mitch1980
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Re: THE BEST VAN

Postby mitch1980 » October 18th, 2018, 3:58 pm

agent007 wrote:These are ours:

Model: 2016 Hilux 3.0 SRV Leather

pros against the NP300 LE Leather:
1. bigger and feels tougher
2. came with Michelin Latitude Tour HP 265/60/18 tyres UTQG 440AA (NP300 comes with Toyo Open Country A25 255/60/18 UTQG 640AA)
3. has 3 adjustable head rests on the back seat (NP300 has 2)
4. has a rear center arm rest (NA on NP300)
5. the glove box is lockable with the key (NA on NP300)
6. there's a drink's cooler box above the glove box (NA on NP300)
7. the steering wheel has a telescopic function (NA on NP300)
8. there is a driver's side knee airbag (NA on NP300)
9. side + curtain airbags (newer 2.8 version) (NA on NP300)
10. 2-piston front brake calipers (NA on NP300)
11. rear leaf spring capable of carrying/towing more weight (available on S, SE and XE but not LE models of NP300)
12. bigger displacement engine (NP300 top engine is the 2.5)
13. power button (newer 2.8 version) (NA on NP300)
14. eco button (newer 2.8 version) (NA on NP300)
15. front seat passenger airbag de-activation switch (NA on NP300)
16. comes with ribless aero wiper blades (NA on NP300)
17. 7" touch screen display screen (5" non-touch screen on NP300)
18. comes with both front and rear mud guards (rear mud guards only on NP300)
19. The hilux in theory with the more powerful brake calipers, wider tyres and lower tread wear tyres ought to have a traction advantage over the NP300 which results in shorter stopping distances.
Current cost brand new: $345,000.00

Model: 2018 NP300 Frontier LE Leather

pros against the Hilux 3.0/2.8 SRV Leather:
1. lighter and more nimble
2. comes with cruise control (NA on Hilux)
3. comes with auto dimming rear view mirror (NA on Hilux)
4. auto dimming rear view mirror has a built-in digital compass (NA on Hilux)
5. 5-link rear suspension with coil springs for a better ride (NA on Hilux)
6. comes with a roof rack (NA on Hilux)
7. comes with a 7-speed automatic (7AT) transmission with manumatic mode (Hilux comes with a 6AT)
8. comes with rear AC vents (NA on Hilux)
9. comes with dual zone auto climate control (single-zone auto climate control on Hilux)
10. 4500rpm redline (Hilux 3.0/2.8 is 4400rpm)
11. 220kmph speedometer (Hilux 3.0/2.8 is up to 200kmph)
12. 188hp engine (Hilux is 174hp)
13. additional power port in the tray (NA on Hilux)
14. front heated seats (NA on Hilux)
15. The higher UTQG rating on the NP300 Toyo Open Country A25 255/60/18 tyres would mean that it should last longer than the OEM supply from Toyota.
NB. even though the version of the Hilux pictured above did not come with projector xenon HID's with LED DRL's in the headlamp assembly, I did not list it as a "pro" for the Nissan simply because the newer 2.8 SRV's have this feature and thus it's no longer an advantage for the NP300. Additionally, you would observe in the pic below that our NP300 has the front mud guards, this is so because we specifically requested that the original pair be installed as an accessory item which costs $1,200. extra which was added onto the price appearing below. The original price is $309,000.00
Current cost brand new: $310,200.00

*NA = Not available

In international markets, both the Hilux and D23 NP300 have a lot more features that is not simply available to us in T&T. For example, the Hilux in some markets does have rear AC vents as can be seen in the grey market imported Hilux Revo / Rocco units.

As for the NP300? In some international markets, there are knee, side and curtain airbags as well as a powered sunroof, powered rear sliding glass, standard rear parking sensors, 6/7" touch screen stereo, forward collision warning, front headlamp washers, a center head rest for the backseat, a 2.3L twin turbo diesel engine with same HP and torque figures but it is said to be more fuel efficient than the YD25DDTi which emit less harmful emissions and make less noise.

