TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Considering buying a TIIDA but not sold on the looks/aesthetics

Sunny to Skyline - SR20, CA18, RB20-26, VG30 etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » May 19th, 2018, 1:51 pm

Hmm I found some pics but very very few of them with modified TIIDA

This one looks really good I wonder what he do to make this look so good this looks way better than all the stock TIIDAs which looks really ugly IMO

I want a car where parts cheap and easy to find is either a Almera or TIIDA

I might use it mainly for Taxi work but dunno if lowering the car is a good idea

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Considering buying a TIIDA but not sold on the looks/aesthetics

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » May 19th, 2018, 1:59 pm

^ can't wrap my head around how good that man TIIDA looks and yet when I look on Trini cars for sale for TIIDAs they look NOTHING like that. very ugly in comparison, this man really just drop the thing and put in some rims and it make such a big difference? or is camera angle or something?

Sundar
Riding on 17's

Postby Sundar » May 19th, 2018, 2:05 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:^ can't wrap my head around how good that man TIIDA looks and yet when I look on Trini cars for sale for TIIDAs they look NOTHING like that. very ugly in comparison, this man really just drop the thing and put in some rims and it make such a big difference? or is camera angle or something?

Could be the body kit....
Look up tiida impul I think it had a post on tuner.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » May 19th, 2018, 5:47 pm

So this model he has is a impul? I don't think that is a body kit he has on there, maybe he paint the bumper black and grill white and same with lights and gave it that effect by dropping it low?

I wonder hmmm but this seems to be the impul version wonder if you could make a regular tiida look like the impul?

Sundar
Riding on 17's

Postby Sundar » May 19th, 2018, 6:11 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:So this model he has is a impul? I don't think that is a body kit he has on there, maybe he paint the bumper black and grill white and same with lights and gave it that effect by dropping it low?

I wonder hmmm but this seems to be the impul version wonder if you could make a regular tiida look like the impul?

Just buy the kit and install? That supercharged engine though

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » May 19th, 2018, 8:36 pm

by chance does the TIIDA and Almera use the same Engine?

Small light Almera offcourse

Sundar
Riding on 17's

Postby Sundar » May 19th, 2018, 8:53 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:by chance does the TIIDA and Almera use the same Engine?

Small light Almera offcourse

Umm hell no. Almera uses qg engines and tiida use the hr engines. Bro do some research.

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » May 19th, 2018, 9:26 pm

^^ no need to be so harsh.

ED if you could find a mint Almera that would be my choice.

What's your budget? I guessing 40-45k?

Sundar
Riding on 17's

Postby Sundar » May 19th, 2018, 9:30 pm

nick639v2 wrote:^^ no need to be so harsh.

ED if you could find a mint Almera that would be my choice.

What's your budget? I guessing 40-45k?

No at least do some research then come ask questions. This is Trini tuner come on man.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » May 19th, 2018, 9:34 pm

FYI: i overheard my mechanic telling a customer with a 1 owner 12year old h100 that he loves tiidas and almeras. They keep him employed.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » May 19th, 2018, 10:49 pm

Impul tiida or walk.
Axio gt is another strong contender

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » May 20th, 2018, 12:31 am

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:So this model he has is a impul? I don't think that is a body kit he has on there, maybe he paint the bumper black and grill white and same with lights and gave it that effect by dropping it low?

this is what the impul Tiida looks like.... the REAL macoy

YES you can make a "regular" tiida look like an impul but theres alot different between the two

for example....

1.IMPUL HI-POWER CONTROL UNIT
[ For HR15DE engine ]

Note: Premium gasoline designated

2.IMPUL EXTRA POWER KIT
for MR18DE Engine

for HR15DE Engine

The EXTRA POWER KIT generates more power and produces unparalleled responsiveness. The device consists of IMPUL Hi Power Control Unit and big throttle valves. It provides the performance boost of IMPUL Hi Power Control Unit while allowing you to use regular gasoline. Needless to say, using premium gasoline for EXTRA POWER KIT can bring out more power. If a car has already been equipped with IMPUL Hi Power Control Unit, you can still boost the performance by adding the throttle valves.

Contents:
- IMPUL POWER THROTTLE VALVE
- IMPUL HI POWER CONTROL UNIT designed for EXTRA POWER KIT

Selectable between Regular Gasoline or Premium Gasoline except for that your car is limited use for Premium gasoline.

3. RIMS
IMPUL New Super Cast process allowed high quality, high accuracy and 20 to 30% weight saving by comparison with genuine wheels made by existing manufacturing process. This improved not only accelerating, braking and cornering performance because of lightness in weight below spring, but improved also stiffness and durability which are often highlighted when it comes to sport wheels.

