TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Someone hit my new Honda Civic

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Re: Someone hit my new Honda Civic

Postby Kronik » December 23rd, 2017, 12:18 am

PariaMan wrote:Did this more than once .They made me sign a letter saying that I accept full responsibility for all repairs. Last time was last year. I got a quote from Toyota and received the check in my name

We did the same, got a parts quote from the firm and a repair quote from a garage that was high price, after they minus the excess etc, had enough to repaint the whole car with change and fix back the damaged parts because it was a real minor hit.

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » December 23rd, 2017, 12:33 am

Kronik wrote:
PariaMan wrote:Did this more than once .They made me sign a letter saying that I accept full responsibility for all repairs. Last time was last year. I got a quote from Toyota and received the check in my name

We did the same, got a parts quote from the firm and a repair quote from a garage that was high price, after they minus the excess etc, had enough to repaint the whole car with change and fix back the damaged parts because it was a real minor hit.

Yes and if they giving trouble say you cannot do without a vehicle and you will fix your vehicle immediately with your cash and wait to be refunded.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » January 12th, 2018, 9:18 pm

Update ... Tatil has confirmed that Sagicor has admitted liability over the phone. The excess has been waived and they now await that in writing. The rep said this should happen within a week. They will then put in the order with the body shop.

So no excess and no loss of the no claims discount.

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » January 12th, 2018, 9:47 pm

Good to hear

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » April 6th, 2018, 6:16 pm

Took them 3 months to get parts ... Terrible customer service from the body shop, they never have the info and they never call back. Car went to fix 3 weeks ago, they said it would be ready in 7 working days. On the 7th day they said they need another 9 working days. After the 9 working days they said they need another 5 working days.

Had to get the CEO of ANSA Motor group involved to get a courtesy car ... Was told I would have to wait a week for a courtesy car, after the week was up they said they still working on it. Threatened to pull my business from Tatil and told them I want my car back and I will be taking it to another body shop. Then the courtesy car arrives.

Only heard great things from ANSA customer service before this ... Now I see the light.

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby car » April 6th, 2018, 7:19 pm

drchaos wrote:Took them 3 months to get parts ... Terrible customer service from the body shop, they never have the info and they never call back. Car went to fix 3 weeks ago, they said it would be ready in 7 working days. On the 7th day they said they need another 9 working days. After the 9 working days they said they need another 5 working days.

Had to get the CEO of ANSA Motor group involved to get a courtesy car ... Was told I would have to wait a week for a courtesy car, after the week was up they said they still working on it. Threatened to pull my business from Tatil and told them I want my car back and I will be taking it to another body shop. Then the courtesy car arrives.

Only heard great things from ANSA customer service before this ... Now I see the light.

All of that dramas and you paying big money for fully comprehensive.
Tell me: if you was 3rd party would fixing your self be cheaper/faster/less frustration than now?

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » April 7th, 2018, 1:12 am

Cheaper? yes
Faster? No
Less frustration? Maybe

DJ Q
punchin NOS

Postby DJ Q » April 9th, 2018, 8:07 am

car wrote:
drchaos wrote:Took them 3 months to get parts ... Terrible customer service from the body shop, they never have the info and they never call back. Car went to fix 3 weeks ago, they said it would be ready in 7 working days. On the 7th day they said they need another 9 working days. After the 9 working days they said they need another 5 working days.

Tell me: if you was 3rd party would fixing your self be cheaper/faster/less frustration than now?

Trust me when I tell you it's less frustrating to be fully comprehensive with a reputable company.
Big companies like Colfire/Tatil/Guardian Life have the manpower, time and law enforcement necessary to get you what you need when you're in the right.
I had an incident where I was shafted when a car hit me and Capital refused to give me more than $2,500 for a $6,000 repair fee. That crap doesn't happen to big companies, since, unlike me, they have the time and money to get what they need.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » April 9th, 2018, 9:33 am

DJ Q wrote:
car wrote:

Trust me when I tell you it's less frustrating to be fully comprehensive with a reputable company.
Big companies like Colfire/Tatil/Guardian Life have the manpower, time and law enforcement necessary to get you what you need when you're in the right.
I had an incident where I was shafted when a car hit me and Capital refused to give me more than $2,500 for a $6,000 repair fee. That crap doesn't happen to big companies, since, unlike me, they have the time and money to get what they need.

Its not only this you have to consider ...

