I LUV THIS PLACE

Re: The Law and Tinted Vehicles

Postby Keyser Soze » June 6th, 2018, 7:05 am

RedVEVO wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
skylinechild wrote:
pugboy wrote:Installed the llumar air 80 blue on front glass yesterday
It’s almost clear, slight blue tint
Drove last night and did not notice any issues.
Will know today if it is an improvement on heat

can you say where u got the llumar and what was the cost for it ?

looking to grt my car done... all 4 doors the entire front windscreen in the uv blocking tint and the rear windscreen done in the same as the doors.

Yes, please post/PM this info.

All the heavy dark tinted car glass are " gangsters in training "

When Police stop these "citizens" look @ them closely .

These are the peeps who headline the newspapers .

man you should be up for the next COP with them assessment skills.
Teach us how to make out the white collar gangsters who bringing in the guns and powder too nah

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » June 6th, 2018, 10:48 am

Keyser Soze wrote:
RedVEVO wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
skylinechild wrote:
pugboy wrote:Installed the llumar air 80 blue on front glass yesterday
It’s almost clear, slight blue tint
Drove last night and did not notice any issues.
Will know today if it is an improvement on heat

can you say where u got the llumar and what was the cost for it ?

looking to grt my car done... all 4 doors the entire front windscreen in the uv blocking tint and the rear windscreen done in the same as the doors.

Yes, please post/PM this info.

All the heavy dark tinted car glass are " gangsters in training "

When Police stop these "citizens" look @ them closely .

These are the peeps who headline the newspapers .

man you should be up for the next COP with them assessment skills.
Teach us how to make out the white collar gangsters who bringing in the guns and powder too nah

That is easy ..

But if I tell you , you not going to be safe .

Right now I not seeing you being smart.

infinite_RPM
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby infinite_RPM » June 8th, 2018, 9:51 am

Quick question. If 35 percent is acceptable on the windows, why not the windscreen?

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » June 8th, 2018, 11:17 am

infinite_RPM wrote:Quick question. If 35 percent is acceptable on the windows, why not the windscreen?

As far as I remember a strip of about 4 inches (stand correction ) is allowed. Not the whole windscreen. Don’t know if this is official or just generally understood

randolphinshan
Riding on 17's

Postby randolphinshan » June 8th, 2018, 11:55 am

MarlonSam wrote:thinking about putting in on my whole front glass

Go right ahead. Just have a 2 thousand to pay if police or LO catch you. Aulluh fellas like trouble yes.

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Postby hong kong phooey » June 11th, 2018, 1:18 am

ProtonPowder wrote:
hong kong phooey wrote:the next thing is what about people with wagons anr they going to get tickets for those windows because they cannot see inside car trunks without asking the driver to open it

ent the prius and ioniq have dark glass on the trunk?
lewwe watch bacchanal

i looked up the definition of window , cannot win them in court, i going to strip the tint from the wagon trunk

cueball1990
Trinituner Peong

Postby cueball1990 » June 11th, 2018, 8:33 am

some vehicles come with privacy glass so its not like you have anything to strip off. waiting to see they expect you to buy a new glass for yuh car if it so

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » June 11th, 2018, 10:00 am

cueball1990 wrote:some vehicles come with privacy glass so its not like you have anything to strip off. waiting to see they expect you to buy a new glass for yuh car if it so

I would want to hear LO explanation of why they registered the vehicle with the illegal privacy glass in d first place.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » September 6th, 2018, 5:44 pm

Minister of Works Rohan Sinanan tweeting today that new tint laws are coming to T&T

vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby vaiostation » September 6th, 2018, 5:45 pm

Might be no tint unless you work for the government...

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » September 6th, 2018, 6:11 pm

If they legalise 20%

I happy

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » September 6th, 2018, 6:33 pm

going to pay meh 1k and get my doctor paper and LO OFFICE stamp.

G5 titanium

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » September 6th, 2018, 6:36 pm

Once they not stopping my Maybach I cool.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » September 6th, 2018, 7:28 pm

Pshhh

I took the top off a maybach

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 6th, 2018, 7:46 pm

blow gun, speed gun, and tint gun.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 6th, 2018, 9:02 pm

Inside for this story...who getting light meter contracts

greggle71
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby greggle71 » September 6th, 2018, 10:24 pm

Necessary and overdue, no longer should it be at the discretion of any police or licensing officer.

R.P.J
Trinituner Peong

Postby R.P.J » September 7th, 2018, 11:47 am

This should be intrested
FB_IMG_1536335304234.jpeg

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » September 7th, 2018, 11:52 am

Start with govt minister cars

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » September 7th, 2018, 12:00 pm

well its supposed tuh be that the tint cannot prevent someone outside being able to recognize the driver- so maybe the lighter skinned you are the darker tint yuh will be allowed legally!

