Forums

Car Insurance

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Re: Car Insurance

Postby ADONI » March 7th, 2018, 10:58 am

Jade_Inc. wrote:What is the process to transfer my insurance to any other insurance? I've been with motor one since 2014

Just wait it out till your insurance is about to expire and switch. From your existing insurance, you will need to pay for a no claim letter, to go to your new insurance. This is to assist in bringing down the cost of the new insurance.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » March 7th, 2018, 11:24 am

No claim letters does be free iirc.
I never had to pay. Just close off the current policy and indicate withdrawal with current company and request the no claim

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Postby ADONI » March 7th, 2018, 11:34 am

Colfire, does charge meh ass for a no claim letter, even if is to take out another policy with them self.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » March 7th, 2018, 1:10 pm

Fire fuh colfire

I got all my no claims with no payments.

From motor and general
To presidential
From presidential to sagicor
With sagicor currently. Dont think i'll move.

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » March 7th, 2018, 5:21 pm

Jade_Inc. wrote:What is the process to transfer my insurance to any other insurance? I've been with motor one since 2014
U just need motor one to write up a no claim discount letter for u provided u have the no claim discount....and take this letter to your new insurance company and thats it....

10-01
punchin NOS

Postby 10-01 » March 7th, 2018, 5:35 pm

car wrote:
10-01 wrote:
Grudge wrote:Stay away from Beacon also. Got in accident in August and can’t even get a response from them. Poor poor service. No one seems to know anything or where to transfer calls.
Insurance is fully comprehensive and guy hit me from back in traffic.

wow i got in an accident in dec the 2 nd week and beacon sorted out the claim by the 1 st week in jan , and to make things worst the painter quoted for the wrong model bumper so beacon paid the cheq and they had to do another cheq to make up the difference for the newer model bumper that cheq was sorted out in 4 days ... idk how your claim taking so long

this is beacon south thou ...

Could be small money they have to shell out to fix you up.
If it was a big claim and they realize they bussing they would take longer by trying all avenues possible to avoid the loss.
Insurance is a money making business.

claim was 20 k

Jade_Inc.
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Jade_Inc. » March 7th, 2018, 6:48 pm

*$kїđž![emoji769] wrote:
U just need motor one to write up a no claim discount letter for u provided u have the no claim discount....and take this letter to your new insurance company and thats it....
Would they do the letter without run around? Cuz they would be losing a customer there u know

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » March 7th, 2018, 6:54 pm

Jade_Inc. wrote:
*$kїđž![emoji769] wrote:
Would they do the letter without run around? Cuz they would be losing a customer there u know
Nah...they does do it.
The most they may ask you to do is collect it at the head office

vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby vaiostation » October 30th, 2019, 7:15 am

Farmer robbed twice, pleads for help

A Wood­land farmer who was robbed of his van at gun­point while sell­ing veg­eta­bles out­side his stall is now call­ing for help af­ter his ve­hi­cle in­sur­ance com­pa­ny re­ject­ed his claim for com­pen­sa­tion.

Mo­han Prem­c­hand, of 6 Nan­coo Trace, said he took out a ful­ly com­pre­hen­sive in­sur­ance pol­i­cy for a Nis­san Navara ve­hi­cle which he pur­chased on De­cem­ber 13 last year.

The in­sur­ance was grant­ed by the In­sur­ance Com­pa­ny of the West In­dies (ICWI) and Prem­c­hand said he paid $4,021 for his pol­i­cy.

On Ju­ly 13, while he was at his veg­etable stall with his wife and daugh­ter, a gang of rob­bers pulled up in front of his stall and or­dered him to hand over the keys for the van.

Short­ly af­ter the rob­bers drove off, Prem­c­hand said he flagged down a pass­ing po­lice ve­hi­cle and told them his van had been stolen.

How­ev­er, the of­fi­cers nev­er pur­sued the rob­bers but went on their own busi­ness. The ve­hi­cle was nev­er re­cov­ered.

Af­ter lodg­ing a re­port at the San Fer­nan­do Po­lice Sta­tion, Prem­c­hand said he went to his in­sur­ance com­pa­ny and in­formed them that the van was stolen. He said he ex­pect­ed com­pen­sa­tion as the van had ful­ly com­pre­hen­sive in­sur­ance. He pro­vid­ed doc­u­ments to them as well as the po­lice re­port.

