Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Re: That Boat Scandal!!!

Postby hong kong phooey » August 22nd, 2017, 8:39 am

10-01 wrote:
Redman wrote:so there are 2 scenarios:

cover up or no cover up.

Either way the man has to wait for the investigation to finish BEFORE he publicly commits to knowing the result.

It eh rocket science.....well I didnt think so.

is PNM everything is rocket science with a cost and some financier collecting at the end ...

oh god you kill me with that one nah man ah cah stop laughing

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » August 22nd, 2017, 9:56 am

can't fire sinanan

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » August 22nd, 2017, 5:53 pm

Rowley for real???

SOMETHING CROOKED HAPPENED

CLINT CHAN TACK Tuesday, August 22 2017

PRIME Minister Dr Keith Rowley is convinced something crooked took place in the procurement of the Ocean Flower II. He made the point at a news conference at the Magdalena Grand Hotel in Tobago yesterday after close to two hours of talks with stakeholders on the problems facing the domestic seabridge. Rowley was confident that investigations by Cabinet appointed investigator Christian Mouttet, the Integrity Commission and the Parliament’s Land and Physical Infrastructure Joint Select Committee (JSC) would discover the truth about the circumstances under which the Ocean Flower II was procured.

He said the Port Authority is now “working overtime” to acquire the services of another passenger ferry before the TT Express goes on dry dock. Expressing confidence that more vessels would be available during the upcoming winter period, Rowley said the Authority will broaden its search to all parts of the spectrum to find an appropriate passenger vessel for the seabridge.

He reminded reporters that Cabinet has already agreed to put out a tender for a new cargo vessel built to Government’s specifications.

Rowley said this arrangement could result in a two to three year contract being signed for that vessel’s usage. He said once the Spirit and the Express have undergone their long overdue maintenance, they should be able to service the seabridge for at least another two years.

Rowley disclosed stakeholders agreed to a proposal to appoint two more Tobagonians to the Port Authority’s board of directors to ensure there is no repeat of the problems now facing the seabridge. He also announced that a committee comprising representatives from Government, the Tobago House of Assembly and the private sector will be established to deal with operational issues on the seabridge.

He rejected claims by some that yesterday’s meeting was “a waste of time.” Rowley said contrary to those claims, the discussions were fruitful.

Asked if he felt something was crooked in the procurement of the Ocean Flower II, Rowley replied, “Yes. My yes means a lot to me.” On whether the Port Authority ignored reports which suggested something went wrong in the vessel’s procurement, Rowley said, “I don’t have that information and I don’t think I can come to that conclusion.” However he added, “I am sure that the appropriate investigation or investigations can clarify those for us.” Last Thursday, Minister in the Office of the Prime Minister Stuart Young said the Authority is not conducting any probe into the Ocean Flower II’s procurement.

Rowley welcomed a JSC probing this matter because, “It will involve persons providing answers in full public view and explaining themselves at the level of the Parliament.” He promised Government will, “cooperate with it (JSC) fully.” Rowley also expected the Port and all other interested parties to fully cooperate with the JSC. The JSC is scheduled to hold its hearing at Tower D of the Port-of-Spain International Waterfront Centre on September 4 at 1 pm. Rowley welcomed the Commission’s probe “for whatever purpose and benefit” it could have.

Saying he awaited Mouttet’s report, Rowley slammed attempts by the Opposition and other people to “demonise” Mouttet.

He countered all this would achieve is that if a citizen is asked in the future to either serve on the board of any State agency or conduct any investigation on the State’s behalf, “they will think twice before they serve.” Rowley added, “That is what some people want to achieve.” He said whatever Mouttet’s findings are “in no way influences or affects what others can do in their investigations.” Saying it is the business community that has complained the loudest about problems on the seabridge, Rowley said Mouttet is “a highly respected member” of that community.

Rowley said he had no problem, “asking a member of the business community to look at the State’s operations to see what is going on there.” He said a three-member committee appointed recently by Cabinet is looking at operational issues at the port. He said even with a separate company running the ferry service, there were numerous operational problems, including the scheduled drydocking of vessels. Rowley also said Government was aware of problems facing the airbridge and these will be addressed. He said Government is still looking at pursuing legal action against the owners of the Super Fast Galicia for breach of contract.

Opposition Leader Kamla Persad- Bissessar was unconvinced by Rowley’s statements. In a release hours after the news conference, she reiterated her call for the dismissals of Works and Transport Minister Rohan Sinanan and the Port Authority’s board.

