Forums

NIssan Teana VS Toyota Axio VS Honda FD civic help/Opinions

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

nismo1325
3NE 2NR for life

NIssan Teana VS Toyota Axio VS Honda FD civic help/Opinions

Postby nismo1325 » August 23rd, 2017, 11:09 am

Need help from people that currently own these cars i just need to know your personal experience on these
i want to purchase one very soon and i am stuck between these two cars but id like to know how is gas consumption and general maintenance on these car. Leaning towards the Teana more but Toyota reliability is on my mind also. I wna make a kinda long term decisions on these so when i purchase i wont be changing in a hurry. Any help/Opinions will be grateful and appreciated
Last edited by nismo1325 on August 30th, 2017, 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DVSTT
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Re: NIssan Teana VS Toyota Axio help/Opinions

Postby DVSTT » August 23rd, 2017, 11:43 am

Had the JM cefiro from Massey for about 12 years, 180,000kms and no real issues with it apart from the CD changer not working and having to change the AC blower and rear wheel hub bearings, but it was meticulously maintained. I'm sure if the car was I'll treated over a long period reliability will suffer.

Ronaldo95163
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ronaldo95163 » August 23rd, 2017, 12:32 pm

Teana>>>
Axio was a flop by Toyota compared to the Corolla before it imo

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » August 23rd, 2017, 12:39 pm

2 different classes of vehicle....just keep in mind the axio and its transmission problems

nismo1325
3NE 2NR for life

Postby nismo1325 » August 23rd, 2017, 3:07 pm

also im more looking into purchasing one locally as my budget is a 90-100k would love to get the roll on roll off ones but i cant afford that at the moment or for a long while and i don't want to sink myself into a big loan

TrinidadEditing
Riding on 13's

Postby TrinidadEditing » August 23rd, 2017, 8:59 pm

Axio if gas consumption is a big deal for you. Get around 650 on a tank for highway running, around 550-600 normal roads. (42 L tank)

vipervega
3NE 2NR for life

Postby vipervega » August 23rd, 2017, 9:33 pm

This is a no Brainer bro....can't believe you would even compare such vehicles...between those 2....the teana would be the obvious choice

nismo1325
3NE 2NR for life

Postby nismo1325 » August 24th, 2017, 4:53 pm

vipervega wrote:This is a no Brainer bro....can't believe you would even compare such vehicles...between those 2....the teana would be the obvious choice

heard from some people that maintenance on it is very very costly but i doubt this very much....still sticking towards the jk or teanna over the axio have heard from some people that the axio transmissions give out quickly as they cant take much abuse

vipervega
3NE 2NR for life

Postby vipervega » August 24th, 2017, 4:59 pm

I have had both already bro....the teana really don't call for much....I have had the jk(j31) and also the j32s...cars are very solid...for the type of car parts aren't expensive and they last very long...
Even though the axio is a decent vehicle...it's a cheaply made vehicle tbh...yes the tranny do give trouble if not serviced on time and with the addition of a oil cooler....I only had one of those as I needed cash at the point in time and I got that as a trade in with cash for another vehicle I had....
As I said bro...a better comparison would be the teana and the camry...which I will still give it to the teana...in terms of looks and more fun to drive...

speedmelter
18 pounds of Boost

Postby speedmelter » August 24th, 2017, 5:29 pm

i own the j32 version of the teana and from my experience its pretty durable and reliable

parts wise there are alot of aftermarket parts available on ebay/ amazon as they share a similar platform to the us nissan maxima/ altima, and the vq engines are very good. in terms of gas consumption, i get around 7.5 km/ l which is just over 550 km on a full tank (70 L) that takes $250 to fill with super.

its a more fun and comfortable car to drive compared to the axio.

nismo1325
3NE 2NR for life

Postby nismo1325 » August 29th, 2017, 8:18 am

got a test drive in a teana yesterday and it is nothing but an amazing car plenty power and super comfortable....i also drove a 9th gen civic and it was a pretty good car also..owner said gas is excellent just pasts a little on the expensive side but he says the parts lasts quite a while...

