eco trourism promoted in a recent issue of wired magazine. Funny thing I and I'm sure many other didn't even know you could do 'x' in Trinidad.

AbstractPoetic
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby AbstractPoetic » March 29th, 2017, 1:37 pm

BANzai Rastafarai wrote:

disagree...Jamaica has the same Cesspool... same symptoms. Yet they rise through Tourism. Its the image we paint to the world. Sadly, we (Trinidadians) are chief advice givers but sorely lack in taking our own medicine...

Jamaica rises through tourism because they have no choice. Tourism IS Jamaica's meal ticket, and fortunately, they have the sanctuary of Negril, parts of Montego Bay and Ochos Rios to divert from the crime. Most of Jamaica's murders are situated in one part of the island, with victims deep rooted in crime and drugs.

And then there is Trinidad, where a Japanese pannist can get raped, strangled, and left exposed in the Savannah for tourists to find.

And then there is Trinidad, where a naked dead body was found floating down the Gulf of Paria, for Hyatt's tourists to bear witness.

And then there is Trinidad, where innocent citizens get gunned down for seeing a murder they should not have, young women get raped and killed in broad daylight during rush hour, and kidnapped for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

And then there is Trinidad, where Sean Luke's accused murderers are STILL awaiting their day in court, 11 YEARS after his brutal murder.

So wine on, drink on, and horn on, Trinbagonians, thinking a music video will help you or your children's generation from being a victim of the same thing you willfully ignore.

Oh, that's right, it's not your problem until it fall in your garden.

TT is going no where fast, and no amount of Carnival tourism will prevent that.

AbstractPoetic
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby AbstractPoetic » March 29th, 2017, 1:44 pm

boxy wrote:

How about you change your citizenship and ride out seeing as you seem to think tourism isn't a top priority on a Caribbean island destination. People like you remind me of Donald Trump talking down to everyone else when you probably sent that post while driving on the highway. Make a spin with your outta timing self dog

I did in fact "ride out" to better my education and net worth, but will soon return. I will not rescind my TT citizenship seeing that I intend to run for local office.

Look out for me soon. I will be the black woman, with Yankee accent and large afro. You can't miss me. Not certain which political party I will run on, but I hope to have your vote.

boxy
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby boxy » March 29th, 2017, 2:24 pm

Nah thanks with your frame of mind I'll rather vote for the other candidate. I don't want to look out for you either. You sound like the type because you were educated abroad will return and talk down to people you deem lower than you. Stay where you are and enjoy the crime free country without problems where you currently reside. #prioritiesTnT

Monk BANzai
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Monk BANzai » March 31st, 2017, 10:06 pm

AbstractPoetic wrote:
BANzai Rastafarai wrote:

Jamaica rises through tourism because they have no choice. Tourism IS Jamaica's meal ticket, and fortunately, they have the sanctuary of Negril, parts of Montego Bay and Ochos Rios to divert from the crime. Most of Jamaica's murders are situated in one part of the island, with victims deep rooted in crime and drugs.

And then there is Trinidad, where a Japanese pannist can get raped, strangled, and left exposed in the Savannah for tourists to find.

And then there is Trinidad, where a naked dead body was found floating down the Gulf of Paria, for Hyatt's tourists to bear witness.

And then there is Trinidad, where innocent citizens get gunned down for seeing a murder they should not have, young women get raped and killed in broad daylight during rush hour, and kidnapped for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

And then there is Trinidad, where Sean Luke's accused murderers are STILL awaiting their day in court, 11 YEARS after his brutal murder.

So wine on, drink on, and horn on, Trinbagonians, thinking a music video will help you or your children's generation from being a victim of the same thing you willfully ignore.

Oh, that's right, it's not your problem until it fall in your garden.

TT is going no where fast, and no amount of Carnival tourism will prevent that.

See? back to my point. Optics. IF that is what you want to peddle to the world then great. Be my guest. I prefer to attack the internal wrangling. For instance we always complain that our roads are not the best to gain access to some great tourist spots?

Solution? do like Latin America and South africa...market the tourist locations as "rugged and requires a 4x4 to access" it.. gain market share (As with Nissan South Africa/New Zealand/Australia and get Stakeholder Buy-in....and project the optics. Same here.. make our country side look "rugged to access" and you'll see a different type of tourist come to our shores...the Exploring types that dont mind sinking money into renting 4x4's and off road vehicles.

Brazilian Olympics had alot of negative optics (feaces in the water in the main city et al) that quickly was eroded by the pivoting of the beauty of the country.

