Projector Headlight Issue

Tuning advice, problems and troubleshooting

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Re: Projector Headlight Issue

Postby skylinechild » May 13th, 2018, 1:25 pm

Zee wrote:Hey guys,

My Bug Eye has aftermarket projector headlamps.

My issue is I cannot get it to focus properly. It’s aimed to the sky literally. Can this be corrected manually?

I tried the adjuster at the back of the lights and nothing happened.

Wondering if anything else can work

Thanks!

you sure the light not installed up side down ?? :lol:

what brand of projector lights do you have on now.??

some aftermarket lights have two ( or more) adjustment screws on it and you have to adjust on low beams first then on high beams.

try removing the light from the car to familiarize yourself with the adjustment screw(s) and adjust it out of the car...so a simple test fit with masking tape ( no road driving test plz)

sit in car and toggle between high beams and low beams - observe the light pattern and direction and work from there.

if you still not getting any results with the adjustment screws - the internal adjustment mechanism may be broken

it is also universally understood but i'll say it anyways.... ensure the left light is installed on the left side and vice versa.

ary1
Street 2NR

Postby ary1 » May 19th, 2018, 4:33 pm

Zee wrote:Hey bro,

Thanks for the reply. See below:

you sure the light not installed up side down ?? -> LOL! Nah, it's properly installed

what brand of projector lights do you have on now.?? -> Spec D Tuning Black with dual halos

some aftermarket lights have two ( or more) adjustment screws on it and you have to adjust on low beams first then on high beams. -> This one has the two screws

try removing the light from the car to familiarize yourself with the adjustment screw(s) and adjust it out of the car...so a simple test fit with masking tape ( no road driving test plz) -> I did this

sit in car and toggle between high beams and low beams - observe the light pattern and direction and work from there. -> Also part of the trial I had

if you still not getting any results with the adjustment screws - the internal adjustment mechanism may be broken -> I assume this may be the case

it is also universally understood but i'll say it anyways.... ensure the left light is installed on the left side and vice versa. -> HAHA! It can only fit one way. So I know its on right
Check triniretrofits . Im sure they will set you correct.

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » May 19th, 2018, 9:29 pm

Zee wrote:
ary1 wrote:
Zee wrote:Hey bro,

Thanks for the reply. See below:

you sure the light not installed up side down ?? -> LOL! Nah, it's properly installed

what brand of projector lights do you have on now.?? -> Spec D Tuning Black with dual halos

some aftermarket lights have two ( or more) adjustment screws on it and you have to adjust on low beams first then on high beams. -> This one has the two screws

try removing the light from the car to familiarize yourself with the adjustment screw(s) and adjust it out of the car...so a simple test fit with masking tape ( no road driving test plz) -> I did this

sit in car and toggle between high beams and low beams - observe the light pattern and direction and work from there. -> Also part of the trial I had

if you still not getting any results with the adjustment screws - the internal adjustment mechanism may be broken -> I assume this may be the case

it is also universally understood but i'll say it anyways.... ensure the left light is installed on the left side and vice versa. -> HAHA! It can only fit one way. So I know its on right
Check triniretrofits . Im sure they will set you correct.

Where are they at?

Check on Facebook i think they're in st Augustine

black start
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby black start » May 19th, 2018, 9:51 pm

Yup trini retrofits will sort you out

Advertisement

Return to “AUTOMOTIVE TECH”