What I noticed between the two is that the Hilux feels more 'trucky' in its operation and much more solid/heavy on the road. It feels really planted whereas the NP300 is more nimble as it is lighter and thanks to the rear coil springs, it also rides easier in terms of less impact harshness making its way into the cabin. Nissan says that the rear 5-link/coil spring setup saves a couple of pounds in weight as it is apparently lighter than a rear leaf spring setup. This means the NP300 Frontier LE from Massy Motors is marginally lighter than the NP300 Navara from the grey market importers. The NP300 is also faster for obvious reasons over the Hilux and the seating position in relation to the positioning of the dashboard and front windshield feels more crossover-like than a 'trucky' pickup. In other words after sitting in a NP300 and then to go drive a Hilux or D-Max, you may associate the NP300 to be closer to a crossover.

As owners of both, thus far we're leaning more on the NP300 as the winner here. There is one thing I don't like about TTTL though and that is their policy when it comes to servicing the vehicle. The oil change is at the conventional 5,000kms interval which is normal but the oil filter is changed every 10,000kms. At Massy Motors, at every 5,000kms interval, both the oil and oil filter is changed.

Further generic model comparison for would be purchasers:
Hilux:
1. The only versions that has the 18" rims are the SRV's, all other versions apart from the commercial grade ones ride on 17" rims.
2. The only Hilux from the factory that comes with an OEM installed rear view camera is the SRV Leather with the 7" touch screen DVD stereo. You cannot play DVD's if the van is in motion ie. transmission on D.

NP300:
1. The only versions that has the 18" rims is the LE Fabric 18" and LE Leather 18". There is an LE Leather 16" explained below.
2. The LE Leather 16" alloy rims can also be found in all XE models.
3. All XE and LE models come with a factory installed OEM rear view camera passing though a 5" non touch TFT LCD screen.
4. All XE and LE models share the same auto dimming rear view mirror with digital compass.
5. The only models to feature the projector xenon HID lamps with LED DRL's is the LE line-up.
6. The LE line-up has a 16" Leather and an 18" leather.
7. There is also an 18" fabric LE but no 16" fabric LE.
8. All XE and LE have the steering controls for audio, bluetooth, drive menu and cruise control.
9. Only the LE leather has the heated seats and I think driver's side power seat.
10. All XE and LE have rear AC vents.
11. All LE's have dual-zone climate control.
12. LE's have proximity key with push button start.
13. LE's have the traction control/stability control enable/disable button.
14. No NP300 comes from the factory with front mud guards (but the grey market NP300 Navara does
15. **subject to verification** but the NP300 Navara VL does not have a rear diff locker but the NP300 Frontier from Massy does
16. LE's have coil springs at the rear
17. XE and LE have the rear tailgate mounted lip spoiler (or place to put drinks as some say lol)
18. only the LE has the 188hp; 450Nm torque version of the YD25DDTi. All other versions like the S, SE and XE share the lower power output version of 161hp and 403Nm torque).
19. All S and SE versions are 6MT only. All LE versions are 7AT only. Some XE models are both 6MT and 7AT.
20. NP300 Navara VL's from the grey market dealers come with a double DIN 7" touch screen Kenwood supplied headunit vs as mentioned previously, the 5" non touch in the local NP300 Frontier XE and LE.

If there are any inaccuracies in this post, please feel free to highlight same and I'll make the adjustments. I hope this post was helpful to would-be buyers. Cheers fellow tuners!

Brilliant write up here.
Really appreciate the time and effort spent comparing these two popular vehicles.
Even as an owner of the 2011 Hilux 3.0 I will definitely review the NP300 sold from Massey for next pickup during 2019.

also how does the mileage compare ?
my 7 year old hilux gets me between 710km-730km per fill up.

rebound
Riding on 17's

Postby rebound » October 18th, 2018, 5:46 pm

What about the isuzu? They were known to be serious workhorses back in the day, despite the signature loud engine..

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » October 18th, 2018, 6:11 pm

rebound wrote:What about the isuzu? They were known to be serious workhorses back in the day, despite the signature loud engine..
They are just above basic overall I find.
Better looking of the set, drl really bring em out and not spaceship looking.
Decent power.
Have a slightly modern interior, comfy ride. 4x4 a lil unsteady in front the competition.
Good on fuel.
Engine not noisy as they were.
IHI turbos, I think team loco said thats the only truck turbo they never had to rebuild yet.
Do well on our sh1t fuel and are very affordable brand new.
I actually wanted to buy one but when I run the numbers, buying a new truck is a loss all round to you. I opted for a used one.

synTax_ErR0R1
Ricer

Postby synTax_ErR0R1 » October 18th, 2018, 10:23 pm

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » October 18th, 2018, 10:30 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:
De Dragon wrote:Looks never factored into my decision when I bought a pickup years ago. I wanted a reliable, proven beast to haul sheit and drive on T&T's "bess" roads. So spaceship type anything was out of the question, so too were those space robbing Super Up type tray covers and roll over bars.

