TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

ford ranger white smoke

Diesel, Gas, 4x4, 4x2

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forum rules
This forum is for discussions on Trucks and Pickups only!
DO NOT POST ADS IN HERE
WTB (Want to buy), LF (Looking for), EOI (Expression of Interest) or FS (For sale) topics etc will be deleted.
If you are looking for a part please search or post in the Auto Parts Classifieds.
Please keep all discussion professional and technical. Opinions are welcomed, however trolling, spamming and bashing will not be tolerated.
HAYWIRE
Shifting into 6th

ford ranger white smoke

Postby HAYWIRE » September 24th, 2013, 7:15 pm

Hey guys...im having a little problem thats confusing me. I have a 2009 ford ranger turbo diesel... works fine when running but on a cold start the engine bucks for about 4-5 seconds . While the engine is bucking it puffs out white smoke. I changed glow plugs and the bucking is still there... once i rev it out a little it stops. I also drained my fuel filter which had alot of water. Any suggestions please?

Bezman
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Re: ford ranger white smoke

Postby Bezman » October 3rd, 2013, 11:29 am

water may have damaged the fuel injectors.. get a injector diagnostics test done ASAP.

kalel316
Riding on 13's

Postby kalel316 » October 26th, 2013, 7:07 am

Your head is cracked, check my post for details

bt50
Sweet on this forum

Postby bt50 » October 26th, 2013, 8:22 am

@ haywire...define a lot of water. Did the water trap light illuminate on the dashboard?

Questions:
1) does the white smoke occur only on mornings or every time u start? When my bt50 head had cracked the white smoke shake up of engine occurred at every start up and progressively got worse.
2) coolant reservoir needs topping up? I had to add a chubby bottle of water at the beginning which increased to about a litre of water every 2 days until the head cracked out fully 5000kms later.
3) open radiator cover and start up van. Are there bubbles whilst idling. Usually head or gasket.

As bezman indicated do diagnostics on injectors to make sure they not dripping first which can cause shake up when parked up overnight etc. Additionally If injector is shot the engine would knock like a bearing constantly...which you have not indicated as a issue.

The wl heads notorious....if it's ur head you can get complete head by faiz for $5000 approx. what I did after I changed mine was throw out the thermostat , upgraded to 3 core radiator and installed extra fan on ac condenser.

Keep us posted.

InkD
Riding on 13's

Postby InkD » November 8th, 2013, 3:30 pm

@bt50, Hey man I'm interested in where you bought the 3 Core Radiator and also, where you purchased the fan. I just changed my Head and was thinking about doing the same exact thing you stated in your post. Good Post tho..

Mech Mines
Street 2NR

Postby Mech Mines » November 19th, 2013, 11:30 pm

Hey it could probably be a number of things that can cause that, do you loose any water from your radiator? I have repaired this problem may times. You can contact me at 3614048. Also we can do a complete cylinder head job for around$5500-6000 with 1 month warranty.

JamieConway88
Riding on 13's

Postby JamieConway88 » January 17th, 2018, 11:26 pm

I think the fuel pumping injection timing has stopped working. You should have your car checked by a mechanic because checking the injection requires a lot of skills.

Advertisement

Return to “Trucks & Pickups”