Suzuki Ciaz/Baleno opinions

Everything Suzuki - Swift GTi and Ignis Sport to Grand Vitara and XL7

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

jumpkickjoe
3NE 2NR for life

Suzuki Ciaz/Baleno opinions

Postby jumpkickjoe » February 2nd, 2017, 3:48 pm

Good day,

Any ciaz or baleno owners here? Looking to find out if either vehicle is worth considering for purchase.

Big Z
30 pounds of Boost
Location: 734-7669 Amsoil, Chevron, Redline, Fuel Injector Cleaning

Re: Suzuki Ciaz/Baleno opinions

Postby Big Z » February 2nd, 2017, 10:33 pm

jumpkickjoe wrote:Good day,

Any ciaz or baleno owners here? Looking to find out if either vehicle is worth considering for purchase.

Ciaz made in India. Avoid like the plague.
If Baleno is made in Japan, she will serve you fine.

forgeniebob
Ricer

Postby forgeniebob » February 3rd, 2017, 6:52 am

They stop the L300 from here bringing a Chinese van now and what making worse the still want big price

jumpkickjoe
3NE 2NR for life

Re: RE: Re: Suzuki Ciaz/Baleno opinions

Postby jumpkickjoe » February 3rd, 2017, 9:32 am

Big Z wrote:
jumpkickjoe wrote:Good day,

Ciaz made in India. Avoid like the plague.
If Baleno is made in Japan, she will serve you fine.

Aight thanks for the advice.... Guess that's why I'm hardly seeing any on the road... Will try to find out about the baleno as both models run around the same price fully loaded

Street 2NR

Postby Newbie » April 19th, 2017, 8:48 am

I have a ciaz about 7 months now. Yes it's made in india.
So far I haven't had any issues with the car and the car makes regular trips from south to northeast.
The gas mileage is really good. It's a 1.4 so don't expect any stellar acceleration when over taking but it's pretty quick.
The interior is huge as well as the trunk. The handling is pretty good, it doesn't roll into corners, it feels confident with quick direction changes.
The ride could be a bit softer but it's not bad, if it were i think it may not handle as well as it does.
Backup camera is good, Bluetooth radio is good as well, push to start and keyless entry are nice features.
The road noise is loud for my liking, but it's a cheap car so i don't mind, and after a while you'll get use to it.
Wind noise at highway speeds is reasonable...quiet but reasonable.
Pretty easy to clean, not much tiny crevices.
All in all its a good car for the money if your're main concern is gas mileage and as of now I don't have any issues with it.
I chose this over the honda city, ford fiesta, vw polo and hyundai accent. because for the price and features compared to the others it was a good deal.
As for experience with the Suzuki brand, this is my first Suzuki vehicle and so far the experience is good, as well as at the dealership for service.

jumpkickjoe
3NE 2NR for life

Postby jumpkickjoe » April 25th, 2017, 9:41 pm

Ended up purchasing the baleno, still getting a feel for it. So far I experienced the same issue with road noise here, suspension is stiffer so you feel the bumps especially as a back seat passenger. It is ridiculously spacious as I have ample leg room behind the driver seat when it is fixed to my position. The trunk is really deep as well. No issues throwing an average person in the back (climbed in myself) still waiting to empty the tank to get a feel for how much miles I can get from it average.

slim1005
Riding on 13's

Postby slim1005 » April 29th, 2017, 12:14 am

jumpkickjoe wrote:Ended up purchasing the baleno, still getting a feel for it. So far I experienced the same issue with road noise here, suspension is stiffer so you feel the bumps especially as a back seat passenger. It is ridiculously spacious as I have ample leg room behind the driver seat when it is fixed to my position. The trunk is really deep as well. No issues throwing an average person in the back (climbed in myself) still waiting to empty the tank to get a feel for how much miles I can get from it average.