bassotronics
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby bassotronics » August 29th, 2017, 12:58 pm

hustla_ambition101 wrote:2 different classes of vehicle....just keep in mind the axio and its transmission problems

i have an Axio for over 10years. Never changed transmission, engine parts or any major thing on it. Only thing changed was oil, filters, tires. I do check ups every 6 months. Suspension is very strong and I drive all over in all kind of bad roads. Just my 2c.

nismo1325
3NE 2NR for life

Postby nismo1325 » August 30th, 2017, 12:00 pm

Anybody views on the 1.8 FD civics?

cueball1990
Trinituner Peong

Re: NIssan Teana VS Toyota Axio VS Honda FD civic help/Opinions

Postby cueball1990 » August 30th, 2017, 12:29 pm

have you considered the 161 fielder? pretty good vehicles. i believe some of them come with a 1.8 engine and manual as well. then again not everyone likes wagons. the axio is a good buy for a easy to maintain car and they are extremely good on gas like most toyotas. the issue with the transmission is mainly because of poor maintenance eg, improper standard of fluid used and too long change intervals. the only issue i see with some toyota vehicles is that the ac compressors tend to give out and they are expensive to replace both new and foreign used

aidan
30 pounds of Boost

Postby aidan » August 30th, 2017, 3:25 pm

My pops has a 141 axio with the 1.8 for the last 7 years, no issues at all. Plenty power and very comfortable, also very good on fuel (12km/L)

streetbeastINC.
punchin NOS

Postby streetbeastINC. » August 31st, 2017, 1:51 pm

no other choice for me nissan proven ..my almera still sits in my garage ,

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » August 31st, 2017, 3:00 pm

nismo1325 wrote:got a test drive in a teana yesterday and it is nothing but an amazing car plenty power and super comfortable....i also drove a 9th gen civic and it was a pretty good car also..owner said gas is excellent just pasts a little on the expensive side but he says the parts lasts quite a while...

Yes Honda parts are on the expensive side if you buy it locally, but they are very reliable and lasts. I buy genuine/OEM honda parts all the time for my Accord from ebay and bring it down via skybox.

I have a bias for Honda so I would purchase the civic but from your case and from others, the Teana is the winner here. While shopping around, just make sure the vehicle is not riddled with aftermarket/generic parts. Watch out for major modifications done. Once you get past all of that, yuh safe.

speedmelter
18 pounds of Boost

Postby speedmelter » August 31st, 2017, 5:33 pm

nismo1325 wrote:also im more looking into purchasing one locally as my budget is a 90-100k would love to get the roll on roll off ones but i cant afford that at the moment or for a long while and i don't want to sink myself into a big loan

you can get a used j32 with that budget.

nismo1325
3NE 2NR for life

Postby nismo1325 » August 31st, 2017, 11:19 pm

speedmelter wrote:
nismo1325 wrote:also im more looking into purchasing one locally as my budget is a 90-100k would love to get the roll on roll off ones but i cant afford that at the moment or for a long while and i don't want to sink myself into a big loan

ha so you would think eh......from anybody on this forum how does one get a dash kit or get around the dash problems with the teana's.....think i made my choice to that as i finally think that car is in a class of its own ...its just so comfortable

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Postby hong kong phooey » September 1st, 2017, 4:14 am

Very good choice, those cars are in different class level to the axoi or civic.
take a mechanic with you or get the driver to take the car to an alignment place and pay and get the suspension checked out .

diamonds are forever
Street 2NR

Postby diamonds are forever » September 1st, 2017, 6:35 pm

The teana's are classed with the camry and accord. No way you can compare that to a civic or axio (corolla). Different ride via suspension and the power is totally different to the smaller cars. When you drive a big car you wouldn't want to go back to a smaller car again.

speedmelter
18 pounds of Boost

Postby speedmelter » September 1st, 2017, 7:03 pm

nismo1325 wrote:
speedmelter wrote:

ha so you would think eh......from anybody on this forum how does one get a dash kit or get around the dash problems with the teana's.....think i made my choice to that as i finally think that car is in a class of its own ...its just so comfortable

i have the local version so fortunately the radio is separate from the a/c control unit, because of that i was able to change out the stock head unit for a double din dvd deck.