Hyatt? they spun it...jsut as how the original owners of LIME FETE spun it to Hyatt and made Hyatt buy the party rights. (its now a Hyatt promoted event that appears on their Global event calendar) you really think ONE body floating in the gulf is going to stop tourists from wanting to experience the greatest show on earth?

For every negative you've stated AP, there's at least 5 positives you can portray about our country. Yes it falls into all our gardens..but its up to us...AND ppl like yourself who are US Based and know something can be done about it. This is a seething issue i have with Nationals living abroad. lack of patriotism (only when it benefits them),,,and it also spreads to our consulates world wide. We are so backward in our thinking.

But I stand by my original point. We have non-essentials who do not understand the TOurism business..running the Tourism Business. I'm sorry but is DECADES ive seen taxi drivers wear this stupid white shirt jack and come across as "yes Massa" when you go to the airports or hotels...the fack! REALLY? you trying to tell me that the TDA cant advise these Taxi bodie s to change thier wear? You making us look sub-servant from the time you land in this country. Operations like UBER will run rings around them..simply because we live in a visual based society now.

So yeah..KeS Video? Full 100 points for givng us some sort of hope. An image that brings a smile.

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » April 1st, 2017, 12:21 pm

BANzai Rastafarai wrote: I'm sorry but is DECADES ive seen taxi drivers wear this stupid white shirt jack and come across as "yes Massa" when you go to the airports or hotels...the fack! REALLY? you trying to tell me that the TDA cant advise these Taxi bodie s to change thier wear? You making us look sub-servant from the time you land in this country. Operations like UBER will run rings around them..simply because we live in a visual based society now.

You've brought up some valid points but the one above is wrong, if you perceive a shirt-jac as being subservient the issue is with you not the dress code, I wear a white shirt-jac ( I'm not a fan but I understand it's value) and there is nothing "yes Massa" about it, maybe you should do some research and you'll find out the value of a uniform in such an industry, it makes you easily identifiable to visitors so much so that independents in the industry wear them too, we also wear black/green/yellow and white polos if we so choose but the shirt-jac is quite cool for our climate. As for Uber running rings around us , lemme know when it happens, seems Uber is having more complaints that positive reviews and while the budget conscious traveler ( namely returning locals) might associate the brand with an experience it doesn't take long here for them to change their minds. My target market is the seasoned traveler and corporate execs and the things I possess make me more attractive than any Uber to them, things like public liability insurance, defensive and offensive driving training, first aid training, certified international tour guide with focus on T&T, international certification in land based tourism practices to name a few, that is what is attractive vs a PH driver to visitors. There are changes occurring in the industry and people like myself are at the forefront of those changes because we are customer focused as opposed to ego driven, I have engaged and continue to engage with industry stakeholders and the Ministry to effect changes as we on the ground see the potential better owing to our interaction with actual tourists, the uniform is a small issue by comparison.

AbstractPoetic
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby AbstractPoetic » April 4th, 2017, 12:21 pm

eliteauto wrote: I wear a white shirt-jac ( I'm not a fan but I understand it's value) and there is nothing "yes Massa" about it

Actually, there is, but I'm not going to derail the thread justifying your chosen attire.

Banzai_Rastafarai wrote:For every negative you've stated AP, there's at least 5 positives you can portray about our country. Yes it falls into all our gardens..but its up to us...AND ppl like yourself who are US Based and know something can be done about it. This is a seething issue i have with Nationals living abroad. lack of patriotism (only when it benefits them),,,and it also spreads to our consulates world wide. We are so backward in our thinking.

This couldn't be further from the truth. Every US national, many of whom are my colleagues, that ask me my opinion on TT, and whether or not they should travel there, I implore them to visit. I am not one of those US-based TT nationals that point fingers and dissuare foreigners to travel elsewhere. Let them be their own judge of TT. In fact, I have referred some of the said nationals to the same white shirt-jac wearing man and his company, in an attempt to encourage LOCAL (and not foreign) tourism/transportation companies.

I've tried to do my part, but apparently you and other locals continue to turn away from the large sores that ooze throughout the country. Crime, robbery, rape, heck, even unsolved murders of tourists who visited TT, plagues the land. YOUR government and law enforcement personnel can't even protect its visitors.

No amount of soca videos or tourism certifications is going to encourage the world to see the slowly diminishing beauty of our country. That's up to the individual citizens, moreso local than those abroad. And until you demand change, and stop the many political financiers from running the country into the ground while they profit from drugs and guns being smuggled into the country, TT is going/gone to sh*t.
Last edited by AbstractPoetic on April 4th, 2017, 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » April 4th, 2017, 1:23 pm

AP, while you might have some good points, the same thing happens in the US and many other countries in the world.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”