Forums

***THE FARMERS CHED***

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: ***THE FARMERS CHED***

Postby adnj » July 4th, 2018, 10:06 am

For both of these, use a high phosphorus fertilizer to aid in plant growth.

'The function of phosphorus in plants is very important. It helps a plant convert other nutrients into usable building blocks with which to grow. Phosphorus is one of the main three nutrients most commonly found in fertilizers and is the “P” in the NPK balance that is listed on fertilizers.'

Read more at Gardening Know How: The Importance Of Phosphorus In Plant Growth https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/garden-how-to/soil-fertilizers/phosphorus-plant-growth.htm
pugboy wrote:Got a couple grafted lime plants the other day
They had flowers and small fruit on them

They still flowering but not growing
Any suggestions to get them to grow branches and leaves instead?
Sheriff wrote:nick639v2, the plant grows back but takes a little while. Had that same experience 3 times to the same plant (zabooca) from neighbor's goat, and the plant took like 2-3 months to catch itself back. Goats eat almost the whole plant the first time.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 4th, 2018, 2:12 pm

Thanks

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » July 4th, 2018, 2:23 pm

Thanks for that, going this afternoon self to get

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » July 4th, 2018, 2:30 pm

adnj wrote:For both of these, use a high phosphorus fertilizer to aid in plant growth.

'The function of phosphorus in plants is very important. It helps a plant convert other nutrients into usable building blocks with which to grow. Phosphorus is one of the main three nutrients most commonly found in fertilizers and is the “P” in the NPK balance that is listed on fertilizers.'

Read more at Gardening Know How: The Importance Of Phosphorus In Plant Growth https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/garden-how-to/soil-fertilizers/phosphorus-plant-growth.htm
pugboy wrote:Got a couple grafted lime plants the other day
They had flowers and small fruit on them

They still flowering but not growing
Any suggestions to get them to grow branches and leaves instead?
Sheriff wrote:nick639v2, the plant grows back but takes a little while. Had that same experience 3 times to the same plant (zabooca) from neighbor's goat, and the plant took like 2-3 months to catch itself back. Goats eat almost the whole plant the first time.

I have multicote-4 here home, will that be sufficient? Or higher p content?

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » July 4th, 2018, 4:01 pm

nick639v2 wrote:I have multicote-4 here home, will that be sufficient? Or higher p content?

I am not familiar with that particular one but what I found online was http://www.haifa-group.com/?q=multicote-4-2 that lists it at 10-48-0. If that's true, just use about 2 ounces sprinkled around the tree and raked into the soil.

You should be fine just as long as you give damaged or budding trees a boost of phosphorous.

In my experience, about 2 lbs (3 cups) of 12-12-12 fertilizer per citrus tree is all that you need for the year. Split the amount over equal doses during the rainy season.

Change the amount of fertizer based on the composition: 1 lb of 24-24-x, 4 pounds of 6-6-x, etc.
Last edited by adnj on July 4th, 2018, 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » July 4th, 2018, 4:03 pm

Very Good info.. thanks alot bro

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » July 7th, 2018, 5:58 pm

I went up to check out my land today and I found 20 of my coconut trees dead, nice young trees now getting big. The neighbor up there kill it (he is also a Police aswell), I know this because he was arguing with me a recently telling me he want it cut down because in 30 years from now it will grow tall and could fall on he house etc. I notice he kill the entire bed that is closest to his house and the shitty part of it is he kill about 10 nice trees far inside the land about 50 feet away from he house. He did it so it wouldn't look too suspicious so I might think is a disease or something that killed it.

Just 2 weeks ago i was there and every tree was healthy and nice.

I hadda go next 2 weeks again and see if he kill anymore. I feel like he probably pour diesel or something in the root. Not sure what other chemical he could have used to accomplish that.