She condemned Rowley’s pronouncements as, “an unabashed attempt to divert attention from the allegations of corruption” the procurement of the Ocean Flower II. She said the public deserves transparency and accountability on this issue. “There should be no contamination nor compromising of evidence in the interim,” Persad-Bissessar said.

http://www.newsday.co.tt/news/0,248028.html

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » August 22nd, 2017, 6:19 pm

Funny how he could say that when "investigations" have not been completed yet...:|

But this take the cake. The Prime Minister's detail was scheduled to return on the T&T Express this morning and it shut dong. Dem fellas blight yes... :lol:

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » August 22nd, 2017, 8:15 pm

Who made the call to cancel the last season bridge contract?

janfar
punchin NOS

Postby janfar » August 23rd, 2017, 3:17 am

Anyone visited the Bridgeman web page? The boats they advertising aren't even theirs and they photo shopped their name in on the others.

Who husband or sarubai this Andrew Purdey is?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 23rd, 2017, 3:38 am

Remember I told you so.
But tuners prefer to listen to the likes of Habit7, rafri, Redman .
Continu voting PNM and eat grass

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Postby hong kong phooey » August 23rd, 2017, 7:53 am

i might be wrong but was the daily rate of the previous vessel less than this one ? I remember hearing that that was to much money for the boat .
I was trying to find a history of these boats ocean flower 2 and the star . but was unsuccessful.

Guess the nation will have to pay more for gas, pay more taxes , and get more tickets to pay some family and friends

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » August 23rd, 2017, 8:33 am

hong kong phooey wrote:i might be wrong but was the daily rate of the previous vessel less than this one ? You are correct. it cost much less per day in US$ to rent the Superfast Galicia than to rent the Cabo Star and Ocean Flower2. It cost much less to lease the Galicia (about US$15,000.00 per day) than to lease the Cabo Star (about US$22,000.00 per day and the Ocean Flower2. Also, the Galicia was a much newer vessel than the 2 old things the PNM foisted on us.

I was trying to find a history of these boats ocean flower 2 and the star . but was unsuccessful. Go to Stenaline.com to see a brief history of the ocean Flower 2. Ships change names several times over the years depending on where they are being leased

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » August 23rd, 2017, 8:34 am

zoom rader wrote:Remember I told you so.

And continue voting UNC and we will have an empty treasury.

ZR - either way we are screwed.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » August 23rd, 2017, 8:35 am

UNC empty the Treasury? So what the PNM doing now? Having a bake sale to raise funds?

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » August 23rd, 2017, 8:50 am

maj. tom wrote:UNC empty the Treasury? So what the PNM doing now? Having a bake sale to raise funds?

They are finishing what the UNC started. Reach rock bottom and keep digging :D :D

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » August 23rd, 2017, 9:16 am

bluefete wrote:
maj. tom wrote:UNC empty the Treasury? So what the PNM doing now? Having a bake sale to raise funds?

They are finishing what the UNC started. Reach rock bottom and keep digging :D :D

One can argue that UNC continued what the PNM started....member man like Prevatt, man like Ohalloran??

In the words of a wise sage
"I, I, I, I going to Panama. I got to go Panama mama. What it is they got over there making Trinis just don’t care. Some say that gone with a thousand, some say that it’s tens of thousands, I hear they mention one million, I hear they mention one billion.”

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 23rd, 2017, 9:27 am

bluefete wrote:
zoom rader wrote:Remember I told you so.

And continue voting UNC and we will have an empty treasury.

ZR - either way we are screwed.

If you read my past post you would I seen where I stated many times I don't only vote UNC. At any election I vote for the party that I think is best to vote out PNM. As you know San do east is not an easy seat for a non PNM party.

tourniquet
punchin NOS

Postby tourniquet » August 23rd, 2017, 9:29 am

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 23rd, 2017, 9:30 am

bluefete wrote:

Please state with facts as to where UNC empty the treasury. When the UNC was in the power the Stabilisasion fund was in full tact and growing, where is it now?

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » August 23rd, 2017, 11:39 am

zoom rader wrote:
bluefete wrote:

Please state with facts as to where UNC empty the treasury. When the UNC was in the power the Stabilisasion fund was in full tact and growing, where is it now?

