kstt
Riding on 16's

Re: Petrotrin refinery to shut down

Postby kstt » September 19th, 2018, 9:37 am

teems1 wrote:
kstt wrote:
teems1 wrote:
kstt wrote:

ONE BILLION IS NO KIND OF MONEY TO TALK ABOUT!!

That's the kind of thinking that got Petrotrin to their current financial state.

Instead of saying 4700 workers going home, ask yourself were 4700 workers really needed?

Why still so much outside contractors, understaffed departments and overtime hours logged when you have such a huge workforce.

LOL

Stay quiet if you know nothing about its operations nah bai. You will look lesser of a kaant!
Public entity bro.

If y'all weren't borrowing money from future taxpayers every month to meet operating expenditures then fine.

But y'all ain't making a profit and are squeezing the taxpayers dry.

Btw good job of trying to convince me to keep Petrotrin open. Really good PR ambassador work.

You still don't know the operations and benefits which are due to employees. If you don't know just shut up!! You don't know what goes on in there and can't last a day hence you would think $1 billion in settlement is enough because you feel is a rum shop
Last edited by kstt on September 19th, 2018, 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

kstt
Riding on 16's

Postby kstt » September 19th, 2018, 9:53 am

Joshie23 wrote:
teems1 wrote:
kstt wrote:
teems1 wrote:
kstt wrote:

That's the kind of thinking that got Petrotrin to their current financial state.

Instead of saying 4700 workers going home, ask yourself were 4700 workers really needed?

Why still so much outside contractors, understaffed departments and overtime hours logged when you have such a huge workforce.

LOL

Stay quiet if you know nothing about its operations nah bai. You will look lesser of a kaant!
Public entity bro.

If y'all weren't borrowing money from future taxpayers every month to meet operating expenditures then fine.

Btw good job of trying to convince me to keep Petrotrin open. Really good PR ambassador work.

In an attempt to be diplomatic, if your job (disclaimer: not sure if kstt is a Petrotrin employee) or a family members or even a breadwinner's job was on the line and there were several misconceptions, lies by omission and plain old blatant lies peddled by the powers that be to fuel statements like your previous one, you might exert a bit of animosity as well. The statement I placed in red, is a very, very interesting question.

timelapse wrote:
sinister_14 wrote:
Curtms wrote:
gastly369 wrote:
Curtms wrote:Have meh CV waiting...
Party card >cv
Have that!
This is why so many people want the refinery closed and re open so they too cud apply for jobs..it really sicken to see how some people does think waiting to see many fall for their personal gain....there are many envious no good small minded persons just like you waiting to apply for jobs at the refinery hope you guys make the cut.....this is why trinidad would never move forward from government to the small man on the street....all thinks the same sad reality we live in....

Not so nice when the shoe is on the other foot is it?
Wasn't it small minded thinking that got you a job in Petrotrin only if you had somebody working there?

Lol. You can't tell me that you don't know someone working Petrotrin..where is your Petrotrin wok?? Unless you're not living in Trinidad, in which case forget I said anything.

When kamla was PM she brought 2 white men (yes Massa time we all know how black ppl afraid of white man to this date) to run the company
The senior of the two was named Barden. He took on the union and made the refinery turn around and what he did was simply tell workers to do their jobs. Pipefitters were made to do pipefitting and not contractors. Because they both were MASSA they were fired by the PNM with the involvement of the OWTU. The other MASSA was in finance, a leader internationally but because they were MASSA they were removed.
So contractors do what employees are supposed to it took a MASSA to tell us that we do or jobs and not pay contractors to do it. Then the majority of workers are Temporary and casual workers while there are numerous unfilled vacancies. The permanent workers always take time off because the temps can't and they pick up the slack. Overtime will happen because Petrotrin is not a rum shop it doesn't open and close. You have operators working 24/7, you have Security working 24/7, you have Electricians working 24/7, you have Utilities working 24/7, Rig workers workinf 24/7, etc. So you will have overtime when a person or persons have emergencies. With numerous locations this occurring as well. That's why I told that idiot if he doesn't know what going on keep his rum shop talk for the rum shop!!
Last edited by kstt on September 19th, 2018, 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Joshie23
Riding on 17's

Postby Joshie23 » September 19th, 2018, 9:55 am

Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:OWTU massing outside Hyatt currently. Who they meeting with today??