So wah yuh buy

2.5 Manual Hilux Basic model.

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » October 19th, 2018, 12:44 am

De Dragon wrote:Looks never factored into my decision when I bought a pickup years ago. I wanted a reliable, proven beast to haul sheit and drive on T&T's "bess" roads. So spaceship type anything was out of the question, so too were those space robbing Super Up type tray covers and roll over bars.
i guess he never saw a mahindra van hahahah

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » October 19th, 2018, 12:46 am

agent007 wrote:These are ours:

Model: 2016 Hilux 3.0 SRV Leather

pros against the NP300 LE Leather:
1. bigger and feels tougher
2. came with Michelin Latitude Tour HP 265/60/18 tyres UTQG 440AA (NP300 comes with Toyo Open Country A25 255/60/18 UTQG 640AA)
3. has 3 adjustable head rests on the back seat (NP300 has 2)
4. has a rear center arm rest (NA on NP300)
5. the glove box is lockable with the key (NA on NP300)
6. there's a drink's cooler box above the glove box (NA on NP300)
7. the steering wheel has a telescopic function (NA on NP300)
8. there is a driver's side knee airbag (NA on NP300)
9. side + curtain airbags (newer 2.8 version) (NA on NP300)
10. 2-piston front brake calipers (NA on NP300)
11. rear leaf spring capable of carrying/towing more weight (available on S, SE and XE but not LE models of NP300)
12. bigger displacement engine (NP300 top engine is the 2.5)
13. power button (newer 2.8 version) (NA on NP300)
14. eco button (newer 2.8 version) (NA on NP300)
15. front seat passenger airbag de-activation switch (NA on NP300)
16. comes with ribless aero wiper blades (NA on NP300)
17. 7" touch screen display screen (5" non-touch screen on NP300)
18. comes with both front and rear mud guards (rear mud guards only on NP300)
19. The hilux in theory with the more powerful brake calipers, wider tyres and lower tread wear tyres ought to have a traction advantage over the NP300 which results in shorter stopping distances.
Current cost brand new: $345,000.00

Model: 2018 NP300 Frontier LE Leather

pros against the Hilux 3.0/2.8 SRV Leather:
1. lighter and more nimble
2. comes with cruise control (NA on Hilux)
3. comes with auto dimming rear view mirror (NA on Hilux)
4. auto dimming rear view mirror has a built-in digital compass (NA on Hilux)
5. 5-link rear suspension with coil springs for a better ride (NA on Hilux)
6. comes with a roof rack (NA on Hilux)
7. comes with a 7-speed automatic (7AT) transmission with manumatic mode (Hilux comes with a 6AT)
8. comes with rear AC vents (NA on Hilux)
9. comes with dual zone auto climate control (single-zone auto climate control on Hilux)
10. 4500rpm redline (Hilux 3.0/2.8 is 4400rpm)
11. 220kmph speedometer (Hilux 3.0/2.8 is up to 200kmph)
12. 188hp engine (Hilux is 174hp)
13. additional power port in the tray (NA on Hilux)
14. front heated seats (NA on Hilux)
15. The higher UTQG rating on the NP300 Toyo Open Country A25 255/60/18 tyres would mean that it should last longer than the OEM supply from Toyota.
NB. even though the version of the Hilux pictured above did not come with projector xenon HID's with LED DRL's in the headlamp assembly, I did not list it as a "pro" for the Nissan simply because the newer 2.8 SRV's have this feature and thus it's no longer an advantage for the NP300. Additionally, you would observe in the pic below that our NP300 has the front mud guards, this is so because we specifically requested that the original pair be installed as an accessory item which costs $1,200. extra which was added onto the price appearing below. The original price is $309,000.00
Current cost brand new: $310,200.00

*NA = Not available

In international markets, both the Hilux and D23 NP300 have a lot more features that is not simply available to us in T&T. For example, the Hilux in some markets does have rear AC vents as can be seen in the grey market imported Hilux Revo / Rocco units.

