this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Motor Vehicle inspection fees to raise from $165 to $300 on Dec 1

Postby Ted_v2 » August 4th, 2018, 5:52 am

De Dragon wrote:
Ted_v2 wrote:So garages could do T?

Yes, Roundy say they were given permission to do so, but I don't think that has translated into actual inspections yet for some reason.

Yep, last i heard was similar. I recently bought a pickup and would like to get this done sooner than later.

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » August 7th, 2018, 10:52 am

Tell us something we don't know Scotty...

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » August 8th, 2018, 5:37 am

^^ Only buy a Toyota.

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » August 10th, 2018, 7:49 am

Ted_v2 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
Ted_v2 wrote:So garages could do T?

Yes, Roundy say they were given permission to do so, but I don't think that has translated into actual inspections yet for some reason.

Yep, last i heard was similar. I recently bought a pickup and would like to get this done sooner than later.
Passed by my local garage...said they not doing T as yet......prob by year end...was like tha not making sense cause is 5 mths grace only..
I am thinking that only certain garages with bays would be given the green light for this

dredman1
Riding on 18's

Postby dredman1 » August 27th, 2018, 10:38 am

So Licensing Office POS today indicated they're not doing any inspection for T-registered vehicles "until further notice", since apparently their inspection pit sustained some damage in the earthquake.

They advised to go to Caroni to get it done.

Anyone tried T inspection at Caroni recently, since from what I remember they said they only doing heavy-T (trucks, etc) there?

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Postby ADONI » August 27th, 2018, 12:04 pm

^^Thanks dude for check POS, was meaning to pop in and check. Will also like to find out about Caroni T-inspection as well.

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » August 27th, 2018, 1:46 pm

So when will.private garages start doing T

mad
Sweet on this forum

Postby mad » September 5th, 2018, 2:28 pm

Passed by 5 different garages in south and none is doing T-vehicles at the moment.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 5th, 2018, 2:30 pm

Next year

Black Scorpion
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Black Scorpion » September 5th, 2018, 7:53 pm

Went south LO last week and got Dec 2018 as the date

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Postby ADONI » September 6th, 2018, 8:14 am

^^ Appointment for T inspection? Wah them does really do boi. I went in POS LO in June and was no appointment, just pay and come in the pit one time. They cah even standardize their process? smh!

Black Scorpion
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Black Scorpion » September 7th, 2018, 2:52 pm

And the line for inspection was short( saw 3 vehicles) on that day and time. They just dont want to work efficiently

DreamWeaver
3NE 2NR for life

Postby DreamWeaver » September 15th, 2018, 6:31 pm

So apparently after almost 2 months of the moratorium over, the ministry advertised in the newspapers (this week gone) a "PUBLIC NOTICE: Invitation to Apply for Vehicle Testing Station". Looks like people need to re-apply to be considered to be a Vehicle Testing Station for Light T Vehicles. There are no deadline dates in the ad so your guess is as good as mine with respect to when this new list will be out for inspection of light T vehicles.

On another note, has anyone been to Sando LO? Is it still utter chaos there with respect to vehicle inspections or has the crowds died down since the moratorium was issued?

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » September 15th, 2018, 7:19 pm

Black Scorpion wrote:And the line for inspection was short( saw 3 vehicles) on that day and time. They just dont want to work efficiently

did you try talking to the officer to see if he'd inspect your vehicle one time? That's what I did when I paid, officer said "come nah man the place eh have much". Got through same day

DreamWeaver
3NE 2NR for life

Postby DreamWeaver » September 16th, 2018, 6:12 am

eliteauto wrote:
Black Scorpion wrote:And the line for inspection was short( saw 3 vehicles) on that day and time. They just dont want to work efficiently

did you try talking to the officer to see if he'd inspect your vehicle one time? That's what I did when I paid, officer said "come nah man the place eh have much". Got through same day

How much bribe you slip him to say that?

Black Scorpion
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Black Scorpion » September 18th, 2018, 6:25 pm

eliteauto wrote:

I didnt go with the vehicle that day

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » September 25th, 2018, 2:55 pm

DreamWeaver wrote:
eliteauto wrote:

How much bribe you slip him to say that?

I did not offer, nor did he ask for anything. Guy was quite nice actually

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » September 25th, 2018, 2:57 pm

https://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/lo ... 50cc8.html

The Ministry of Works and Transport has announced the expansion of Vehicle Testing Stations across Trinidad and Tobago.

The Vehicle Management Corporation of Trinidad and Tobago (VMCOTT) has been approved as an official testing station for the inspection of Motor Cycles, Private Cars not exceeding a Tare Weight of 2,270 kgs and “T” Goods Motor Vehicles up to 3200 kgs M.G.W.

Drivers are invited to visit the following VMCOTT locations to have their "T" vehicles inspected at the cost of three hundred dollars ($300.00):

- Head Office – Administration Building, #22 Beetham Gardens, Beetham Highway, Laventille, Port of Spain, Telephone: 626-1468/625-9028 or 626-1679

- San Fernando – Union Hall, Cross Crossing, San Fernando, Telephone: 652-0396

- Tobago – Old Farm Road, Scarborough, Tobago, Telephone: 639-2177

Persons desirous of having their motor vehicles inspected are invited to contact the offices of VMCOTT to schedule an appointment.

Walk-ins will also be accommodated on a first-come-first-serve basis.

Please take note of the following requirements:

- Drivers are required to present their original Certified Copy, Insurance Certificate and Drivers Permit. Note: Any Engine or Colour change must be conducted at a Licensing Department and reflected on the Certified Copy.

