Forums

Would You Rather Hustle Or Education?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

philliprock
3NE 2NR for life

Would You Rather Hustle Or Education?

Postby philliprock » March 11th, 2018, 7:40 pm

i posted recently about budgeting, most of the responses was like more hustle mentality. clearly in 2018 we live in such times.
i dont know if im up to the task of husslin',
and furthering education seems so bleak. i know it would greatly improve my life but there are so many others who i work with have degrees and work for less dan $600 per week.
where as husslin, men making 4-5X dat, per week, which is imaginable, since im poor i never got to see the richer side of life.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: would you rather hustle or education?

Postby The_Honourable » March 11th, 2018, 7:45 pm

Education does not always mean degrees. It's simply knowledge and applying it in different areas of your life especially to further develop your hustle. Once you become very good in something and you know you are good in it, you should want good pay.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » March 11th, 2018, 7:52 pm

The uneducated ones that hustling, see how long they stay in business for.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » March 11th, 2018, 7:52 pm

You want good advice, hustle and educate yourself both at once. It pays off

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » March 11th, 2018, 7:58 pm

This is real life. Both are important and necessary.

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » March 11th, 2018, 8:00 pm

philliprock wrote:i posted recently about budgeting, most of the responses was like more hustle mentality. clearly in 2018 we live in such times.
and furthering education seems so bleak. i know it would greatly improve my life but there are so many others who i work with have degrees and work for less dan $600 per week.
where as husslin, men making 4-5X dat, per week, which is imaginable, since im poor i never got to see the richer side of life.

The rich people are also "hustling"...Plenty "rich" gyal does do promo work etc for a lil change. Everybody hustline some way or somehow. Plenty people out here also "appear" to be doing well but the reality is different. A case in point ur friends with the degrees who not even making $600 tt a week. I know a doubles man who making $15000 a day. I sure people here know doubles men making more than that. Educate yourself but also know how to hustle

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » March 11th, 2018, 8:05 pm

X2 on people who appear to be living big while they scrunting.
Dont talk about those who have priorities mixed up. Seeing cars with new plates parked by breaking down house

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » March 11th, 2018, 8:11 pm

Not even mentioning those who have both the new plates and the sprawling house and now are a slave to both, to keep up appearances... all while every other aspect of their lives are an abject failure. True success will always be a balance.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 11th, 2018, 8:27 pm

Labour laws in trini is bullchit and its all in favor to the employer. Labour laws here are next to slavery.

Hustling far better as you work on your own terms , you set the pace.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » March 11th, 2018, 8:51 pm

Tried hustling right after secondary school. it's a dead end unless you work really hard and get really lucky.

Education is a ticket out of that. Can land you a paying gig and you can explore your passion on the side. With luck you'll land in a job that you're passionate about

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » March 11th, 2018, 8:56 pm

VexXx Dogg wrote:Tried hustling right after secondary school. it's a dead end unless you work really hard and get really lucky.

Education is a ticket out of that. Can land you a paying gig and you can explore your passion on the side. With luck you'll land in a job that you're passionate about

Wham dred? You make me rush in here to read your post, in hopes it was more car analogy goodness, like in another ched? :lol:

rmrunner
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby rmrunner » March 11th, 2018, 9:19 pm

In this day and age, having education with work experience could still have you on the lower pay grade or even jobless. This is because we live in a political society where no matter how hard you work for something the system is meant to screw you over. The corruption in the workplace is far out of control and for any youth coming up today cannot see a bright future. This is why more educated persons are turning to make the hustle. Making a hustle is about diversifying yourself and looking at what the current market requires for you to make profit. Example not because you did mechanical engineering you suddenly want to open a garage. Have so many competition in this today that another idea is needed. Another example is food. Trinidad ppl do not like to cook and looking to buy any fast food. Location and taste can make you thousands in this category. So it's always good to educate yourself but never depend on working for someone to gain that dollar. Also remember ROME wasn't built overnight.

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » March 11th, 2018, 9:54 pm

Depends on the hustle
and depends on the education.
Look at what the market demanding, and supply it.

Somebody with a biology degree more educated than a welder. But who more in demand?
Who gon make more money?

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » March 11th, 2018, 10:00 pm

will leave this here

No_Name
Sweet on this forum

Postby No_Name » March 12th, 2018, 5:45 am

Need both to survive in these times...

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » March 12th, 2018, 7:33 am

I think more people are turning to Illegal activities to prosper at any cost.

