Forums

Digicel Internet Thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

snow7940
Street 2NR

Re: Digicel Internet Thread

Postby snow7940 » March 16th, 2018, 10:27 am

snow7940 wrote:Is digicel trottling Netflix I’m only getting 20mbps on fast speed test

Never mind my r7000 is the problem

mckenzie
Riding on 13's

Postby mckenzie » May 21st, 2018, 6:28 am

is it ok to use the Ethernet cable from the cable box on my pc for net? moving pc and dont wanna run cable again.

fred1266
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby fred1266 » May 21st, 2018, 9:53 pm

mckenzie wrote:is it ok to use the Ethernet cable from the cable box on my pc for net? moving pc and dont wanna run cable again.

what u mean plug into pc from box ?l

mckenzie
Riding on 13's

Postby mckenzie » May 22nd, 2018, 10:47 am

fred1266 wrote:
mckenzie wrote:is it ok to use the Ethernet cable from the cable box on my pc for net? moving pc and dont wanna run cable again.

i meant the Ethernet cable that plugs into the cable box.
is it the same line connection as the internet?
can i substitute between the one plugged into the cable box and the one plugged on pc?

fred1266
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby fred1266 » May 22nd, 2018, 4:17 pm

yea it should work fine

SnipeR
Trinituner Peong

Postby SnipeR » May 23rd, 2018, 7:31 am

mckenzie wrote:
fred1266 wrote:

i meant the Ethernet cable that plugs into the cable box.
is it the same line connection as the internet?
can i substitute between the one plugged into the cable box and the one plugged on pc?

Yes you can. I put a switch on that line and hardwired PS4, HTPC and the Digicel cable box itself.

felix
Street 2NR

Postby felix » May 31st, 2018, 9:35 am

is digicel router any good or do will i need an after market router to support my devices

mamoo_pagal
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby mamoo_pagal » June 18th, 2018, 1:04 pm

hey has anyone had any success setting up a VPN on their Digicel router?

R-H-D
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby R-H-D » June 20th, 2018, 12:35 pm

Digicel internet is real poops horrid service disconnects at least 7 times daily and let me not mention their customer service.

masterkyle
3NE 2NR for life

Postby masterkyle » June 26th, 2018, 12:10 am

Can any one who plays Fortnite on ps4 let me know their average ping.

Vinnny
Street 2NR

Postby Vinnny » June 27th, 2018, 11:22 am

masterkyle wrote:Can any one who plays Fortnite on ps4 let me know their average ping.

Getting 63ms to US East currently.

digicelsux
Riding on 13's

Postby digicelsux » July 14th, 2018, 1:02 am

R-H-D wrote:Digicel internet is real poops horrid service disconnects at least 7 times daily and let me not mention their customer service.

I also have this problem. Every time I call customer care, they always say that the internet connection is fine.

DevBaptiste
Riding on 13's

Postby DevBaptiste » July 21st, 2018, 6:30 pm

New internet packages on site

40MB/40MB
75MB/75MB
100MB/100MB

IMG_6448.JPG

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » July 22nd, 2018, 8:32 am

So the price gone up? I thought digicel internet was $200 a month?

BTW do they have any package where you get both LTE and Fibre together for a reduced price? instead of having to purchase both separate ?

dean_spleen09
Riding on 17's

Postby dean_spleen09 » July 22nd, 2018, 9:53 am

:\

DevBaptiste
Riding on 13's

Postby DevBaptiste » July 22nd, 2018, 11:32 am

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:So the price gone up? I thought digicel internet was $200 a month?

BTW do they have any package where you get both LTE and Fibre together for a reduced price? instead of having to purchase both separate ?

The $200 starting price changed a while now but seems like they want to creep up the prices more but give you matching upload speeds. The website probably not fully updated because I'm not seeing their 240MB and 350MB options.

They don't have a combined LTE mobile and broadband package.

dean_spleen09
Riding on 17's

Postby dean_spleen09 » July 22nd, 2018, 7:31 pm

that 75/75 should have been $300
your move flow.....

Bosse
Street 2NR

Postby Bosse » August 19th, 2018, 11:00 am

Fellas anybody know how to do port forwarding on Digi router?

Am trying to hook up my Dvr to view remotely but Digi router is not as simple as Flows own.

Any help would be appreciated

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » August 19th, 2018, 11:21 am

DevBaptiste wrote:New internet packages on site

40MB/40MB
75MB/75MB
100MB/100MB

IMG_6448.JPG
That price is a few dollars more than Flow's 40mb price. How Digicel expect to pull customers with such a pricing scheme?

novastar1
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby novastar1 » October 8th, 2018, 7:10 am

Much cheaper than amplia Internet now...
How is their actual speed in use and reliability?