Doh be fraid bai. Go check them and ask nah. Report back when you do.

X2. None of my Petrotrin/OWTU friends are answering their phones. Kindly report back.

ADONI wrote:Petrotrin have money to go rent Hyatt???

You're a day too late with that question. Petrotrin, through its Board of Directors procured the Conference Room at the Hyatt, to address the media yesterday. Today, the OWTU, procured same. Recognise the difference? So yesterday, was the day that you should have been asking if 'Petrotrin have money to go rent Hyatt???' I see what you're trying to do, but again, I'm trying to be diplomatic, hence the cordial response.

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » September 19th, 2018, 10:07 am

kstt wrote:
When kamla was PM she brought 2 white men (yes Massa time we all know how black ppl afraid of white man to this date) to run the company
The senior of the two was named Barden. He took on the union and made the refinery turn around and what he did was simply tell workers to do their jobs. Pipefitters were made to do pipefitting and not contractors. Because they both were MASSA they were fired by the PNM with the involvement of the OWTU. The other MASSA was in finance, a leader internationally but because they were MASSA they were removed.
So contractors do what employees are supposed to it took a MASSA to tell us that we do or jobs and not pay contractors to do it. Then the majority of workers are Temporary and casual workers while there are numerous unfilled vacancies. The permanent workers always take time off because the temps can't and they pick up the slack. Overtime will happen because Petrotrin is not a rum shop it doesn't open and close. You have operators working 24/7, you have Security working 24/7, you have Electricians working 24/7, you have Utilities working 24/7, Rig workers workinf 24/7, etc. So you will have overtime when a person or persons have emergencies. With numerous locations this occurring as well. That's why I told that idiot if he doesn't know what going on keep his rum shop talk for the rum shop!!

You do understand you are not helping Petrotrin's case at all.

You're saying the workers are not just lazy, but also insubordinate and take advantage of the benefits (time off).

Also Petrotrin isn't the only 24/7 company in Trinidad. Nearly all the plants in Pt Lisas are run 24/7 and they utilize a shift system. There is no rampant overtime where workers take home 3-4x their base salary.

kstt
Riding on 16's

Postby kstt » September 19th, 2018, 10:12 am

I don't have to lie to prove a point. The workers are partly to blame as well but poor management decisions have us where we are today. Like everywhere else you have really good workers and really bad ones. It's goverment owned and operates like any government agency in terms of time off which is due to them. It's a cultural issue enshrined by 50+years of PNM rule.

But I don't need to explain this to you because you already know this from your rum shop panchyat.

Joshie23
Riding on 17's

Postby Joshie23 » September 19th, 2018, 10:17 am

teems1 wrote:
kstt wrote:

You're saying the workers are not just lazy, but also insubordinate and take advantage of the benefits (time off).

Also Petrotrin isn't the only 24/7 company in Trinidad. Nearly all the plants in Pt Lisas are run 24/7 and they utilize a shift system. There is no rampant overtime where workers take home 3-4x their base salary.

I'd love to see your evidence of that. It might help convert some of us.

kstt
Riding on 16's

Postby kstt » September 19th, 2018, 10:48 am

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/refinery ... 94e4484fbe

I thought the refinery wasn't going to be sold?!!

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Petrotrin refinery to shut down

Postby car » September 19th, 2018, 11:08 am

kstt wrote:http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/refinery-assets-to-be-sold-after-shutdownespinet-6.2.670625.94e4484fbe

I thought the refinery wasn't going to be sold?!!

Misleading the public again. Just like the 10k for janitors, 45k for employees, 1700 to go and refinery making no profit.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 19th, 2018, 11:22 am

teems1 wrote:
kstt wrote:

this reminds me of a time where i used to be, a set of computers went missing for a certain project. after it was discovered that they went missing, management decried that all bags and vehicles would be searched exiting the compound. the thing was, the site where the computers were stored, it was only upper and lower management allowed to enter with vehicles, while the normal workers were to park in the external car park and walk in.

tell he how the workers are responsible for sighing off on thier own over time sheets and extra works?

was petrotrin so profitable that it could not suffer any down time due to strike action, in order to call the union's bluff?
union or no union, the management had a duty to perform, but the enouraged the workers, cause, if the pittance the workers would have gouged, failed in comparison to what the directors would have available to them.
remember, project went from 300m to 3.3 billion, and then sold for 30 million.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » September 19th, 2018, 11:40 am

Joshie23 wrote:
teems1 wrote:
kstt wrote:
teems1 wrote:
kstt wrote:

LOL

Public entity bro.