4.IMPUL SUPER SHOCK TYPE 1
Front SAF-51
Rear SAR-51
Damping force stationary type

5.IMPUL SPORT COIL SPRING

- Lowers front of vehicle by 25mm, rear 20mm

[ For C11 TIIDA 2WD models ]

6.IMPUL BRAKE SYSTEM
Caliper : 6 piston
Rotor size : φ282 X 21mm

Compatible wheel: AURA SX-10 16 inch, NS-GT?16/17inch.
[ For C11 TIIDA Front ]

7. IMPUL DATA G( BRAKE PAD / SHOE)

8.IMPUL BLAST II MUFFLER
- Luxury polish finish

- All stainless

- Etched IMPUL logo

- JASMA approval

bear in mind if you want to convert a regular tiida to impul you gonna need the body parts plus all the above parts PLUS the supercharger - regular tiidas dont come with it....and the catalog doesnt have it for sale- in addition you'll also have to get the impul / nismo interior as well as other unique goodies.....steering wheel.....strut tower bar.....etc etc

if you really considering a tiida... i will suggest the regular tiida.....and get the rear disc brake setup for it.
fun fact : the impul tiida has drum brakes in the rear...... but the uk spec tiida has disc.

get regular tiida......install rear wheel disc brake assembly - if u cud find it - no need to get a p11 banjo and do ratch........ install coil overs and your impul grill......stainless steel braided brake hose all around......and the regular strut tower bars.....and be happy.

rear wheel disc brake assembly >>> http://japancars.ru/index.php?route=cat ... blk_id=441

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » May 20th, 2018, 8:01 am

^ Thanks skylinechild that was a nice post!!!! but I won't need the performance parts etc I just want the TIIDA to look nice like the impul is all.

@nick639v2

Yeah Almera small lights is also on my list but wanted to get a car where parts would be cheap and easy to find in up to 10 years from now, was planning on using this car for Taxi Work. I know Almera parts cheap now and they look beautiful and can be modded easily for styling but not sure how it would hold out in the long run for parts when compared to TIIDA

Was also told TIIDA burns less gas with AC on than the Almera

I should have the full amount of money by the end of the year so was doing a lil research on it all now so. But yeah wanna work for myself soon doing my taxi gig.

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » May 20th, 2018, 1:14 pm

The tiida hr15 is def easier on gas than a qg16 almera from what i experienced.

And well we had a tiida in the family 240k kms and going strong, was bought f/used with 25l on odo.

Bone stock except for 16" rims because they were just laying around home.

with usual tune ups and fluid changes in ample time it was reliable.
i believe so far was 2 set of shocks, 3 sets of brake pads. Rack end and mount rubbers about 3 times as well...The AC blower motor did fail, easy replacement. Used np oil, ngk plugs, original nissan tranny fluid, honda coolant (i like it cuz its blue lol). We do follow preventative maintenance, 5-7000 km service interval and then suspension check ups whenever we hear a lil noise

Just take ure time because at high speeds it's a bit squirrelly,choose your rims and tyres carefully.

ramishrrr
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby ramishrrr » May 20th, 2018, 4:56 pm

De marn have Champagne taste, buh Chubby money in e pocket !
Peace.
RR.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » May 20th, 2018, 5:27 pm

nick639v2 wrote:The tiida hr15 is def easier on gas than a qg16 almera from what i experienced.

And well we had a tiida in the family 240k kms and going strong, was bought f/used with 25l on odo.

Bone stock except for 16" rims because they were just laying around home.

with usual tune ups and fluid changes in ample time it was reliable.
i believe so far was 2 set of shocks, 3 sets of brake pads. Rack end and mount rubbers about 3 times as well...The AC blower motor did fail, easy replacement. Used np oil, ngk plugs, original nissan tranny fluid, honda coolant (i like it cuz its blue lol). We do follow preventative maintenance, 5-7000 km service interval and then suspension check ups whenever we hear a lil noise

Just take ure time because at high speeds it's a bit squirrelly,choose your rims and tyres carefully.

Thanks a lot I feel is best I save up more and buy the TIIDA, I wanna run as a Taxi with AC on so looks like the TIIDA is the better bet.

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » May 20th, 2018, 10:58 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:^ Thanks skylinechild that was a nice post!!!! but I won't need the performance parts etc I just want the TIIDA to look nice like the impul is all.

@nick639v2

Yeah Almera small lights is also on my list but wanted to get a car where parts would be cheap and easy to find in up to 10 years from now, was planning on using this car for Taxi Work. I know Almera parts cheap now and they look beautiful and can be modded easily for styling but not sure how it would hold out in the long run for parts when compared to TIIDA

I should have the full amount of money by the end of the year so was doing a lil research on it all now so. But yeah wanna work for myself soon doing my taxi gig.

so just to clarify..... you want the LOOK of the impul...but not the performance??? :lol: :lol:

dude. it have a word for that..... its called rice..... looking fast but slow no fork.....

you cud get rice down hondas cheaply for even 1/2 the cost of a regular tiida..... :lol:

but anyway your $$ i guess.....

buy your regular tiida and be happy i guess....

why not take a look at the g11 sylphy...??