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » March 12th, 2018, 8:28 am

Most entrepreneur interviews I've taken in stress the importance of a business management course for the hustle.
So you don't fritter away your gains making ill advised decisions, nah.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » March 12th, 2018, 10:34 am

The_Honourable wrote:Once you become very good in something and you know you are good in it, you should want good pay.

not really eh. Yuo could want anything, it's what the consumer for your skill/product is willing to pay defines what you make.
& that depend's on how many ppl are in the same business as you, if they're as good as or better that you, what they charge as well as their location as opposed to yours, how much repeat & referred business you get & most importantly what the demand is for what you do within the current market.

desifemlove
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby desifemlove » March 12th, 2018, 5:05 pm

most people jus study sheit cos it free.

there needs to be a plan, and most do't have such. it's why there is a lot of underutilisation of education. and de POOene(ma) and youenzee contribute to dis sheit.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 12th, 2018, 6:08 pm

desifemlove wrote:most people jus study sheit cos it free.

there needs to be a plan, and most do't have such. it's why there is a lot of underutilisation of education. and de POOene(ma) and youenzee contribute to dis sheit.

Stop taking chit, you dont live in trini and our higher edcuation you still have to pay part for it. It not free

MobSpec
Ricer

Postby MobSpec » March 12th, 2018, 6:28 pm

Balance of both are key, you can only get so far on either one alone. Knowledge gained from the real world teaches more than any university if you open yourself to it. Accept failures and learn from it, remove self limitations, success can often be found just steps away from our greatest failures. Don't let systems govern your freedoms, you can only be as good as you believe you can be. Find your balance.....

toyolink
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby toyolink » March 12th, 2018, 7:03 pm

I believe the true pathway to success lies in pursuit of intellectual maturity whilst achieving sound professional capability.
In our circumstance far too many individuals seek professional qualifications but when placed in the 'real' world of work are incapable of adapting their knowledge and skills to fully self actualise and instead become demotivated and frustrated with their lot.
When I speak of intellectual maturity, what is being referred to is the ability to think scientifically, how to communicate effectively, how to manage ones emotions, how to develop a life philosophy and many more.
I have had the privilege of managing many individuals with the highest levels of academic qualifications/achievements and in too many instances was saddened by the fact that they just appeared lost and intimidated by the real world of work and quickly lost their way (signs of real disillusionment).
........After years of study etc. going to work just became a daily horror story to be endured to pay the loans.

The Paleontologist
18 pounds of Boost

Postby The Paleontologist » March 12th, 2018, 7:31 pm

Sapientia melior auro

A172
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby A172 » March 12th, 2018, 8:25 pm

philliprock wrote:i posted recently about budgeting, most of the responses was like more hustle mentality. clearly in 2018 we live in such times.
"never take advice on success from unsuccessful people"

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby car » March 12th, 2018, 8:50 pm

Nice read on this thread.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » March 12th, 2018, 8:58 pm

What exactly is the "rich side of life"?

racedriverpro
punchin NOS

Postby racedriverpro » March 12th, 2018, 8:59 pm

A172 wrote:
"never take advice on success from unsuccessful people"
Same with nearly everything in life....there is always someone in need of coaching.

GameOver
3NE 2NR for life

Postby GameOver » March 13th, 2018, 4:47 am

This thread has a lot of advice. But what works for one person may not work for another. For me, education was the key. I started out a normal 8-4, felt like I was going nowhere and decided to add the hustle. Worked in clubs at night, grew a garden, worked PH at night, flipped a couple cars, used my skybox to buy and resell... sigh, I still struggled. I just didn’t have the edge to succeed. At 35 I got my degree. Got my masters 2 Years later. At 40 I now have a job paying over 30k. Obviously not the all the details but I believe education AND the mentality to succeed is the real key. I am now very ready to re-enter the world of hustle to compliment my current income. Hopefully I can be more successful. My advice is do both... good luck op

urbandilema
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby urbandilema » March 13th, 2018, 5:02 am

GameOver wrote:This thread has a lot of advice. But what works for one person may not work for another. For me, education was the key. I started out a normal 8-4, felt like I was going nowhere and decided to add the hustle. Worked in clubs at night, grew a garden, worked PH at night, flipped a couple cars, used my skybox to buy and resell... sigh, I still struggled. I just didn’t have the edge to succeed. At 35 I got my degree. Got my masters 2 Years later. At 40 I now have a job paying over 30k. Obviously not the all the details but I believe education AND the mentality to succeed is the real key. I am now very ready to re-enter the world of hustle to compliment my current income. Hopefully I can be more successful. My advice is do both... good luck op
Nice advice and story

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » March 13th, 2018, 11:34 am

good story bro

higher education may not be for everybody but i say at least get 5 cxc subjects & make sure u can read & write properly ... common sense is a must

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”