If is not thief is a set ah crazy people, farming really is risky business

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » July 8th, 2018, 8:13 pm

Sorry to hear that. I would just replant the dead trees and keep them 15 feet away from the boundary . Use the current weather to make sure that your plantings get enough water.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » July 9th, 2018, 7:46 pm

adnj wrote:Sorry to hear that. I would just replant the dead trees and keep them 15 feet away from the boundary . Use the current weather to make sure that your plantings get enough water.

yeah I will do that, since I confronted him about what he did, he knows I am onto him now so maybe he won't proceed further from there to do any further damages. He says he is also building a wall around his property so if true that would be really great. Even though he denied it, its pretty obvious that it is him, I just don't have the evidence to report him to the police. I know its him since he complained about the trees and for 3 years them trees there and was perfect, soon as he say he don't want the trees near his house it magically all died on that whole bed.

I will go this weekend and see what if any further damages have been done and will replace the trees with some selected bola nut plants that I can get from someone. I won't plant anything on the bed near his house, when he builds his wall I will measure the distance and plant it as far from his wall as possible.

Generally speaking what is a safe distance to plant so it won't crack a wall? I always thought 8 feet was enough maybe I will have to do 15 feet

If I am lucky some of the trees will be able to catch back and won't die. But you could see how yellow and brown they have become starting to lean as in the last stages of death but the center leaf is still green the one that has not yet spread out. Some a few seem reluctant to die as in typical behavior of Palm Trees willing to stand harsh treatment/environment and live. Those I am hoping will live up to their survivor traits.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » July 9th, 2018, 8:04 pm

This is a picture of the damages, didn't capture all cause the land is too big but this is where most of the damages occurred, sometimes it have nasty minded people out there too. This guy definitely is one of them, Imagine he did nearly burn down my land a time because he decided to throw all he wood and cut grass and thing and light it a fire in my land.

Last edited by EFFECTIC DESIGNS on July 9th, 2018, 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » July 9th, 2018, 8:39 pm

If your tree falls onto a neighbor's house or fence due to negligence then you are liable for damages. If it's storm damage then you are not because it is an "act of God" according to the law.

Your neighbor can, however, cut any branches that hang over the boundary. Other than that, your neigbor has no recourse.

Coconuts grow up to 100 feet tall and the leaves are about 15 to 20 feet long. When you fertilize your trees, you'll want to fertilize in a circle about the distance of your leaf tips. You will also want enough distance from your neighbor to harvest your fruit. IMHO 15 feet from your boundary is a minimum to prevent you from having too many problems. Unless it's a dwarf tree, I would go 30 feet. You can always plant some citrus trees in the empty space near the boundary.

Give your plants a little high phosphorous fertizer and wait to see if they recover. You may have lethal yellowing (?).

If your neighbor builds his wall on your property, or erects a permanent structure within 8 feet (sometimes more) of your shared boundary, that is encroachment. Keep you eye on your boundary and remember your rights.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » July 9th, 2018, 9:34 pm

^ thanks I will try that fertilizer. That isn't lethal yellowing though too coincidental that the bed near the bound all dead in the exact spot he wanted it dead. He probably poison the ones inside the land to not make it look too suspicious, plus these plants don't get LY until they start to bear nuts etc and in most cases its red ring but all of that happens when it starts to bear from what I seen plus I have nuts planted that are resistant to the LY disease so I know he poison it. I eh mind he kill the ones near he house but he went too far killing the others that didn't have anything to do with his house.

These are dwarf trees BTW I didn't plant any tall trees I avoided those because I have no intentions of paying people to climb as I plan to pick all myself.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » July 10th, 2018, 9:08 am

I believe that we talked about a barbed wire fence a while back. It may be time for that...

valentino 46
Riding on 13's

Postby valentino 46 » July 10th, 2018, 9:10 am

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:I went up to check out my land today and I found 20 of my coconut trees dead, nice young trees now getting big. The neighbor up there kill it (he is also a Police aswell), I know this because he was arguing with me a recently telling me he want it cut down because in 30 years from now it will grow tall and could fall on he house etc. I notice he kill the entire bed that is closest to his house and the shitty part of it is he kill about 10 nice trees far inside the land about 50 feet away from he house. He did it so it wouldn't look too suspicious so I might think is a disease or something that killed it.

