Forums

Petrotrin refinery shut down

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

neilsingh100
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Re: Petrotrin refinery to shut down

Postby neilsingh100 » September 6th, 2018, 10:26 pm

The $45k/month is the average employee cost which is correct. This does not mean every employee had a salary of $45k and employee cost is not salary alone. BTW, I have no issue with employees being paid well once the company was profitable, paying taxes/royalties, could refinance its own debt and a net earner of forex.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Petrotrin refinery to shut down

Postby MaxPower » September 6th, 2018, 10:27 pm

Sighhhh Tuner really infested with allyuh pathetic sufferers yes..

Sad yall dont care about the future of your country, yet you get satisfaction by someone losing their job who salary is more than your peasant family salary combined.

jealousy at its best

neilsingh100
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby neilsingh100 » September 6th, 2018, 10:38 pm

MaxPower wrote:Sighhhh Tuner really infested with allyuh pathetic sufferers yes..

Sad yall dont care about the future of your country, yet you get satisfaction by someone losing their job who salary is more than your peasant family salary combined.

jealousy at its best
Petrotrin was only paying lower level workers above market rates, professionals and managers were not paid market rates. This might have been the cause of the company's demise since if they had good management they would have figured out how to keep the union at bay.

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Postby ProtonPowder » September 6th, 2018, 10:39 pm

MaxPower wrote:Sighhhh Tuner really infested with allyuh pathetic sufferers yes..

jealousy at its best

Let us be level headed for a moment, you can't expect sympathy from people if you call them peasants. If you talk down their earnings, they will think it damn good if you lose yours.

Not my opinion; just put yourself in their shoes.

Zetski
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Zetski » September 6th, 2018, 10:40 pm

Petrotrin workers were always underpaid.. its their system that makes you think that they overpay their workers. This was inevitable.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » September 6th, 2018, 10:41 pm

Dey salary too high. Close it down and gii de 1%.

Massa, we miss thou. Come back, de black man cant run nothing.

neilsingh100
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby neilsingh100 » September 6th, 2018, 10:45 pm

nervewrecker wrote:Dey salary too high. Close it down and gii de 1%.

Massa, we miss thou. Come back, de black man cant run nothing.
Funny, I think this is actually true. Just look at CLF/Clico compared to ANSA McAL.

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » September 6th, 2018, 10:46 pm

airuma wrote:WOW! lots of scary stories with pictures showing up now!!! First thing came to my mind was..... Scooby dooby doo, where are you?.....
Funny how people make up all kinds of scary stories to keep others away from "their treasures".
I hope the people who are actually productive and make a positive contribution to the lives of the citizens of this country, the ones who work diligently and smart for their money, show that they will not support the cause of the few that have suffered the country financially for personal gain. The ones that boast about their overtime being bigger than most peoples salary when they rest and reflect in the local rum shop but want to post up selected pay slips now hoping the same public that they suffered, in one form or another, will feel an ounce of sympathy for them.

Does this mean you aren't voting anymore? Because by the 'few that have suffered this country financially for personal gain', I assume you're referring to politicians..right?? Asking for a friend, of course. Speaking of friends..if you're hearing about people bragging about OT and what not, you either need to change your friends or change your sources.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » September 6th, 2018, 10:46 pm

Measures putting into place to raise fuel prices. Good reason to justify it..
1% smiling all now..

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » September 6th, 2018, 10:54 pm

nervewrecker wrote:Measures putting into place to raise fuel prices. Good reason to justify it..
1% smiling all now..
How much for ah drum of VP fuel bai

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » September 6th, 2018, 10:57 pm

neilsingh100 wrote:Petrotrin was only paying lower level workers above market rates, professionals and managers were not paid market rates. This might have been the cause of the company's demise since if they had good management they would have figured out how to keep the union at bay.

You would not believe how long I've been waiting for you to say this!! Finally!! I honestly thought you were a smarter guy but this statement popped that bubble, but at the same time we can agree to disagree, that poor management is the reason for Petrotrin's current state, right? I've typed at least 3 different responses to this and erased them all because of how stupefied I am by this post. Wow. Take win tonight, brother. A little again and you could speak on a PNM platform. Kudos.