I bought my insurance directly from tatil, no outside agent was involved. It was cheaper than going through a agent, 40% cheaper than the quote that was sent from the agents I normally deal with in Guardian and Sagicor.
These Big companies still take their grandfather time to sort out your claim. If you bought from a reputable agent with alot of business from that firm they have the ability to speed up your claim.
They can threaten to pull their business or use their contacts in the firm to get things moving.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » April 10th, 2018, 5:49 pm

If it took that long for a Civic imagine the CRV? Just in case I didn't miss anything....is it that you were obligated to repair at their body shop based on the package you took? I'm thinking if people like Spann or Ventura were given the job, they would source parts all over even from Miami so as to get the car back on the road asap?

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » April 11th, 2018, 5:55 am

This is what's happening because the dealerships are not stocking any significant amount of parts. They are claiming forex problems and that they lose money by brining in parts that sometimes remain on the shelf for years and then they have to dispose of them when they become obsolete.

Most are telling you they have to wait three to four months because they are importing from their Asian suppliers and bringing the parts by ocean freight. A lot of parts are available from nearer markets like the caribbean and USA and can also be air- freighted ,but they are not doing that . What they should do ,is let people know this when they buying vehicles.

I bring in parts for a lot of the jobs we do for insurance companies in less than three weeks in most cases. Right now I have to import parts for two Mercedes Benz, two BMWs ,a new X Trail , a Subaru Legacy and an Audi ,all because none of the parts are available for three to four months. Owners are paying installments on vehicles they can't use ,and having to find alternative transportation while vehicles are sitting waiting for parts.

Beacon is setting up a procurement department to deal with this problem. Sourcing and importing parts is no major problem, but somehow , the owner is made to just sit and wait,when there are alternatives.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » April 11th, 2018, 7:17 am

agent007 wrote:If it took that long for a Civic imagine the CRV? Just in case I didn't miss anything....is it that you were obligated to repair at their body shop based on the package you took? I'm thinking if people like Spann or Ventura were given the job, they would source parts all over even from Miami so as to get the car back on the road asap?

Nah I am not obligated to repair with them ... After the experience with their poor customer service I called Gerard in Autobody works and was organizing to pull my car and repair with them. Gerard sourced the parts in the states and from other Honda dealers in the Caribbean and could have had the parts in 1 week. I figure Tatil got wind that I was going to switch when Gerard started calling Sagicor to pull my claim and called me to drop off the car immediately (claiming the parts were there). Thats why a 6-7 day repair ( Body shop, Tatil, Sagicor and adjuster agreed) is still in the shop 3 and 1/2 weeks later.

What I found was strange is that they none of the parts to repair the car in stock ... NONE. From discussions with my guy in Massy, he said when a dealer buys a car from the manufacturer they are obligated to purchase some of the body parts like doors and so on. It took them a year from originally getting the car to get the new Honda scan tool to diagnose the car.

Soo treat that CRV like if its made from fine china ... Any thing that gets hit or breaks you will be waiting months to get parts.

randolphinshan
Riding on 17's

Postby randolphinshan » April 11th, 2018, 10:34 am

Fcuk dem dealerships yea, roll on roll off all the MC way yea. Where there is Nissan Tiida there is Bamboo

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » April 11th, 2018, 3:46 pm

randolphinshan wrote:Fcuk dem dealerships yea, roll on roll off all the MC way yea. Where there is Nissan Tiida there is Bamboo
Where there is tiida there are people who like to borrow it without your permission... Never to return it

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » April 13th, 2018, 11:24 pm

Its now 4 weeks later from dropping off the car at ANSA body shop for a 6-7 day repair and the car is still not ready.

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » April 14th, 2018, 3:43 pm

Smh. I not able with that nah

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » April 19th, 2018, 11:47 pm

Finally got back the car ... They touched up the paint on two deep scratches for free, Work on the car was generally good with ANSA's body shop, problems? They broke 4 clips on the door rubber seals which they said they will be replacing tomorrow and the buffing was not perfect on the inner panels. They rolled out the red carpet when I showed up to collect, Mr Chanerdip (General Manager) met me himself and did'nt leave until the inspection was complete and he handed over the keys.

The courtesy car they gave me was a city non CNG ... No offense to anyone that owns one but compared to the civic ... What a sheit car, transmission was jumpy and unrefined, engine had some pep but the car is paper light, terrible interior quality, no space on the interior to put anything.

So this concludes my ordeal (hopefully) with ANSA MCAL ... Consider yourselves warned ..... Their service with the Civic seems fine but Tatil and Body shop was a whole different story.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » April 21st, 2018, 6:30 am

Normally people won’t document this kind of experience so that others may be more informed so I applaud you for doing this. We have experience with all the dealerships in the country (except Sterling as we never purchased a Benz brand new) and sad to say none are perfect. As was mentioned before, sometimes it’s better to go roro either through a dealer or self import. Considering dealerships in terms of service - they don’t know their arm from their elbow in many respects and it is discouraging to purchase a brand new vehicle going forward. Ultimately I’m glad you got through. Since you’re passionate about new vehicles like myself considering your contribution in my prices thread, what would be your next purchase if you wanted to change the vehicle?