In an attempt to be diplomatic, if your job (disclaimer: not sure if kstt is a Petrotrin employee) or a family members or even a breadwinner's job was on the line and there were several misconceptions, lies by omission and plain old blatant lies peddled by the powers that be to fuel statements like your previous one, you might exert a bit of animosity as well. The statement I placed in red, is a very, very interesting question.

timelapse wrote:
sinister_14 wrote:
Curtms wrote:
gastly369 wrote:
Party card >cv
Have that!
This is why so many people want the refinery closed and re open so they too cud apply for jobs..it really sicken to see how some people does think waiting to see many fall for their personal gain....there are many envious no good small minded persons just like you waiting to apply for jobs at the refinery hope you guys make the cut.....this is why trinidad would never move forward from government to the small man on the street....all thinks the same sad reality we live in....

Wasn't it small minded thinking that got you a job in Petrotrin only if you had somebody working there?

Lol. You can't tell me that you don't know someone working Petrotrin..where is your Petrotrin wok?? Unless you're not living in Trinidad, in which case forget I said anything.

I applied , and I am qualified, never even got a response, yet I know people with fadda, uncle, neighbour getting through the door normal

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » September 19th, 2018, 12:00 pm

timelapse wrote:
Joshie23 wrote:
teems1 wrote:
kstt wrote:
teems1 wrote:
kstt wrote:

LOL

Public entity bro.

timelapse wrote:
sinister_14 wrote:
Curtms wrote:
gastly369 wrote:
Party card >cv
Have that!

I applied , and I am qualified, never even got a response, yet I know people with fadda, uncle, neighbour getting through the door normal
And they couldn't put in a word for you?

Strange..

lovescience1234
Street 2NR

Postby lovescience1234 » September 19th, 2018, 12:24 pm

Fadder, Trinidad is a real place?

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » September 19th, 2018, 12:49 pm

Joshie23 wrote:
teems1 wrote:
kstt wrote:

Big wages and salaries at Petrotrin. An av­er­age $45,000 month­ly wage bill per Petrotrin re­fin­ery work­er, $21,000 month­ly per tem­po­rary work­er and a $616 dai­ly rate for labour­ers, plus a $70,000 month­ly over­time earn­ing for one car­pen­ter.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/petrotri ... a2b3593616

Joshie23
Riding on 17's

Postby Joshie23 » September 19th, 2018, 1:07 pm

teems1 wrote:
Joshie23 wrote:
teems1 wrote:
kstt wrote:

Big wages and salaries at Petrotrin. An av­er­age $45,000 month­ly wage bill per Petrotrin re­fin­ery work­er, $21,000 month­ly per tem­po­rary work­er and a $616 dai­ly rate for labour­ers, plus a $70,000 month­ly over­time earn­ing for one car­pen­ter.

The Guardian and other media houses? Judy is nice eh, but Hema..lawd :oops: Ok, thanks. I'm officially convinced. Not to mention the fact that Guardian Media Limited is a well known sponsor of the Energy Chamber, so you can feel free to quote their figures too. I thought you worked at a bank or some other financial institution or you sourced someone's payslip to have first hand knowledge, but the media is fine. Thanks, bro. Good looking out.

Btw, according to this quote, it's only the refinery workers that average $45,000 per month and not all permanent employees, like other media houses and/or Frankie was saying, right? #superenlightened. Thanks again pal.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » September 19th, 2018, 1:39 pm

Pointman-IA wrote:
timelapse wrote:
Joshie23 wrote:
teems1 wrote:
kstt wrote:
teems1 wrote:
kstt wrote:

LOL

Public entity bro.

timelapse wrote:
sinister_14 wrote:
Curtms wrote:
gastly369 wrote:
Party card >cv
Have that!

And they couldn't put in a word for you?

Strange..