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » September 6th, 2018, 11:04 pm

Joshie23 wrote:
neilsingh100 wrote:Petrotrin was only paying lower level workers above market rates, professionals and managers were not paid market rates. This might have been the cause of the company's demise since if they had good management they would have figured out how to keep the union at bay.

You would not believe how long I've been waiting for you to say this!! Finally!! I honestly thought you were a smarter guy but this statement popped that bubble, but at the same time we can agree to disagree, that poor management is the reason for Petrotrin's current state, right? I've typed at least 3 different responses to this and erased them all because of how stupefied I am by this post. Wow. Take win tonight, brother. A little again and you could speak on a PNM platform. Kudos.
Dohfeeddetrollsbredda

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » September 6th, 2018, 11:11 pm

gastly369 wrote:
Joshie23 wrote:

Dohfeeddetrollsbredda

I guess Malcolm Jones didn't have anything to do with the running down of the company but it was underpaid managers :roll:

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » September 6th, 2018, 11:16 pm

nervewrecker wrote:Normal day of temps.
24/7 operations.
#run_it_down_and_contract_it_outImage

First location on the right after the T-junction?

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » September 6th, 2018, 11:25 pm

What would be the reaction of the online shoppers if the online tax goes to 20 percent?

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » September 6th, 2018, 11:50 pm

The question is did Petrotrin ever required 5000 staff members to effectively function though? Why were there so many staff members and such little output? What was the optimum amount of employees that the refinery could operate with.

Did the union ever seek to decrease employment and have the refinery operating efficiently? Oh wait

All that boasting about salary, range rover, millions and a man in a suit in an office somewhere sign a peace of paper and everybody get send home.

Ah wonder how much bush that man face in he life before he sign that paper. Some of alluh really have a warped sense of importance yes.

That looking like a hard labour prison sentence.
Last edited by Redress10 on September 7th, 2018, 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Monkey Man
Riding on 18's

Postby Monkey Man » September 7th, 2018, 1:02 am

Rowley like he still sours he never get to be a Grad trainee back in the 90s

With he fake degrees

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » September 7th, 2018, 1:23 am

A zip file just dropped... :mrgreen:

So A&V, from now until the refinery is shutdown, ETT (Expose TT) will be making increasingly damning revelations on an ongoing basis.

Kindly explain the following;

- Who developed and submitted you initial completion programme (ICP) for Petrotrin and the Ministry of Energy?

- Why are the rates of production from the ICP 5 TIMES less than your reported actual Initial Production (IP) for the majority of your wells at Catshill ?

- How do you plan to explain that the Catshill field was producing 5 TIMES more than it should have between ?

For those of you who want to view some of these ICPs, here you go, a gift from a soon to be fired Petrotrin Employee : https://we.tl/t-TMgBBLH0Cr

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » September 7th, 2018, 1:34 am

The_Honourable wrote:A zip file just dropped... :mrgreen:

So A&V, from now until the refinery is shutdown, ETT (Expose TT) will be making increasingly damning revelations on an ongoing basis.

Kindly explain the following;

- Who developed and submitted you initial completion programme (ICP) for Petrotrin and the Ministry of Energy?

- Why are the rates of production from the ICP 5 TIMES less than your reported actual Initial Production (IP) for the majority of your wells at Catshill ?

- How do you plan to explain that the Catshill field was producing 5 TIMES more than it should have between ?

For those of you who want to view some of these ICPs, here you go, a gift from a soon to be fired Petrotrin Employee : https://we.tl/t-TMgBBLH0Cr
Ohhgyadooiii...let de pumpin start start start

mitch1980
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby mitch1980 » September 7th, 2018, 3:55 am

Joshie23 wrote:
Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:
mitch1980 wrote:
kstt wrote:IMG-20180905-WA0031.jpg

BIG MONEY!!!

this is what an admin assistant/clerical temporary staff get.
this is bottom of the barrel

use a senior operaton or engineer or manager
then we will see the 40+ K

Senior operator and senior engineer already posted. Nowhere near 40+ K. Feel free to post the info showing 40+K if you do.

Yes, please do. I'd like to plan my future accordingly and I'm confused as to whether I want to apply to Petrotrin as a Senior Operator or if I want to be an MP w/ a Ministerial position, since both seem to have a healthy salary with endless perks/benefits.