As for the NP300? In some international markets, there are knee, side and curtain airbags as well as a powered sunroof, powered rear sliding glass, standard rear parking sensors, 6/7" touch screen stereo, forward collision warning, front headlamp washers, a center head rest for the backseat, a 2.3L twin turbo diesel engine with same HP and torque figures but it is said to be more fuel efficient than the YD25DDTi which emit less harmful emissions and make less noise.

What I noticed between the two is that the Hilux feels more 'trucky' in its operation and much more solid/heavy on the road. It feels really planted whereas the NP300 is more nimble as it is lighter and thanks to the rear coil springs, it also rides easier in terms of less impact harshness making its way into the cabin. Nissan says that the rear 5-link/coil spring setup saves a couple of pounds in weight as it is apparently lighter than a rear leaf spring setup. This means the NP300 Frontier LE from Massy Motors is marginally lighter than the NP300 Navara from the grey market importers. The NP300 is also faster for obvious reasons over the Hilux and the seating position in relation to the positioning of the dashboard and front windshield feels more crossover-like than a 'trucky' pickup. In other words after sitting in a NP300 and then to go drive a Hilux or D-Max, you may associate the NP300 to be closer to a crossover.

As owners of both, thus far we're leaning more on the NP300 as the winner here. There is one thing I don't like about TTTL though and that is their policy when it comes to servicing the vehicle. The oil change is at the conventional 5,000kms interval which is normal but the oil filter is changed every 10,000kms. At Massy Motors, at every 5,000kms interval, both the oil and oil filter is changed.

Further generic model comparison for would be purchasers:
Hilux:
1. The only versions that has the 18" rims are the SRV's, all other versions apart from the commercial grade ones ride on 17" rims.
2. The only Hilux from the factory that comes with an OEM installed rear view camera is the SRV Leather with the 7" touch screen DVD stereo. You cannot play DVD's if the van is in motion ie. transmission on D.

NP300:
1. The only versions that has the 18" rims is the LE Fabric 18" and LE Leather 18". There is an LE Leather 16" explained below.
2. The LE Leather 16" alloy rims can also be found in all XE models.
3. All XE and LE models come with a factory installed OEM rear view camera passing though a 5" non touch TFT LCD screen.
4. All XE and LE models share the same auto dimming rear view mirror with digital compass.
5. The only models to feature the projector xenon HID lamps with LED DRL's is the LE line-up.
6. The LE line-up has a 16" Leather and an 18" leather.
7. There is also an 18" fabric LE but no 16" fabric LE.
8. All XE and LE have the steering controls for audio, bluetooth, drive menu and cruise control.
9. Only the LE leather has the heated seats and I think driver's side power seat.
10. All XE and LE have rear AC vents.
11. All LE's have dual-zone climate control.
12. LE's have proximity key with push button start.
13. LE's have the traction control/stability control enable/disable button.
14. No NP300 comes from the factory with front mud guards (but the grey market NP300 Navara does
15. **subject to verification** but the NP300 Navara VL does not have a rear diff locker but the NP300 Frontier from Massy does
16. LE's have coil springs at the rear
17. XE and LE have the rear tailgate mounted lip spoiler (or place to put drinks as some say lol)
18. only the LE has the 188hp; 450Nm torque version of the YD25DDTi. All other versions like the S, SE and XE share the lower power output version of 161hp and 403Nm torque).
19. All S and SE versions are 6MT only. All LE versions are 7AT only. Some XE models are both 6MT and 7AT.
20. NP300 Navara VL's from the grey market dealers come with a double DIN 7" touch screen Kenwood supplied headunit vs as mentioned previously, the 5" non touch in the local NP300 Frontier XE and LE.