Nah boy . Salt for me . No big though, while all of them looking for work now, I have mine, as insignificant as it may be

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » September 19th, 2018, 1:43 pm

Good things come to those who wait.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » September 19th, 2018, 2:59 pm

OWTU answers the PM's challenge from 2 weeks ago and puts on the table an investment proposal... calling the PM's bluff?

kstt
Riding on 16's

Postby kstt » September 19th, 2018, 3:42 pm

timelapse wrote:
Joshie23 wrote:
teems1 wrote:
kstt wrote:
teems1 wrote:
kstt wrote:

LOL

Public entity bro.

timelapse wrote:
sinister_14 wrote:
Curtms wrote:
gastly369 wrote:
Party card >cv
Have that!

Was that the only company you applied for a job and never got through but other people did?

kstt
Riding on 16's

Postby kstt » September 19th, 2018, 3:46 pm

teems1 wrote:
Joshie23 wrote:
teems1 wrote:
kstt wrote:

:D :D :D :D :D

So much payslip circulating and rum shop mayor believe dat nonsense. Ah begging you please stay quiet!!!

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » September 19th, 2018, 3:59 pm

The_Honourable wrote:OWTU answers the PM's challenge from 2 weeks ago and puts on the table an investment proposal... calling the PM's bluff?

thought Roget didn't want the offer two weeks ago... saying it was for the people, not any union or otherwise?

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » September 19th, 2018, 4:11 pm

So the same man who marching up and down scaring people talking about no private ownership now saying that he have private investors? Who gonna touch Rouget after he tell people to "take their rig and go" etc...Who he fooling?

Trinis really this stupid? What makes his private investors different to the ones that gov't favour?

If Petrotrin all these years making more money than Ansa Mcal then Petrotrin workers and OWTU are bigger than the 1%? :-? :-?

Could someone give me an idea of the average owtu worker's skills and educational level because I have been in places where people have been laid off and they literally took their severances and went about their lives normel normel. Ppl keep saying that these workers highly skilled and educated but if this was the case then they would be very mobile and get new employment. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
Last edited by Redress10 on September 19th, 2018, 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » September 19th, 2018, 4:19 pm

screwbash wrote:why d workers just taking it in dey behind jus so... where is watson duke, budget suppose to be in 3 week and where is the various chamber of commerce. what obeah d pnm wuk so that no effin body opening dey doubles hole and squaking. the workers need to demand they call ah general election now and let all the caribbean islands come together and bail out petrotRin as trinidad bailing all the arse out for decades. we all need to be out brothers keepers and think of our children. call a dam GENERAL ELECTION NOW !!!!!!!

Probably the most a55inine post in this entire thread. What caribbean islands? You do realise that the caribbean is basically the poorest region on the planet right. St Vincent's national product is bananas, who can they bail out?

You really have no clue about what wealth and power is. If you want a "bail out" facking try and entice a private equity firm or something. There are hundreds of them all over the world. Jeeez.

Some of alluh really showing why they had to set the reset button on the place. This is beyond ridiculous now.

All this talk about Petrotrin this and Petrotrin that, explain to me why 5000 - 9000 workers were needed for a refinery that is producing less than 150000 bbd.

That is where the discussion starts and possibly end because jump high jump low is massive retrenchment that is needed to begin to rescue that company.

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » September 19th, 2018, 4:22 pm

Sorry eh, but Roget looks as if he's just putting on a show for the membership — "At least I tried to do something" while resting the blame squarely on the shoulders of the Board and the Government.

He must be hoping they don't come for him first when they're out on the streets...:|

Monkey Man
Riding on 18's

Postby Monkey Man » September 19th, 2018, 4:36 pm

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » September 19th, 2018, 6:56 pm

kstt wrote:
teems1 wrote:
Joshie23 wrote:
teems1 wrote:
kstt wrote:

So much payslip circulating and rum shop mayor believe dat nonsense. Ah begging you please stay quiet!!!
Clearly you don't know the difference between average and median. Common entrace math.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 19th, 2018, 7:01 pm

teems1 wrote:
kstt wrote:
teems1 wrote:
Joshie23 wrote:
teems1 wrote:
kstt wrote:

Clearly you don't know the difference between average and median. Common entrace math.
To be honest, it hard to remember the distinctions between mean, mode and median after all 5hese years.

Hence why they can say what they say...