The thing is, I know people who have left 'bess salary' Petrotrin for other companies :shock: (IKR!! I mean, who knew the grass could be greener outside of Petrotrin!!), but I've never seen a Parliamentarian leave for a better job...some, after decades of being in 'di ting', so my mind is made up. Government it is, because if Rowley and Co., could feed the population sh*t on a cone, call it ice cream and make men ask for sprinkles, I don't think any Petrotrin *insert paraphernalia here; salary, benefits, coverall, etc.* has that amount of power. Parliament, here I come.

*states political science-ally*
One cannot hide the financial statements. With liabilities over 28 billion, 6 years compounded loss and the arrogance of demanding wage increases over those years via the rest of population financing it.

Salaries for a year is 2billion. Ridiculous.

The resource vs production capacity is ridiculously high vs other refineries.

Personally I owe a lot for Petrotrin born there and family and myself worked there. But the big picture is difficult for many to see. In its current state the refinery have to restructure

Kudos to the government for making a decision not easy but tough but definitely in the right direction

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » September 7th, 2018, 6:30 am

Redress10 wrote:The question is did Petrotrin ever required 5000 staff members to effectively function though? Why were there so many staff members and such little output? What was the optimum amount of employees that the refinery could operate with.

Did the union ever seek to decrease employment and have the refinery operating efficiently? Oh wait

All that boasting about salary, range rover, millions and a man in a suit in an office somewhere sign a peace of paper and everybody get send home.

Ah wonder how much bush that man face in he life before he sign that paper. Some of alluh really have a warped sense of importance yes.

That looking like a hard labour prison sentence.

You know what grinds my gears? To see (supposedly) smart people applying their 'smarts' conveniently. There are some smart men and women on TriniTuner, making these statements and for one reason or the other, they refuse to ask or answer certain questions. AN OPERATOR CANNOT HIRE ANOTHER OPERATOR. Tbh, I don't want to to know what my manager would do if I showed up one day at my place of work with a partner and started training him to work with us. :lol: I would also assume, that at the very least, a manager would have to sign off on some documents so if Petrotrin is overstaffed, it could speak to incompetence in HR.

It could also speak to nepotism whereby certain people in influential positions have the ability to circumvent various hiring practices such that they bring more people in for certain positions than are required for said position, ergo bloating because Jah knows, as a Manager, I want my son and daughter to make some of this Petrotrin shmoney, but suppose they're technically and operationally incompetent?? Would I put them in a plant, near an oilwell or on a platform, to possibly kill themselves and others? Or would I jam them in an office position to terrorize people?? *cough cough..this Saharan Dust is a scene*
(thinking out loud; why does the ENTIRE board of EVERY State Enterprise have to be replaced after every...General..Election..??)

You know what I've always asked (and I was wondering when some brilliant soul would have brought it up, but apparently it was easier to firetruck up the operators and ground level employees while sipping our PNM tea)? Why does an OVERSTAFFED company have to dedicate millions each month, to pay overtime? Because to me, being overstaffed means that Petrotrin should have a plethora of people to relieve the various shifts such that no one would ever have to make overtime, right??? Or could it be that maybe..just maybe..core operations are actually understaffed and that HR was/is firetrucking around and not hiring for said operations departments, who knows, maybe even deliberately..

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » September 7th, 2018, 6:31 am

If you know your job position is temporary then why expect and demand benefits of a permanent employee. Lets be real here and look at the facts. Temporary job positions are there for a reason. And if you accepted it when applying you should not be surprised now. Where is your backup plan knowing that from day one your job was temporary

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » September 7th, 2018, 6:53 am

SR wrote:If you know your job position is temporary then why expect and demand benefits of a permanent employee. Lets be real here and look at the facts. Temporary job positions are there for a reason. And if you accepted it when applying you should not be surprised now. Where is your backup plan knowing that from day one your job was temporary
Are you employed with PDVSA or with Tatweer Petroleum?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 7th, 2018, 7:19 am

mitch1980 wrote:
Joshie23 wrote:
Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:
mitch1980 wrote:
kstt wrote:IMG-20180905-WA0031.jpg

BIG MONEY!!!

this is what an admin assistant/clerical temporary staff get.
this is bottom of the barrel

use a senior operaton or engineer or manager
then we will see the 40+ K

Senior operator and senior engineer already posted. Nowhere near 40+ K. Feel free to post the info showing 40+K if you do.