Just 2 weeks ago i was there and every tree was healthy and nice.

I hadda go next 2 weeks again and see if he kill anymore. I feel like he probably pour diesel or something in the root. Not sure what other chemical he could have used to accomplish that.

If is not thief is a set ah crazy people, farming really is risky business

Search on amazon for something called a trail camera , it is a battery powered , motion sensing, night vision camera that is designed to be strapped to a tree or some object . Mainly used by hunters abroad to monitor animal feeding spots etc . I have a couple on my property and I have picked up hunters, deer, matte, agouti , man peeling my oranges you name it . It records picture and video with audio . Good evidence there . Some of the trail cameras even support network coverage with a SIM card so when something triggers it , it can then email you with the photo so you don’t have to be on the site to get them .

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » July 11th, 2018, 8:19 pm

adnj wrote:I believe that we talked about a barbed wire fence a while back. It may be time for that...

Yes indeed you are right, it is now time for that.

But what I wanted to do was put up a nasty looking rusty galvanize fence on his side, when he wake up he must be reminded that his evil deeds is the reason next door to his house looks worse than the Beetham. I went back and its a total of 24 trees he poison so its 4 more than I thought originally.

Wanna run those ideas again by me? I have the barbed wire and I could do like 8 rows of it, I wonder whats the easiest way to put down the post though, I may have to buy the galvanize post in the hardware and maybe dig a hole and mix concrete?

What other methods you think there are? we are talking about a perimeter of 550 feet but lets just go with 500 feet cause I eh think I will do anything with the bed across the ravine.

We looking at the widest the post can go, maybe 20 feet apart if I using concrete in the ground in a hole. I want to wait a little he say he building a wall so that might save me about 120 foot

What cost we looking at here you feel? given that I already have the barbed wire, but I wish there was a way to block the land in such a way that nobody could see inside the land.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » July 11th, 2018, 10:35 pm

20 feet from post to post is too long. 10 feet is the maximum that I would suggest and I prefer 8 feet from post to post. At 8 feet, that's about 75 posts.

If your soil is rocky, then you'll need to dig and back fill. If you have very few stones, then you can drive the posts into the ground. Drive them in about 2 feet deep. You can drive 1 inch pipe by hand. Use larger pipe for the corners. It takes about 20 minutes to drive a pipe and about 10 minutes to drive a t-post that's made for fencing.

From a 20ft/6m length, expect to get 3 posts that are 6-1/2 feet long. You can probably do a 4 strand fence or add a strand later if it's not enough.

Corner posts should be braced. Posts that are on a slope transition should be braced, also. I would add concrete at the corner posts, gate posts and any post that is in a valley.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » July 12th, 2018, 6:12 pm

Is Clay Dirt where the land is, but why though is 20 feet to much? just curious

I was also thinking of putting up a real nasty looking rotten galvanize fence on the side where his house is. Maybe I could attach it to the barbed wire. I need something that looks very scornful and disgusting stuff that would make you want to vomit when you look at it.

I thinking of using paint and writing profanity and drawing a big hairy penis and thing on it. This is all legal for me to do right? once is on my land?

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » July 12th, 2018, 7:20 pm

The longer distance between the posts allows the wire to sag or be pulled apart where a person could just walk between the wires like getting into a boxing ring.

Interestingly, a boxing ring is 16 to 20 feet on a side.

You can always start with posts that are 16 to 20 ft apart and then add a post in between but that is a lot more work. You can also do what I have done in the past: build a stronger fence in some places than in others.

I'm pretty sure that profane graffiti on your own fence will only get you trip to the remand yard. I hear it's ten men using the same bucket.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » July 12th, 2018, 7:32 pm

^ ooh ok thanks I understand now, do you have an idea how much the 75 posts would cost? I am guessing that would definitely include concrete in the hole. I could always do a few posts every weekend and at some point I will complete it.

I have also thought about chainlink and galvanize but I guess those would be way more expensive?