Prem­c­hand said he spoke to sev­er­al of­fi­cials and was un­der the im­pres­sion that the claim will be ho­n­oured. How­ev­er, he was lat­er in­formed that he was not en­ti­tled to a claim be­cause he had failed to de­clare on his in­sur­ance form in­for­ma­tion de­tails of pre­vi­ous ac­ci­dents.

In a let­ter dat­ed Oc­to­ber 14 and signed by the Claims and Le­gal rep­re­sen­ta­tive Alex Richards, Prem­c­hand was in­formed there was a breach in his pol­i­cy be­cause he failed to de­clare that an­oth­er ve­hi­cle had been stolen from the same premis­es the year be­fore.

Say­ing his fail­ure to de­clare the theft amounts to a ma­te­r­i­al non-dis­clo­sure meant that the com­pa­ny will not set­tle the claim.

Prem­c­hand said in a no claim let­ter is­sued to the com­pa­ny he had in­formed them of pre­vi­ous ac­ci­dents. But he ad­mit­ted that he nev­er dis­closed the theft of the pre­vi­ous ve­hi­cle say­ing the agent nev­er asked and when he signed and paid for his pol­i­cy.

“I didn’t even read it. She ticked off those an­swers and I signed it, paid and col­lect­ed my pol­i­cy. I am a farmer and it is dif­fi­cult for me since I lost my van,” he added.

He not­ed that the van was mort­gaged to Sco­tia Bank and he was ob­lig­at­ed to pay $2,677 month­ly for a van which he no longer had.

Prem­c­hand said he went to his MP Dr Roodal Mooni­lal as well as his coun­cil­lor hop­ing that they could in­ter­vene and help him.

“I plan to al­so go to the Om­buds­man and make a com­plaint. I need to get back a set­tle­ment be­cause with­out my van I can­not main­tain my fam­i­ly,” he added.

Con­tact­ed for com­ment, an of­fi­cial from ICWI said he was fa­mil­iar with Prem­c­hand’s claim. How­ev­er, he said ques­tions will have to be an­swered by ICWI’s tech­ni­cal man­ag­er Michelle Robin­son. In an in­ter­view Robin­son said in De­cem­ber 2018 Prem­c­hand went to the San Fer­nan­do Branch and asked for a quote. She said he did not in­form them about his claim at the last in­sur­ance com­pa­ny and this con­sti­tut­ed a breach in his non dis­clo­sure form.

“If he had in­formed us about the last claim he made we would not have tak­en his busi­ness. He de­lib­er­ate­ly with­held in­for­ma­tion from us and be­cause of this we have can­celled the pol­i­cy and will give him back a re­im­burse­ment of his pol­i­cy but we will not set­tle his claim be­cause he failed to de­clare in­for­ma­tion to us,” she added.

Prem­c­hand said he was now seek­ing the as­sis­tance of an at­tor­ney. (RDS)

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » October 30th, 2019, 7:32 am

He lied on the form about past incidents. This would obviously change the calculation for the rate he would have had to pay. He broke the terms of agreement and contract. He has zero case here. If he didn't lie his premium may have been $7k instead of $4k. Now he loss everything for lying. And yuh hear his excuse? "i didn't read it, i just signed it where she ticked off" :|

viedcht
Riding on 18's

Postby viedcht » October 30th, 2019, 7:38 am

maj. tom wrote:He lied on the form about past incidents. This would obviously change the calculation for the rate he would have had to pay. He broke the terms of agreement and contract. He has zero case here. If he didn't lie his premium may have been $7k instead of $4k. Now he loss everything for lying. And yuh hear his excuse? "i didn't read it, i just signed it where she ticked off" :|
Yes, pay the price for scampishness.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » October 30th, 2019, 9:31 am

yeah he pretty much screwed there

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » October 30th, 2019, 1:59 pm

^^

Trini insurance gone thru the roof ..
Full Com is so expensive .

Last time I went to my friendly insurance company ..
It was morning and I drink 4 cups FREE coffee .. they had diff flavor and ting

That day I was sitting reading the Guardian .

I did not know I was REALLY PAYING for it like maybe $40 per cup !!!