Pioneer NEX head units has a module sold separately (idatalink maestro) that can integrate the systems a/c controls into the head unit so that it can become a sort of multimedia center for ur car. That is one option you can look into. I have one of those head units but never bothered to get the accessory to do that seeing that mine was already separate but that is something you can look into.

What i have seen some guys with the foreign used version j32 do is place a single din head unit in the glove box. There is a rectangular space where i believe a cd changer would have been where it can fit nicely. There is a usb function that is possible through the stock radio doh, ive seen some of them come with it or you can buy it on ebay to access the usb function. Its just a plugin.

diamonds are forever
Street 2NR

Postby diamonds are forever » September 1st, 2017, 7:10 pm

This is what I did on my j31. That's an option you can look at also
Attachments
20160913_181448.jpg
20160913_181531.jpg

speedmelter
18 pounds of Boost

Postby speedmelter » September 1st, 2017, 7:17 pm

that looks neat enough and it should be able to similarly fit in the j32 in that area if you figure out a way to secure the HU to the sides

Mercenary
Riding on 18's

Postby Mercenary » September 1st, 2017, 11:17 pm

Teanna engine parts readily available?

speedmelter
18 pounds of Boost

Postby speedmelter » September 2nd, 2017, 1:14 am

vq23 in the bamboo is like 2000 - 2500 for a complete engine last time i noticed

vq25 in the newer ones well ive only seen a few from front cuts in the bamboo but im sure there would be alot more in time to come.

some come with the qr20 and qr25 which is very common...

realistically what you gona want once you maintain properly would be what? a coil pack, a compressor maybe or an alternator... maybe a tensioner pulley... maybe a sensor.. engine mount.. all these stuff u can get brand new on ebay cuz vq25 is used in a host of american nissan cars.... just reference part numbers and even in the bamboo you can find parts..

i was never a fan of v6 cuz i viewed it as gas guzzlers. but realistically u never really have to rev over 2500 - 3000 rpm so i feel essentially the engine is never overworked and would last longer and u can save fuel if u manage to keep yourself from being spritey with the pedal too much. One bright positive thing to note is that the CVT in the j32 based on research and experience seems to be a very well built one. i did flush and refill at 100 000 and was impressed with the quality of old fluid.

The only issue that popped up with the vehicle that i did not like is my dashboard developing a couple of hairline cracks maybe by me parking in the sun all day everyday. Ive had it more than a year and i drive it almost everyday and its a very fun vehicle to own and drive.

nismo1325
3NE 2NR for life

Postby nismo1325 » September 2nd, 2017, 6:34 pm

diamonds are forever wrote:This is what I did on my j31. That's an option you can look at also

Who did this install? It's so clean an neat....when I buy my j31 I want this install but I wna get it done properly and clean...I doubt u will be able to afford the j32 at the prices I see them going for but I still love the j31 a lot

diamonds are forever
Street 2NR

Postby diamonds are forever » September 3rd, 2017, 2:14 pm

Anytime you ready just pm me. I did it myself with the help of a partner also.

nismo1325
3NE 2NR for life

Postby nismo1325 » September 3rd, 2017, 9:57 pm

so getting a local j31 teana fully loaded for 60k ....only problem its a PBR but to me thats not a problem as the car is in mint condition...i also noticed that the clear is a bit faded on the bonnet of the car but thats no problem to me as it minor fix as the car is silver...other than that itsd a local J31 also....guy said how maintenance is not that bad and its a none CVTY also...car still pulls like a normal cefiro to me but idk how its not CVT gas would be compared to CVT for me i find its a good deal for 60k

Mercenary
Riding on 18's

Postby Mercenary » September 3rd, 2017, 10:14 pm

Not bad... which grade is the one wit the twin exhausts?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”