Forums

The Tobago Ferry Boat thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: That Boat Scandal!!!

Postby rspann » August 24th, 2017, 7:40 am

If he thinks the deal is crooked, why not turn the investigation over to the competent authorities , the Police and the Integrity Commission?

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » August 24th, 2017, 7:40 am

Right...and you then would be vex about him lawyering up....

Not like any of this is new....

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » August 24th, 2017, 7:47 am

That is not the answer to my question. If he suspects the deal is crooked ( he said it) then it is a criminal act , the police is the only authority to investigate criminal acts, I never said anything about him lawyering up. Please don't deflect , try to be objective .

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » August 24th, 2017, 7:51 am

Growley came into power by portraying himself as anti- corruption . What went wrong? Or was it just a farce? he overlooks corruption, stays silent when citizens are looking for answers , and allows anyone to get away with anything. ,just so he doesn't look like he made bad choices in his selection of ministers and other appointees.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » August 24th, 2017, 8:01 am

I did not see your first post
I don't know why ...maybe 'crooked' is not only money tief...but procedural ?

May not reach up to CRIMINAL activity.

Maybe it's his deal...and he covering his ass.

Maybe this is the best course of action.

Maybe they need people to stop talking about Petrotrin s audit results
Or CL.

I've stated that the main objective of both parties is political mileage...not transparency

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » August 24th, 2017, 8:03 am

rspann wrote:Growley came into power by portraying himself as anti- corruption . What went wrong? Or was it just a farce? he overlooks corruption, stays silent when citizens are looking for answers , and allows anyone to get away with anything. ,just so he doesn't look like he made bad choices in his selection of ministers and other appointees.

And you believed him.

I just PM you the price on the sea front property in Chaguanas

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » August 24th, 2017, 8:15 am

^^ to be fair believing in a person and what they represent doesn't make you foolish. I think we all accept that politicians are self serving, we've gotten 89/11 for so long that if we got 65/35 for a change we'd say it's a start. Since corruption hasn't been proven let's ignore that, but gross ineptitude, neglect and mismanagement of this nature is enough for firings to occur

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » August 24th, 2017, 8:25 am

eliteauto wrote:^^ to be fair believing in a person and what they represent doesn't make you foolish. I think we all accept that politicians are self serving, we've gotten 89/11 for so long that if we got 65/35 for a change we'd say it's a start. Since corruption hasn't been proven let's ignore that, but gross ineptitude, neglect and mismanagement of this nature is enough for firings to occur

Agreed....and if I implied foolish ...Rspann I apologize.

But
Given the factual track record of politics here...expecting honesty and transparency is naive

Regardless of which party elected officials-generally are not stupid.
The can be many things-but not stupid.....and at the level of Cabinet every move is calculated and done with a specific reason.
And info released to the public for strategic POLITICAL reasons.

toyota2nr
18 pounds of Boost

Postby toyota2nr » August 24th, 2017, 8:43 am

Redress10 wrote:

Shane Mohammed is a known UNC man...How he become a "political analyst".

This country really jokey. I well say is some independent voice.

Not to take away from the obvious bs that taken place with this boat.

He can't appear to have an "independent" opinion on political issues and then be so publically affiliated with a political party. We really moving backwards in this place.

Same way Winford James and Rhoda Bharath are also 'political analysts'.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » August 24th, 2017, 11:45 am

that piece with the email address belonging to a japanese company name Rohan Sinanan & Co confusing me

10-01
punchin NOS

Postby 10-01 » August 24th, 2017, 12:55 pm

Last minute attempts to make the Cabo Star compliant with the requirements to get another license to transport passengers delayed the sailing of the vessel yesterday. But it eventually set sail by late afternoon without fulfilling all of those requirements and its current license expires today.

Well placed sources told the T&T Guardian that when a conditional license was issued on July 21, the authorities were told they had to do a number of things in order to be granted a full license for the cargo vessel.

Officials of the Port Authority of T&T were mum on the issue yesterday, but the T&T Guardian understands that the vessel remained out at sea while installation of equipment for life rafts were installed. Well placed sources said maritime officials were placed on the vessel to ensure that requirements for the full license were met. Those officials travelled on the vessel when it left Port-of-Spain for Scarborough to continue their checks. (See Page A5)

On July 21, the vessel, which was licensed for cargo only, got a conditional license to transport passengers. That license was issued in Panama after the Director of Maritime Services Ronald Alfred gave the vessel permission to transport truckers on the sea bridge between Trinidad and Tobago.

The temporary authorisation allowed the vessel to carry on board 130 people, including truck and lorry drivers and crew.

The authorisation was granted on condition that the vessel was brought up to international maritime standards for Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS). This included the installation of two life boats totally enclosed with a capacity of 50 people each for a total of 100 people, additional life rafts be installed for a total capacity of 160 people, installation of enough life jackets for the requisite number of passengers (i.e. drivers), outfitting with a rescue boat and that personal life saving appliances meet SOLAS requirements.

According to the conditional license, the ship “is capable to accommodate such extra people partially in cabins almost 60 people and the remaining in public spaces such as lounges, and mess room.”