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » April 25th, 2018, 8:43 am

agent007 wrote:Normally people won’t document this kind of experience so that others may be more informed so I applaud you for doing this. We have experience with all the dealerships in the country (except Sterling as we never purchased a Benz brand new) and sad to say none are perfect. As was mentioned before, sometimes it’s better to go roro either through a dealer or self import. Considering dealerships in terms of service - they don’t know their arm from their elbow in many respects and it is discouraging to purchase a brand new vehicle going forward. Ultimately I’m glad you got through. Since you’re passionate about new vehicles like myself considering your contribution in my prices thread, what would be your next purchase if you wanted to change the vehicle?

No probs!
That's a really hard question! Wife wants an SUV ... So probably a Tucson or a CRV. If it were up to me I need a car with some pep in its step so I would put that money towards WRX.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » April 25th, 2018, 10:23 pm

Currently the Tucson Turbo awd fully loaded with sunroof and 19" rims is $310k a whole 100k cheaper than the awd turbo CRV. Now that's a welcome and strange bargain.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » April 26th, 2018, 10:19 pm

They probably getting rid of stock for the new facelift. Heard rumors that it will be coming with a new infotainment system with Apple car play and android auto.

SLVR1
Sweet on this forum

Postby SLVR1 » May 14th, 2018, 1:36 pm

The CR-V is still a better vehicle fit and finish in my view vs the Tucson but boils down to one's pocket. I have had excellent reliability with 1.8l Civic that turns 10 this year. I am looking at the CR-V as a replacement. Yes, service sucks big time at CM but choice wise I will go through the dealership for support such as airbag and other recalls that the F.Used market does not/will not cover and that is a safety risk in my view. Don't think recalls do not occur since both cars I bought new from CM had recalls. Once the warranty is up, I will service on my own since dealership servicing is highly overrated and many basic things are overlooked.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » May 14th, 2018, 7:49 pm

SLVR1 wrote:The CR-V is still a better vehicle fit and finish in my view vs the Tucson but boils down to one's pocket. I have had excellent reliability with 1.8l Civic that turns 10 this year. I am looking at the CR-V as a replacement. Yes, service sucks big time at CM but choice wise I will go through the dealership for support such as airbag and other recalls that the F.Used market does not/will not cover and that is a safety risk in my view. Don't think recalls do not occur since both cars I bought new from CM had recalls. Once the warranty is up, I will service on my own since dealership servicing is highly overrated and many basic things are overlooked.

I find the fit and finish of these newer Honda's are not as good as the older models ... The Thai made models that we get now don't feel as well built as before. JDM spec or Japanese build quality is better that thai made.

The Hyundais are built in korea and their fit and finish seem to be more in-line with the japanese built vehicles.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » May 16th, 2018, 7:30 pm

We have both and drchaos summed it up. The build quality is better in the Tucson but the drive experience of the Honda is better.

SLVR1
Sweet on this forum

Postby SLVR1 » May 19th, 2018, 6:16 am

Always good to get other's views. Thanks.

lalloboy101
Sweet on this forum

Postby lalloboy101 » May 23rd, 2018, 7:35 am

Had the Tucson FL AWD model close to 2 months now, my short term review so far, The fuel economy is great. I use premium ,takes about $150 to full up from 1/2 tank.
Ride quality is great, I thought it would have been harsher with the low profile 19's but it's good.
Seats are comfortable for those weekend long drives, sound system is ok, not great but ok. Blind spot detection works excellent, handsfree trunk works great for when hands are full of groceries as well.
One thing I don't like, is that you get an occasional rattle, I suspect its from the seatbelts but I cant be sure.
Other than that, I have no complaints.
Question for you guys, who would you recommend for GPS tracking?, I'm interested in getting one of this.
Thanks

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » May 24th, 2018, 11:12 am

lalloboy101 wrote:Had the Tucson FL AWD model close to 2 months now, my short term review so far, The fuel economy is great. I use premium ,takes about $150 to full up from 1/2 tank.
Ride quality is great, I thought it would have been harsher with the low profile 19's but it's good.
Seats are comfortable for those weekend long drives, sound system is ok, not great but ok. Blind spot detection works excellent, handsfree trunk works great for when hands are full of groceries as well.
One thing I don't like, is that you get an occasional rattle, I suspect its from the seatbelts but I cant be sure.
Other than that, I have no complaints.
Question for you guys, who would you recommend for GPS tracking?, I'm interested in getting one of this.
Thanks
How much kms you get for half tank

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”