Albinos be like 5% G5 :fist: :fist: :fist: :fist:

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » September 7th, 2018, 1:54 pm

Ben_spanna wrote:well its supposed tuh be that the tint cannot prevent someone outside being able to recognize the driver- so maybe the lighter skinned you are the darker tint yuh will be allowed legally!

Albinos be like 5% G5 :fist: :fist: :fist: :fist:
Wtb: cake soap

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » September 7th, 2018, 3:58 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Inside for this story...who getting light meter contracts

this

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » September 13th, 2018, 10:21 am

New Tint laws and penalties. These are the changes they want to introduce.
IMG_bsffm9.jpeg
Screenshot_20180913-101740.jpeg
Screenshot_20180913-101734.jpeg

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » September 13th, 2018, 11:52 am

posting as text:

4.6 Based on the jurisdictional analysis of the motor vehicle window tint laws, it is proposed that the law be amended to stipulate that:

 Windows – Front Side (driver and passenger)
Where the front side windows (i.e. the driver’s and passenger front moveable and non-moveable windows) of a motor vehicle are treated or darkened with material, they must when measured with a light transmittance meter must have a total Visible Light Transmittance through both the material and the glass of at least thirty-five (35) per cent of visible light.15

 Windows – Rear (behind front side windows including the rear windscreen)
Where the rear side windows (any side windows behind the front side windows including the rear windscreen) of a motor vehicle are treated or darkened with material, they must when measured with a light transmittance meter must have a total Visible Light Transmittance through both the material and the glass of at least twenty (20) per cent of visible light.16

 Windshield/ Front Windscreen:
Where the windshield/front windscreen of a motor vehicle is treated or darkened with material, it must when measured with a light transmittance meter must have a total Visible Light Transmittance through both the material and the glass of at least seventy (70) per cent of visible light.17

 General Prohibition:
The use of any reflective (metallic/mirror) material on the windscreens and windows (front side driver and passenger and rear) of a motor vehicle is prohibited. Additionally, the use or installation of any curtains, sun screen devices or other similar device on the windscreens and windows (front side driver and passenger and rear) of a motor vehicle is prohibited.18

 Non-reflective strip or band on windshield/front windscreen:
A strip or band of non-reflective material with a total Visible Light Transmittance through both the material and the glass of at least thirty-five per cent (35%) of visible light transmittance not exceeding fifteen centimetres (15cm) in width measured from the top of the windshield/front windscreen may be applied to the windshield/front windscreen of a motor vehicle. Additionally, this band must not extend into the windshield wiper arc area.19 This proposed amendment partially mirrors Maxi-Taxi Regulation 12(2) of the Maxi -Taxi Act, Chap. 48:53 which states that the owner of a maxi-taxi may display his name or the name of the maxi-taxi on the front or rear windscreen of the motor vehicle, within an area not exceeding fifteen centimetres (15cm) from the top of the windscreen. Also, in Jamaica the guidelines which govern the use of tint film on public passenger vehicles provide that, “No tinting of windscreen (front or back) however, a six (6) inch visor is allowed at the top of the front windscreen.”20

 General Safety Requirements:
Where the windscreens and windows of a motor vehicle are treated or darkened with material, it must be free of bubbles, scratches or other defects that could unreasonably impair or adversely affect the driver’s vision.21 A person who contravenes this provision would be issued a warning by the law enforcement officer. This warning would require the violator to remedy the defects identified and produce the motor vehicle for further inspection at the nearest Police Station within the district where the violator resides within thirty (30) days from the date the warning was issued.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » September 13th, 2018, 12:01 pm

Ticket for baby curtains and bubbled tint

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » September 13th, 2018, 12:18 pm

Additionally, the use or installation of any curtains, sun screen devices or other similar device on the windscreens and windows (front side driver and passenger and rear) of a motor vehicle is prohibited.18

I not understanding the logic behind this section. The law is directly saying that you cannot use a sun screen device while parked to protect the vehicle's interior, or any sun protection devices while passengers are in the car? And they're already limiting the types of tint one can use? Reflective metallic IR tints are mostly definitely not allowed.

What was wrong with having sun screen protectors on the side windows?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » September 13th, 2018, 12:25 pm

Because you can’t see the occupants
That it the objective of tint laws

Tbh if they are allowing light tint on front
A car tinted all around could be very difficult to see occupants and pass the light meter check

Btw who get the contract to supply the light meters?

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » September 13th, 2018, 12:28 pm

maj. tom wrote:
Additionally, the use or installation of any curtains, sun screen devices or other similar device on the windscreens and windows (front side driver and passenger and rear) of a motor vehicle is prohibited.18

I not understanding the logic behind this section. The law is directly saying that you cannot use a sun screen device while parked to protect the vehicle's interior, or any sun protection devices while passengers are in the car? And they're already limiting the types of tint one can use? Reflective metallic IR tints are mostly definitely not allowed.