BTW I didn't know profanity could get you arrested is there really a law against that? for the very least I suppose I could knock up some nasty rusty old galvanize along the fence on his side of the fence.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 12th, 2018, 7:55 pm

1" pipe kinda flimsy
If soil is clay and no stones
You can make or have a hand auger made like this
https://youtu.be/7c5JcRrNHr0

Easy to use

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » July 12th, 2018, 8:51 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:^ ooh ok thanks I understand now, do you have an idea how much the 75 posts would cost? I am guessing that would definitely include concrete in the hole. I could always do a few posts every weekend and at some point I will complete it.

I have also thought about chainlink and galvanize but I guess those would be way more expensive?

BTW I didn't know profanity could get you arrested is there really a law against that? for the very least I suppose I could knock up some nasty rusty old galvanize along the fence on his side of the fence.

If you get larger posts, add crabbing, post caps, and concrete, your costs go up. I would guess in the $50 range for each post. You also need galvanized tension wire to tie the barbed wire to the post.

Chain link starts at about $10 per foot but that will probably need longer/larger posts, more tying hardware, better corner bracing, more concrete, and a lot more work.

Ripped from somewhere:

According to Section 49 of the Summary Offences Act Chapter 11:02;

Any person making use of any insulting, annoying or violent language with intent to, or which might tend to provoke any other person to commit a breach of the peace... or to the annoyance of any resident or person in [public]... is liable to a fine of TT$200 or imprisonment for 30 days. 

pugboy wrote:1" pipe kinda flimsy
If soil is clay and no stones
You can make or have a hand auger made like this
https://youtu.be/7c5JcRrNHr0

Easy to use
1 inch (nominal) galvanized pipe is the same as a 1-3/8" inch steel post. That is gate stock. It's not what you want around a prison but does works well for sheep and goats.

I was talking about driving a post, not augering a hole. You can build a post driver and do it manually. I owned a motorized driver. They were like night and day. For digging more than a couple of post holes, I used a PTO auger. I guess that makes me lazy. ;)

Here's a clip of post driving:

https://youtu.be/xG4LHU3NT8I

Listen at the end about how long it takes to pound in 40 steel posts.

ImageImage

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 12th, 2018, 9:34 pm

Nice

You can call a hardware to get price if galv pipe
They come 19feet long
So figure out how many you getting per length

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » July 14th, 2018, 1:15 pm

Saw this selling, should be what you looking for to use as postsImage

reeLpACE
3NE 2NR for life

Postby reeLpACE » September 16th, 2018, 12:37 pm

Anybody know where I can get plantain suckers to buy????

HSA
Riding on 17's

Postby HSA » September 17th, 2018, 9:10 am

recommendations for a hydroponic fertilizer for lettuce??

vinke
Street 2NR

Postby vinke » September 19th, 2018, 9:16 am

Anyone know who buys bamboo I have 7 big patches on my land

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 19th, 2018, 3:15 pm

vinke wrote:Anyone know who buys bamboo I have 7 big patches on my land

thing for decking?

dude2014
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby dude2014 » September 19th, 2018, 10:54 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:This is a picture of the damages, didn't capture all cause the land is too big but this is where most of the damages occurred, sometimes it have nasty minded people out there too. This guy definitely is one of them, Imagine he did nearly burn down my land a time because he decided to throw all he wood and cut grass and thing and light it a fire in my land.

Did you spray Weedicide? It loks like you may have screwed yourself. Jus saying ................

Those look like chinee nuts. So height should not be a problem. Other than that it could be red ring/palm mites.

Coconut roots grow very close to the surface and on the surface
Last edited by dude2014 on September 19th, 2018, 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dude2014
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby dude2014 » September 19th, 2018, 10:56 pm

HSA wrote:recommendations for a hydroponic fertilizer for lettuce??

Check nos_specialist

vinke
Street 2NR

Postby vinke » September 20th, 2018, 5:56 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:
vinke wrote:Anyone know who buys bamboo I have 7 big patches on my land

thing for decking?

All different sizes

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”