If there are any inaccuracies in this post, please feel free to highlight same and I'll make the adjustments. I hope this post was helpful to would-be buyers. Cheers fellow tuners!
feels tougher n nissan in d same sentence? hahahahaha .. u see them land on wheel prices all u quoting . i will wait for a good 2nd hand buy

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » October 19th, 2018, 12:52 am

gastly369 wrote:Revo have lots problems...do research before locally n see

The only time Toyota decide to fix the new van friend buy from them was when he mention lawyers and court and get on like a jackass in the showroom

3 revos where I work...all similar problems also
Diff/ shaft/ turbo and something with the brain and a part that sending the van into safe mode
ohhh so the great Toyota hilux has problems ..but no one want to admit it.. even on tuner . no one complains bout the hilux..smh .. one top gear video n they feel all the versions bulletproof

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » October 19th, 2018, 12:54 am

nick639v2 wrote:
pugboy wrote:pickup market is very competitive they have no choice but to try any gimmick to get a sale
the worsest spaceship accessories was them foreign vigos with the funny looking racks on top that nobody uses

in texas the land of big pickups owners dont put on them stupid looking accessories for some reason

nervewrecker wrote:
Sure right about space ships.
All the new ones ugly except the ranger.
The bt50 maybe has the most fyahz.
Np300 most comfee and has some tempo
L200 last in the list cuz it ride rough, ugly etc.
Hilux overpriced and overrated. Second best looking though.

Good talk, we does run down roof rails and thing for aesthetics.. when d40 now came out in the uk, men was removing that for the cleaner simple look
i always said . if the roof rack free .. i still don't want it . or give me it n i take it off

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » October 19th, 2018, 12:55 am

rebound wrote:What about the isuzu? They were known to be serious workhorses back in the day, despite the signature loud engine..
engine still loud

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » October 19th, 2018, 12:56 am

nervewrecker wrote:
They are just above basic overall I find.
Better looking of the set, drl really bring em out and not spaceship looking.
Decent power.
Have a slightly modern interior, comfy ride. 4x4 a lil unsteady in front the competition.
Good on fuel.
Engine not noisy as they were.
IHI turbos, I think team loco said thats the only truck turbo they never had to rebuild yet.
Do well on our sh1t fuel and are very affordable brand new.
I actually wanted to buy one but when I run the numbers, buying a new truck is a loss all round to you. I opted for a used one.
they actually have plenty cabin space.. compared to the others . as a tallman ..over 6feet .. i try them all.. the new hilux get smaller inside n more tray space.. so my cargo more comfy than me

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » October 19th, 2018, 12:59 am

besides the crap diesel .. u need to find a good mechanic. i pass thru plenty crap mechanics . especially ones who work in d showroom

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » October 19th, 2018, 1:10 am

well u jus like me . u wanted a van ..not a suv with a tray ..lol

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » October 19th, 2018, 1:11 am

pugboy wrote:Buy a stick shift
If only because chances are bandits cannot drive manual
i used to say the same thing

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » October 19th, 2018, 1:17 am

nick639v2 wrote:What bt 50 you have boss?

Have men treating their van like chit then blaming it for not lasting too.

Bt/50 daily beaters-
We went tru a TDA 3.2l 239k kms and now a TDS 2.2l and no issues what so ever, actually the 2.2 giving me 750kms easy per tank... Only once had a wierd acceleration shake and it was a U joint easy fix...

My manual 4x2 d40 hitting 250k no set of issues to talk bout except the slight timing chain rattle which I'm changing soon. (Preventative maintenance before it turns into an issue)

To each their own i guess but i don't see myself ever sinking that set of money for a new hilux.
i have the older bt50 09 model with wl engine d famous head cracking van n trust me . i get head cracking n sheit mechanics

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » October 19th, 2018, 1:19 am

gastly369 wrote:
supernedd wrote:
RedVEVO wrote:
supernedd wrote:
amd-dude wrote:Over the years, my 2cents: Note that these were driven hard not just on the road/road test i.e. in the forest helping pulling out trucks and timberjacks from mud. I drove Mazda's, Toyota's, Isuzu, Jeep, Nissan, Dodge.

1, The absolute king of durability is the...........................................................Mazda BT-50, have a TCF series and the only problem this thing gave was a turbo seal needed changing, possible cause was helping a stuck timberjack and revving the balls off of it.

2. For comfort, Hilux and Nissan.

3. Power for hauling heavy sheit around Isuzu and Dodge Ram

4. For going places that only heavy machinery could go, Jeep Wrangler, nothing else I drove comes close, no not even them hilux with snorkel and big tires, leave that at home and don't mamaguy yourself.