But president of the Inter-Isle Traders and Truckers Association Horace Amede told the T&T Guardian yesterday that there are many shortcomings on the Cabo Star. He said the truckers have been sleeping on the floor of the vessel and he fears that with the rats and cockroaches on board the men may fall ill.

He said the “Cabo Star has not met with our expectations, it has the capacity to carry cargo but the other amenities not there. We have no cabins, no cafeteria, there is nothing to eat on the boats, there are problems with the toilets and the vessel does not have an elevator.”

Amede said the concerns of the truckers had been brought to the attention of the Port Authority but he said “we have no confidence that they will fix the problems.” The issues were also raised at Monday’s stakeholders’ meeting with Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » August 24th, 2017, 5:20 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:that piece with the email address belonging to a japanese company name Rohan Sinanan & Co confusing me

Why is it confusing you?

Have you not realized that all the people Rowley put to investigate the boat(s) would only do his bidding.

He must protect Sinanan, PATT Board and especially PATT GM at all costs.

Otherwise, when the mark buss as to who get what .......

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » September 13th, 2017, 12:13 pm

So... Mouttet SBA report due on Friday :lol:

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » September 13th, 2017, 1:03 pm

I see Cadiz linking AV to the bidding on the ferries.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 13th, 2017, 1:22 pm

Rowley already said things crooked. If the report come out snake eyes, then either the report is flawed or compromised, rowley lying, or he is inept.

If the report showed crookedness, then sinanan was corrupt and rowley knew things were amiss and did nothing, or he didn't know because he ain't business.

The ovwrall thing going on here is either ineptitude or corruption. Couple that with mismanagement by making the wrong decisions, and we have a country trapped in a tail spin

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » September 13th, 2017, 4:24 pm

So on the 1st tender to procure a boat, the company who won was A&V Drilling where Galicia came 2nd. Somebody realize A&V didn't have a boat and was disqualified. By default, the next in line was suppose to get the tender... which was the Galicia. Sahadeo board scrap the tender.

On the 2nd tender, Galica won. Sahadeo board scrap the tender and change the specs.

A 3rd tender went out. By this time Rohan reach and a new board was appointed. Galicia get fedup and Bridgeman won that tender.

A 4th tender is out...

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » September 13th, 2017, 5:35 pm

so all the inquiry into this gone cold or what ?

even watson duke quiet

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » September 15th, 2017, 4:17 pm

Mouttet submitted his SBA report to rowley... let's see if it will be made public.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » September 15th, 2017, 6:28 pm

The kick out pnm fb site has video showing rohan and his blatant lying and back pedalling.

Something should be done about this, govt ministers shouldnt be allowed to lie to official just like that.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » September 15th, 2017, 7:29 pm

pugboy wrote:The kick out pnm fb site has video showing rohan and his blatant lying and back pedalling.

Something should be done about this, govt ministers shouldnt be allowed to lie to official just like that.

This?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 16th, 2017, 7:39 pm

Honorable,
How can av win the bid without having a boat?
That in itself shows a biased tender review committee

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » September 16th, 2017, 7:54 pm

The bid was the lowest...but it was DQ d when it was determined that they did not have a boat

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 16th, 2017, 8:53 pm

Hoss, don't they have to show that they can fulfill the contracts, in addition to having a good price?

I can understand a small six for nine parlor just taking the cheapest option and catch their tail after, but not a government doing so for a national communication medium.

Too comical for that level of professionalism.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » September 16th, 2017, 9:08 pm

Dr. Rowley said he is very troubled by what he read in the report from Mouttett.

But ent he saying he troubled since whenever???

And he has done absolutely nothing.

Where is the red and dead army?

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » September 16th, 2017, 9:09 pm

I think it's being overstated.

I could have bid..
On the open the bids ...I bid lowest .and 'won' based on price.

Then they asses my capabilities .

So it's like an administrative win.
That lasted for as long as they took to figure out he had no boat.
Means nothing.

The process DQ d AV.
The process worked.

Bash arrogant and greedy enough to tender for anything.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 16th, 2017, 9:21 pm

I worked for a smaller company and even for the simplest of tenders, they still had to basically demonstrate they could fulfill the contract when necessary, at the tenders evaluation level.

I mean,

'Anybody could supply me with a hundred pounds of eddoes?'
'Yes, I can, $70 '
'How, much eddoes can u supply?'
'None'
'Why are u even talking to me?'

Even at the earliest stages best practices weren't being followed.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » September 16th, 2017, 10:01 pm

sMASH wrote:Even at the earliest stages best practices weren't being followed.

Exactly, the process didn't work. What seemed to happen was that someone independent found out about A&V which would have caused bobol if the tender went thru and the file buss. Sahadeo realized this and choose the nuclear option: scrap the tender so that she and the board can remain safe until a next time.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: The Tobago Ferry Boat Scandal!!!

Postby Redman » September 17th, 2017, 1:17 am

But smash is describing what Cadiz said happened with AV.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » September 17th, 2017, 5:56 am

None of them have any love for country. They go up for public office only to fill their, and their friends pockets. You wonder why they leave their professional lives to go do a job that pays so little. When a scandal takes place you understand why.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » September 17th, 2017, 8:32 am

But why squash the tender instead of granting it to the next suitable person? If a and v wasn't qualified

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”