Forums

TTPS: 11,000 speeding tickets issued in 6 months in T&T

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Re: TTPS: 11,000 speeding tickets issued in 6 months in T&T

Postby Les Bain » August 25th, 2017, 7:41 pm

It's very apparent by now this speed limit enforcement is about revenue and not safety.

The kinda speeds I seeing for the last of August vacation traffic flow doesn't look like "reasonable" excess over 80, it looking like the days before the limit was imposed. Unreasonably fast, with high speed maneuvers just begging for a bad accident.

If you get caught: hush, dig deep and pay the ticket.

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » August 25th, 2017, 10:13 pm

Les Bain wrote:It's very apparent by now this speed limit enforcement is about revenue and not safety.

The kinda speeds I seeing for the last of August vacation traffic flow doesn't look like "reasonable" excess over 80, it looking like the days before the limit was imposed. Unreasonably fast, with high speed maneuvers just begging for a bad accident.

If you get caught: hush, dig deep and pay the ticket.

It's about both revenue and safety. We used to have major highway accidents more frequently before enforcement of the speed limit. Very noticeable drop in the section of the north south by Chaguanus with no cable barriers.

People who say it is just about revenue ignore that the average speed of drivers has fallen due to fear via enforcement.

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » August 26th, 2017, 4:59 am

Precisely ...... on average highway speeds are down. When you see people giving fires now you actually notice it when it was the norm before.
Also tell me why police should not hide when the general public using Waze, whatsapp groups, flashing lights to avoid them ?
Doesn't it suggest that people are actively trying to break the law so police should actively seek them out ?

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » August 26th, 2017, 5:11 am

If dey put 10% of the same efforts in crime eh...

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » August 26th, 2017, 5:26 am

gastly369 wrote:If dey put 10% of the same efforts in crime eh...

They already in crime eh. Probably putting in 20% effort.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » August 26th, 2017, 11:13 am

Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:

They already in crime eh. Probably putting in 20% effort.

:lol:

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » August 26th, 2017, 2:27 pm

on one hand it would be real hard to be driving 85km and get $1000 ticket

but on the next hand i sure everyone here lose a friend or family member in a car crash because some idiot was speeding (maybe even the family member)

hoping they would raise the limit to 100/120km

but you have to admit that you dont really see people speeding on the highway as usual again

foots
3NE 2NR for life

Postby foots » August 26th, 2017, 2:31 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:
foots wrote:. On a side note, maybe it is time to make the roads safer so that more people can choose alternative ways of getting around (like riding a bike). This might even relieve the congestion, or at least provide a faster way to get around in congested areas. Speed guns might be one step in that direction of making roads safe enough for people to choose alternatives.

Clearly you don't live in Trinidad. We don't have the luxury of working a few km away from home. Also, our sun is out and blazing hot by 7:00am. Also also, who going to ride on the Beetham all hours of the morning and the night?

Believe me, I would love to ride to and from work. Save on gas, good for the environment, good exercise for the body, good relaxation for the soul. But riding is not an alternative for the vast majority of drivers.

I cyah fault you there, the sun dus be well hot...but once you keep moving you get lil breeze. I know what you saying about the working a few km from home...but if you scrutinise the time spent on the road instead of the distance, you see a different picture sometimes. I live in Trincity and work in Port of Spain (yes man, I living in Trinidad :lol: ), das about 20km. That trip, along the EMR, takes about 50 minutes heading out to POS on a weekday morning regardless of the time you get moving....if i get in my car and leave anytime between 6am and 9am I know the drive would be a good 60-90 minutes of 1st gear and clutch mashing, maybe even more if there is maco traffic for whatever reason. I could see why riding ain't for the majority of people though......I would never even have considered it if i didn't hate sitting in standstill traffic for hours every day - I probably wouldn't be able to do it if i lived in say Valencia or Couva. Also, while riding through the Beetham at all hours of the night might not be a good idea, at those times, it happens to be easier to drive because the traffic congestion is less then.

racedriverpro
punchin NOS

Postby racedriverpro » August 26th, 2017, 2:41 pm

BrotherHood wrote:Yea alyuh just continue to flash lights. Thanks.
Doh worry I will always be flashing mine too.

Any specials on the led high beams?

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » August 26th, 2017, 5:09 pm

When I was growing up, doing Geography , we had to do a project on Trinidad's economy and revenue sources. It was Coffee, Cocoa, Sugar cane ,Citrus and Pitch and then Oil came later on. Now the children have to do projects on Property tax and Speeding tickets?