The new Rangers are pretty decent as well but they haven't seen any hard work yet so I can't comment but the 2.2 engines are nice for the size and go really far on one tank.
lucky u ..i get head cracking issues n pass thru bout 7 shitty mechanics n eventually change engine yrs later .. after sounding like a tractor

Ranger 2.2 makes a very loud noise after a few months .
i wanted a big ranger bad .. but i fraid after seeing all them complaining n i had some bad experience with my mazda bt50 .. i feel my nex van will be a hilux ..but i fraid a new van with this poor diesel
U going from bad to worst...
yea boi i heard a ranger 2.2 idling n it was louder than my old bt50..

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » October 19th, 2018, 4:25 am

supernedd wrote:besides the crap diesel .. u need to find a good mechanic. i pass thru plenty crap mechanics . especially ones who work in d showroom

I have a 2.8 pentastar engine that was built to handle our crappy diesel..vehicle actually runs and sounds pretty good......but le company did recommend them liqui moly treatments

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » October 19th, 2018, 6:01 am

supernedd wrote:

Actually one of the very first Mahindra's was a rental here where I work.

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » October 19th, 2018, 6:16 am

De Dragon wrote:
supernedd wrote:

Actually one of the very first Mahindra's was a rental here where I work.
only way i will use it ..is if it free...lol .. not paying my hard earn money for that...lol

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Postby ADONI » October 19th, 2018, 8:34 am

synTax_ErR0R1 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXQuh57Mcuk
What ya'll think bout this?

Looks like d 2.3L twin turbo model.

rebound
Riding on 17's

Postby rebound » October 19th, 2018, 9:04 am

In my experience, an SUV is way more useful than a fully loaded pickup since they dont come with the tray rack to carry long items......If I have to carry long items now I actually use the SUV instead of the pickup....Its boils down to preference I guess..

worksux101
3NE 2NR Moderator

THE BEST VAN

Postby worksux101 » October 19th, 2018, 10:34 am

rebound wrote:In my experience, an SUV is way more useful than a fully loaded pickup since they dont come with the tray rack to carry long items......If I have to carry long items now I actually use the SUV instead of the pickup....Its boils down to preference I guess..

This...last year for flood relief my former crv (2015) carried 1.5 times as many cases of water than a hilux loading up both his tray and back seat! (My backseat was down as well).

Mind you there will obviously be things a pickup are better suited for carrying, but the extra size and loss of ride comfort, interior quality, features etc just aint worth it for me personally.

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » October 19th, 2018, 12:14 pm

rebound wrote:In my experience, an SUV is way more useful than a fully loaded pickup since they dont come with the tray rack to carry long items......If I have to carry long items now I actually use the SUV instead of the pickup....Its boils down to preference I guess..
yes is preference.. cause i do electrical n transport ladders n heavy dirty equipment.. and i am tall n drive long bad roads .. a suv more suitable for a family ride .. a pick up is more a work vehicle

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » October 19th, 2018, 12:22 pm

most people bought vans because diesel cheap .. the heaviest thing that touch their tray was groceries n their original rim n tyres.. lol .. i personally use it as a work vehicle n to transport stuff . like furniture for people n i am tall ..n i need something high .. my perfect garage would be one of each vehicle . a car . suv n a van in my yard

trinibajan34
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby trinibajan34 » October 19th, 2018, 1:09 pm

supernedd wrote:
engine still loud

why you keep saying that the engine loud, the engine isn't as loud as before i find it very quiet , the hilux on the other hand , got two coworkers with the new hilux but with previous 3l engine and that when it starts up is loud compared to my isuzu engine.

agent007
punchin NOS

THE BEST VAN

Postby agent007 » October 19th, 2018, 1:29 pm

There is a huge concern for many would-be van purchasers about the lack of the protective bar behind the cab itself to facilitate carrying long objects etc. Nissan calls this the “headache” rack. These racks for the NP300 are standard on the S and SE lines but absent on the XE and LE lineup. You can buy this rack as an accessory item and it is bolted to the tray via 6 mounting points. Have it painted to match the colour of your van before installing. The approx. total cost for this item (including painting and installation) is $2k.

You can also get a fabricator to customize one for you because even though the XE and LE’s don’t come with this particular rack, as I mentioned before, the 6 mounting points are there. Given climate/weather/terrain circumstances of today, having a 4wd double cab pickup is a must have.