What was wrong with having sun screen protectors on the side windows?

Noticed this as well. Many a dashboard go crack now...:|

dredman1
Riding on 18's

Postby dredman1 » September 13th, 2018, 12:53 pm

Draft policy on MOWT website available for viewing and comments.

Apparently a consultation of sorts.

Make sure to post your issues/concerns - hopefully they are taken into consideration.

http://www.mowt.gov.tt/general/category ... egoryID=42

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » September 13th, 2018, 2:59 pm

trying to post my comments however it not going thru..

it giving an error
"Validation Error:
Bad Response"

heres my response.

EDIT ok so i got thru to posting my comment it was a bit long so i had to break it up into smaller parts.

heres it for all to read

*****************************************************************************************************

the draft is flawed in the following aspects.

1. Medical exemptions for persons with particular medical conditions which would require them to be protected from the sun’s ultra-violet (UV) rays.

without adequate protection ANYONE can develop skin cancer from UV rays. therefore getting a medical exemption for someone to use a dark tinted vehicle - who already HAS skin cancer due to UV rays ( or other medical conditions which are made worse by UV rays) while the rest of the population are being subject to harmful UV rays.

the law should allow EQUAL treatment for all citizens to allow protection from UV rays and not just to citizens who have a medical condition or to those on "long journeys".

*****************************************************************************************************

2. window films contain metallic /mirror elements (silver mirror look) that reflect incoming light and reduce the glare and heat generated by visible light.

window films that contain metallic / mirror elements do not reflect / refract incoming light based on brightness. it also depends on angle of light hitting said surface. untreated glass can also blind other road users in direct sunlight depending on the angle of the glass in relation to the sun / time of day.

the law should allow the metallic type of window film but specify the TYPE and amount of additive that is used to manufacture the tint.

also it is a well known fact that the surrounding lighting conditions that actually dictate whether the mirror effect will work and the strength of the mirror and not just the tint.

3. percentage of visible transmitted light through a vehicle.
the amendment proposes a value of 35% VLT on front windows and 20% on the rear.

if we institute a 20% tint for the rear glass and 35% for the front it gives the unwritten message that implies the protective services only want to see who is driving - regardless of what is taking place in the rear of the vehicle. -ie kidnapping drug / gun transport.

why is the law not proposing a 25% or 30% ( an excellent compromise between the 20% annd 35% values) VLT for all windows on a vehicle?

the countries that were used as a case study - UK USA Australia and Jamaica all have different laws that govern tint use. in addition the case study countries all lie in geographically different temperature (temperate) parts of the globe.

how can we take tint laws meant to reduce heat and UV rays from countries that experience 4 DIFFERENT seasons inclusive of snow conditions as part of their yearly cycle?

in addition the countries studied may have similar climate conditions however the law enforcement and motorist co operation is vastly different and as such our laws need to be structured for our citizens and not a "case study" or a "copy and paste" routine.

as such the UK / USA/Australia tint laws will be different due to current climate conditions as well as motorist obeying such laws.

i propose the law should take into account our tropical conditions & our geographical location on the globe as it pertains to heat and UV exposure.

in addition the law should allow the TTPS to allow random stops and checks of suspected vehicles not just based solely on type and percentage of tint.

4.Exemptions General-Privacy
It is proposed that the restrictions outlined shall not apply, on a case by case basis,
to any motor vehicle that is so exempted by the Licensing Authority.
An application for an exemption can be made for the following: vehicles utilize

A to transport State Officials;
B.Protective Services vehicles
C.vehicles owned by the Military Authority
D.vehicles utilized by an undertaker or funeral home or
limousines.

Where such an exemption is granted, a motor vehicle must be outfitted with dual external rear vision mirrors.

A. I propose there should be no exemptions for anyone including state officials.
the same laws that govern citizens should hold same and true for those we elect.
they should not be above the law based on their chosen profession.

if security is a concern the elected government should take steps to introduce bullet proof / flame proof/ bomb proof vehicles ONLY for top government officials & visiting dignitaries as tint alone cannot protect the elected official (& visiting dignitary) from any of the above mentioned potiential threats.

B&C. same can be said for protective services & military vehicles.

D. IF all other vehicles follow the 20% rule therefore it should be that funeral vehicles and others should also follow same. if not criminal activity may seek to circumvent the law and seek to go illegal acts under the guise of a hearse. (transporting drugs guns kidnapping etc)

how exactly is a dual external rear vision mirror supposed to assist with allowing an officer of the law to ensure no criminal activity is taking place within such darkened vehicle?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”