Joshie23
Riding on 17's

Postby Joshie23 » August 27th, 2017, 8:51 am

rspann wrote:When I was growing up, doing Geography , we had to do a project on Trinidad's economy and revenue sources. It was Coffee, Cocoa, Sugar cane ,Citrus and Pitch and then Oil came later on. Now the children have to do projects on Property tax and Speeding tickets?

:lol: ... :? ... :cry:
The amount of truth in this post is too damn high..

mad
Sweet on this forum

Postby mad » August 27th, 2017, 8:52 am

SMH.
It looks like giving speeding tickets is more priority than catching murderers, bandits, con-men an rapists.
Like them police does real beat up they chest when they post them kinda statistics for the public.
Ah wonder when they could post them kinda figures (statistics) for guns seized, criminals prosecuted, drugs held,kidnappers held, bandits caught etc.
Imagine ah innocent citizen paying taxes that pay these police officers just so that they can give you a speeding ticket for doing 85 km/hr on the highway. And when you call for them is always the excuse like they don't have a vehicle or the officers are busy.
I see nothing wrong in a more appropriate speed limit like 120km/hr not this (1960's) 80km/hr limit we have presently.
BTW ah wonder what is the murder toll now.

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » August 27th, 2017, 8:53 am

I find the speed limit should be 160 km/hr. I find that appropriate.

BrotherHood
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Bringing HID & LED to a location near you! 355-3165. 704-5442 (WhatsApp).

Postby BrotherHood » August 27th, 2017, 10:34 am

racedriverpro wrote:
BrotherHood wrote:Yea alyuh just continue to flash lights. Thanks.
Doh worry I will always be flashing mine too.

Any specials on the led high beams?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Yea PM for more info.

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Postby hong kong phooey » August 27th, 2017, 1:18 pm

Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:I find the speed limit should be 160 km/hr. I find that appropriate.

It depends on the vehicle you have. I dont feel comfortable crossing 110km/hr in my ranger , the Grand vitiara 130km
But the Prairie sits nice at 160 km/hr the 323 i had also sits nice on the highway unless a big truck passes me .

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » August 28th, 2017, 7:00 am

foots wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:
foots wrote:. On a side note, maybe it is time to make the roads safer so that more people can choose alternative ways of getting around (like riding a bike). This might even relieve the congestion, or at least provide a faster way to get around in congested areas. Speed guns might be one step in that direction of making roads safe enough for people to choose alternatives.

Clearly you don't live in Trinidad. We don't have the luxury of working a few km away from home. Also, our sun is out and blazing hot by 7:00am. Also also, who going to ride on the Beetham all hours of the morning and the night?

Believe me, I would love to ride to and from work. Save on gas, good for the environment, good exercise for the body, good relaxation for the soul. But riding is not an alternative for the vast majority of drivers.

I cyah fault you there, the sun dus be well hot...but once you keep moving you get lil breeze. I know what you saying about the working a few km from home...but if you scrutinise the time spent on the road instead of the distance, you see a different picture sometimes. I live in Trincity and work in Port of Spain (yes man, I living in Trinidad :lol: ), das about 20km. That trip, along the EMR, takes about 50 minutes heading out to POS on a weekday morning regardless of the time you get moving....if i get in my car and leave anytime between 6am and 9am I know the drive would be a good 60-90 minutes of 1st gear and clutch mashing, maybe even more if there is maco traffic for whatever reason. I could see why riding ain't for the majority of people though......I would never even have considered it if i didn't hate sitting in standstill traffic for hours every day - I probably wouldn't be able to do it if i lived in say Valencia or Couva. Also, while riding through the Beetham at all hours of the night might not be a good idea, at those times, it happens to be easier to drive because the traffic congestion is less then.
I don't work in town anymore but actually considered riding to work when I did. If my work place had somewhere to shower and change I may have actually done it. Squeezing in a workout instead of sitting in traffic is a huge plus for obvious reasons. Working hours were also predictable so I would not have had to ride at night. I ended buying a motorcycle instead.

vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby vaiostation » August 29th, 2017, 10:32 am

I see about six traffic wardens waiting for the peasants at South Park traffic light..

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » August 29th, 2017, 10:42 am

lol i find police reall out to write tickets these days

almost everyday they hiding behind the pillars by freeport flyover to charge people

idk if its for being in the wrong lane or cellphone usage or what

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » August 29th, 2017, 12:25 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:lol i find police reall out to write tickets these days

almost everyday they hiding behind the pillars by freeport flyover to charge people

idk if its for being in the wrong lane or cellphone usage or what

Well the people should just not break the laws of the road. Give the TTPS more time and resources to go tackle the other laws being broken in the country.