So they allow port forwarding?

Feeling too switch

QuietGiant
3NE 2NR for life

Postby QuietGiant » October 15th, 2018, 4:08 pm

Anybody else having this problem? I have the digiplay basic package - tv box working well, phone working well, internet works well too - but only during the day. For the past 3 nights now [between 2am-5am] only a blank google page and youtube works, every other site says 'connecting' but fails to load yet the internet says connected/full signal.
I unplug everything, reset router, reboot, etc. and got the same problem. As soon as around 7am reach it works perfectly as if nothing ever happen. Apparently nothing was wrong with my computer or it's connections because it working normal at this moment.

This happening to anyone else?

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » October 15th, 2018, 4:19 pm

The curse of growing customer base.

Just like all others, service started out great but after a while they are now the same as the rest of ISPs.

infinite_RPM
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby infinite_RPM » October 15th, 2018, 4:43 pm

QuietGiant wrote:Anybody else having this problem? I have the digiplay basic package - tv box working well, phone working well, internet works well too - but only during the day. For the past 3 nights now [between 2am-5am] only a blank google page and youtube works, every other site says 'connecting' but fails to load yet the internet says connected/full signal.
I unplug everything, reset router, reboot, etc. and got the same problem. As soon as around 7am reach it works perfectly as if nothing ever happen. Apparently nothing was wrong with my computer or it's connections because it working normal at this moment.

This been happening to me. In the sando area about about a week now.. it'll go anywhere between 2-5am and be back 7.. every single day.. only YouTube works in that time period.. it's been fine since we got digicel when it now came out till now..

fokhan_96
Riding on 17's

Postby fokhan_96 » October 15th, 2018, 6:33 pm

QuietGiant wrote:Anybody else having this problem? I have the digiplay basic package - tv box working well, phone working well, internet works well too - but only during the day. For the past 3 nights now [between 2am-5am] only a blank google page and youtube works, every other site says 'connecting' but fails to load yet the internet says connected/full signal.

That's probably real frustrating, 3 days in a row ...

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » October 15th, 2018, 9:29 pm

infinite_RPM wrote:

This been happening to me. In the sando area about about a week now.. it'll go anywhere between 2-5am and be back 7.. every single day.. only YouTube works in that time period.. it's been fine since we got digicel when it now came out till now..
This happened to me one day last week, only YouTube on the computer working, not the app on the phone, nothing else, no other website and torrents wasn't downloading

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » October 16th, 2018, 12:55 am

same symptoms over here in freeport...
it dropped off.... connection says its connected to the internet.....

only thing is on my end not even you tube works....google....msn.... youtube....nothing..
my connection goes like this >> digicel router >>>>>then my own router >>>> then my pc's etc

thought it was my router...powered it down.... when i connect the cable directly to the digicel router youtoube works ..i didnt try any other site to confirm if its down or not...

hooked bk up my router..... nothing...

thought it was a DNS issue - inputted google DNS servers onto pc.... still nothing..

got fedup....unplugged everything and went to bed, got up this morning...and everything works.

guys heres something you can try.

windows users open up command prompt
type in "tracert" followed by a site name and hit enter

example tracert google.tt

what this does is trace the route the data takes to get to its destination....it will show u where the fault is.

try tracing different sites to see what you get.

A33_VQ35
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby A33_VQ35 » October 16th, 2018, 4:09 am

That happened to me last night, fire stick saying no internet, but I using whatsapp on my phone through wifi. Also only sites loading were Google searches, etc. Got up n everything normal

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » October 16th, 2018, 6:33 am

skylinechild wrote:

only thing is on my end not even you tube works....google....msn.... youtube....nothing..
my connection goes like this >> digicel router >>>>>then my own router >>>> then my pc's etc

thought it was my router...powered it down.... when i connect the cable directly to the digicel router youtoube works ..i didnt try any other site to confirm if its down or not...

thought it was a DNS issue - inputted google DNS servers onto pc.... still nothing..

got fedup....unplugged everything and went to bed, got up this morning...and everything works.

what this does is trace the route the data takes to get to its destination....it will show u where the fault is.

Hoss I try doing a ping test and tracert from the digicel router itself and is failure

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » October 16th, 2018, 7:14 am

Kronik wrote:
skylinechild wrote:

Hoss I try doing a ping test and tracert from the digicel router itself and is failure

take screenshot and send it to digicel...as proof...demand value for money....say something along those lines.... threaten to go flow... or amplia..... lets see some results...

maxtech
Street 2NR

Postby maxtech » October 16th, 2018, 4:37 pm

2am - 5am boy that is sleep time who cares if internet working them hours.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”