- The vehicle must be Engine, and Under washed.

- The vehicle must not be sprayed with shock oil until the inspection process is complete.
The Ministry of Works and Transport reiterated that motor vehicle/motorcycle inspection is a legal requirement.

In June a five month moratorium was granted on the inspection of motor vehicles.

This moratorium will provide drivers with sufficient time to ensure that their vehicles are properly inspected, and the necessary inspection stickers are affixed to their vehicles, in accordance with the requirements of the Motor Vehicles and Road Traffic Regulations.

Members of the public are reminded that the five-month moratorium will expire on December 31st 2018.

As the Government seeks to bring the incidence of road traffic accidents and fatalities down to zero, it is critical that drivers can provide proof that their vehicle is in a roadworthy condition, stated the Ministry.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 25th, 2018, 4:48 pm

That grace period is sheit and should be extended...still a pain to go in a license office to get T vehicles inspected...private bays cannot do inspections as yet. Rohani just talking sheit

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » September 25th, 2018, 6:00 pm

Five month moratorium granted in June to expire December 31st, six months later?

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » September 25th, 2018, 7:55 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:That grace period is sheit and should be extended...still a pain to go in a license office to get T vehicles inspected...private bays cannot do inspections as yet. Rohani just talking sheit

so annual inspection of T vehicles at Licensing has been in existence for more than 10 years. The Gov't grants a moratorium owing to a rush for inspection which occurred because vehicle owners heard that a crackdown was coming, they even extended the initial moratorium giving motorists more time to get their vehicles inspected and added VMCOTT to the mix with 3 months to go still ( only adding them because as you said private garages not on stream yet) But " the grace period is sheit"? OK then :|

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 25th, 2018, 8:35 pm

I did my inspection in town on the same day rohani say stickers are available...I am still waiting on a sticker(I have been back 3 times already)..

As per my statement....you can't saying you giving a grace period, say you put things in place and to date we still in the same situation where we started...

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » September 25th, 2018, 8:43 pm

How can you say you're in the same situation when
a) the rush for private vehicle inspection has died (that was the main reason for the grace period )
b) you don't need a sticker, in the absence of same you need to keep your inspection certificate in the vehicle, yes that can be a pain in the ass somewhat but it's doable. When I did my inspection the LO told me stickers is for children, I never even bothered to go back for one because it's annually anyway so I just keep the cert.

I have work colleagues who paid for inspection at the LO in late July/ early August and got dates in November, around the last week in Aug in a meeting they spoke about it and I told them they could go to the LO early in the morning and ask the MVI if they can be inspected, within 1 week ALL of them were inspected, so it's not the system that is the issue here it may just be the vehicle owners

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 25th, 2018, 9:03 pm

eliteauto wrote:How can you say you're in the same situation when
a) the rush for private vehicle inspection has died (that was the main reason for the grace period )
b) you don't need a sticker, in the absence of same you need to keep your inspection certificate in the vehicle, yes that can be a pain in the ass somewhat but it's doable. When I did my inspection the LO told me stickers is for children, I never even bothered to go back for one because it's annually anyway so I just keep the cert.

I have work colleagues who paid for inspection at the LO in late July/ early August and got dates in November, around the last week in Aug in a meeting they spoke about it and I told them they could go to the LO early in the morning and ask the MVI if they can be inspected, within 1 week ALL of them were inspected, so it's not the system that is the issue here it may just be the vehicle owners

Tbh...at least 75% of people with T vehicles just dredding having to go to a LO...we all know why this is so...but wah yuh go do

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » September 25th, 2018, 9:20 pm

Defenders gon' defend................

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » September 26th, 2018, 8:11 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Tbh...at least 75% of people with T vehicles just dredding having to go to a LO...we all know why this is so...but wah yuh go do

T with GVW<=3200kg can go to any of the new light vehicle inspection spots every two years - unless it was voted down.

---------

LEGAL NOTICE NO. 99
REPUBLIC OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO
THE MOTOR VEHICLES AND ROAD TRAFFIC ACT, CHAP. 48:50
(b) goods vehicle with a maximum gross weight of up
to 3200kg that is two years old or more,
from the date of manufacture, shall produce his motor vehicle for inspection by an examiner biennially, at such premises designated for that purpose as the Licensing Authority may direct.”

Made by the Minister this 23rd day of July, 2018.
R. SINANAN
Minister of Works and Transport

http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5bab777a256f7/Legal%20Notice%20No.%2099%20of%202018.pdf

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 26th, 2018, 9:00 am

Okay...give the list of light inspection bays that doing t vehicles...cuz atm it have none in grande authorized to do so...

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 26th, 2018, 10:24 am

Wait, so ha every 2 years?

Great!

Sando isn't as locked down as before, as even outside was chaos.

But Inside, the lines still going down till after the big tree.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » September 26th, 2018, 10:42 am

And you want it local, too? ;)
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Okay...give the list of light inspection bays that doing t vehicles...cuz atm it have none in grande authorized to do so...

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » October 5th, 2018, 11:00 am

We really have a bunch of stupid fvukers in office- to date theres still no private garage that has been authorized to Inspect Light "T" vehicles, the Inspection PIT in Wrightson rd is not operating since the earthquake, and I have heard this morning that the only garage you can go to is Vemcott or wherever, however on that same note yesterday they were inspecting Private vehicles for Transfer at POS but they refusing to inspet "T"?? WTF really going on in Trinidad?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”