Joshie23
Riding on 17's

Postby Joshie23 » September 19th, 2018, 7:42 pm

teems1, take win yes. You just scarf down whatever figures the Board, the Government, your uncle Franklin, your second cousin Wilfred or whosoever else you feel like listening to doles out. When kstt, sMASH, myself, Pointman-IA or whoever else makes a valid statement or poses pertinent questions to you, answer what feels convenient, ignore what doesn't and then repeat. Common Entrance maths, right? (You spelled 'entrance' wrong both times btw). One thing is for sure. You've won. You got your wish. Petrotrin is no more and it will no longer be a strain on your taxpayers dollars. Let the scoreboard read:
Them, the *insert various political party name here*
3,___,____,___,___,____.

We, the Taxpayers

Your blood pressure can stabilise now. Rest your voice, mind and fingers (mainly fingers, I'm sure) until we decide to be this vociferous about the next drain on taxpayer's dollars. Or not.

kstt
Riding on 16's

Postby kstt » September 19th, 2018, 7:49 pm

Redress10 wrote:So the same man who marching up and down scaring people talking about no private ownership now saying that he have private investors? Who gonna touch Rouget after he tell people to "take their rig and go" etc...Who he fooling?

Trinis really this stupid? What makes his private investors different to the ones that gov't favour?

If Petrotrin all these years making more money than Ansa Mcal then Petrotrin workers and OWTU are bigger than the 1%? :-? :-?

Could someone give me an idea of the average owtu worker's skills and educational level because I have been in places where people have been laid off and they literally took their severances and went about their lives normel normel. Ppl keep saying that these workers highly skilled and educated but if this was the case then they would be very mobile and get new employment. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

How many vacancies you see in the newspaper lately?

By chance did you see 5000 vacancies?

The newspaper used to have career sections. Not any more. Please take off your political blinders.

kstt
Riding on 16's

Postby kstt » September 19th, 2018, 7:52 pm

Redress10 wrote:
screwbash wrote:why d workers just taking it in dey behind jus so... where is watson duke, budget suppose to be in 3 week and where is the various chamber of commerce. what obeah d pnm wuk so that no effin body opening dey doubles hole and squaking. the workers need to demand they call ah general election now and let all the caribbean islands come together and bail out petrotRin as trinidad bailing all the arse out for decades. we all need to be out brothers keepers and think of our children. call a dam GENERAL ELECTION NOW !!!!!!!

Probably the most a55inine post in this entire thread. What caribbean islands? You do realise that the caribbean is basically the poorest region on the planet right. St Vincent's national product is bananas, who can they bail out?

You really have no clue about what wealth and power is. If you want a "bail out" facking try and entice a private equity firm or something. There are hundreds of them all over the world. Jeeez.

Some of alluh really showing why they had to set the reset button on the place. This is beyond ridiculous now.

All this talk about Petrotrin this and Petrotrin that, explain to me why 5000 - 9000 workers were needed for a refinery that is producing less than 150000 bbd.

That is where the discussion starts and possibly end because jump high jump low is massive retrenchment that is needed to begin to rescue that company.

Petrotrin in not the Refinery alone. It is PaP, Penal, Santa Flora, Pt Fortin, Guaya.

Each location having vendors, businesses and contractors who will be affected as well.

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » September 19th, 2018, 8:28 pm

Joshie23 wrote:teems1, take win yes. You just scarf down whatever figures the Board, the Government, your uncle Franklin, your second cousin Wilfred or whosoever else you feel like listening to doles out. When kstt, sMASH, myself, Pointman-IA or whoever else makes a valid statement or poses pertinent questions to you, answer what feels convenient, ignore what doesn't and then repeat. Common Entrance maths, right? (You spelled 'entrance' wrong both times btw). One thing is for sure. You've won. You got your wish. Petrotrin is no more and it will no longer be a strain on your taxpayers dollars. Let the scoreboard read:
Them, the *insert various political party name here*
3,___,____,___,___,____.

We, the Taxpayers

Your blood pressure can stabilise now. Rest your voice, mind and fingers (mainly fingers, I'm sure) until we decide to be this vociferous about the next drain on taxpayer's dollars. Or not.
I am not politically affiliated, however the only figures being released are from the PNM, Espinet etc.

Where are the official values from OWTU? 2-3 blacked out payslips on fb will not suffice for a company with 5000 employees.

I would rather the refinery stay open, but it has to post a profit. Running at a loss is not acceptable.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”