TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Shopping from the Philippines

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

chikeveli
Riding on 13's

Shopping from the Philippines

Postby chikeveli » April 12th, 2017, 6:20 am

May be a weird request but i'd like to know if it would be possible to ship to trinidad from the philippines. i'm interested in purchasing either parts or an entire shell of a 2000 nissan sentra exalta (luxury version b14 only available in the philippines) for my b14 and i was wondering if i would be able to do so Image

ramishrrr
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Re: Shopping from the Philippines

Postby ramishrrr » April 12th, 2017, 8:57 am

Yes it is possible to ship from the Phillipines to Trinidad.
Just go to Gordon Grant Shipping or Navarro's. There are many other shipping companies in Trinidad that will give you info.

.....By the way, did you do geography in school ?
Have you looked on a world map, to see where the Phillipines are in relation to Trinidad and Tobago ?
When you visit the shipping agent, they will tell you that you may have to crate the shell, or containerize it.
How much would it cost for shipping and handling should be astronomical.
The tax and VAT you will pay when it arrives will reflect the cost of the shell, all shipping and handling charges.
Ok, let say you pay everything and have the shell in your possession.
It will take some effort and more money to make it roadworthy, you will agree.

Now, how are you going to license this vehicle ?
The Licensing office will need to have a certified copy of the shell...........yuh doe have that !
If not the certified copy way, they will need proof by means of chassis number that the vehicle was manufactured on or after 2013............yuh cyar prove that !

Maybe, you will keep it home and call people who passing on the side of the road to see this special luxury version of the Nissan Sentra B14. I don't know.

Look nah boy, ah fool and his money are soon parted. I sure you en no fool !
Take all dat money you go spen', and go and buy the newest model car it will buy, even ah luxury model, one that you will drive on the roads of T&T without shutting down, with power dis and dat, touch-dis and touch-dat.
Let what goes on in the Phillipines, stay in the Phillipines.

..................and doe budder to tell meh "Thanks". Dyse ok. I good .

Peace.
RR.

chikeveli
Riding on 13's

Postby chikeveli » April 13th, 2017, 3:49 am

ramishrrr wrote:Yes it is possible to ship from the Phillipines to Trinidad.
Just go to Gordon Grant Shipping or Navarro's. There are many other shipping companies in Trinidad that will give you info.

.....By the way, did you do geography in school ?
Have you looked on a world map, to see where the Phillipines are in relation to Trinidad and Tobago ?
When you visit the shipping agent, they will tell you that you may have to crate the shell, or containerize it.
How much would it cost for shipping and handling should be astronomical.
The tax and VAT you will pay when it arrives will reflect the cost of the shell, all shipping and handling charges.
Ok, let say you pay everything and have the shell in your possession.
It will take some effort and more money to make it roadworthy, you will agree.

Now, how are you going to license this vehicle ?
The Licensing office will need to have a certified copy of the shell...........yuh doe have that !
If not the certified copy way, they will need proof by means of chassis number that the vehicle was manufactured on or after 2013............yuh cyar prove that !

Maybe, you will keep it home and call people who passing on the side of the road to see this special luxury version of the Nissan Sentra B14. I don't know.

Look nah boy, ah fool and his money are soon parted. I sure you en no fool !
Take all dat money you go spen', and go and buy the newest model car it will buy, even ah luxury model, one that you will drive on the roads of T&T without shutting down, with power dis and dat, touch-dis and touch-dat.
Let what goes on in the Phillipines, stay in the Phillipines.

..................and doe budder to tell meh "Thanks". Dyse ok. I good .

Peace.
RR.

lol nah i'm not interested in having the car registered for road use. maybe it was how i worded my post but i want the shell or parts from the shell to put on my b14 that i already own in trinidad. just wanted to know if it was possible cause i wasn't sure if there is any restrictions on which countries you can ship to and from. wasn't finding it online. i didn't dig deep enough into it to worry about cost so of course if i reached that point and it was expensive i wouldn't go through with it. it's just something i was interested in doing and began looking into because i like how the Sentra Exalta looks

nivek
Sweet on this forum

Postby nivek » April 13th, 2017, 7:36 am

On car parts..vat is 12.5% and duty is 30%...both calculated on the cost of the car...shipping..best u find one in japan and share a container with aomeone to reduce d cost..a 20 ft container is abt 4800usd...then brokerage is arnd 3500ttd...then paying someone in japan to scrap d car engine and suspension...u do the maths...

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”