I.E. Thru the insurance premium ..

Which is the best full comp company that pays ?

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » October 30th, 2019, 5:49 pm

I'm paying 5k a year for a fully comp Tucson (240k) through tatil

And I have a padna paying 5300 for fully comp for a 90k fielder wagon with colfire

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » October 30th, 2019, 6:02 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:I'm paying 5k a year for a fully comp Tucson (240k) through tatil

And I have a padna paying 5300 for fully comp for a 90k fielder wagon with colfire

Both at maxed out discounts ?

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » October 30th, 2019, 6:38 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:I'm paying 5k a year for a fully comp Tucson (240k) through tatil

Some problem with Colfire ?

goalpost
punchin NOS

Postby goalpost » October 30th, 2019, 7:06 pm

Paying about 4500 this year for a van valued at 210k. Fully comp. Tatil
Colleague paying 8k this year for same van. Colfire.

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » October 30th, 2019, 9:04 pm

I heard similar but now I really wonder if I need to transfer away from COLFIRE , my renewal is in a couple weeks

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » October 31st, 2019, 7:04 am

Tatil has a major discount for brand new vehicles. No other company could match it

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » October 31st, 2019, 7:50 am

goalpost wrote:Paying about 4500 this year for a van valued at 210k. Fully comp. Tatil
Colleague paying 8k this year for same van. Colfire.

Does this colleague have a similar profile as yours wrt driving experience, colfire discounts, no-claim bonuses?

ronsin1
punchin NOS

Postby ronsin1 » October 31st, 2019, 9:54 pm

My wife's car is insured with TATIL out of the showroom we are paying $3200 per year fully comp (2 years old now)
Excess is $7500

My van is with sagicor fully comp and full no claim its 5000 per year my van is 8 years old excess is $2500

Tatil pull you in with that low premium just pray you are not wrong in an accident

On the other hand tatil savings year over year you could more than make that excess

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » November 1st, 2019, 12:17 am

ronsin1 wrote:My wife's car is insured with TATIL out of the showroom we are paying $3200 per year fully comp (2 years old now)
Excess is $7500

My van is with sagicor fully comp and full no claim its 5000 per year my van is 8 years old excess is $2500

Tatil pull you in with that low premium just pray you are not wrong in an accident

On the other hand tatil savings year over year you could more than make that excess

Good deal :D

Tatil :!: .. I will change :D

ronsin1
punchin NOS

Postby ronsin1 » November 3rd, 2019, 8:40 am

RedVEVO wrote:
ronsin1 wrote:My wife's car is insured with TATIL out of the showroom we are paying $3200 per year fully comp (2 years old now)
Excess is $7500

Good deal :D

Tatil :!: .. I will change :D
This is only if it's a new registered vehicle

They dont quote these pricing for vehicles on the road not insured with them

I tried moving my insurance for the van and they didn't want to insure at that rate

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » November 3rd, 2019, 9:01 am

Huh hadda be a Premchand yes....

AND HE FROM PENAL TOO?????

Well yes fadda.

Premchand1976
Riding on 16's

Postby Premchand1976 » November 3rd, 2019, 10:05 am

MaxPower wrote:Huh hadda be a Premchand yes....

AND HE FROM PENAL TOO?????

Well yes fadda.
WTH??? That ain't me and I ain't from penal eh

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » November 3rd, 2019, 10:10 am

^ hahahahha

I didnt say 1976 eh

Premchand1976
Riding on 16's

Postby Premchand1976 » November 3rd, 2019, 2:42 pm

MaxPower wrote:^ hahahahha

I didnt say 1976 eh
Lol

goalpost
punchin NOS

Postby goalpost » November 3rd, 2019, 5:57 pm

I thought insurance premiums does reduce every year, at least for a while Got my renewal notice for my third year insurance & it's the same amount as the 2nd year.

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Musical Doc » October 8th, 2021, 10:12 am

Bumping an old thread. If you get an estimate to repair your vehicle for the insurance from a repair garage, are you obligated to get your vehicle fixed at that same garage when you get the insurance $ or u can go to a garage of your choice?

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » October 8th, 2021, 11:08 am

Once you get the money, insurance generally don't care anymore. You can go wherever.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”