Research before you attempt to buy other vans apart of the Nissan if such a rack can be installed. I know as a fact that Nissan designed their tray to accommodate it as an after purchase install. I noticed the 2.4 auto Hilux comes with that bar standard as well which is a huge plus who see this feature as a must have the way we did.

Our Hilux got 500 or so kms per tank in its best day. I know if driven more gently it may crack into the 600 range but I never personally saw that. The NP300 we have only has 400kms on the odo as I type and the tank is still above half. I would say it appears the np300 will be able to achieve the 600kms range easily.

In the pic I posted before, look closely and you would see the rack installed at the rear. So cost breakdown is as follows:
$309,000. For van
$2,400. Tray liner (free from Massy via ‘special’ promotion)
$450. tint
$650. Lenny sumadh plates
$1,000. reverse sensors
$2,000. tray bar aka headache bar
$1,200. Front mud guards
$500. Chrome handle inserts
$500. Door visors
$800. Front bug deflector
$300. Protective door edge trim
$500. chrome border trim on lights
$100. steering cover
$100. Nissan branded valve caps
$200. Nissan branded leather key pouch
$13,000. Roll and lock tray cover

For those who prefer the chrome roll bar to the back which comes with a third stop light in it, prepare to spend $4,000.

We got free genuine Weathertech branded all-weather rubber floor mats with the van and as you may know, these mats aren’t the regular generic $199. mats you find at any parts place.

If someone has the prices on the rear tow hitch, roof rack cross bars and the front nudge bar, I would be grateful if you can share the same and indicate where it can be procured.

I hope the info was useful and do note, these prices are from the top of my head so I won’t be surprised if someone points out more accurate pricing.
Last edited by agent007 on October 19th, 2018, 1:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

trinibajan34
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby trinibajan34 » October 19th, 2018, 1:44 pm

agent007 wrote:There is a huge concern for many would-be van purchasers about the lack of the protective bar behind the cab itself to facilitate carrying long objects etc. Nissan calls this the “headache” rack. These racks for the NP300 are standard on the S and SE lines but absent on the XE and LE lineup. You can buy this rack as an accessory item and it is bolted to the tray via 6 mounting points. Have it painted to match the colour of your van before installing. The approx. total cost for this item (including painting and installation) is $2k.

You can also get a fabricator to customize one for you because even though the XE and LE’s don’t come with this particular rack, as I mentioned before, the 6 mounting points are there. Given climate/weather/terrain circumstances of today, having a 4wd double cab pickup is a must have.

Research before you attempt to buy other vans apart of the Nissan if such a rack can be installed. I know as a fact that Nissan designed their tray to accommodate it as an after purchase install. I noticed the 2.4 auto Hilux comes with that bar standard as well which is a huge plus who see this feature as a must have the way we did.

Our Hilux got 500 or so kms per tank in its best day. I know if driven more gently it may crack into the 600 range but I never personally saw that. The NP300 we have only has 400kms on the odo as I type and the tank is still above half. I would say it appears the np300 will be able to achieve the 600kms range easily.

Those ranges knda low, I make get over 800km to a tank of diesel from my dmax and that with driving within the speed limit and not idling for long periods of time . Also my commute is north to south everyday or north to south east once or twice a week.

mitch1980
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby mitch1980 » October 19th, 2018, 1:46 pm

agent007 wrote:There is a huge concern for many would-be van purchasers about the lack of the protective bar behind the cab itself to facilitate carrying long objects etc. Nissan calls this the “headache” rack. These racks for the NP300 are standard on the S and SE lines but absent on the XE and LE lineup. You can buy this rack as an accessory item and it is bolted to the tray via 6 mounting points. Have it painted to match the colour of your van before installing. The approx. total cost for this item (including painting and installation) is $2k.

See my ridiculous illustration below:
IMG_0632.JPG

thanks again

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Postby ADONI » October 19th, 2018, 2:21 pm

mitch1980 wrote:

See my ridiculous illustration below:
IMG_0632.JPG

thanks again

Strange enough I know two of XE 4x4 that came with headache rack. Well one paid extra for a headache rack and the other was told, yes the van does come with the rack.
I doh like it doh, cause how it extends above the 3rd brake light, unlike the Hilux Vigo models that run inline with the cab height (cause no 3rd brake light).
I was surprise at Massy, gave me back the headache rack when I asked them to take it off...

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”