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » August 29th, 2017, 1:46 pm

I wish they police would be hiding near red lights. Seeing some light breakers lately that demonstrate an otherworldly sense of timing and confidence, the way they sail through those reds.

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » August 31st, 2017, 7:48 am

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/2017-08- ... eaths-2017

Fewer road deaths for 2017

The increased use of breathalyser testing and speed guns has led to a gradual reduction in road fatalities since 2014.

Head of the Highway Patrol and Traffic Branch Senior Supt Basdeo Ramdhanie made the statement yesterday at the Police Service weekly police press briefing at the Police Administration Building in Port-of-Spain.

Refferring to statistics for the past four years, Ramdhanie said: "In 2014 there were 165, 147 in 2015 and 135 in 2016. To date, we have had 72 road deaths, but that is still too much."

He said the Police Service was expecting yet another decrease at the end of the year. There were 83 fatalities for the corresponding period, last year.

Ramdhanie said his officers were concerned over the frequency of fatal road accidents involving one vehicle.

"We have discovered that 49 per cent of these accidents involves one driver or one vehicle. It sends a message that motorists operating vehicles on our roadways are suffering from some sort of disorder, for instance, they are tired, exhausted or under some drink or drug and they are involved in these accidents," Ramdhanie said.

In addition to designating a driver, Ramdhanie suggested that drivers ensure that they are well rested and familiar with routes they plan to use before going on their journeys.

Ramdhanie noted that for the year so far his officers have issued 21,606 tickets for offences other than speeding and 13,002 for exceeding the speed limit. A little over 500 people were arrested and charged with drunk driving.

"We in the Traffic Branch do not intentionally go out there to hand out fix penalty tickets to motorists, we are there to ensure there is compliance with our traffic laws," Ramdhanie said as he appealed to drivers to comply with driving regulations.

The T&T Police Service's road safety spokesman Brent Batson also spoke at the briefing to advised drivers of traffic conditions expected with

the opening of the new school term next Monday.

"Just as the students had a vacation so did motorists from traffic congestion. We need drivers to be much more alert and anticipate the increase in traffic congestion," Batson said.

He also advised parents, who planned to transport their children to schools in unfamiliar areas to plan journeys.

Batson also encouraged parents to explore the option of car-pooling with parents of students of the same school who live nearby.

Referring to an incident last week in which four-year-old Lexie Baptiste was killed in an accident in Valencia, Batson reminded parents that all children under the age for five are required to ride in car seats.

"Failure to do so will cause the driver to incur a fine of $1,000. A car seat costs on average between $800 and $900. The ticket more expensive than a child seat," he said.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » August 31st, 2017, 8:21 am

Statistics are like mini skirts ... What they reveal is tantalizing, but what they hide is crucial.

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » August 31st, 2017, 8:24 am

drchaos wrote:Statistics are like mini skirts ... What they reveal is tantalizing, but what they hide is crucial.

Your post is 100% factual and useful.

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Postby hong kong phooey » August 31st, 2017, 9:04 am

these people who pushing this crap dont really care about people safety, its a business.
Ent they are the ones that marketing them selves to do alcohol testing , now i 'm pretty sure they will be involved some how to make money with this speeding sheit they pushing

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » August 31st, 2017, 9:05 am

hong kong phooey wrote:these people who pushing this crap dont really care about people safety, its a business.
Ent they are the ones that marketing them selves to do alcohol testing , now i 'm pretty sure they will be involved some how to make money with this speeding sheit they pushing

The police you talking about or arrive alive?

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Postby hong kong phooey » August 31st, 2017, 9:09 am

According to the express is more than 13000 issued for the year

POLICE have issued more than 21,000 fixed penalty tickets and 13,000 speeding tickets for the year.
Quoted from the Trinidad Express

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » August 31st, 2017, 9:28 am

Anybody notice how the motor vehicle death rate was way lower in a bad period, compared to the murder rate in the best of periods?

10-01
punchin NOS

Postby 10-01 » August 31st, 2017, 6:57 pm

sMASH wrote:Anybody notice how the motor vehicle death rate was way lower in a bad period, compared to the murder rate in the best of periods?

people broke ... no cars to spree with .... people killing for money now ...

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Postby hong kong phooey » August 31st, 2017, 11:30 pm

Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:
hong kong phooey wrote:these people who pushing this crap dont really care about people safety, its a business.

The police you talking about or arrive alive?

Nah arrive alive it is a business to them

Monkey Man
Riding on 18's

Postby Monkey Man » September 1st, 2017, 7:52 am

F all of allyuh in this thread.

$1000.00 is money well spent. catch me if u can.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”