.same suspension...same engine...alot more room interior....same parts soo maintenance will be easy.....

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » May 21st, 2018, 9:06 pm

^ looks like a decent car but I bet the TIIDA is better on gas mileage.

Anyways I also considering the Almera and possibly possibly a B14 depending on how available the parts are and will be in the coming years, my guess is you will always get parts for it since Nissan is poor man car. But TIIDA is the new King, parts in drug store and thing for $100 with Ramsaran peanut Punch with the change.

14 eh King no more :(

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » May 21st, 2018, 9:21 pm

You want that look and to work taxi? A drop low car to work taxi, what about the coconut transport?

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » May 21st, 2018, 9:57 pm

skylinechild wrote:
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:^ Thanks skylinechild that was a nice post!!!! but I won't need the performance parts etc I just want the TIIDA to look nice like the impul is all.

@nick639v2

so just to clarify..... you want the LOOK of the impul...but not the performance???

dude. it have a word for that..... its called rice..... looking fast but slow no fork.....

you cud get rice down hondas cheaply for even 1/2 the cost of a regular tiida.....

.same suspension...same engine...alot more room interior....same parts soo maintenance will be easy.....
Make no mistake with honda.
Have some very nice honda builds out and about.

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » May 21st, 2018, 10:01 pm

nervewrecker wrote:
skylinechild wrote:

@nick639v2

so just to clarify..... you want the LOOK of the impul...but not the performance???

you cud get rice down hondas cheaply for even 1/2 the cost of a regular tiida.....

Make no mistake with honda.
Have some very nice honda builds out and about.

VERY TRUE hondas are prettt dam reliable and built well.. we had an eg8 and still a rd4 and ek3

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » May 21st, 2018, 10:03 pm

matix wrote:You want that look and to work taxi? A drop low car to work taxi, what about the coconut transport?

Yeah was probably going to buy ah old pickup for that but the trees still 3 to 4 years away from bearing. You right though that drop low might fail for taxi wuk lol

How B14 parts going these days though? and what of the possibility on a CNG B14 conversion and price? or an Almera CNG conversion and price? is the lower cost of CNG worth it for the conversion?

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » May 22nd, 2018, 5:33 am

Dumore in south oropouche does cng installs. Have a few vehicles for sale as well, not sure if any selling with the cng kit.

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » May 22nd, 2018, 6:47 am

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:
matix wrote:You want that look and to work taxi? A drop low car to work taxi, what about the coconut transport?

Yeah was probably going to buy ah old pickup for that but the trees still 3 to 4 years away from bearing. You right though that drop low might fail for taxi wuk lol

How B14 parts going these days though? and what of the possibility on a CNG B14 conversion and price? or an Almera CNG conversion and price? is the lower cost of CNG worth it for the conversion?

cng install on a GA seeries engine thats over 20+ yrs old is failure.

on a regular 20+ yr old engine the interior parts already worn ...seals brittle and engine probably needs a complete overhaul with new everything....thats costs alot....and you want to bolt on a cng kit onto an old engine.... yuh asking for trouble there....

stick to your tiida or the g11 sylphy....

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Musical Doc » May 24th, 2018, 11:51 am

Original Tiida parts expensive and aftermarket parts don't last long in my experience so far. Have my tiida 6 yrs now and I try my best where possible to buy genuine nissan parts after getting problems with aftermarket parts. Imo the older nissan cars are more sturdy. Nissan buying over Renault and merging it into their business was the worst thing they could've done.

Sundar
Riding on 17's

Postby Sundar » May 24th, 2018, 12:24 pm

Musical Doc wrote:Original Tiida parts expensive and aftermarket parts don't last long in my experience so far. Have my tiida 6 yrs now and I try my best where possible to buy genuine nissan parts after getting problems with aftermarket parts. Imo the older nissan cars are more sturdy. Nissan buying over Renault and merging it into their business was the worst thing they could've done.

Same thing I've been saying. But everyone only telling me time to sell.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » May 24th, 2018, 3:34 pm

Y12 here. Suspension not holding up to TNT roads.
Y11 is the shiz.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » May 24th, 2018, 8:02 pm

Musical Doc wrote:Original Tiida parts expensive and aftermarket parts don't last long in my experience so far. Have my tiida 6 yrs now and I try my best where possible to buy genuine nissan parts after getting problems with aftermarket parts. Imo the older nissan cars are more sturdy. Nissan buying over Renault and merging it into their business was the worst thing they could've done.

ooh I see

So Almera or B14 is still a boss buy then?

Tell me how B14 parts are these days. I do feel like a Super Saloon Almera with some nice rims might be the real flick for Taxi work. I might even be able to drop it a little bit aswell.

Advertisement

Return to “NISSAN”