Yes, please do. I'd like to plan my future accordingly and I'm confused as to whether I want to apply to Petrotrin as a Senior Operator or if I want to be an MP w/ a Ministerial position, since both seem to have a healthy salary with endless perks/benefits.

The thing is, I know people who have left 'bess salary' Petrotrin for other companies :shock: (IKR!! I mean, who knew the grass could be greener outside of Petrotrin!!), but I've never seen a Parliamentarian leave for a better job...some, after decades of being in 'di ting', so my mind is made up. Government it is, because if Rowley and Co., could feed the population sh*t on a cone, call it ice cream and make men ask for sprinkles, I don't think any Petrotrin *insert paraphernalia here; salary, benefits, coverall, etc.* has that amount of power. Parliament, here I come.

*states political science-ally*
One cannot hide the financial statements. With liabilities over 28 billion, 6 years compounded loss and the arrogance of demanding wage increases over those years via the rest of population financing it.

Salaries for a year is 2billion. Ridiculous.

The resource vs production capacity is ridiculously high vs other refineries.

Personally I owe a lot for Petrotrin born there and family and myself worked there. But the big picture is difficult for many to see. In its current state the refinery have to restructure

Kudos to the government for making a decision not easy but tough but definitely in the right direction

the major part of that 2bn, when to the top or to the bottom?

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » September 7th, 2018, 7:45 am

I wonder if the peddlers of (mis)information on both sides have considered the impact this may have on workers' safety? A labourer interviewed on CNC3 yesterday said in addition to the stress of losing his job, he was now concerned about people targeting him because they will think "he have money"...:|
Last edited by hydroep on September 7th, 2018, 7:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

neilsingh100
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby neilsingh100 » September 7th, 2018, 7:45 am

Joshie23 wrote:

Yes, I agree it was the mis-management of the company that led to poor investment decisions and failed projects but the union also took advantage of the situation that contributed to the demise of the company. I always said that there are certain businesses that the government should not be involved in but let private sector run and government can get their share from taxing them. Even if government turnaround Petrotrin and they start making a profit then the same thing will happen again. Look at BWIA/CAL. Government should just get out of these businesses all together.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » September 7th, 2018, 7:47 am

SR wrote:If you know your job position is temporary then why expect and demand benefits of a permanent employee. Lets be real here and look at the facts. Temporary job positions are there for a reason. And if you accepted it when applying you should not be surprised now. Where is your backup plan knowing that from day one your job was temporary

thats the ignorant Trini culture.... dey always have rights!

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » September 7th, 2018, 7:52 am

hydroep wrote:I wonder if the peddlers of (mis)information on both sides have considered the impact this may have on workers' safety? A labourer interviewed on CNC3 yesterday said in addition to the stress of losing his job, he was now concerned about people targeting him because they will think "he have money"...:|

So what you want the gubbment tuh do bout that??? steups!

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » September 7th, 2018, 7:54 am

No i am not employed by petrotrin. My background is in negotiating workers salaries and benefits in a technical dept ranging from engineers electricians and technicians. We work with risk factors work conditions economic climate as well as job descriptions outlined by the employer to determine how we negotiate. Temperary and contract positions are ways in which an employer keeps cost down. The other option would be to subcontract these positions to an outside company instead which in the long run will cost the company less. Easy termination of contract for non performance and there is always a long list of other companies willing to take up the contract.

Monkey Man
Riding on 18's

Petrotrin refinery to shut down

Postby Monkey Man » September 7th, 2018, 9:11 am

hydroep wrote:I wonder if the peddlers of (mis)information on both sides have considered the impact this may have on workers' safety? A labourer interviewed on CNC3 yesterday said in addition to the stress of losing his job, he was now concerned about people targeting him because they will think "he have money"...:|

You fliking feel them dunce failures at media houses care about people safety?

They will whore out their own wives/mothers/babymamas to sell a story. Bunch of pathetic low lives if you ask me

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”