" .. the balance in the HSF has increased by US$100 million, to US$5.54 billion at the end of April 2017 .. " [Imbert 2017 Mid Year Budget Review]

Capleton
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Capleton » August 23rd, 2017, 11:45 am

Rowley must be blue vex right now. He tell he padna, "yea boy buy the boat, we go lock the scene for Bago sure". Padna goes and acquires vessels, then the S buss and now he padna stuck with not one, but two derelict vessels on their hands. Meanwhile ppl in Tobago ketching they ass to move goods and ppl.

toyolink
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby toyolink » August 23rd, 2017, 4:36 pm

I don't know if this question was asked and answered, and I missed it.
Why didn't someone or a small group from the Port Authority jump on a 'plane' and go see these vessels to make sure they for real , could drive as expected and ask some questions before buying?
A 3-7 day exercise with no real opportunity to go shopping and site seeing but at least fellas would look heroic.
I actually remember experiences like this and had to end up in drug store abroad buying tooth-paste and other personals which I didn't have time to pack.
BTW, the flight back was used to finish report and recommendation (treated as if job on the line).

sickbad
3NE 2NR for life

Postby sickbad » August 23rd, 2017, 4:41 pm

I feel is time to separate from Tobago, oui. Solve this whole boat problem one time. meanwhile china making islands, best moonan coosal and Sammy join the two islands by relocating the southern range between T&T

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » August 23rd, 2017, 7:30 pm

sickbad wrote:I feel is time to separate from Tobago, oui. Solve this whole boat problem one time. meanwhile china making islands, best moonan coosal and Sammy join the two islands by relocating the southern range between T&T

Most foolish comment Ive read in a while..

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » August 23rd, 2017, 8:23 pm

From the cancelling of three Galicia to the captain kfc report... this whole thing is just set up.

Just put something to justify money to jump out of the budget and into their pockets.

They improved from budgeting for two loads of material for works, and only sending 1 load.

10-01
punchin NOS

Postby 10-01 » August 23rd, 2017, 8:51 pm

sMASH wrote:From the cancelling of three Galicia to the captain kfc report... this whole thing is just set up.

Just put something to justify money to jump out of the budget and into their pockets.

They improved from budgeting for two loads of material for works, and only sending 1 load.

how much they paying captain KFC ?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » August 23rd, 2017, 9:02 pm

6 more franchise locations

10-01
punchin NOS

Postby 10-01 » August 23rd, 2017, 9:06 pm

sMASH wrote:6 more franchise locations

kfc or P hut locations ?

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » August 23rd, 2017, 9:23 pm

rspann wrote:Who is JUHN?
De Baptist.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » August 23rd, 2017, 9:24 pm

cover up or no cover up.

Either way the man has to wait for the investigation to finish BEFORE he publicly commits to knowing the result.

Yet JUHN Master didn't hesitate to pronounce about "crookedness" in the procurement process at the Tobago meeting. Nor did it keep his lame arse from pronouncing same after he "read some documents the night before" about the PP. :? . What facking investigation told him these things? I'll have to start calling you Kelly Ann Redman for your ridiculous attempts at spin.

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Postby hong kong phooey » August 23rd, 2017, 11:18 pm

wtf wrote:
sickbad wrote:I feel is time to separate from Tobago, oui. Solve this whole boat problem one time. meanwhile china making islands, best moonan coosal and Sammy join the two islands by relocating the southern range between T&T

Most foolish comment Ive read in a while..

Is it? i believe analysis has been done on this more than a decade ago but with new technology it might be economically feasible now to build that bridge to connect the islands or even a tunnel. the thing is if they build the road as a toll road they will be able to generate some revenue with it .
the only problem is if the road costing 1 dollar by the time any government finish with it it will cost the country 15 to 20 dollars due to the corruption.
the foolish part of the comment is using the southerrn range. they should use laventille , beetham, enterprise etc drop a few bomb and destroy every thing there, use the people their homes and the dirt as back fill. it will only stink for a short time. but the country will be better off

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » August 24th, 2017, 5:55 am

De Dragon wrote:

cover up or no cover up.

Yet JUHN Master didn't hesitate to pronounce about "crookedness" in the procurement process at the Tobago meeting. Nor did it keep his lame arse from pronouncing same after he "read some documents the night before" about the PP. :? . What facking investigation told him these things? I'll have to start calling you Kelly Ann Redman for your ridiculous attempts at spin.

Bassant asked For his opinion on whether he thought some thing was wrong in the deal.
He said Yes.
No qualification.
So Rowleys has stated....he think it is a corrupted deal, and he happy to take any and all action.

Youve been saying it crooked from the start....yet even when Rowley agrees with you ...yuh still vex and ranting.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » August 24th, 2017, 6:49 am

Redman wrote:
De Dragon wrote:

cover up or no cover up.

Bassant asked For his opinion on whether he thought some thing was wrong in the deal.
He said Yes.
No qualification.
So Rowleys has stated....he think it is a corrupted deal, and he happy to take any and all action.

Youve been saying it crooked from the start....yet even when Rowley agrees with you ...yuh still vex and ranting.

Once again the glow from JUHN bald head or halo blinding you. While I am flattered that you would equate me with your God, my opinion cannot influence anything like an investigation. Either Scarfy shuts his trap, cite "ongoing investigations" or plainly state that it is his personal opinion, or any combination of the above.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”