Yes please keep this thread updated on your experience with the car, because I am also stuck in the same predicament over which car to choose.
Also how was the service at lifestyle motors.
Thank you.

jumpkickjoe
3NE 2NR for life

Postby jumpkickjoe » May 1st, 2017, 1:27 pm

Good day folks. So far so good. Filled up twice at quarter with $60 super and nearly got a full tank. Haven't gotten serviced yet. Sometime this month I expect. The ground clearance of this vehicle is great for a hatchback/ super mini. Fully loaded with close to 1000 pounds of human in the vehicle and speed bumps are not an issue at all. Pulling nice over the hills and back but the pro/con of the stiffer suspension in the back is that it takes loads well but damn you feel when you hit a hole. Like if I was on 20's. That sharp BAP like shocks gone through. One other nice feature is that some parts of the vehicle like the spark plugs have a qr code sticker on them that you can scan with your phone and show you replacement parts on the Web. Also some parts of the interior feel rather cheap. The cloth material on the door where you normally rest your elbow feels very harsh. They could've gone with a better material there.

Big Z
30 pounds of Boost
Location: 734-7669 Amsoil, Chevron, Redline, Fuel Injector Cleaning

Postby Big Z » May 1st, 2017, 2:08 pm

Thanks for the review. The 2010 to 2017 swift was a bit too soft, so they probably went a bit too hard with the baleno shocks. Should soften out in a bit.

jumpkickjoe
3NE 2NR for life

Postby jumpkickjoe » May 5th, 2017, 2:36 pm

Latest update folks: got 374km out of last tank before the fuel light came on. Pretty sure I could get 400+ from it.
Went to service today. Reached around 8:30 and left after 11. The clerks were very courteous and professional. 1st service is free alongside with full interior /exterior cleaning. If you really need the wash, take it otherwise go and get it done elsewhere. Save your $40.
Your mileage could vary somewhat before bringing it in as I went in at 1194km.
The servicing was basically a top up of all fluids and I let them check the wheel balance also. Getting a vibration around 120-140 kph on the highway. Haven't gotten chance to check out of it's still there yet.

Street 2NR

Postby Newbie » June 7th, 2017, 9:50 am

My experience with service so far has been great, but I've only done service at the south branch, and I get there very early before they open.
On average it takes 2 and 1/2 hours with a car wash.
The cost for service in my opinion is reasonable I'd say. (under $900 for regular fluid change, oil filter and the necessary)
Overall I'm very satisfied with the service.

aidan
30 pounds of Boost

Postby aidan » June 9th, 2017, 3:31 pm

Thanks for the updates on the baleno. Considering one at the moment as well. The old balenos were very strong,I hope these are the same

keyautopro
Riding on 13's

Postby keyautopro » March 3rd, 2018, 8:31 am

Hi guys. I am looking for an engine for the Ciaz K14B.

Street 2NR

Postby Newbie » May 16th, 2018, 5:30 am

keyautopro wrote:Hi guys. I am looking for an engine for the Ciaz K14B.

You may need to get it from another model vehicle an older vehicle like the 2010 swift.

What happened to your engine?

OPERATORJOE
Street 2NR

Postby OPERATORJOE » July 7th, 2018, 3:34 pm

Anyone has updates on thier ciaz /Baleno so far looking at either one

jumpkickjoe
3NE 2NR for life

Postby jumpkickjoe » July 10th, 2018, 12:31 am

The baleno is great with space. Road noise is tolerable, suspension isn't for backseat passengers, economy is decent.

OPERATORJOE
Street 2NR

Postby OPERATORJOE » July 12th, 2018, 4:33 am

Ok, would it be preferred over the ciaz.. I'm looking at reliability in the long term

jumpkickjoe
3NE 2NR for life

Postby jumpkickjoe » July 14th, 2018, 10:04 am

I don't know how it compares to the ciaz....... Hopefully someone with one can give their opinion

Advertisement

Return to “SUZUKI”