TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

HELP exhaust Catalytic converter

Mitsu Lancer, Evo, GSR, MIVEC, 4G**, GDI, Galant, Outlander, L200 Sportero/Triton etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Alsam2415
Ricer

HELP exhaust Catalytic converter

Postby Alsam2415 » May 10th, 2018, 6:49 pm

hay guys in desperate need of some advise and help, I have a 2012 Galant fortis which gives off a high carbon scent when rpm reaches 3k.
I took it to a exhaust shop which told me there are no leaks and I can remove the inside of the catalytic however he also told me that my car looks like it have two catalytic converters which he never encountered.
So I decided to do some research and came across some info which said that if I remove the inside the o2 sensors will go crazy with the air fuel mixture and that the car can potentially back fire as well as some about the honeycomb pieces if not removed properly can het into the engine causing damage.

So guys I'm confused as to what my options are without major consequences. Pls can someone share some light on my issue and if this option is avaliable where is highly recommended to get this done. pls helpp..

trini iceman
Trinituner Peong

Re: HELP exhaust Catalytic converter

Postby trini iceman » August 11th, 2018, 7:41 pm

Not sure if you need to remove the cat or if you do have multiple cats. The exhaust shop will not be removing your o2's but gutting or removing the cats. Bank 1 Sensor 1 sensors (before cats) are responsible for fuel trim while Sensor 2 sensors are to monitor the efficiency of the cats.

What we have seen when we de-cat vehicles in our shop with some brands is an intermittent threshold error but the vehicle works normally.

Advertisement

Return to “MITSUBISHI”